[Old] XUDPack v2.0.9 - 12/05/2007

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Xable

Post by Xable » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:51 pm

Sounds like you removed too much with nLite.. Only 2 dll`s were replaced in the 2.0.4a update, i`ve tested on a clean source with nLite and no removals or any other tweaking and haven`t got the error. You should do the same.

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:50 pm

Yeah, possible.

It might also be okay, as is. From what I gathered in the thread I posted a link to, I think as long as I don't install Office fully (which I don't), I should be fine just be hitting ESC to skip it.

OR
I could re-insert the file. But I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

Well... I'll play with it a bit, and give you the results.

KEEP U POSTED. :wink:

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:48 pm

Just tested PURELY the XUD... all files copied just fine!! :wink:

I didn't finish the installation. I'm going to add on my packs now, remove stuff w/nlite, then try it again. But from my experience, if you get up to the infamous "39 minutes", you're most likely good to go.

Hopefully, I'll get this done and post back by later tonight. (PST)

Thx, Xable!!

Aphoticom

Post by Aphoticom » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:31 am

Lookin' good Xable, keep it up! :)
Btw, I think you named your latest file .z instead of .7z?

JonathanTNeal
Design Guru

Post by JonathanTNeal » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:04 am

*rises from the dead* Xable, you wrote "teach me PHP". Maybe I can help with that.

Xable

Post by Xable » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:18 pm

Aphoticom, thanx not sure what you mean though, the file is a 7-zip archive and the extention is .7z

hehe aniperleo, learning php is one ambition of mine.. get on im if you can help i`d really appreciate that.

JonathanTNeal
Design Guru

Post by JonathanTNeal » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:59 pm

Xable, PM your IM my G :)

Xable

Post by Xable » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:56 pm

First release of 2007 :) 2.0.5 is up.

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:47 pm

Quick updates this month, guys!! Nice!

Will test your update pack later tonite, let you know if anything comes up.
Thx!! :wink:

irque

Post by irque » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:55 am

Thanks for update.....great update pack!!!!!!!

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Sat May 12, 2007 2:26 pm

Thx, Xable. :D

You're always the first of the 3 to post for the month!!

To be honest, I was expecting it Tuesday or Wednesday. From what I read on a coupla security forums, I can only imagine the headaches that the new updates posed for everyone.
:shock:

Kingskawn

Post by Kingskawn » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:57 am

Hi,

can I use the latest update pack with nlite to build my winxp OEM version?

It will be used on clients in production. For 1000 users in the first time. Are these official updates?

Thanks

Martin H

Post by Martin H » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:03 am

Yes, Xable's pack does only include official updates, and you can integrate it on a WinXP OEM disc with nLite just fine, but if your WinXP version dosen't allready include SP2, then you need to first slipstream SP2 onto your source with nLite before you integrate Xable's update pack. The pack includes nearly all High Priority updates and no optional or unofficial updates. The only High Priority updates that isn't included are two WMP9 fixes(as Xable uses WMP11 himself) and WGAN(traynag) and IE7. Please go to his site if you need any more info about the pack : http://udp.xable.net/

Xable

Post by Xable » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:56 am

Martin what you say is absolutely correct for the current pack, however the next one due out sometime today will have some changes.

Kingskawn the next pack will be nLite only, atm I just don`t have he time to do all the extra work needed to support the integrator. I advise you to wait untill this months pack is out later on and of course install it on a test rig before rolling it out on mass, like with anything test first roll out later.

Martin H

Post by Martin H » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:57 pm

@Xable

Thank you so much, mate ! This is just to good to be true! Once again, thank you so very much, Xable! I can't tell you how happy this news make me feel. Previously then your pack was awesome, but now it has surely reached the status of a godsend! Nothing else to say than YOU are the MAN, Xable!
I will be the happiest man on earth if i will be able to get an update pack with just :

All high priority updates
LegitCheckControl.dll
Microsoft Update Engine

Btw, on your site, then you also list "Windows Update Engine" as stuff that's needed to access Microsoft Update, but i can't see any "Windows Update Engine" on RyanVm's pack. Also i can't see "Windows Installer 3.1" in RyanVM's pack either. But if it is needed then it's of course fine, but if not, then i would appreciate if that would also be seperated(but of course it's up to you). It's just that i would preffer the bare minimum needed to access MS. Update and since i don't use Windows Update.

Again, many thank's Xable, you rock!

Martin H

Post by Martin H » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:21 pm

Sorry, i'm an idiot! After further investigation, then i can now see that RyanVM's pack also includes Windows Installer 3.1v2(i.e. KB893803v2), and additionally i have found out that it's also needed for Microsoft Update. I have also read up on the Package Installer, and can see that it's a good thing to have, since else the Package Installer would otherwise be downloaded manually on every update job. Finally i have found out that Microsoft Update also needs Windows Update Agent to work, and that MU is just a single additional dll(muweb.dll), so of course that needs to be included also. So please forgive me for my ignorant comments before, and i just wanted to say that i would really love and appreciate an update pack with :

All high priority updates
LegitCheckControl.dll
Windows Update Engine
Microsoft Update Engine
Windows Installer 3.1v2
Package Installer

Again, a thousand thank's from an extremely gratefull fan of your nice work.

CU, Martin.

Martin H

Post by Martin H » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:04 pm

Sorry for the many posts after eachother and this is the last one - i promise!

@Xable

I have a feature request for your pack :

Since Microsoft Update is an optional upgrade and since WinXP SP2 defaults to Windows Update, then i would really appreciate if you would make your pack to also default to Windows Update and then have Microsoft Update as an optional addon instead. I actually thought that Microsoft Update where the default, but then i just have tried a test install without an update pack and saw that Windows Update where actually the default, and this is the reason for my request. I also think that my request makes sence, when you think about that your pack is a light pack and dosen't include any optional updates, and as Microsoft Update is an optional upgrade of Windows update, then the Microsoft Update Engine is actually an optional update in your pack. Of course you decide what to do as it's your pack, but i just wanted to make this feature request to you. It's
just that i(and i'm sure many others to) use your pack as an alternative to having to download all the high priority updates and the few other needed tools that Windows Update needs, and that's why i'm not so happy about the things that isn't left "vanila" or so to say, like the evil Office Update Engine :lol: (:private joke).
Again, many thank's for splitting non-windows-update related stuff out of your pack, i very much appreciate it.

CU, Martin.

Edit: YES! I have just read the contents/changelog/addons pages on your site for v3.00 of your pack and i just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart! This is simply to good to be true! Again, a million thank's from an extremely greatfull XUDPack worshiper!

CU, Martin.

Xable

Post by Xable » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:55 pm

That certainly is to good to be true.

Anyway new version.