Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
djkc

Post by djkc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:06 am

I spent quite a while on this before. The failing to install is because it thinks it's already installed, but there is one subcomponent that isn't. If I remember right you can extract the rollup, do just that one hotfix, and then it'll disappear.

The more complete fix I eventually hit upon was to give up on using the MCE disc, make an XP Pro sp3 disc with updates like normal, and then integrate in one of the Pro->MCE addons. Sadly that works a lot better and gives you a more functional install than trying to update your actual MCE disc. ricktendo64's addon is the one I used, http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php? ... ct-3-2009/
Dyslexic60 wrote:I've been trying to get my MCE 2005 disc updated. But no matter what source I start with SP2 OEM (with TechNet SP3 Slipstream) or Dell MCE 2005 with Rollup 2 (and TechNet Slipstream) Rollup 2 show up in Windows Update and fails to install.

snip

Maybe this is a know issue but I couldn't find mention of it in this thread or elsewhere on the forum. Feel free to point me. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

sarmican

Post by sarmican » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 am

:( Sorry, the problem was not resolved. I tried 5 different XP installation CD but all gave the same result. I cannot already play AVIs and MPEGs. But it's noticeable to say that I perform slipstream and integrating the update pack in Windows Vista. I used no add-on or unattended and used RVMi 1.6 and beta release. Can you release your update pack as a live installation something like service pack setup package and even integrate other runtimes like VC runtimes, VB and JRE? This is a good idea :idea:

Chris212

Post by Chris212 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:57 am

Hello nono,
First of all, thanks for your job maintaining updated this pack ! Very very useful to the company i'm working for ! :-)

Anyway i would like to know if IE 8 is the MUI version or the english one in AIO ? Because employees here are speaking 3 languages (french, german and english) and i need to have IE8 MUI. What can i do if it is not ?

Thanks in advance for your answer !

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 am

Chris212 wrote:if IE 8 is the MUI version or the english one in AIO ?
This is english one IE8, there are no MUI version of IE8 at all. Your Windows XP must contain appropriate language of main MUI, then MUI Pack for IE8 must be installed.
Language of IE8 MUI switches synchronously with the main MUI lang.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:00 pm

nonno fabio wrote:
shon3i wrote:I put on my winnt.sif

[Data]
Autopartition=0
MsDosInitiated=0
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[UserData]
ProductKey="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

[Components]
WDSearch = off

but windows desktop search is installed :) This is normaly worked with previous version of update pack.

Any soulution?

Thanks
If the default winnt.sif settings don't work for you, extract opmwxpup.inf file from updatepack and add a semicolon before "wdsearc"h in [optional components] section:

Code: Select all

[Optional Components]
    ;WDSearch
Can i do something on already splitstimed disc? Remove addon?

btw why winnt.sif removing not working? it's worked with previous version of update pack.

armond

Post by armond » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Why not try the Windows Search remover addon? shon3i. :?:
It will completely remove Windows Search and also saves you some disk space, if you're using CD to i nstall Windows.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:36 pm

@armond, i use it, worked like charm, thanks ;)

Dyslexic60

Post by Dyslexic60 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:46 pm

djkc wrote:I spent quite a while on this before. The failing to install is because it thinks it's already installed, but there is one subcomponent that isn't. If I remember right you can extract the rollup, do just that one hotfix, and then it'll disappear.

The more complete fix I eventually hit upon was to give up on using the MCE disc, make an XP Pro sp3 disc with updates like normal, and then integrate in one of the Pro->MCE addons. Sadly that works a lot better and gives you a more functional install than trying to update your actual MCE disc. ricktendo64's addon is the one I used, http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php? ... ct-3-2009/
Dyslexic60 wrote:I've been trying to get my MCE 2005 disc updated. But no matter what source I start with SP2 OEM (with TechNet SP3 Slipstream) or Dell MCE 2005 with Rollup 2 (and TechNet Slipstream) Rollup 2 show up in Windows Update and fails to install.

snip

Maybe this is a know issue but I couldn't find mention of it in this thread or elsewhere on the forum. Feel free to point me. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Well I have seen and considered those addons but would like to keep it as close to "right" as possible as I use these discs for customers and don't want them to have issues if they ever have to activate windows in the future and have an MCE code that Pro won't take? I know MCE is "pro" but it isn't... Not sure how that goes. I will tinker a bit more I suppose. Thanks for the only response.

Batfink

Post by Batfink » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:59 am

yumeyao wrote:I can confirm that nLite is buggy with latest versions of your pack. I detected this bug because I made an XPS printer(KB971276) addon and I didn't get it working with nlite, so I took a look at yours, finding that you are using [UpdateCabs]. I tried using it in my addon but it didn't work. Then I found that sp3.cab DID get updated, but DID get overwritten by nLite's driver cabs updating routine, hence added files were not archived in sp3.cab finally. I have also done a test with your pack, with same result. So that's why people reporting their windows setup breaks, as some files can't get copied by your main inf.
Ya, I've had problems since 4.0.1..Things like i turn System Restore off in Nlite and its still on when windows finishes installing, or in the tweaks section of Nlite i turn off Menu animations and window animations and they are still on in windows..These all worked fine for me up to 3.9.0. I also execute a REG file with more tweaks using runonceEx.cmd and since 4.0.1 for some reason only some of the reg tweaks apply the first time around..I have to reboot the machine, run the reg file again and then reboot to get all the reg tweaks active. However i have tried 4.0.1 onwards in Nlite with nothing else added and plenty of the things i've told Nlite to do just didnt apply..But plenty do as well..its strange..I would expect it to work or not work..not sort of work

cosy

Post by cosy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:29 am

@Batfink
since April 2010--i.e. when you joined..congratulations to your first post..

Batfink

Post by Batfink » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:55 am

Fine, i deserved that :)..I'm not a big participator...i refuse to have a Facebook page

master2

Post by master2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:12 am

Hi nonno fabio, your update pack is super. can you add the sata driver to your pack cause some older laptop cannot format & install windows... ????

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:56 am

master2 wrote:add the sata driver to your pack cause some older laptop cannot format & install windows... ????
Use DriverPack BASE instead.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:26 am

master2 wrote:Hi nonno fabio, your update pack is super. can you add the sata driver to your pack cause some older laptop cannot format & install windows... ????
WAIT??? You want him to add Thousands of drivers to his pack???

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:02 pm

master2 wrote:Hi nonno fabio, your update pack is super. can you add the sata driver to your pack cause some older laptop cannot format & install windows... ????
WTF .... like yeah.....

in that case can i have mouse , chipset, graphics, sound, printer, modem, ect drivers as well ???

PS: The Update pack does not change anything in the way you load windows.......something wrong with the F6 key maybe ???? .... no stiffy?...well then look at driver packs :shock:

sarmican

Post by sarmican » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:
WAIT??? You want him to add Thousands of drivers to his pack???
No it's not necessary to add Thousands of drivers to his pack. you must know the chip-set of your laptop at first. if you don't know that go to device manager and open System Devices sub directory and find your chip-set family for example ICH7, ICH8, ICH9 or ICH10 families or even AMD chip-sets. It depends on your CPU manufacturer. download your chip-set driver from CPU or chip-set or your device manufacturer official websites or others appropriate to your OS. The driver is compressed as a zip file. Extract the zip file to a folder. Open nlite and integrate the driver into your Windows XP installation CD. Remember to select text mode when collecting driver files. When you integrated ICH9 family chip-set driver into your installation source for example, now you can install your CD on all computers and laptops with ICH9 family chip-set. So if he add SATA drivers to his pack it maybe increases the size only 1 megabyte maximum because the size of drivers is low.
for Intel chip-sets follow the below link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default ... ownloadctr
:shock:

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:05 am

We ALL are VERY familiar with SATA drivers and their ins and outs, thank you very much.

Even if he added ALL of the drivers for SATA it would only grow by a handfull of megs!

What was requested however is pretty innane knowing that there are several thousand SATA chipsets out there and he is reqeusting them to be added.

This pack is about adding Updates to the OS disk not about adding drivers. Onepieces is not going to re-invent the wheel by adding sata drivers to the pack when the driver pack works awesomely for just this scenario!

EDIT = After further resaerch I have found that PRETTY MUCH all SATA drivers are still needed. The folks over at driverpacks have them all added and I am PRETTY sure they know what they are doing as they have been at it for years and are the experts on it.

SO? What does that mean?

Theroretically the SATA drivers would only add less then 10 megs to the update pack.

HOWEVER, this is over 940 files ALOT of which cannot exist in the same dir due to the file names being the same. (See thats over 140 folders.)

And before you reiterate that there are only a couple of needed brands out there you really need them ALL if you are going to add any to a universal pack like this. I am aware they use only 2+ major brand chipsets but THEY all have different HWIDs and some of them refuse to use the standard drivers.

Now considering no-one PAYS onepiece then I think asking for such a thing is WAYY beyond the realm of being a contributing member of the forum. It is akin of asking for both the slice and the whole pie!

Granted there is currently being developed a universal SATA driver That would saolve all of this it is still in beta...

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:29 am

& when SATA drivers added to distrib 1st text-phase boot time is growing alot...

sarmican

Post by sarmican » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:29 am

Thank you all.

cosy

Post by cosy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:23 am

BTW is there any updates this month from Bill?
A nice weekend

jdub

Post by jdub » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:28 am

Wondering about updates to this pack.

Also: every once in awhile it might be a good idea to make a new thread. Little easier to track down issues and find out whats most current with the project that way. Boo to 40 page threads.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:59 am

maybe October release will skip... too much work to do :(
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

davidj

Post by davidj » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am

:cry:

cosy

Post by cosy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:22 pm

nonno fabio wrote:maybe October release will skip... too much work to do :(
np, a nice day and all the best in whatever you are doing.
There is always a better life than this "bill things"

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:28 pm

I mean, too much work to do... with Bill's things ;) Onepiece is working hard on Windows 7 DXI integrator
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

phox

Post by phox » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:00 am

Could you please update OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_v2.2.0_AddOn_ENU.7z and OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v3.5.30729.196.2_True_AddOn_ENU.cab I need to bulid new XPPro.iso in combination with XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_1.4.4_20101012.7z?!

Thank you.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:17 am

Please see the post RIGHT above yours,
nonno fabio wrote:I mean, too much work to do... with Bill's things Onepiece is working hard on Windows 7 DXI integrator
Cheers and Regards

cactus

Post by cactus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:23 pm

looking good! I still come back sometimes to get the new version to put it in my MSDN SP3 with driverpacks. This is the only integration I can find for XP that isn't partial or loaded with 3rd party software.

EDIT:KB2418241 fails with sp3 RFM and 4.1.0..through windows update. The following 2 keep showing up even after successfully installing.

kb2416473
kb2416472

Vista

Post by Vista » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:29 am

looks like Onepiece has update the updatepacks and addons at the "you know where"

the addons seems to be final. (IE8, WMP11)
but AIO updatepacks seems to be beta (XP,2003)

sorry if post about this is wrong.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:35 am

Vista wrote: the addons seems to be final. (IE8, WMP11)
After next Patch Tuesday all will be officially released.

Addons are already final if MS won't update them (maybe IE8 won't last out...)

In the meantime, I hope they could help you

cactus

Post by cactus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Vista wrote:looks like Onepiece has update the updatepacks and addons at the "you know where"

the addons seems to be final. (IE8, WMP11)

sorry if post about this is wrong.
It's correct. The index I once linked to is where all their newest stuff shows up first, and 4.2.0 ITA and ENU is there.

I'll probably just go with virtual PC in the future and make a final ISO off this one. It's crazy keeping up with the updates, and none of the tools I use XP for use them anyway. Games also benefit from a discreet kernel fix for multi core processors in 7 that has never been implemented in XP.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/windows-g ... 30985.html

Just thought I'd show it, to demonstrate why migrating is a good thing.

Vista

Post by Vista » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:48 am

@nonno fabio, is the following hotfix included in windows search 4 addon ?? , because i get it in windows update after using your addon.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/securi ... 9-023.mspx

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:37 am

Vista wrote:@nonno fabio, is the following hotfix included in windows search 4 addon ?? , because i get it in windows update after using your addon.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/securi ... 9-023.mspx
Yes, it does since June 2009 as you can read in the changelog:
2.5.0-090611: added ..., KB963093, ...
Probably something went wrong in your integration.

Vista

Post by Vista » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:24 am

i have a small question, whether to integrate addons one by one or all at once,
onepeice said one by one, i think,
bphlpt said all at once,

so what should i do ??

Dyslexic60

Post by Dyslexic60 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Sadly I don't think I ever stopped to just say thanks to Onepiece and nonno before so...

Thanks you guys for all you do for the community.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:27 pm

@Vista: RVMi's one-by-one addon integration (Nlite doesn't love at all multiple runs on same source) is needed only when you get some errors during and after Windows setup and you want to isolate its origin.

@Dyslexic60: thanks

cosy

Post by cosy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:02 am

thank you as usual your work is wonderful and second to none: nevertheless I have a problem and I really don't know whether or not this has to do with this 4.2 but never had such a problem with the previous releases before. I have done all my integrations as I always do and then trimmed the CD- same procedure every time- but then after all this I get "the file viaide.sys is corrupted" All this is not on a media CD, but on VM
can some one come to my help please?
Thank you

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:35 am

Verify updatepack's MD5 hash. Anyway viaide.sys file is not touched by Onepiece's updatepack so I've no other ideas

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:07 pm

"viaide.sys" Sounds like a sata driver to me...

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:11 pm

actually viaide.sys is a file in i386 on the windows CD.
Generic PCI IDE Bus Driver.

File: viaide.sys
CRC-32: 72f3b3e5
MD4: 6cedd19076a020748945c8ff22914dc7
MD5: 3b3efcda263b8ac14fdf9cbdd0791b2e
SHA-1: beab75667da69c7e20c862325be1c96f94fb3d2a

perhaps your source you are using has some corruption.
rerip your original source cd to your HDD and start again.

cosy

Post by cosy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:30 pm

I think I have to choice but to ask some experts here about this:- now and then I experience freezing of the mouse. this takes about 5.7min and then all is again OK. does some else get this too? or what actually causes this to happen ( running win xp Professional sp3 with Onepiece's EN-US Windows XP Post-SP3 All-in-One Update Pack)
Thank you for any responses.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Is this during setup?

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:03 pm

the mouse freeze -> when does it happen ?
what type of mouse....usb, ps2, serial ?
windows default driver of manufacturer?

cosy

Post by cosy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:13 am

This seems to happen when I open about 2 or 3or more Programs when one of them is firefox (my standard browser). I have tried as well as USB as ps2 Mouse giving same results. (USB Microsoft optical , and wireless intellimouse)
@Kelsenellenelvian no, all is fine during the setup.

the PC has about 3GB RAM and works normally flawless.
Thank you

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:55 pm

I really don't belive it is an issue with this pack m8.

I would say it is either a drive or ram issue (I have experienced the same kinda thing)

When I got it it was my drive controller on the motherbaord was going bad.

sathanas65

Post by sathanas65 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:29 am

Can anyone tell me how to integrate KB900325 into MCE2005? I have not been able to integrate, though it will install okay. After integrating just kb900325, extracted from the larger update rollup download by the same number, I get this:

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:47 am

You must integrate only KB900325.exe file (and its .cat file): after unpacking the full Update Rollup you find it in \bin\KB900325\

You can find Onepiece's italian guide with a few screenshots here: http://www.eng2ita.net/forum/index.php/ ... l#msg50503. Hope this can help you

If you've already done this, maybe your XP MCE2005 SP2 source is not untouched. The correct way is integrating SP3 on a clean XP MCE2005 SP2 source using Onepiece's Universal Addon Creator. Then add XP post-SP3 AIO updatepack using RVMi and test the resulting iso on a VM. If it's all OK, you can add specific MCE hotfixes in your updated source

sathanas65

Post by sathanas65 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:11 am

Well, here is the update: I had integrated SP3 manually using the method found here--->http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... bc995105c8

I then used the barebones Post SP3 addon pack found here---->http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... t=post+sp3

I then added DNF1.1 and WMP10. At this point I was unable to integrate KB900325 that was pulled out of the larger rollup pack's bin folder along with .cat file. I was, however, fully able to install the complete rollup KB900325 from WUD.

I started from scratch, btw, using a source that was extracted from the original hologram disks. This time, I used the Onepiece Universal Addon creator to integrate SP3 and the Onepiece post SP3 addon pack. I was then unable to integrate KB900325 AND installation from WUD failed also.

I believe that WMP11 must not be installed before KB900325. Is there a way to remove WMP11 from the addon pack?

If not, I will attempt to use the barebones addon pack again.

I do know I am using the correct method for integration, since I was able to successfully integrate the 2 DNF1.0 SP3 security updates for MCE in the same manner.

Thanks.

George King

Post by George King » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:50 am

If you want fully updated Media Center 2005, try to integrate this. Its based on [AddOn] Media Center 2005 (English)

Code: Select all

http://hotfile.com/dl/85504062/cf064f7/Ricks_MCE05_en_updated.7z.html
I only removed unneeded files. I´m not sure if it will work, just try it ;-)

sathanas65

Post by sathanas65 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:52 am

Thanks, I did try that one, but it is heavily modded and Windows shows activated when it isn't in system properties. I need something legit without mods for customer installs, as I am a PC tech.

UPDATE: I used the barebones update pack this time, which leaves me with WMP 9 from SP3 integration. I then integrated WMP10 and DNF1.1. KB900325 will not integrate. In setuperr.log I get

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\setup\medctroc.dll] is not signed properly
by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.
Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

I am now able to install KB900325 by WUD, so I do believe WMP11 was a problem, since with it installed, the KB900325 WUD install failed.

I will now attempt to replace medctroc.dll with the original file and see if that solves the problem. Any suggestions would be welcome.