Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
jsp

Post by jsp » Tue May 18, 2010 5:16 am

Thanks for nonno fabio and newsposter to impart their valuable suggestions. I got fixes the problem now.
First I Integrate the OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v3.7.0_ENU.7z pack with RVM integrator and checked.
It works then itegrate drivers, tweeks,etc by nLite and checked work but no netfix all addons installed as T-23 takes less time comparatively.
At last I integrate extra addons and checked the problem again persist. So I remove some of Addons.Now installation is smooth
but Dotnet all version is abscent.
Please suggest how can I fix this Problem.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue May 18, 2010 9:05 am

Retry on a CLEAN (untouched) XP SP3 source and don't add tweaks with Nlite. If .Net is working after integration with RVMi, probably something added by Nlite breaks your installations.
Remember that .Net frameworks don't appear in Control Panel/addRemovePrograms.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

jsp

Post by jsp » Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 am

nonno fabio wrote:Retry on a CLEAN (untouched) XP SP3 source and don't add tweaks with Nlite. If .Net is working after integration with RVMi, probably something added by Nlite breaks your installations.
Remember that .Net frameworks don't appear in Control Panel/addRemovePrograms.
Thanks for prompt responce. I again trying with nLite witout tweeks. I have a last session.ini and I am using it for a long.Now it is time to change it. Thanks Again

mark strelecki

Post by mark strelecki » Tue May 18, 2010 5:25 pm

@jsp -

It was unclear from your messages whether you are running nLite multiple times on modified sources of XP, but you should definitely NOT do that.

I have used nLite hundreds of times over the past four years and I have found that if I run nLite more than once on a set of XP setup files, strange things happen and I don't get the correct results.

I AM doing several things with nLite, as you are, but I do them all in one pass, and I never RE-nLite files 'cuz that's what screws up stuff.

I have also found something called WinBuilder which is much more script oriented and able to create bootable PE-type environments (like UBCD4WIN) in XP, Vista and 7, which is great for cleaning infected systems or rescuing data from unbootable hard drives.

OK, I don't want to muddy the water, just reiterate the importance of using nLite ONLY ONCE on a set of Windows setup files.

Thank you, and best wishes from Atlanta, GA.

MARK STRELECKI

jsp

Post by jsp » Wed May 19, 2010 1:48 am

Thanks to MARK STRELECKI for Yous experience with nLite.With this pack I run it no. of times and same thing happen. I found only driver pack integratin should select no- tweek, no - removal addon should be select then the Dotnet all installed correctly.
Thanking you

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed May 19, 2010 2:38 am

Removal addons with Nlite?
If you mean Onepiece's remove addon, remember that they don't support Nlite but RVMi only and they must be integrated one by one.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

ar_seven_am

Post by ar_seven_am » Wed May 19, 2010 2:55 am

Nonno n onepiece, would u mind to add ur addon pack (such as netfx addons) for the x64 version? I had try so many times to make my own but seem I've failed, for the x86 version it's not so hard but x64 version :x :cry:
Life's short, dont waste ur time for war! PEACE IS NOW!

jsp

Post by jsp » Wed May 19, 2010 5:46 am

@nonno fabio when I select removal Component in nLite Netfx all not installed.
Then I make it without removal Component and Tweeks Selection and removed the folder DRW,COMPDATA,LANG etc manually The setup is running OK now with WMI,COM+ service and netfix all installation at T-23
Thanking you.

Vista

Post by Vista » Wed May 19, 2010 2:46 pm

is it possible to make "Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack vX.x.x" Custom Builder ?, because now Onepiece packs have everything and some people may want something while others may not,

so creating update packs for everyone's need is very difficult, so by creating a update pack builder. "nonno fabio" can release one version which his releasing now, and the custom builder will create custom packs for different users.

for example some people can not install .net4 on there old pcs, so they would create a update pack without one.

yes, you can say that "that's why he release the "Remove addons" to remove unwanted stuff". that is a great thing. but there is small problem in that way, first one has to integrate all the stuff which comes with the pack and then only remove them one by one. which sometimes brakes the windows xp cd. and very time consuming. (no matter how we do sometimes some addons breaks the windows xp cd and we have to make all over again).

so by creating a "Onepiece update pack custom builder" we can first remove all unwanted stuff from the update pack and then integrate the custom update pack into windows xp, which would be error free, faster, save space and time.

i'm very sorry if i have said something wrong. just my idea. dont say to make my own one because it's :nonno fabio" stuff and i dont have right to edit his stuff and i dont have the knowledge.

PS: dont talk about using other update packs, because first of all why are you using Onepiece packs ? because it's the best and on-time pack available and for other reasons.

Thank you,
Vista

one7

Post by one7 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:38 pm

I tried this pack for my latest install (in the past I've used User_Hidden's.)

Unfortunately, it turned up an old problem. Some MS updates are known to break some MSI installers. In my case, it's Windows Live Essentials Photo Gallery that refuses to install--though others have been reported as well. This is what happens:
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2201 ... lerror.jpg

One culprit that I know of is KB981669, though at least one earlier update does the same thing (all documented in User_Hidden's thread.) He corrected the problem by rolling back to an earlier update. See the discussion here (also several pages earlier in the same thread):
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=750

This is a terrific pack, NonnoFabio/OnePiece, and I was really looking forward to using it this time... but unfortunately this issue is a deal-breaker. I'm reformatting some family PCs, and everyone uses the WindowsLive Photo Gallery a lot, and there seems to be no possible way to install it after using this pack as is. Off to build another install disk... :(

It would be nice if MS could pull their heads out and issue compatible updates, but until then... I hope you can implement a workaround. Thanks.

Vista

Post by Vista » Wed May 19, 2010 5:50 pm

@one7, there is a solution to your problem in the 39th page of this topic and it works. try it out and let us know.

one7

Post by one7 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Vista wrote:@one7, there is a solution to your problem in the 39th page of this topic and it works. try it out and let us know.
Crap, sorry I missed it. Off to read now.

edit: My apologies, I skimmed the thread and somehow completely missed NonnoFabio's post with the workaround--I feel like an idiot having missed that huge quoteblock with the code.

I'm downlloading the full WL installer now, and will try this approach as soon as I have the file.

Thanks for setting me straight, Vista.

one7

Post by one7 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Vista wrote:@one7, there is a solution to your problem in the 39th page of this topic and it works. try it out and let us know.
Unfortunately, I got the same error using the downloaded hotfix and .cmd file. I'll reboot and give it another shot, for good measure.

edit:Yeah, tried it again, and nada. Same exact error.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 pm

The installer you pointed out before will work on a system updated with OnePiece's update pack, one7. The addon needs the following change to work with the latest OnePiece pack.

Change the following in entries_KB967756_Rollback.ini...

Code: Select all

[ExtraFileEdits] ;RVMi and nLite code
[color=white]qfeUpPck.inf|KB981669,||1[/color]
...to this...

[color=white]OPMWXPUP.inf|KB981669.AddReg, ||1[/color]
The changes made by the installer and the addon are permanent compared to nonno fabio's solution.

one7

Post by one7 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:49 pm

5eraph wrote:The installer you pointed out before will work on a system updated with OnePiece's update pack, one7. The addon needs the following change to work with the latest OnePiece pack.

Change the following in entries_KB967756_Rollback.ini...

[color=white]qfeUpPck.inf|KB981669,||1[/color]
...to this...

The changes made by the installer and the addon are permanent compared to nonno fabio's solution.
Thanks for your continued help, 5eraph. Glad I checked back here--I will give that a shot.

As for Nonno Fabio's fix... Not that I doubt Nonno Fabio, he and OnePiece clearly know their stuff, but not only did this fix not work for me, but.... I kept playing around after attempting it. It seems to have completely broken the ability to install *anything.* I tried installing my Paragaon Drive Backup to quickly get to a working image to build another installation disk with UH's pack, and the process stopped and threw up an error. Tried another program... error. ATI video driver... error. I can't find an installer that works after going trying to apply the posted "fix."

Perhaps it's just me, but this is a totally clean install--just OnePiece's pack with .NET4.0 removed and a few small utilities (Kel's CPL and Uberpack, Firefox, ImgBurn, Ccleaner, and that's about it.)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri May 21, 2010 2:39 am

Vista wrote:is it possible to make "Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack vX.x.x" Custom Builder ?, because now Onepiece packs have everything and some people may want something while others may not,

so creating update packs for everyone's need is very difficult, so by creating a update pack builder. "nonno fabio" can release one version which his releasing now, and the custom builder will create custom packs for different users.

for example some people can not install .net4 on there old pcs, so they would create a update pack without one.

yes, you can say that "that's why he release the "Remove addons" to remove unwanted stuff". that is a great thing. but there is small problem in that way, first one has to integrate all the stuff which comes with the pack and then only remove them one by one. which sometimes brakes the windows xp cd. and very time consuming. (no matter how we do sometimes some addons breaks the windows xp cd and we have to make all over again).

so by creating a "Onepiece update pack custom builder" we can first remove all unwanted stuff from the update pack and then integrate the custom update pack into windows xp, which would be error free, faster, save space and time.

i'm very sorry if i have said something wrong. just my idea. dont say to make my own one because it's :nonno fabio" stuff and i dont have right to edit his stuff and i dont have the knowledge.

PS: dont talk about using other update packs, because first of all why are you using Onepiece packs ? because it's the best and on-time pack available and for other reasons.

Thank you,
Vista
Onepiece is working on an autoit project that probably will fit your needs but this is not at first place in his to-do list...

BrokenZerØ

Post by BrokenZerØ » Sat May 22, 2010 6:26 am

Yeahr, I can not believe it ...
You have my desire for a "OnePiece. NET AIO Addon" really satisfied and it added to the AIO.
So the whole package is really exellent work, thanks and congratulations. :D

I have another one improvement suggestion.
Perhaps as a little challenge for you all. :wink:

What do you think about the integration of DRIVER for AIO as:

http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks/wind ... orage/9.01

Okay, I know, the integration would be better done with BASE.
And it would be safe to realiser quite complicated, I think.
But if it does, why not?

Cheers,
Black-Shaddy

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:29 am

new release (see changelog)

jsp

Post by jsp » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks nonno fabio once again.

cosy

Post by cosy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:56 am

Thank you for all your great work-appreciated.

/Edit complaint was irrelevant
Last edited by cosy on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:10 pm

There is no adobe installer inside the pack: updated Flash Player is already present in "true mode".
I guess it has been integrated a second time using a svcpack addon (with an old -s switch, no more supported by new Adobe installer). But it's not pack related...

cosy

Post by cosy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:18 pm

ok, thank you for the info

buttwipe

Post by buttwipe » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:36 pm

jsp wrote:Thanks nonno fabio once again.
Agreed! Awesome work! THank you!

SibTiger

Post by SibTiger » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Thank you for the new release!!! :D :D :D

ccuappz

Torrent for onepiece

Post by ccuappz » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:22 pm

May I have a request please,

Is it possible to create a torrent for this great pack? (maybe an open or password protected torrent for the forum users)
It would be cool for users like me with crappy net connections, I downloaded 3 times this pack and I had disconnection and file crc error. One could import broken file to it, resume and got it fixed easily.

Thanks

TheMAN

Post by TheMAN » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:05 pm

try using a download manager that allows you to resume the download when it fails

krick

Post by krick » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:41 pm

I've made an ISO in the past by integrating the Onepiece Update Pack with the RVM integrator, then removed BitLocker and Windows Search, also with RVM integrator.

Once that was done, I fired up nlite to tweak the installation and burn the ISO.

Simple enough.

Now, I want to integrate textmode SATA drivers and I'm not sure when to do it and which tool to do it with.

I usually add the complete driverpacks collection to my image as well before burning the ISO, but since the SATA drivers need to be loaded at the beginning of the install, this doesn't eliminate the need to integrate the textmode drivers.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:45 am

krick wrote:Can someone point me in the right direction?
Integrate DriverPacks at the very end of integration/tweaking process via BTS DriverPack BASE, then integrate some simple addon like Microsoft Runtime Libraries 1.4.8 (32-bit) with RVMi & checked Optimize System files, then integrate ENU_user SpeedUp post DPMS addon with RVMi & unckecked Optimize System files.

TheMAN

Post by TheMAN » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:05 pm

nonno, I just remembered what is REALLY missing in this awesome addon pack... the cleartype thingy! there's many features already included in your pack, but not cleartype... it would be nice to see the inclusion of it :)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:33 am

Cleartype powertoy is really nice but the pack is already enough big and Onepiece choosed to add WindowsUpdate suggested stuff only, and Powertoys are not.

See if this can help you: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php? ... addon-ita/. It's in italian but powertoys are english only.

TheMAN

Post by TheMAN » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:01 pm

nonno fabio wrote:Cleartype powertoy is really nice but the pack is already enough big and Onepiece choosed to add WindowsUpdate suggested stuff only, and Powertoys are not.

See if this can help you: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php? ... addon-ita/. It's in italian but powertoys are english only.
ok, but I don't see this as much of a "powertoy" as tweakui is... I just see it as something that allows cleartype to be enabled (disabled by default) and is practical to easily be done so because half the computers today uses LCD monitors... I know that I can integrate this addon pack then a cleartype addon pack, but it's preferable to have it "all in one" ;) I consider this as "feature enhancing" as having IE8, WMP11, silverlight, and WDS4.0 in the addon pack which is the closest thing we'll ever get from having an sp4... just things to modernize XP closer to what vista brings :)

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Time spent arguing with developers could be time spent learning to DIY.
Last edited by newsposter on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:33 pm

wrong topic

TheMAN

Post by TheMAN » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:58 pm

excuse me?

Cipherfx2

Post by Cipherfx2 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Does the "msi" issue has been resolved on Update 3.8.0?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:55 am

There's no msi issues in the pack.
There's an incompatibility of new msi installer official update only with a single app of Windows Live suite, Photogallery, but Microsoft hasn't fixed it yet (I guess).

If you need Photo Gallery you must revert to the (very) old KB967756 update using a workaround like this

strotee

Post by strotee » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Sadly, I've been having issues with the pack (several versions already and including 3.8.0) with MSI installers. I don't have any screenshots available since the host OS I'm running now is just XP SP3 (with manually ran Windows Update), but I could throw it together in VirtualBox if you wish.

I was trying to install Diskeeper 2010 when an error occurred (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346).

Cipherfx2

Post by Cipherfx2 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Can you make switchless installer for KB967756 update regarding MSI Issue?

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:50 pm

This addon is based on the solution that 5eraph provided for those that used my Updatepack a few versions back.
I have just edited it for use with Onepiece's updatepack versions 3.6.2, 3.7.0 and 3.8.0 since those are the ones with KB981669.
I have not tested it so let everyone know if it works for you guys and your MSI issues get solved.

Integrate this addon in the same session or after integrating the Onepiece Updatepack.

Link: 5er_KB967756RollBack_OPUP_Addon_v2010-06.7z
CRC-32: 2fd72fdb
MD4: 3196b553fcf5964e3587c8df3f0452d7
MD5: 2257f2f940d8612252918ac509c8b18b
SHA-1: d1fc6f6de5585408771791f79fb1451397ededbd
Date: 20100617
Size: 0.99 MB

edit: updated 6/18/2010
Last edited by user_hidden on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 pm

A good effort, user_hidden. :)

But two corrections are needed in the INI. Change this...

[color=white]|KB981669.AddReg,||1[/color]
...to this...

And this...

[obsolete] ;RVMi specific code
KB972397-v2
KB978620
KB979302
...to this...

[obsolete] ;RVMi specific code
KB972397-v2
KB978620
KB979302
[color=white]KB981669[/color]

TheMAN

Post by TheMAN » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:37 am

I never spent the time to figure it out (because I don't really care to)... I tried installing roxio creator de 9.0 (stripped down dell version) on XP home install based on the 3.7 pack and it failed to install (it would roll back and abort the installation, saying something interrupted the install)... perhaps this is related to the same MSI issue with the live photogallery crap... like I said, I didn't care to figure it out as I hate roxio anyway but was reinstalling it onto a system that had it... so I just installed imgburn instead and let the system go :)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:43 am

strotee wrote:Sadly, I've been having issues with the pack (several versions already and including 3.8.0) with MSI installers. I don't have any screenshots available since the host OS I'm running now is just XP SP3 (with manually ran Windows Update), but I could throw it together in VirtualBox if you wish.

I was trying to install Diskeeper 2010 when an error occurred (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346).
I guess this has nothing to do with Msi update but seems a windows installer not correctly installed.
You should retry an integration on an untouched XP SP3 source using RVMi with updatepack only, then test it in Virtualbox

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:55 am

5eraph wrote:A good effort, user_hidden. :)

But two corrections are needed in the INI. Change this...

it was late last night :oops:

post was updated......

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 am

thanks anyway :wink:

strotee

Post by strotee » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:44 am

I took your advice and tried using the RVM Integrator (I just downloaded the 1.6 final version today). I previously had been using nLite 1.4.9.1 to add the pack to my XP source files (which is straight from MSDN's site - en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_vl_x14-73974.iso). The only thing I changed in the ISO was I added my custom WINNT.SIF file.

Everything went smooth for the integration in RVM. Once done, I fired up nLite to integrate a few addons (Firefox, Quicktime, CCleaner, Java, WinRAR, etc) and once that was finished I integrated Driverpacks (added 5 packs, chipset, CPU, LAN, MassStorage, Sound A). After all that I finally fired up VirtualBox and installed it just like I've done every other installation ISO.

Once done, I tried to install Diskeeper 2010 and, sadly, after all that work, it still failed. I attached screenshots:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8761/29319548.jpg

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9176/73933282.jpg

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6627/77631853.jpg

I really appreciate you looking into it. I so badly want to use this pack but without being able to install Diskeeper, I just don't feel confident other things won't fail as well.

Keep up the good work.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:23 am

Diskeeper 2010 wrote:Windows Installer service could not be accessed.
This is the same error message that JungleDisk gives under XP x64 when a bad MSI update is installed. nonno fabio's workaround should work for you, strotee, with some modification to replace the Photogallery installer command with Diskeeper's.

The addon user_hidden posted will replace the troublesome files in your source if you'd like to reinstall Windows. If not and you'd rather replace the files permanently in your Windows installation, then you can try my rollback installer.

KB983280 was released by Microsoft to specifically address this issue for Windows Server 2003 x86/x64 and Windows XP x64. The next update for MSI files in Windows XP x86 should also inherit this fix, whenever it is released.

strotee

Post by strotee » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Well it's with great pleasure that I report that 5eraph's fix worked. I integrated the fix into a clean SP3 source with 3.8.0 and Diskeeper now installs fine. Is this something I'll need to do from now on or will newer packs include this fix?

Thanks again.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Whenever Microsoft releases a KB983280 for XP it will included for sure.

A msi repair addon was already posted here about one year ago (http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96168#96168 ) but the request-only update removed didn't work for anyone.

This time the issue has been reported only by 2-3 users and for 2 bad msi installers only, so I think that the pack won't permanently revert to the oldie KB967756

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks for this latest update!
Gigabyte case GZ-FA2CA-AJB
Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P with Realtek High Definition Audio
HIS Radeon HD 4850 512MB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz
Corsair 4GB DDR2-6400 4-4-4-12
4x1TB SATA RAID 0+1/2x640GB SATA RAID 0/Misc. PATA
Windows 7 x64

TheMAN

Post by TheMAN » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:45 am

nonno fabio wrote:
strotee wrote:Sadly, I've been having issues with the pack (several versions already and including 3.8.0) with MSI installers. I don't have any screenshots available since the host OS I'm running now is just XP SP3 (with manually ran Windows Update), but I could throw it together in VirtualBox if you wish.

I guess this has nothing to do with Msi update but seems a windows installer not correctly installed.
You should retry an integration on an untouched XP SP3 source using RVMi with updatepack only, then test it in Virtualbox
not sure if this will help him... but during my "beta tests" of the Japanese "onepiece" update pack I was making, I had that same issue.... it turns out that some of the MSI files didn't get copied over and a catalog mismatch resulted, causing MSI to freak out