Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:21 pm

sorry this is sorta OT... but I was wondering if anyone knew why sometimes when doing a VMware install it will just get stuck... but without rebuilding the ISO and only restarting the VM and letting setup restart itself it will then go through the setup process without a hiccup... this bothers me sometimes... I can never duplicate the issue... thinking it's just a software issue... and wondering if I'm the only person that ever experiences this...
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Funny that you mention it, but I sometimes get that too in VMWare, usually around the installing drivers part of the setup GUI phase. I think it is a bug in VMWare, but cant be shure.

Marsha

Post by Marsha » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Hello,

This may be for my education or some problem I don't understand. I integrated (RVMi) a new WinXP Pro SP3 with the UpdatePack v1.4.1 and the NR_WBEM fix addon. Nothing else.

The setuperr.txt file in Windows reports 6 errors of the type
Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control D:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtml.dll because of the following error:
GetProcAddress returned error 127 (the specified procedure could not be found).

with the other five being for inseng.dll, webcheck.dll, imgutil.dll, and pngfilt.dll

Is this known or not a problem or did I do something wrong or ???

Thanks for any help.

-marsha

techtype

Post by techtype » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:03 pm

Marsha wrote:Hello,

This may be for my education or some problem I don't understand. I integrated (RVMi) a new WinXP Pro SP3 with the UpdatePack v1.4.1 and the NR_WBEM fix addon. Nothing else.

The setuperr.txt file in Windows reports 6 errors of the type
Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control D:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtml.dll because of the following error:
GetProcAddress returned error 127 (the specified procedure could not be found).

with the other five being for inseng.dll, webcheck.dll, imgutil.dll, and pngfilt.dll

Is this known or not a problem or did I do something wrong or ???

Thanks for any help.

-marsha
Maybe you could read the first post in this thread.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:37 pm

techtype wrote:Maybe you could read the first post in this thread.
These "errors" are to be "expected" with this pack... but nothing is actually "wrong" all works perfectly...

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:38 pm

Stimpy wrote:Funny that you mention it, but I sometimes get that too in VMWare, usually around the installing drivers part of the setup GUI phase. I think it is a bug in VMWare, but cant be shure.
glad it's not just me going crazy... 'cause sometimes I really wonder... hah

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:45 pm

msdemich wrote:
Fragbert wrote:I suspect the issues only affect VLK images. Specifically the SP3 integrated VLK (NOT a slipstreamed SP3 VLK)
I don't think I understand the difference. Isn't integrating SP3 (WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe) with RVMi the same thing as slipstreaming it? Does this have something to do with the popup from RVMi:
"Would you like to SlipSteam a ServicePack Now?"
Yes = SlipSteam ServicePack now
No = SlipSteam ServicePack during an Updatepack integration
Cancel = Nevermind, Do Nothing.
You're still talking about slipstreaming a source disk that has an earlier service pack. I am refering to a microsoft XP VLK release that is a native SP3 build.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Fragbert wrote:You're still talking about slipstreaming a source disk that has an earlier service pack. I am refering to a microsoft XP VLK release that is a native SP3 build.
maybe I'm just dumb too... but that was confusing to me as well... but I understand now... clarity is a wonderful thing!

Marsha

Post by Marsha » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:52 am

techtype wrote:
Maybe you could read the first post in this thread.
Very sorry - I had read the first post, but clearly it didn't stick.

Again, thanks for responding and sorry if I put noise into the forum.

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:40 am

mr_smartepants wrote:OK, this begs the question:
What's the difference between the MSDN SP3 file and the standard M$ SP3 download here?
Between SP3 & MSDN SP3 there are no differences.
But there are differences between MSDN WinXP VLK SP3 integrated & WinXP VLK with your manual SP3 integration.
When you integrate SP3 into WinXP VLK SP(0, 1, 2), your install becomes WinXP Pro Retail SP3 integrated!!!

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:51 am

Fragbert wrote:You're still talking about slipstreaming a source disk that has an earlier service pack. I am refering to a microsoft XP VLK release that is a native SP3 build.
I had original Microsoft WinXP VL SP3, all works fine, no WBEM error.
My addons:
OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v1.4.1_ENU.7z
Kels_Runtimes_addon_v4.3.CAB
NR_SPTD_ADDON_1.56.CAB
JD976_Stimpy_DotNetFx_3.5_Addon_1.0.7z
PatchAddon_TCPIP_250_v14a.7z
+ DriverPacks + Removal Addons

"Native" Microsoft Windows XP VL SP3 integrated (MD5, Size = 617 754 624 bytes):
5bf476e2fc445b8d06b3c2a6091fe3aa *en_winxp_pro_with_sp3_vl.iso

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:30 am

now working perfectly... here is nLite hotfixes/addons and order from "last session.ini":

Code: Select all

[Hotfixes]
HotfixingReports
ASMSCompress
5er_KB893056_SP3_Addon.7z
NR_MCE_INSTALLER_ADDON_B2.CAB
RICKTENDO64_LUNAROYALCLOCK_ADDON_V1.6B2.7z
benjamminzIS_megatheme_AddOn.7z
Gorki_Theme_AgraphiteII_250408.7z
Gorki_Theme_HumanFW_0.1.7z
Gorki_Theme_IllumeCG_070208.7z
Gorki_Theme_Stolen16_21107.7z
Gorki_Theme_VistyV2_0.1.7z
NR_CursorsAIO_Addon_1.9.rar
Ricks_LunaRoyaleOrb_AddOn_v3.2.rar
Ricks_UbuntuHumanCursors_AddOn.rar
Jonnyboys_Firefox_3.0_addon.7z   <<<------ A MUST HAVE ADDON (IT's A BUILDER ADDON)
REAPERS_IP_CONFIGURATION_MANAGER_2.7.2.80_CPL_ADDON.7z
mmc_addon.7z
RICKS_VISTASYSTEMPROPERTIES1.8_ADDON_70805.7z
sysinternals-Utilities-AIO-v1.4_addon.7z
Gorki_AddOn_RegTweakage.NET_0.2b_0.1.7z
odyn1982_AudioUtilities_Addon_v2.5.7z
FreeMortal_SmrtDfrg501b_AddOn.7z
GORKI_ADDON_JKDEFRAGGUI_040208.7z
MRSP_DIRPRINT_ADDON.7z
BENJAMMINZ_UTORRENT_ADDON.7z
Ricks_7-Zip4.57_DefAddOn.7z
RVMADDONS_1.8.4.7z
NR_VGAMESAIO_ADDON_V1.3.7z
BENJAMMINZIS_GAMEZ_ADDON.7z
REAPERS_BOWLING_EVOLUTION_1.07A_ADDON.7z
OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v1.4.1_ENU0.7z
Doug_IETweak_AddOn_v1.0.7z
xable_OUE-OGA-v1.7_addon.cab
benjamminz_MCESVCPACK_addon.7z
Kels_Uber_Addon_v13.7z
Kels_NotePad++_v5_addon.7z
Kels_CPLBonus_addon_v8.2.8.7z
Kels_YzApps_v1_addon.7z
RogueSpearAddonsStandardMod_3.9.2.7z
Ricks_nLite1.4.7Plus_AddOn.7z
no issues, no "INF Install" errors... running rogue's runtimes part1 from svcpack and then part 2 via a gui run once batch file that sets it to run via runonceex...along with the rogues adobe reader 9 addon as well as suggested by fragbert?
Last edited by benjamminzIS on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mf3imp

Post by mf3imp » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:31 am

I think that it's very annoying to have a process that tries to register himself every boot. No offense, but if I don't include .net 1.1, it's not necessary to check every time for it.
And to onepiece: correct some spelling mistake in the pack, it's not "professional" as you proclaim your addon in the italian forum, to have such mispelled word.

dolivas

Post by dolivas » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:47 pm

benjamminzIS

Quick question is there a reason you are integrating this addon DirectX_9.0c_End-User_Runtime_AddOn_0.3.4_-_redxii.7z with onepieces UpdatePack does he not already include DX9 already?

Edit: I also do not think you need this addon xable_WGAN-v1.2_addon.cab it is include in the UpdatePack.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:02 pm

yeah... haven't gotten around to fully cleaning up my process... but as it stands onepiece's overwrites redxii's dx addon and wgan i had completely forgotten about... those will be de-integrated on next build... no issues though as is...

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:01 pm

has anyone noticed a problem with ie7, on first load,usually one can config their search engine and etc,but setting dotn apply and each time i open ie7 its as if it were the first time.(and their seems to be an error loading an item in every page i visit)
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

techtype

Post by techtype » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:26 pm

bober101 wrote:has anyone noticed a problem with ie7, on first load,usually one can config their search engine and etc,but setting dotn apply and each time i open ie7 its as if it were the first time.(and their seems to be an error loading an item in every page i visit)
That's usually a conflict with another addon. Some of the Adobe addons can cause this (and sometimes the inf problem referred to above).

msdemich

Post by msdemich » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:08 pm

bober101 wrote:has anyone noticed a problem with ie7, on first load,usually one can config their search engine and etc,but setting dotn apply and each time i open ie7 its as if it were the first time.(and their seems to be an error loading an item in every page i visit)
If you mean the "Apply Settings" button that sticks after you select phishing options and default search provider, then yeah. I only get it sometimes and havent been able to pin it down.

mf3imp

Post by mf3imp » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:28 am

It's not problem with other addon, it's just onepiece stuff that it's a problem. He create an update pack, and he doesn't make some test, he only put all the hotfiz that have xp sp3 in the name. He make it in hurry, without checking neither the basic thing (for example, using 4010, that the italian id, in the english version). You havo no idea of many italian user that have they pc screwd by this guy's addon. He always say "it's all ok", but the truth is that he will only be the first, and claim to be. And he always remove all copyright info from the software, and that may not be legal at all (eg, the copyright info for ccleaner is taken from piriform and reverded to eng2ita).

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:40 am

mf3imp wrote:
It's not problem with other addon, it's just onepiece stuff that it's a problem. He create an update pack, and he doesn't make some test, he only put all the hotfiz that have xp sp3 in the name. He make it in hurry, without checking neither the basic thing (for example, using 4010, that the italian id, in the english version). You havo no idea of many italian user that have they pc screwd by this guy's addon. He always say "it's all ok", but the truth is that he will only be the first, and claim to be. And he always remove all copyright info from the software, and that may not be legal at all (eg, the copyright info for ccleaner is taken from piriform and reverded to eng2ita).
I can't speak for the issues on the italian version of this addon, but the issues for the US release have been relatively minor. The amount of updates covered in this addon is so vastly comprehensive and works for so many - how can you say that onepiece did not test? I am guessing this addon took hundreds of hours to produce and test.

I'm not denying there are problems, but the fact that a kid who does not speak english managed to create a working (for most of us) All-In-One SP3 addon that covers so much is amazing.

pen25jf

Post by pen25jf » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:42 am

mf3imp wrote:
There's no need to be rude on the board. Many people have said it works flawlessly, others have issues - like all other packs. I don't know about the copyright removal's as I have not tried this pack yet, but if that is the case, you should be sure before accusing someone.

Stick with Ryan's or someone elses if you have an issue, bottom line.

mf3imp

Post by mf3imp » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:25 am

Fragbert wrote:I can't speak for the issues on the italian version of this addon, but the issues for the US release have been relatively minor. The amount of updates covered in this addon is so vastly comprehensive and works for so many - how can you say that onepiece did not test? I am guessing this addon took hundreds of hours to produce and test.
I say it because he write it in the italian forum. He make a test, then change something, upload a file and wait for someone who make the "final test". In the italian forum, someone reported a problem with windows installer and norton antivirus and he suggest to re-apply some hotfix that should be in the pack, and then he write that "it's all ok".

And for copyright removal, it can be observed using some of his true addon, that are labeled as onepiece' work in the add/remove applet of the control panel.

pen25jf

Post by pen25jf » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 am

mf3imp wrote:
Fragbert wrote:I can't speak for the issues on the italian version of this addon, but the issues for the US release have been relatively minor. The amount of updates covered in this addon is so vastly comprehensive and works for so many - how can you say that onepiece did not test? I am guessing this addon took hundreds of hours to produce and test.
I say it because he write it in the italian forum. He make a test, then change something, upload a file and wait for someone who make the "final test". In the italian forum, someone reported a problem with windows installer and norton antivirus and he suggest to re-apply some hotfix that should be in the pack, and then he write that "it's all ok".

And for copyright removal, it can be observed using some of his true addon, that are labeled as onepiece' work in the add/remove applet of the control panel.
Thanks for pointing that out, as my Italian is, well, just not!! :D
I have (whispers) Norton, and it catches most stuff, pretty surprisingly, so if I download an add-on (which I have in the past that had malware), I catch it.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:32 pm

I definitely second Fragbert... and anyone that uses OnePiece packs should be DAMN THANKFUL that he does this work at all... in fact that goes for all the developers on this forum!!! Absolutely mind blowing disrespect!!!
Fragbert wrote:
mf3imp wrote: It's not problem with other addon, it's just onepiece stuff that it's a problem. He create an update pack, and he doesn't make some test, he only put all the hotfiz that have xp sp3 in the name. He make it in hurry, without checking neither the basic thing (for example, using 4010, that the italian id, in the english version). You havo no idea of many italian user that have they pc screwd by this guy's addon. He always say "it's all ok", but the truth is that he will only be the first, and claim to be. And he always remove all copyright info from the software, and that may not be legal at all (eg, the copyright info for ccleaner is taken from piriform and reverded to eng2ita).
The amount of updates covered in this addon is so vastly comprehensive and works for so many - how can you say that onepiece did not test? I am guessing this addon took hundreds of hours to produce and test.

I'm not denying there are problems, but the fact that a kid who does not speak english managed to create a working (for most of us) All-In-One SP3 addon that covers so much is amazing.

mf3imp

Post by mf3imp » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:46 pm

compstuff wrote:I definitely second Fragbert... and anyone that uses OnePiece packs should be DAMN THANKFUL that he does this work at all... in fact that goes for all the developers on this forum!!! Absolutely mind blowing disrespect!!!
All developers in this forum made all great works. But I want to report that in the italian forum he release some addon with warez software (a cracked version of mirc), and for this someone hasn't to be very thankful.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm not disputing what your stating regarding the Italian forum as I have no way of knowing but that's NOT what you stated in your previous post here and it simply came across quite unappreciative and disrespectful
mf3imp wrote:
compstuff wrote:I definitely second Fragbert... and anyone that uses OnePiece packs should be DAMN THANKFUL that he does this work at all... in fact that goes for all the developers on this forum!!! Absolutely mind blowing disrespect!!!
All developers in this forum made all great works. But I want to report that in the italian forum he release some addon with warez software (a cracked version of mirc), and for this someone hasn't to be very thankful.

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Well, news for you, there is something wrong with this update pack! And i'm sick of treading on eggshells whenever there is an issue with another users addons or update packs for fear of retribution on this board. I fully respect Onepiece and nonno fabio, but I don't respect the attitude towards those experiencing REAL issues with this update pack.

All I can say is that this pack does not work with a lot of addons, and i don't expect to be told that he wont fix it because there is nothing wrong with it! If there is nothing wrong with it, then lets get to why other addons fail only when using this update pack, then we can all help out and get this issue fixed.

I will say that I don't support a personal flame out here, as thats not the way, but to have all this ignored is just bull.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:48 pm

Stimpy... if you have been following this thread then you clearly know that this is NOT news to me!!! I spent 2 full days working with this pack unsuccesfully yet I still don't condone the previous comments... also since your not a novice here and obviously read the other threads theirs plenty of problems with much of the post SP3 work and according to many others that includes RVMi... regarding your expectations: maybe you should expect him to say to hell with the whole thing and give up!!! ...wouldn't that be just great :rolleyes: cut the guy some slack I'm sure he's trying the best he can and trust me I get plenty frustrated when the packs don't work :wink:

mf3imp

Post by mf3imp » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:15 pm

compstuff wrote:.wouldn't that be just great :rolleyes: cut the guy some slack I'm sure he's trying the best he can and trust me I get plenty frustrated when the packs don't work :wink:
AFAIK, he's tring to add other stuff to the pack, making it bigger, without correcting all the problems reported. In the italian forum he claim that the pack is perfect and that always fault of bad source, bad addon (ignoring that 95% of the addon in the italian forum are made by him). Granted! And for grammar spelling, sometimes some user write about it, giving the correct text, and he say that it's not important, that it's addon and update pack are "professional". That's all.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:15 pm

Also

How can you say the addon "ruined" thousands of PCs when this is an update pack for use with a NEW install? Meaning, at the very worst, your NEW install on a PC doesn't work. Oh no!

mf3imp

Post by mf3imp » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Fragbert wrote:How can you say the addon "ruined" thousands of PCs when this is an update pack for use with a NEW install? Meaning, at the very worst, your NEW install on a PC doesn't work. Oh no!
Because, if you write to him something like that "onepiece, I've installed using your addon, but there's a problem", he always respond "all ok, my update pack is professional, you won't be able to use rvmi". Check the italian forum...
And if an update pack is bugged, no matter of "oh fresh install screwed", because there some "pc seller" that use it, and I imagine the customer reaction. That's the problem.

msdemich

Post by msdemich » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Would I be better off using this addon pack with nLite instead of RVMi?

conan

Post by conan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi,
Nonno, please add to your addon pack these:
Microsoft Update Catalog Web Control
Microsoft Office Update Engine
Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage
I use an addon for these made by ricktendo64.
Thanks!

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:03 pm

mf3imp wrote:
Fragbert wrote:How can you say the addon "ruined" thousands of PCs when this is an update pack for use with a NEW install? Meaning, at the very worst, your NEW install on a PC doesn't work. Oh no!
Because, if you write to him something like that "onepiece, I've installed using your addon, but there's a problem", he always respond "all ok, my update pack is professional, you won't be able to use rvmi". Check the italian forum...
And if an update pack is bugged, no matter of "oh fresh install screwed", because there some "pc seller" that use it, and I imagine the customer reaction. That's the problem.
What kind of MORON reseller would sell a PC without first testing the image? :lol:

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:37 pm

compstuff wrote:Stimpy... if you have been following this thread then you clearly know that this is NOT news to me!!! I spent 2 full days working with this pack unsuccesfully yet I still don't condone the previous comments... also since your not a novice here and obviously read the other threads theirs plenty of problems with much of the post SP3 work and according to many others that includes RVMi... regarding your expectations: maybe you should expect him to say to hell with the whole thing and give up!!! ...wouldn't that be just great :rolleyes: cut the guy some slack I'm sure he's trying the best he can and trust me I get plenty frustrated when the packs don't work :wink:
I was not aiming my post directly at you Compstuff, I have also spent many days trying to find which addons screw up the Windows install whilst using this update pack. I have not much time for it, so it is taking me days to get through the list of addons that I like to use, up until now. I am very frustraited with this, but I do understand that crap happens, and things change, but I did not like the "We can't reproduce the error, only use this pack on its own" comment. It's hardly helpful, not just to me, but to the other addon makers that are wondering why their addons dont work with this pack, when they work fine on older versions, and other update packs. Obviously something has been changed after the 1.3.1 version that has screwed up other addons.

A point that I would like to make, is what is the point of an update pack, that is incompatible with so many addons out there?

I also realise that some of these issues may come from the RVMI, and Sigi does not seem to be working on it at this time, because it's a bloody big job for him on his own. But I can say that the problems still persist when you use nLite.

I do not support a personal slagging match here, but this attitude of "dont dare question the author of an addon, as he will throw the towel in, and pull his addon" is crap, all i can say is that if that is all it takes, then the author must have been waiting for an excuse to show off!!!

But I'm sure this does not apply to Onepiece, he is an intelligent guy, and he knows we appreciate his work, it's not personal, it's just people trying to figure this out. I also think Onepiece is able to handle the responsibilities of his work, and he will figure this out. I just wish it would be acknowleged as an issue in the first place.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:03 pm

I hope all the guys of RyanVM's know when to recognize a troll.

I don't want to waste many words about this question but you must know that our old friend mf3imp was banned some time ago by Eng2ita.net forum admins: so you will comprehend he can't be an impartial witness.

I regret that Onepiece is not able (or he got no time) to fix the problems found by Stimpy and Compstuff: it's understable if they want to give up with this pack because their favourite addons doesn't work flawlessly with it but I know that Onepiece is more helpful than needed and it he could, sure he will find a workaround to make those addons working
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:09 pm

Stimpy wrote:
compstuff wrote:Stimpy... if you have been following this thread then you clearly know that this is NOT news to me!!! I spent 2 full days working with this pack unsuccesfully yet I still don't condone the previous comments... also since your not a novice here and obviously read the other threads theirs plenty of problems with much of the post SP3 work and according to many others that includes RVMi... regarding your expectations: maybe you should expect him to say to hell with the whole thing and give up!!! ...wouldn't that be just great :rolleyes: cut the guy some slack I'm sure he's trying the best he can and trust me I get plenty frustrated when the packs don't work :wink:
I was not aiming my post directly at you Compstuff, I have also spent many days trying to find which addons screw up the Windows install whilst using this update pack. I have not much time for it, so it is taking me days to get through the list of addons that I like to use, up until now. I am very frustraited with this, but I do understand that crap happens, and things change, but I did not like the "We can't reproduce the error, only use this pack on its own" comment. It's hardly helpful, not just to me, but to the other addon makers that are wondering why their addons dont work with this pack, when they work fine on older versions, and other update packs. Obviously something has been changed after the 1.3.1 version that has screwed up other addons.

A point that I would like to make, is what is the point of an update pack, that is incompatible with so many addons out there?

I also realise that some of these issues may come from the RVMI, and Sigi does not seem to be working on it at this time, because it's a bloody big job for him on his own. But I can say that the problems still persist when you use nLite.

I do not support a personal slagging match here, but this attitude of "dont dare question the author of an addon, as he will throw the towel in, and pull his addon" is crap, all i can say is that if that is all it takes, then the author must have been waiting for an excuse to show off!!!

But I'm sure this does not apply to Onepiece, he is an intelligent guy, and he knows we appreciate his work, it's not personal, it's just people trying to figure this out. I also think Onepiece is able to handle the responsibilities of his work, and he will figure this out. I just wish it would be acknowleged as an issue in the first place.
Have you bothered trying to isolate which addons don't work? It may be a painful process if you use a lot, but one by one testing is probably the best way. And, make sure you test both RVMi vs nlite. Because of documented, ongoing problems with RVMi, I now only use nlite to integrate addons for the time being. This solved all of my integration issues (using the AIO) except for Adobe9. All adobe9 addons give me issues, and even running @ RunOnceEx, so that is the lone problem for me. Again, I was in your boat about to give up but I spent one day just testing and testing w/ VPC2007 and finally found the specific problems and their solutions. For now, I run a cmd to install Adobe9 upon the 2nd reboot and that so far has worked well for me.

rsadix

Post by rsadix » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:19 pm

Stimpy wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:OMG :rolleyes:
I know!!! But many thanks for the info, and thanks to Bober too.
Thank you Stimpy for asking, thank you nonno fabio for repsonding and thank you bobber for adding.

I also found these 2 entries in the OPMWXPUP.inf file relating to wga
[Strings]
WGALOGON = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon"
WGANOTIFY = "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\WgaNotify\SP0\WgaNotify"

they may also be unecessary but probably non problematic.

Once again nonno fabio, THANK YOU and all the people that helped with this AIO pack, I finally have a dependable SP3 build to work with vs the frustration of non working installs with many other attempts since SP3
Whether you think you can or you can't, you are always right.

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Fragbert wrote:Have you bothered trying to isolate which addons don't work? It may be a painful process if you use a lot, but one by one testing is probably the best way. And, make sure you test both RVMi vs nlite. Because of documented, ongoing problems with RVMi, I now only use nlite to integrate addons for the time being. This solved all of my integration issues (using the AIO) except for Adobe9. All adobe9 addons give me issues, and even running @ RunOnceEx, so that is the lone problem for me. Again, I was in your boat about to give up but I spent one day just testing and testing w/ VPC2007 and finally found the specific problems and their solutions. For now, I run a cmd to install Adobe9 upon the 2nd reboot and that so far has worked well for me.
Yes Fragbert, I have "bothered" to do what you say, and am in the middle of making a list of addons which dont work well with this update pack. As soon as I am done, I will post my findings.

My main problem is that I simply dont have much time, (until Wednesday now), to spend the time doing heavy testing. But you are right, I have noticed that Acrobat 9 addons are problematic when used in conjunction with this update pack. I also take on board what you say about your experience with nLite. I have never used nLite for integrating addons or update packs, so I am on a learning curve, finding out just which addons work, and don't work with nLite.

Thank you for your update Nonno fabio. Without sounding like I'm talking down to you, or Onepiece, I suggest trying to integrate your update pack with some of the addons that have, and will be posted on here, which do not work. Then maybe the problem can be re-created. I would like to say that I think that there are more than 2 of us here reporting the same problems.

But it's fine, if the update pack does not work for us, then we don't have to use it. I only wanted to contribute to the effort in trying to bring attention to the problem posted, and to offer some help, buy providing a list of addons that are not compatible with this pack. Maybe it will help some of the people that want to use this update pack, and are having problems.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:30 pm

For the most part I think we all agree that testing the update packs can be quite time consuming and frustrating at times... I have more than once considered giving up on them but my stuborness and the efforts of the developers keeps me going and eventually makes it all worth while.

I have also wondered if their was a way for the actual forum to be changed in order to make it not only easier to find completely working combinations but to assist the develepers as they release what is obvioulsy "beta" releases that need testing support.

My comments are in NO way meant to be negative or critical... just my thoughts and Stimpy I do agree that at times peoples tempers flare high and their sensitivity or lack of is overly apparent... but that seems to be the case on most forums I belong to so I take it in stride.

In the meantime I will continue to test as I have time and I will watch as others test and report as well... I feel that eventually the problems will be resolved and this will be a monumental evolution in the slipstream process

adminadmin

Post by adminadmin » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Hello Onepiece!
I have trying to integrate my xp cd along with sp3 service pack 5512, your pack v 1.4.1 and other small addons, but facing simillar error.........
....framedyn.dll is not found..in this situation neither ie7 works nor wmp11..why?..
I know nothing..I have a little knowledge about this..
It is to be mentioned here that I used nlite 1.4.7 to integrete...
Just want to say......
Thanks a lot...

bober101

Post by bober101 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:08 pm

you should try using only aio update pack and add addons after each successfull build.so start with the aio pack only and work ure way till u hit a non working build.
XP theme source patcher

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:01 am

At this point I think we all need a clear understanding of what direction this is going and I for one will be waiting before continuing with this AIO.

Are we to expect that onepiece is working on a fix and testing the AIO?

Are we waiting for an update to RVMi before this will work with no errors?

bober101

Post by bober101 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 am

im still using v1.3.2 witch worked flawlessly.
XP theme source patcher

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:02 am

Guys, Onepiece is usually more helpful than needed and always try to suggest solutions to everyone.
He's hardly working on this pack to improve it even more: maybe these improvements will solve your personal problems, maybe not. However you are not newbies and if you have an idea about the inf lines needed to avoid them (like we do in the past suggesting Kontini fix which fired Kabul bug existing in ALL RyanVM update packs) post here and Onepiece will apply it to the pack.
You could post about the bugs in the non-working addon topic, perhaps the author has some suggestions...
I hope you understand. Thank you for your contributes...and the patience ;)
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:50 am

Nonno,

I have to say I'm a little surprised by your comment... the issues we have been bringing up here are not "improvements" they are basic stability and functionality issues and unless I'm missing something they are not personal problems isolated to a few individuals.

Your right when you say that many of us here are not newbies and to that end we have been trying to assist in "troubleshooting" to the best of our abilities. I for one don't have anywhere near the expertease to help more than I already have. That's why most of us seem to be requesting help from onepiece or anyone else that can resolve this issue.

You mention the Kabul issue which is an excellent example because it was a real problem that was taking quite sometime to resolve and many people assisted in troubleshooting but with that problem it was clear to all that it was being worked on and a solution would be found which helped tremendously with peoples frustration as well as their patience. It seems in this matter, and I could be completey mis-interpreting, but your saying that their is no problem and therefore no further development on this AIO.

Please help me understand further.... Thanks
nonno fabio wrote:Guys, Onepiece is usually more helpful than needed and always try to suggest solutions to everyone.
He's hardly working on this pack to improve it even more: maybe these improvements will solve your personal problems, maybe not. However you are not newbies and if you have an idea about the inf lines needed to avoid them (like we do in the past suggesting Kontini fix which fired Kabul bug existing in ALL RyanVM update packs) post here and Onepiece will apply it to the pack.
You could post about the bugs in the non-working addon topic, perhaps the author has some suggestions...
I hope you understand. Thank you for your contributes...and the patience ;)

techtype

Post by techtype » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:02 pm

compstuff wrote:Nonno,

I have to say I'm a little surprised by your comment... the issues we have been bringing up here are not "improvements" they are basic stability and functionality issues and unless I'm missing something they are not personal problems isolated to a few individuals.

Your right when you say that many of us here are not newbies and to that end we have been trying to assist in "troubleshooting" to the best of our abilities. I for one don't have anywhere near the expertease to help more than I already have. That's why most of us seem to be requesting help from onepiece or anyone else that can resolve this issue.
I hope you realize that all of us for whom this pack works fine are unlikely to post here. We integrate and move on to other things. Count the actual number of complainers (not complaints) in this thread. It's really about average for a major pack.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Your point is well taken but I think it would be of GREAT value to hear from those who have no problems with this pack so comparitive information can be gathered...
techtype wrote:
compstuff wrote:Nonno,

I hope you realize that all of us for whom this pack works fine are unlikely to post here. We integrate and move on to other things. Count the actual number of complainers (not complaints) in this thread. It's really about average for a major pack.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Sorry, Compstuff: it's me that is not clear.

The "improvement" is not about your problem, which is real if you experienced it. Onepiece is trying to slipstream Dotnet in "true mode" (without using Runonceex or other system) inside his AIO update. I wonder if this could fix those advanced .inf errors, but it's only my hope...

Onepiece said he couldn't reproduce these problems: for him and for all italian users this updatepack works flawlessly and at this point he hasn't found where and how to fix those issues. I will ask him again to do a further test with "faulty" addons you will point out

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:14 pm

nonno fabio wrote:Sorry, Compstuff: it's me that is not clear.

The "improvement" is not about your problem, which is real if you experienced it. Onepiece is trying to slipstream Dotnet in "true mode" (without using Runonceex or other system) inside his AIO update. I wonder if this could fix those advanced .inf errors, but it's only my hope...

Onepiece said he couldn't reproduce these problems: for him and for all italian users this updatepack works flawlessly and at this point he hasn't found where and how to fix those issues. I will ask him again to do a further test with "faulty" addons you will point out
Adobe9 reader. Try Rogues' installer from RunOnceEx. Just integrate the AIO first w/ RVMi and then run the adobe installer in ROE. Nothing else.