Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
maxtorix
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by maxtorix » Sun May 25, 2014 12:11 pm

@OnePiece Alb: What you think can be this updates also included in next version of Post-SP3 update pack, or is more appropriate from now on they to be collected in other update pack - I think as official forum release - not as other user made one.

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun May 25, 2014 12:22 pm

maxtorix wrote:@OnePiece Alb: What you think can be this updates also included in next version of Post-SP3 update pack, or is more appropriate from now on they to be collected in other update pack - I think as official forum release - not as other user made one.
nonno fabio wrote:Since the beginning Onepiece has chosen to add only updates intended to be applied to XP, according to Microsoft update.inf files. There are no modified hotfixes in Onepiece's UpdatePacks and there will never be.
who wants to use unofficial things can add it proceeding as explained in the above post

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
maxtorix
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by maxtorix » Sun May 25, 2014 12:59 pm

nonno fabio wrote:Since the beginning Onepiece has chosen to add only updates intended to be applied to XP, according to Microsoft update.inf files. There are no modified hotfixes in Onepiece's UpdatePacks and there will never be.
Ok. But I think so because POSReady 2009 is kernel derivate of XP, with completlly same major, minor / sp build numbers.
Image[/img]

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun May 25, 2014 1:01 pm

maxtorix wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:Since the beginning Onepiece has chosen to add only updates intended to be applied to XP, according to Microsoft update.inf files. There are no modified hotfixes in Onepiece's UpdatePacks and there will never be.
Ok. But I think so because POSReady 2009 is kernel derivate of XP, with completlly same major, minor / sp build numbers.
Image[/img]
nonno fabio wrote:We haven't tested XP-embedded hotfixes yet but I think they should work. It's easy to add them using Nlite after Updatepack or manually add them as described 4 posts before, but at your own risk.
Ciao.
Image Image Image

maur0
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:08 am

Post by maur0 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:18 pm

new life for xp (professional) to extend to april 2019

Image


to using windows update in xp professional to april 2019 updates
do the following

Image


Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
“Installed”=dword:00000001

after run windows update and walla receive news updates (that did not exist before)


Image

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Tue May 27, 2014 2:47 am

OnePiece Alb wrote: remember microsoft will just have to use a custom.dll that will make a more accurate control as in the case of the timezone update
[Prereq.CheckRegistry.Section]
PresentOp=CheckCustom,,tzchange.dll,IsInstallable,"%TZ_VERSION%"
EqualOp =CheckCustom,,tzchange.dll,IsInstallable,"%TZ_VERSION%","==",1
Display_String="Update cannot be installed as a newer or same timezone update has already been installed on the system"
(the same thing add\using a CustomAction in update.msp) and will immediately close all ;), however just do as Nonno Fabio already suggested above http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 141#137141 and everyone will be able to integrate all unofficial updates in cd
Ciao a tutti.
Image Image Image

User avatar
lapetite66
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by lapetite66 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi:

I installed the 1.02 update pack onto my sister's computer last month and last night I had some major issues and wonder if it was my fault or if it was the pack itself.

Let me clarify; I hadn't defragged my computer in a while and wonder if that had an effect the slipstreamed ISO that I than later burned to a disc and then used. I should also mention that I did NOT know at that time that there was a embedded support pack for the various newer Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO versions (1.00, 1.01, 1.02). So, I’m wondering if the un-defragged drive ie fragged files in the slipstreamed OS screwed things up or if the lack of the embedded support pack caused these issues?

I have TuneUp Utilities installed and one of the features is the error disk check(I think that’s what it’s called). Anyway it checked my sister’s computer for errors and then it asked to restart the computer then or later and I opted for then. Once the computer restarted the disk check started and I noticed quite a few deletions of invalid security IDs that then were replaced with the correct IDs. There were some other issues but I can’t remember what they were about.

Thanks,
Do unto others...then run. :)

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:59 pm

%WinDir%\setuperr.log ????

Integrate Update Pack in a CD clean, not modified before from nLite or RVMi or any other third-party application, after doing a test Virtual Machine and see is all Ok or Not, if is all Ok after burn ISO and install in PC

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
lapetite66
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by lapetite66 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:38 pm

OnePiece Alb wrote:%WinDir%\setuperr.log ????

Integrate Update Pack in a CD clean, not modified before from nLite or RVMi or any other third-party application, after doing a test Virtual Machine and see is all Ok or Not, if is all Ok after burn ISO and install in PC

Ciao.
Hi OnePiece:

Thanks for responding to my post.

When you wrote %WinDir%\setuperr.log I assume you want that information? Well, as I stated that was on my sister's computer. I am using my own computer right now. However, if you really NEED that information I will get it. I will have to shutdown my computer and unhook it and hook her computer up. I have to unhook my computer and hook-up her computer e whenever I need to work on one or the other. It is a time consuming process but I don't have the knowledge or proper tools to network the two computers together. :(


I did integrate using a clean install...

Wait a minute…I installed KB973540 and KB952069(both Media Play fixes) BEFORE adding your Post SP3 pack. Dang it I screwed up :oops: I guess I should have added those after. What about adding if you only have SP2 XP??? Can I add SP3 before adding your Post SP3 pack??? Also, when do I add the embedded support pack, do I add that after adding the Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v1.0.2_FINAL_ENU???

Thanks,
Do unto others...then run. :)

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Run the official procedure (Integrate Update Pack in a WinXPSP3 CD clean, not modified before from nLite or RVMi or any other third-party application), run the official tests (doing a test Virtual Machine and see is all Ok or Not), and only after you see them do other things etc etc

%WinDir%\setuperr.log is not just for me, but that is the file where windows setup indicates almost everything in the cases of problems, I do not exclude problems in UpdatePack ever, but you know they are past 6 years and more than 200 releases we also count those in Italian (thousands and thousands of tests only by me in these six years, do not count after all other users), if in wax an error so serious or any error someone would have noticed by now, Never Say Never everything is possible ehhh but for this reason I do not think that the problem comes from UpdatePack, but from the broken cd from the process of integration or other etc etc etc

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
lapetite66
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by lapetite66 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:37 pm

OnePiece Alb wrote:Run the official procedure (Integrate Update Pack in a WinXPSP3 CD clean, not modified before from nLite or RVMi or any other third-party application), run the official tests (doing a test Virtual Machine and see is all Ok or Not), and only after you see them do other things etc etc

%WinDir%\setuperr.log is not just for me, but that is the file where windows setup indicates almost everything in the cases of problems, I do not exclude problems in UpdatePack ever, but you know they are past 6 years and more than 200 releases we also count those in Italian (thousands and thousands of tests only by me in these six years, do not count after all other users), if in wax an error so serious or any error someone would have noticed by now, Never Say Never everything is possible ehhh but for this reason I do not think that the problem comes from UpdatePack, but from the broken cd from the process of integration or other etc etc etc

Ciao.

OnePiece:

I concede very humbly that I was the one at fault. However, before this pack I was integrating correctly. Meaning, I was adding the Service Pack 3(SP3) because the original OS only had SP2 and THEN adding the Post SP3 Pack. I really don't know what the heck I was thinking this time around :?


So, do I add the OnePiece_Add_Embedded_Support_v1.0.0.2_SvcPack_AddOnafter the OnePiece Post SP3 pack or NOT at all??? If I don't need it then I won't bother with it but if I do need it I would like to know definitively.

Thanks,
Do unto others...then run. :)

User avatar
bphlpt
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:11 am

Post by bphlpt » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:36 pm

You might not NEED OnePiece_Add_Embedded_Support_v1.0.0.2_SvcPack_AddOn at all, but if you want it, then I think you add it after the Post SP3 update pack. (I'm not sure but you might can add them add the same time.) If you are doing multiple runs, I assume you are using RVMi to do so? Multiple runs with nLite can cause problems, It won't cause problems every time, but better be safe than sorry and only run nLite once on a source.

Cheers and Regards

User avatar
Atari800xl
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Location: NL

Post by Atari800xl » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:50 pm

OnePiece, found the 4 new (June 10) POSReady updates in your "Box", thanks!!!!!
Already made a new XP source, installing now for testing!!!
Thanks again.

User avatar
lapetite66
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by lapetite66 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:48 pm

bphlpt wrote:You might not NEED OnePiece_Add_Embedded_Support_v1.0.0.2_SvcPack_AddOn at all, but if you want it, then I think you add it after the Post SP3 update pack. (I'm not sure but you might can add them add the same time.) If you are doing multiple runs, I assume you are using RVMi to do so? Multiple runs with nLite can cause problems, It won't cause problems every time, but better be safe than sorry and only run nLite once on a source.

Cheers and Regards
Hi bphlpt:

Thanks for responding.

You said I might not need the embedded support pack at all. So it's optional, then? When I came across the Embedded addon I thought it was something mandatory to add additional support thus the name "Embedded Support" but if I'm understanding your wording it's not something vital. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that this addon pack allowed XP users to continue to receive updates and if so then I would like that.

I use Nlite as I find RVMi a little confusing. I will just follow the process that I normally use(before I screwed up this last time around :oops: ) and add OnePiece's Post SP3 pack all by it's lonesome and then add whatever else I need/want after that.

Thanks, :)
Do unto others...then run. :)

User avatar
Atari800xl
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Location: NL

Post by Atari800xl » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 pm

NonnoFabio/ OnePiece, found the new POSReady updates in your "Box", thanks!!!!!
Already made a new XP source (again), installing now for testing!!!
Thanks again.

viggen66
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 am

Post by viggen66 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:42 am

Tell me, I'm about to go back to XP, for me still is the best operating system from MS, just one question, does this aio update pack has the fix to receive the Post2009 updates automatically? Did you experience the know .netframework install loop, where you have all .netframeworks installed and Windows Update wants to update your existing .netframework and fails, and goes to a loop install, this is very annoying,

Thanks guys

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:59 am

viggen66 wrote:Tell me, I'm about to go back to XP, for me still is the best operating system from MS, just one question, does this aio update pack has the fix to receive the Post2009 updates automatically?
Thanks guys
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 206#137206
viggen66 wrote:Did you experience the know .netframework install loop, where you have all .netframeworks installed and Windows Update wants to update your existing .netframework and fails, and goes to a loop install, this is very annoying,

Thanks guys
?????????

net framework Update Setup years ago after the release of the dotnet 4, to have thousands and thousands of problems, just look at microsoft.com, and sometimes years ago even UpdatePack was the victim of these problems, however it's been years now that the update of the framework does not give more problems

Ciao.
Image Image Image

viggen66
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 am

Post by viggen66 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:22 am

Sorry, I didn't understand, I must assume that this AIO July has the already the fix embedded to install Post 2009 updates.

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:34 am

viggen66 wrote:Sorry, I didn't understand, I must assume that this AIO July has the already the fix embedded to install Post 2009 updates.
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 120#137120
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 141#137141

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:44 am

new "july" release (see changelog)
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

viggen66
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 am

Post by viggen66 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:22 am

Waiting for the links of this new release, XP isn't dead yet

User avatar
Atari800xl
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Location: NL

Post by Atari800xl » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:26 am

Thanks nonno fabio, VERY much appreciated!!!

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:02 pm

@Atari800xl: thanks to OnePiece

@viggen66: links are already in first topic (july, 25th). Old news, I know. I'm late with official post, sorry.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

viggen66
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 am

Post by viggen66 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:30 pm

nonno fabio, I misunderstood, I have downloaded the AIO package yesterday, so I have the latest one, I will build my ISO today and install it. for some reason, it's hard for me to ditch XP

viggen66
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 am

Post by viggen66 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:48 am

Just wondering, since it will not pick up updates from Windows Update, do we need to do a fresh installation every month?

cosy
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:56 pm

Post by cosy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:51 pm

life is still there on xp, thank you for this update

viggen66
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 am

Post by viggen66 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:40 pm

XP will never die, I read somewhere that Windows 2000 is still alive, someone has released an unofficial update of 2014 to make it safe for today's standards

User avatar
Atari800xl
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Location: NL

Post by Atari800xl » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:37 pm

OnePiece, Nonno Fabio, I tested the new final 1.03 and it's working nicely (as always). I built in on 30 July, using clean XPSP3 and RyanIntegrator. I saved the new folder to an iso (this is my "base" iso).
After that (30 July still), I downloaded the latest POSReady updates from your "box" folder, and used nLite to integrate them into the source. After that, I use DPBase to add storage drivers.
Everything worked perfectly, as it has done for months and months.

But now with yesterday's (12 August) POSReady updates, something seems to have changed. I started with the fresh (an confirmed working) "base" files and used the same nLite and DPBase procedure (which I documented and use every month). When I do a test install, here's the problem:

- There's a 5 minute delay after the very final stage of setup (right before the final desktop appears). I have no idea what could be the problem. Here's what I tried:
(1) Tested on different machine (the delay is there as well)
(2) Re-did the procedure (same result)
(3) Re-did the procedure with the july "state" (that is, only use POSReady updates up to July, but not the August ones). This time, no delay.

So my question to all of you is:
(1) Anyone notice anything similar?
(2) Any ideas on how I can fix this, or other things I can try?

For now, I will stay at the July level until I can figure out where the problem might be.
I will also try adding the 4 new August updates one by one, but that will take some time, I would appreciate any hints in the meantime.

Thanks!

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:43 pm

For what i seen quickly, there's nothing special to say more good there is no update that will have to create problems, Always download\redownload the latest version DXUPAC now will have to be v1.2.1.4, and uses DXUPAC to create the new\last UpdatePack, or try http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 141#137141 now after years and years is also released the update of windows installer KB2918614 that will have to solve many problems such as installation of Windows Live PhotoLibrary.msi and other etc etc

You can use RVMi or nLite to integrate OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_EOL_AddOn, or the CabTool to archive all new files in cab mod (filename.xx_), and then replace\update them in CD\i386

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Atari800xl
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Location: NL

Post by Atari800xl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:18 am

Thanks. When I get off work, I will try putting the POSready updates in an Addon with the latest DXUPAC (instead of adding them one by one with nLite) and report back.
Still, I wonder why the nLite procedure would cause the system to "freeze" for minutes upon install.

I would really like to hear from others who have integrated the latest POSready updates in their iso file, if there are still any of you left?

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:22 am

there is a bug with integration of windows installer Update + Nlite, when Nonno Fabio will come online, will explain all the most well

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:46 am

I did run into the same problem.
The HotFix part "[MSI.AddReg]" in the "update_SP3QFE.inf" file has some bugs.
The fixes are:
"0x0000000" & "0x000000000" = "0x00000000"
"24" = "29"
"38" = "39"
"4.5.6001" = "4.5.6002"

User avatar
Atari800xl
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Location: NL

Post by Atari800xl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:12 am

OnePiece Alb and Outbreaker: THANK YOU!!! for confirming.
I'm still at work right now, but you're saying the problem is indeed with nLite?

If I can fix it by not using nLite for integrating the latest POSready updates, that's OK by me!

As I said, I will try this method:
(1) Use RyanIntegrator to add my Dutch OnePiece Final Pack 1.03, and my own new (yet to be made, using latest DXUPAC of course) AddOn pack containing the POSready updates up to August
(2) Only after that, use nLite to change setup screens to classic look, and 1 or 2 other settings
(3) Use DPbase to add storage drivers.

Hope this will work, will test tonight...

Thanks again guys!!!

(Outbreaker: Your fix *will* make it work with nLite? Is it also needed when I use the AddOn method? I will try your fix, hope I can make it work, or else maybe I can ask you for some more guidance?)

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:16 am

OnePiece Alb wrote:Always download\redownload the latest version DXUPAC now will have to be v1.2.1.4, and uses DXUPAC to create the new\last UpdatePack, or try http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 141#137141 now after years and years is also released the update of windows installer KB2918614 that will have to solve many problems such as installation of Windows Live PhotoLibrary.msi and other etc etc

You can use RVMi or nLite to integrate OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_EOL_AddOn, or the CabTool to archive all new files in cab mod (filename.xx_), and then replace\update them in CD\i386
after do everything you want with nLite or other

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:33 am

Atari800xl wrote: (Outbreaker: Your fix *will* make it work with nLite? Is it also needed when I use the AddOn method? I will try your fix, hope I can make it work, or else maybe I can ask you for some more guidance?)
The fix i posted is for editing the file ""update_SP3QFE.inf"" in the HotFix (KB2918614) installer. I'm sure harkaz will include this fix when he releases his modified HotFixes for this month.

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:05 am

to be clear the update_SP3QFE.inf is a file of the Microsoft Official Release WindowsXP-KB2918614-x86-embedded-ENU.exe (so is well tested before the public release), so has no BUG, if you install it in the system everything is OK as will have to be

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:47 am

It is a bug because if you install the HotFix normally on a system then the HotFix will register the msi.dll again after a computer restart. And this will fix the wrong registry entries from the "update_SP3QFE.inf" file. ;)
Last edited by Outbreaker on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Atari800xl
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Location: NL

Post by Atari800xl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 pm

OnePiece Alb, just wanted to thank you once more. I did as I was told and created a new Addon with the latest DXUPAC (to go along with the Final Pack 1.03 I created two weeks ago). Of course, everything went smoothly and there's no delay at startup/ welcome.

I must admit I still don't understand why the nLite method wouldn't work in this case, maybe I'll try Outbreakers patch one of these days, just for kicks :-) (What can I say, it's a hobby).

Just wanted to let all of you know I really appreciate the help you provide on this forum!! My hat's off to you, kind people!!!

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:21 pm

again, to be clear the update_SP3QFE.inf is a file of the Microsoft Official Release WindowsXP-KB2918614-x86-embedded-ENU.exe (so is well tested before the public release), so has no BUG, if you install it in the system everything is OK as will have to be
Outbreaker wrote:It is a bug because if you install the HotFix normally on a system the HotFix will register the msi.dll again after a computer restart. And this will fix the wrong registry entries from the "update_SP3QFE.inf" file.
the update KB2918614 is OK, Once again, is a release of microsoft does not need to be changed or improved, is a release of Microsot so is the best of the best OKK, no one can do better than Microsoft OKKKK is the same structure as always, watch the previous releases example KB981669, is if as you say then the windows installer update has a bug for 6 years, and no one in millions and millions and millions of installations in these six years has not seen him ????, but I've only seen you now ???, not logical right? ;)

please is Microsoft, is worth more than 250 billion OKKKKKK, is MICROSOFT OKKKKKK do not need to say anything else

Ciao.
Last edited by OnePiece Alb on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Did you noticed that the new "msi.dll" file version is now "4.5.6002" and the registry entry in the "update_SP3QFE.inf" is still "4.5.6001"?
That's the main probem which is causing this bug the other fixes i posted are more like cosmetic fixes.

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:41 pm

Outbreaker wrote:Did you noticed that the new "msi.dll" file version is now "4.5.6002" and the registry entry in the "update_SP3QFE.inf" is still "4.5.6001"?
That's the main probem that is causing this bug the other fixes i posted are more like cosmetic fixes.
OnePiece Alb wrote:is the same structure as always, watch the previous releases example KB981669
KB981669 is version "4.5.6002", is in UpdatePack for years now, so msi.dll is for many years in version "4.5.6002"

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Yes that's true but they never change that in the "update_SP3QFE.inf" file.
The bug happens only with nLite because the HotFix installer will also execute the command:
"%windir%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s %windir%\system32\msi.dll"
and this will correct the "update_SP3QFE.inf" entries in the registry but nLite will not execute that command and will only include the "[MSI.AddReg]" part of the "update_SP3QFE.inf" file.

Mike84
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Mike84 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:27 am

I found a bug, when i uninstall Internet Explorer and than create an User Account and login with it then the Quick Launch is broken. This problem doesn't happen if i use the yumeyao's IE8 Addon.

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:15 am

really ??? again with this story, I had to write 100 post :( for this story http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 886#119886 ehhhhh
Mike84 wrote:I found a bug, when i uninstall Internet Explorer and than create an User Account and login with it then the Quick Launch is broken. This problem doesn't happen if i use the yumeyao's IE8 Addon.
Hello Mike84, thanks for reporting but please check carefully before you report something, let me explain the most good, your report is not True\Correct, what does he mean This problem doesn't happen if i use the yumeyao's IE8 Addon ????????????????????? yumeyao's IE8 Addon does not Remove\RollBack right ??? so ??????, only IE8 and WMP11 which are in OnePiece UpdatePack lead run the Remove\RollBack in True Mod, as far as I know, however dropping this, I do not understand where is the bug ??? where you saw the bug ???

did years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY6R4W91M-M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHt8PVkrhAU

already done now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbHcRHR9emA

For this reason, please check carefully before you report a bug, because if thousands of people who use the UpdatePack do so, for Nonno Fabio and Me it is impossible to control everything after ehhhhhhhhhhh

Ciao.
Image Image Image

Mike84
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Mike84 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:14 am

You misunderstood the bug, it has nothing to do with the "Internet Explorer 8" (RollBack) the problem occurs when using the normal "Internet Explorer" option in Add/Remove Windows Components.
This here fixes the IE8 bugs:

ie.inf ->

Code: Select all

[DefaultInstall]
RegisterDlls = QuickLaunchFix.Execute

[T13]
AddReg       = Misc.RegFix

[QuickLaunchFix.Execute]
11,,cmd.exe,,,"/q /c md ""%%AllUsersProfile%%\..\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"""

[Misc.RegFix]
HKCR,"xmlfile\shell\edit\command",,,"notepad.exe %%1"
ieaccess.inf ->

Code: Select all

[Version]
Signature= "$Windows NT$"

[Optional Components]
IEAccess

[IEAccess]
OptionDesc   = "%IEAccess_DESC%"
Tip          = "%IEAccess_Tip%"
IconIndex    = *, ..\ieframe.dll, 807
InstallType  = 10    ; Typical, Custom
Modes        = 0,1,2,3
Uninstall    = UninstallIE
AddReg       = Base.IE.AddReg
Run          = ShowIE

[Base.IE.AddReg]
;ActiveSetup Microsoft Internet Explorer Shortcuts and Accesses
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}","ComponentID",,"IEACCESS"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}","Dontask",0x10001,2
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}",,,"Internet Explorer"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}","IsInstalled",0x10001,1
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}","Locale",,"*"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}","LocalizedName",,"@%11%\ie4uinit.exe.mui,-21"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}","StubPath",,"%11%\ie4uinit.exe -UserIconConfig"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}","Version",,"8,0,6001,18702"

[Base.IE.DelReg]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}"

[ShowIE]
Commandline="%11%\ie4uinit.exe -reinstall"
TickCount=500

[HideIE]
Commandline="%11%\ie4uinit.exe -hide"
TickCount=500

[UninstallIE]
DelFiles=DelNone
Run=HideIE
DelReg=Base.IE.DelReg

[DelNone]

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestination=11

[Strings]
IEAccess_DESC="Internet Explorer"
IEAccess_Tip="Adds or removes access to Internet Explorer from the Start menu and Desktop"

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:54 am

Mike84 wrote:You misunderstood the bug, it has nothing to do with the "Internet Explorer 8" (RollBack)
that has to do uninstall ??
Mike84 wrote:I found a bug, when i uninstall Internet Explorer and than create an User Account and login with it then the Quick Launch is broken
in any case remember if you Remove\Uninstall\RollBack the IE8, in the system there is nothing left of IE8, in the system is only IE6, as if IE8 it has never existed
Mike84 wrote:the problem occurs when using the normal "Internet Explorer" option in Add/Remove Windows Components.
This here fixes the IE8 bugs:

ie.inf ->

Code: Select all

[DefaultInstall]
RegisterDlls = QuickLaunchFix.Execute

[T13]
AddReg       = Misc.RegFix

[QuickLaunchFix.Execute]
11,,cmd.exe,,,"/q /c md ""%%AllUsersProfile%%\..\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"""

[Misc.RegFix]
HKCR,"xmlfile\shell\edit\command",,,"notepad.exe %%1"
this is a way used 7 years ago in IE7 True AddOn from me (I created a shortcut in Quick Launch to create the directory Quick Launch, to repair Quick Launch), but is not the original way OKKKK

(everything inside UpdatePack is in True Mod) IE8 True AddOn inside UpdatePack fixes the problem of QuickLaunch in an original way regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:U shell32.dl OKKKK

and ieaccess.inf (we have not changed\edit anything, just added the registry recommended by Microsoft to Show\Hide ihe IE desktop Icon)
[Version]
Signature= "$Windows NT$"
DriverVer=07/01/2001,5.1.2600.5512

[Optional Components]
IEAccess

[ShowIE]
Commandline="%11%\shmgrate.exe OCInstallShowIE"
TickCount=500

[HideIE]
Commandline="%11%\shmgrate.exe OCInstallHideIE"
TickCount=500

[UninstallIE]
DelFiles=DelNone
Run=HideIE

[DelNone]

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestination=11

[Strings]
IEAccess_DESC="Internet Explorer"
IEAccess_Tip="Adds or removes access to Internet Explorer from the Start menu and Desktop"

[IEAccess.DesktopIcon.AddReg]
HKCU,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu,{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D},0x10001,0
HKCU,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel,{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D},0x10001,0

[IEAccess]
OptionDesc="%IEAccess_DESC%"
Tip="%IEAccess_Tip%"
IconIndex=*, ..\xpsp1res.dll, 200
InstallType=10 ; Typical, Custom
Modes=0,1,2,3
Uninstall=UninstallIE
Run=ShowIE
AddReg = IEAccess.DesktopIcon.AddReg
however for the record the IE Dektop Icon, is not a perfect solution (is one thing invented ehhh), because to remove\show the IE Dektop Icon you will need to also remove\show QuickLaunch (and this is Default option of Windows, because we can do in other ways, but as mentioned UpdatePack never modify anything of Windows), there is no bug OK (there is nothing to repair\edit them, is all in an original way)

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:14 am

HI, ii run into a bug with the IE.inf CleanUp section.
I added 2 "Installed Components" registry keys to run some things after the Windows related stuff.
But this doesn't work because after the IE.inf registry key ">{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}" Windows XP stops executing the other "Installed Components" registry entries and the "HKCU" key is also not getting deleted by the IE.inf CleanUp section.
This problem is caused because the file IE.inf tries to delete itself from the "Installed Components" and this should only be done if it's not being used by the "Installed Components" or it will cause this 2 problems. ;)
I also think the IE.inf registry entries "S-1-5-18", "S-1-5-19" and "S-1-5-20" is not needed because i couldn't locate them in the registry. :?

Code: Select all

[IE.Install.Reg.PerUser.CleanUp]
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKU,"S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKU,"S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKU,"S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
The best solution for this problem i could come up with is to use this .INF registry entry:

Code: Select all

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","IE.Install.Reg.PerUser.CleanUp",,"CMD /C REG DELETE """HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}""" /f & REG DELETE """HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}""" /f"

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:52 pm

Please delete, wrong post.

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:09 am

Outbreaker wrote:HI, ii run into a bug with the IE.inf CleanUp section.
I added 2 "Installed Components" registry keys to run some things after the Windows related stuff.
But this doesn't work because after the IE.inf registry key ">{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}" Windows XP stops executing the other "Installed Components" registry entries and the "HKCU" key is also not getting deleted by the IE.inf CleanUp section.
This problem is caused because the file IE.inf tries to delete itself from the "Installed Components" and this should only be done if it's not being used by the "Installed Components" or it will cause this 2 problems. ;)
There is no BUG, the cleanup of ie.inf does not change\edit\remove\delete any thing that relates to the Windows or Microsoft or any Third Party OKKKKK,
please is a history of 6-8-10-20 years ago hmmmm look in the forum (You'll find a lot of info)
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90167#90167
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 309#127309
So if you want to add\change\edit\remove something, you have to use a entries.ini and use section [IE8_ProcessesToRun] & [IE.Tweaks.AddReg] & [IE.Tweaks.DelReg] there's nothing that you can not do in the system using these 3 sections OKKKKKK

Outbreaker wrote: I also think the IE.inf registry entries "S-1-5-18", "S-1-5-19" and "S-1-5-20" is not needed because i couldn't locate them in the registry. :?

Code: Select all

[IE.Install.Reg.PerUser.CleanUp]
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKU,"S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKU,"S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
HKU,"S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}"
that kind of hassle they give you those line ?? however HKU lines are just a precaution, nothing else OKKKK (you know that Silverlight during Remove\Uninstall remove\cleanup registry from version 1 until today v5 etc also including developer release etc etc, and so for all components that updates UpdatePack, trying to do all that is possible, we tried to calculate all possible scenarios, for this reason the OPMWXPUP.inf is more than 30,000 line OKKKKKKKK), What you do not see this?
Image
hmmmmmm
Outbreaker wrote: The best solution for this problem i could come up with is to use this .INF registry entry:

Code: Select all

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","IE.Install.Reg.PerUser.CleanUp",,"CMD /C REG DELETE """HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}""" /f & REG DELETE """HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}""" /f"
NO, IT'S NOT THE BEST OKKKKK

however, I or you or everyone else, is free to modify as you wish her ​​WinXP CD (I mean can add\change\edit\remove\delete everything as you want after the integration of UpdatePack), so if for you is better another way, use that OKKKK

Ciao.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Outbreaker
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Outbreaker » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:56 am

I think you misunderstood me, nothing will be change\edit\remove\delete the probem is that everything after the Active Setup registry key "{X9B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}" will be skipped.
This problem can be reproduce by simply adding the Active Setup registry keys below into the "IE.inf" section "[IE.Install.Reg.PerUser]" and then you see that the Calculator is not getting executed after the installation. But if you change "{XX" to "{X8" then it will work.

Code: Select all

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{XXB49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}",,,"Bug TEST"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{XXB49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}","StubPath",0x20000,"%11%\calc.exe"

Post Reply