Post Details Of Your XP Build Here

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Zephyr

Post Details Of Your XP Build Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:45 am

I am providing a step by step instructions for my build of XP using user_hidden's XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3 so please supply comment's and suggestions based on your own experiences using both user_hidden's and Onepiece's update packs. It would be nice if you could supply instructions for making you own XP builds.

After having copied the Window installation files to your hard drive (F:\Windows XP Source in my case), integrate the following updates by executing them using the /integrate switch:

Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0) for Windows XP
Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0
Support for TLS 128-bit & 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cipher suites

Change directory to the directory where the hotfixes are stored and execute the following commands;

IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe /Integrate:"F:\Windows XP Source"
SmartCard_XP_x86.exe /Integrate:"F:\Windows XP Source"
WindowsXP-KB932716-v2-x86-ENU.exe /Integrate:"F:\Windows XP Source"
WindowsXP-KB3055973-v3-x86-Embedded-ENU.exe /Integrate:"F:\Windows XP Source"

Alternatively use this batch file:

CLS
@echo off
ECHO.
ECHO Slipstreaming Windows Updates
ECHO Please wait...
FOR %%f IN (*.exe) DO "%%f" /Integrate:"F:\Windows XP Source"
ECHO.
ECHO Slipstreaming Completed!
ECHO.
pause
EXIT

Then integrate the following update packs seperately with RVM Integrator version 1.6.1b2.1

XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3
[Addon] XPSP3 QFE POSReady Updates

Then integrate the following addons:

[Release].NET 4.0 TRUE addon xp2k3Vista7 x86
[Release]Onepiece WMP11 wupd. XP True Addon FINAL
[Addon] Internet Explorer 8 for 32-bit XP 1.5.16
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c End User Runtime June 2010 9.29.1962 (x86)

The following updates are not available as addons and cannot be integrated using the /integrate switch so they need to be installed from the svcpack folder after windows has been installed.

[Release] RootsUpd and RvkRoots, Updated
MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (Microsoft XML Core Services)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005-2008-2010 Redistributable Package Extended (x86x64)

Use the expand command to expand svcpack.in_ in the i386 folder to svcpack.ini using the following command;
F:\Windows XP Source\I386>expand svcpack.in_ svcpack.inf

Add the following entries to the [SetupHotfixesToRun] section:

VCR_Ext_x86_x64.exe /S (ensure that the /S is upper case)
msxml.msi /quiet /norestart
rootsupd.exe /q
rvkroots.exe /q

Save and compress with the makecab command, after having deleted the original svcpack.in_ file with this command:

F:\Windows XP Source\I386>makecab svcpack.ini

I think I built the ISO at this point, but it may have been built after the addons were integrated, in which case I would have used POwerISO or UltraISO to add files to the ISO.
Last edited by Zephyr on Sat May 26, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zephyr

My latest build

Post by Zephyr » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:31 am

This is my revised XP build with several modules removed because they are now included in the XPSP3 QFE Update Pack, and the XPSP3 QFE POSReady Addon.

WindowsXP-KB932716-v2-x86-ENU.exe (Image Mastering API v2.0 update) has been excluded because this is now included in XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_20161026.
IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe (Image Mastering API v2.0 update package in Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0) has been excluded because this is now included in XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_20161026.
MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 has been excluded because this is now included in XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_20161026
rvkroots.exe has been excluded because Windows Revoked Roots Certificates Update because this is now included in XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_20161026
rootsupd.exe has been excluded because Microsoft Root Certificates Update because this is now included in XPSP3_QFE_POSReady_Addon_20161213

Some experimental Addons have been included such as WinUSB and User Profile Hive Cleanup service.

After having copied the Window installation files to your hard drive (F:\Windows XP Source in my case), integrate the following updates by executing them using the /integrate switch:

Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0
Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.9. This is the file Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Install-v1.9-Win2k-WinXP-Win2k3.exe extracted from WdfCoinstaller01009.dll found in the Windows Driver Kit 7.1.0, and renamed to Windows6.0-KB970158-x86.exe.
Support for TLS 128-bit & 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cipher suites

Change directory to the directory where the hotfixes are stored and execute the following commands;

SmartCard_XP_x86.exe /Integrate:"F:\Windows XP Source"
Windows6.0-KB970158-x86.exe /Integrate:"F:\Windows XP Source"
WindowsXP-KB3055973-v3-x86-Embedded-ENU.exe /Integrate:"F:\Windows XP Source"

Alternatively use this batch file:

CLS
@echo off
ECHO.
ECHO Slipstreaming Windows Updates
ECHO Please wait...
FOR %%f IN (*.exe) DO "%%f" /Integrate:"F:\Windows XP Source"
ECHO.
ECHO Slipstreaming Completed!
ECHO.
pause
EXIT

Then integrate the following update packs separately with RVM Integrator version 1.6.1b2.1

XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3
[Addon] XPSP3 QFE POSReady Updates

Then integrate the following addons:

[Release].NET 4.0 TRUE addon xp2k3Vista7 x86
[Release]Onepiece WMP11 wupd. XP True Addon FINAL
[Addon] Internet Explorer 8 for 32-bit XP 1.5.16
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c End User Runtime June 2010 9.29.1962 (x86)

Here are some experimental addons you may like to try:

[Release] Printer UpdatePack and XPS Addon 1.2.0
[Release] Microsoft WinUsb 2.0 XP-SRV03 True AddOn
[Release] User Profile Hive Cleanup Svc 2.0.49.0 Addon v2.2

The following update is not available as an addon and cannot be integrated using the /integrate switch so it needs to be installed from the svcpack folder after windows has been installed.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005-2008-2010 Redistributable Package Extended (x86x64)

Use the expand command to expand svcpack.in_ in the i386 folder to svcpack.ini using the following command:
F:\Windows XP Source\I386>expand svcpack.in_ svcpack.inf

Add the following entries to the [SetupHotfixesToRun] section:

VCR_Ext.exe /S (ensure that the /S is upper case)

Save and compress with the makecab command, after having deleted the original svcpack.in_ file with this command:

F:\Windows XP Source\I386>makecab svcpack.ini

Open up DOSNET.inf in the i386 directory with Notepad and add the following text into the blank space you see in Notepad, (this can be put anywhere really):

[OptionalSrcDirs]
SVCPACK

Further information about deploying customized install CDs for XP can be found at the Unattended Windows site.
XP FOREVER!