Tablet PC SP3

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Destro

Tablet PC SP3

Post by Destro » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:14 pm

I have a way to add tablet PC to any XP install by running a script after install, It will Add tablet PC components like handwriting recognition, sPeach Recognition, TIP, windows Journel etc. Without installing Tablet PC. Basically the files are located in the service pack this just adds a way to install them. but I don't know the rules of such a thing or whether I can post it or not. It is kinda similar to what something like a media center add on would do but I think more grey than that.

bphlpt

Re: Tablet PC SP3

Post by bphlpt » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:21 am

From what you describe, that you utilize files from a SP that the user has obtained for themselves and a script that you provide, I don't see any problem for you posting such a procedure here at RyanVM. Actually, as long as you don't post a link to a complete ISO for a working MS OS, either original or enhanced, it might be OK. I would say go ahead and post, or at least post more details, such as the complete post and description but leave out any links, if you want to be absolutely safe.

Cheers and Regards

Destro

Re: Tablet PC SP3

Post by Destro » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Ok I will Explain the best I can. I dug this thing out of the Wayback Machine a long time ago. Since then I tested it for about 3 months and Have made some modifications to the procedure as I had issues. I didn't make this but no one will find this if they looked for it.

Caveats.
You cannot integrate Dot Net frameworks into your source with like Nlite. Otherwise the components that reley on .net 1.0 and 1.1 will bug out.

1. Do not install any other version of .net framework before attempting to Install this package.

2. Once XP is installed on your system follow these steps.

3. Install Journal Viewer (possibly not needed)

4. Install Tablet PC Recognizer pack English Version (again probably not needed) This is a english version Created by Amiriz, there is a full version that you should install if you are not using english it is a 80Mb download tho. Not included.

5.Install .net 1.0 Manually then reboot the computer. (located TABLET-SP3-FILES\I386\SVCPACK\NETFX1.MSI

6. After reboot run the Batch File, when it's completed reboot. (File name) Tablet PC for XP.bat

7. For Snipping Tool follow instructions in ETC Folder.

8. After everything is working you can proceed to install .net 3.5 and 4.0. If you also have MCE 2005 installed don't install 4.0

Copy of the batch file.

Code: Select all

@Echo off

Echo XP PRO2Tablet O.S. Conversion
Echo.
Echo If you have tried to install this system without
Echo proper guidelines being followed, you might lock
Echo yourself out of the conversion process.
PAUSE
Echo.
Copy $OEM$\$$\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Copy2Gac.exe %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
Echo.
cmd /C rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection TabletPC 128 $OEM$\$$\Inf\tabletpc.inf
Echo.
cmd /C rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection TPG 128 $OEM$\$$\Inf\tabletpc.inf
Echo.
cmd /C rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection System 128 $OEM$\$$\Inf\tabletpc.inf
Echo.
cmd /C rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection OOBE 128 $OEM$\$$\Inf\tabletpc.inf
Echo.
cmd /C rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection Notebook 128 $OEM$\$$\Inf\tabletpc.inf
Echo.
cmd /C rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection StickyNotes 128 $OEM$\$$\Inf\tabletpc.inf
Echo.
cmd /C rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection AllReg 128 $OEM$\$$\Inf\tabletpc.inf
Echo.
cmd /C rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection AllShortcuts 128 $OEM$\$$\Inf\tabletpc.inf
Echo.
cmd /C rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection SRInstall 128 $OEM$\$$\Inf\tabletpc.inf
Echo.
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Copy2gac.exe /i /a /p:"%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\1.7\"
Echo.
Echo Welcome To Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
Echo.
Echo Only thing left to do is restart...
Echo save all your work close open apps......
Echo.
Echo OR close this window to cancel shutdown.
Echo.
pause
shutdown -r -f -t 00
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4xzwo11f777znrp/TPC.7z