Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:52 am

Double post
Last edited by nonno fabio on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:52 am

Ok, I'll send the link of Reaper Rogue's Adobe 9 addon to Onepiece
In the meantime try you this.
New Update Pack includes .NET 1.1 sp1 without running anything at first desktop. So it shouldn't interfere with specific addons. Think it as always as a beta, even if it has been submitted to 20 days of testing...

EDIT
RogueSpear wrote:I'm not a gambling man, but I would be willing to guarantee that my Adobe Reader installer is not causing an advanced .inf error...Every instance I have ever witnessed has been due to an error in the authoring of an addon or update pack (including addons that I have made myself).
Now this version of my Adobe Reader installer has been downloaded no less 1,200x, not including however many times it's been downloaded in the form of an addon courtesy of Reaper, without any other reports of problems. If I can get a couple more reproductions of this particular problem, I'll put in a little time with it, but at this point I have way way too many things on my plate to troubleshoot an issue that doesn't exist for me.
ROTFL change the words "Adobe Reader installer" with "XP update Pack" and you got same identical phrase written by Onepiece :lol: (j/k, please don't flame, thanks ;)

EDIT2:
I forgot to say that now WBEM fix is present as default in pack because .NET integration needs it.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:56 am

I have to say that I saw this dot net addition coming. im not sure about its inclusion. I think dot net 1.1 is old, out of date, not needed as 2.0 is backwards compatible, and much better in general, as well as the fact that what the hell is coded to run only with 1.1 these days? And did I mention, slow, buggy, oh and a resource hog.

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:07 am

Ther are Porgrams out ther that needs .net 1.1.

@nonno fabio
If OnePiece includes .net then he should include all versions. If thes is not possible then the best is that we use the AIO RunOnce Addon at RunOnce. ;)
Last edited by Outbreaker on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:09 am

Outbreaker wrote:Ther are Porgrams out ther that needs .net 1.1.
Programs that cannot run with .net 2.0 and above installed? Can you name some?

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:13 am

Yes it was a old Tool i can't remember with tool it was it was long time ago.

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:15 am

Outbreaker wrote:Yes it was an old Tool i can't remember with tool it was ist was long time ago.
And this is why it's good to include this in a state-of-the-art SP3 update package? And to force it on people that don't need it, and do not want it on their systems is just bad.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:53 am

Stimpy wrote:
Outbreaker wrote:Yes it was an old Tool i can't remember with tool it was ist was long time ago.
And this is why it's good to include this in a state-of-the-art SP3 update package? And to force it on people that don't need it, and do not want it on their systems is just bad.
dude... you edit 3 lines in the entries.ini and delete 3 files and no more dot net 1.1 in this update pack... way to simple to remove it than to cry about it... don't use this pack if it doesn't have the things you want/need... no one is "forcing" you to download and use this pack... don't be a retard! Sorry to be harsh... but you're just being way to picky about something that is being offered for "free" to HELP you... ever heard the saying "Beggers can't be choosers?" Give it some thought...
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:17 am

benjamminzIS wrote:
Stimpy wrote:
dude... you edit 3 lines in the entries.ini and delete 3 files and no more dot net 1.1 in this update pack... way to simple to remove it than to cry about it... don't use this pack if it doesn't have the things you want/need... no one is "forcing" you to download and use this pack... don't be a retard! Sorry to be harsh... but you're just being way to picky about something that is being offered for "free" to HELP you... ever heard the saying "Beggers can't be choosers?" Give it some thought...
I get your point, and I hope somebody gets the point that I'm making,as obviously you don't.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:37 am

.net 1.1 has been added in the update pack without using .msi files or runonce stuff but natively just like in Windows Server 2003: this could be also a good start to building a full MCE update pack...
I think it isn't possible to do so with .net 2.0 (not always backwards compatible with 1.x applications) which can be easily added as addon anyway: in our test we haven't see problem even adding AIO addons.

@Stimpy: even if you hate .Net 1.1, could you test 1.4.2 and see if advanced inf errors are still there? thanks a lot

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:53 am

or he could take 5 min and delete 3 lines of code, delete 3 files and stop bitching all together...

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:54 am

nonno fabio wrote:@Stimpy: even if you hate .Net 1.1, could you test 1.4.2 and see if advanced inf errors are still there? thanks a lot
I will Nonno fabio, I really want to do all I can to help.

It also sounds great about the approach Onepiece is using to find ways of integrating. I'm not a fan of .NET in general, and your right, I like 1.1 much less. I see the need for the latest .NET, such as my own addon made with JD's help, which only contains the contents of the 3.5 redist package, and therefore does not install .NET 1.1. But the need for 1.1 is questionable, in my honest oppinion.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:32 am

just tried integrating (nLite) this pack and received an out of memory error... something it's trying to extract/compress ate up 2gb of ram... glad I didn't delete 1.4.1 yet... tried it multiple times with some restarts in between... no avail... hash check is good... seems to happen right about the time it finishes extracting/compressing wmp11 files...

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:51 am

benjamminzIS wrote: or he could take 5 min and delete 3 lines of code, delete 3 files and stop bitching all together...
Stop whining and use the RVMI to integrate. No errors so far, still checking...

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:52 am

it happens to you during Nlite session?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:07 am

I forgot this too:
Only for RVM Integrator users
Due to a known bug RVMi cabs both netfx.cab and netfx.cat and rename them with same netfx.ca_ name, overwriting netfx.cab and leaving only cabbed netfx.cat . The workaround is to save a copy of netfx.cab file from i386 source folder to another place, execute the integration and when finished and before making the .iso, place the copy again inside your source i386 folder.

:? maybe it would be better waiting possible Siginet's RVMi fix and in the meantime releasing a regression update pack. Because this would mean maintaining two different update pack, for Nlite and Integrator, just like we do with W2k3 UpdatePack... dunno if it's worth it
Last edited by nonno fabio on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:18 am

nonno fabio wrote:I forgot this too:
Only for RVM Integrator users
Due to a known bug RVMi cabs both netfx.cab and netfx.cat and rename them with same netfx.ca_ name, overwriting netfx.cab and leaving only cabbed netfx.cat . The workaround is to save a copy of netfx.cab file from i386 source folder to another place, execute the integration and when finished and before making the .iso, place the copy again inside your source i386 folder.
Thanks for the heads-up Nonno Fabio.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:31 am

You're welcome.
Onepiece says he will start testing the pack with Adobe Reader addon as soon as possible but it's very busied with all of this UP and addons and in addition he lives in Tirana and that means a slow ADSL connection

klob77

Post by klob77 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:52 am

Can someone please show the code to remove .NET from entries.ini. I currently use roguespears .NET runtimes without issue and would like to continue to do so. I know that I need to delete netfx.cab, netfx.cat, & netfxocm.inf from the updatepack, but was unsure exactly on how to edit this:

DOSNET.inf|d4,netfx.cab|d1,netfx.cab|1
TXTSETUP.sif|netfx.cab = 4|netfx.cab = 1|1
SYSOC.inf|netfx=netfxocm.dll,UrtOcmProc,netfxocm.inf,hide,7|netfx=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,netfxocm.inf,hide,7|1

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:09 pm

Stimpy wrote:Stop whining and use the RVMI to integrate. No errors so far, still checking...
you think you're funny don't ya... wow...

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks Nonno Fabio and onepiece...

FYI, I am also getting the "Out of Memory" error in nLite 1.4.7 with the 1.4.2 addon...

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Pistolero wrote:Thanks Nonno Fabio and onepiece...

FYI, I am also getting the "Out of Memory" error in nLite 1.4.7 with the 1.4.2 addon...
I fixed this by editing the entries.ini

Code: Select all

[ExtraFileEdits] 
<--- EDIT HERE ---> 
WBEMOC.inf|[Strings]|<NEXT>[SourceDisksNames]<NEXT>1="Windows XP SP3 CD/DVD-ROM","WIN51",,"i386"<NEXT><NEXT>[SourceDisksFiles]<NEXT>napclientprov.mof=1<NEXT>napclientschema.mof=1<NEXT><NEXT>[Strings]|1
<--- TO HERE --->
TO THIS:

wbemoc.inf|napclientprov.mof,napprov.mof|napclientprov.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientprov.mof|napclientprov.mof,napprov.mof|1
wbemoc.inf|napclientschema.mof,napschem.mof|napclientschema.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientschema.mof|napclientschema.mof,napschem.mof|1
hope this helps... I don't think nLite knows what to do with "<NEXT>" or any of that line actually... I copied the edits used in redxii's entries.ini...

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:13 pm

benjamminzIS wrote:
Stimpy wrote:Stop whining and use the RVMI to integrate. No errors so far, still checking...
you think you're funny don't ya... wow...
I dont want to turn this in to a playground fight. So, I'm sorry for getting your back up. :)

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:29 pm

benjamminzIS wrote:

[ExtraFileEdits] 
<--- EDIT HERE ---> 
WBEMOC.inf|[Strings]|<NEXT>[SourceDisksNames]<NEXT>1="Windows XP SP3 CD/DVD-ROM","WIN51",,"i386"<NEXT><NEXT>[SourceDisksFiles]<NEXT>napclientprov.mof=1<NEXT>napclientschema.mof=1<NEXT><NEXT>[Strings]|1
<--- TO HERE --->
TO THIS:

hope this helps... I don't think nLite knows what to do with "<NEXT>" or any of that line actually... I copied the edits used in redxii's entries.ini...
Thank you kindly, sir. This did the trick. Now let's see how the addon itself fares when installing...

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Pistolero wrote:Thank you kindly, sir. This did the trick. Now let's see how the addon itself fares when installing...
glad I could help out a little...

bober101

Post by bober101 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:18 pm

so as i can see the wbem newly integrated fix to the pack is actually causing errors(memory hogging),is this right?
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:57 pm

bober101 wrote:so as i can see the wbem newly integrated fix to the pack is actually causing errors(memory hogging),is this right?
yeah, not sure why he went that route with it... nLite has no idea what to do with it when it gets to it. redxii's and mrnxdmx's way has been working, not sure why he didn't just stick to what works... maybe it was just an copy/paste error, or forgot to check it first for correct formatting... but anyways... just edit the lines I posted above and it works flawlessly... tested VMware, I removed netfx also because I use this pack with mrnxdmx's MCE addon pack and was just worried of issues...

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:20 pm

Onepiece is investigating and further testing.

I leave DL link in its place but in the meantime keep using RVMi

bober101

Post by bober101 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:19 am

well ill have to conclude, my experiances with the inf errors lately and my problems with ie7 not saving its "runonce html setup" looks to be caused by an adobe v9 t13 silent installer.
XP theme source patcher

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:09 am

bober101 wrote:well ill have to conclude, my experiances with the inf errors lately and my problems with ie7 not saving its "runonce html setup" looks to be caused by an adobe v9 t13 silent installer.
I'd wish it were that simple... I am having the same IE not saving its runonce settings and other problems, and I am not integrating any Adobe addons...

This was not he case with 1.34. Nonno Fabio, any chance onepiece's changes to the new versions IE bits could be somehow unfavorable to a correct install?

bober101

Post by bober101 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:55 am

well at 1st, i was sure it was the new ie7 hotfixes,but then when i tryed to run my tests without adobe reader 9,it was a success.so..ill try to re do my test and see if i can replicated my good results.

edit:ok so after more tests,it may be with NO dotnet aio addon that my tests were successful... more to come

well im sure now.adobe really was the problem.it does register reader activesx dll's so...maybe that was the trouble.
XP theme source patcher

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:47 am

too many problems due to RVMi and Nlite behavior with this release: let's take a breath... ;)

bober101

Post by bober101 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:10 am

heha,yeah.
XP theme source patcher

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:41 am

I have been doing more testing today, with many addons, and appart from the Adobe 9 issues, the only addon out of my list of about 95 that have gone wrong, is ENG2ITA_WINFLIP_050_ADDON.

This addon causes some kind of settings problem at the first desktop, as well as no IE and no Quicklaunch bar.

I'm still playing, and will report more if I find anything.

One thing I should add, is that .NET is disabled, as well as WGA in my version of this Update Pack. I have also replaced Onepiece's WBEM fix, with the one supplied by MrNxDmX, and that seems to work fine in the RVMI, as well as nLite.

All in all, this pack is now working very well.

bober101

Post by bober101 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:59 am

ENG2ITA_WINFLIP_050_ADDON
i can also confirm, i weeded it out a week ago.
XP theme source patcher

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:39 am

bober101 wrote:ENG2ITA_WINFLIP_050_ADDON
i can also confirm, i weeded it out a week ago.
Hey Bober, you have any other addons that you have found not to work?

bober101

Post by bober101 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:46 am

yeah umm 4ways desktop addon from wincert if im not mistaken.(or some other dektop manager addon)
XP theme source patcher

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:54 am

Nice one Bober. I am just waiting to see what is causing the runonce IE error. I am still testing this out. *EDIT* It was the Adobe 9 addon that caused the IE RunOnce error for me.

Also, I will be doing a bunch of XPtsc screenies for you soon.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:25 am

well, Update Pack is back, with no more .Net 1.x, temporarily removed waiting for a possible fix in next releases of Integrator and/or Nlite.

Thanks for feedbacks!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:35 am

benjamminzIS wrote:

[ExtraFileEdits] 
<--- EDIT HERE ---> 
<--- TO HERE --->
TO THIS:

First command is exactly the one Nlite uses now by default: furthermore a WBEM fix is absolutely unuseful if you use Nlite because it deletes every WBEM fix it finds and changes them with those ones.

In the 1.4.3. those command lines have been removed. They were added only because .Net 1.1 needed them but the update pack itself works flawlessly without a wbem fix, even for RVMi users
Last edited by nonno fabio on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

kontini

Post by kontini » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:19 am

Marsha

What is different??

Post by Marsha » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:37 am

Nonno,

Can you explain what is the difference between 1.4.1 and 1.4.3?

Will I have essentially the same .iso with either?

Marsha

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 am

well, there are 3 more hotfixes (see 1.4.2 changelog) and now DirectX will search only at first boot (not every boot) for .NET 1.x: when found (because you have put in your integration list a .NET 1.x or .NET AIO addon), the related Dlls will be registered; if not, it does nothing

techtype

Thanks

Post by techtype » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Thanks for leaving out the latest dotnet crap. I hope it will remain out, the pack works fine without it. In fact, IMHO the best version (1.31) was before adding any dotnet stuff at all. We can add the version/versions of dotnet that we prefer ourselves.
Dotnet has been the downfall of many packmakers.

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:13 pm

The best way is to make a separate addon for dotNet or one update pack with and one without dotNet.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:56 am

some news about Adobe 9 Reader issue which some of you described;
Probably Roguespear was right: it seems after 8 hours of testing that there is an incompatibility between Adobe 9 and one of these Microsoft hotfixes (KB887606, KB909520-v1, KB917275, KB944505, KB947460-v2, KB950478, KB953609).
Now we need to find the culprit...

EDIT: 8 hours wasted... :oops:
Last edited by nonno fabio on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

bober101

Post by bober101 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:38 am

its easy, till m$ fixes it ,adobe IS the culprit.
XP theme source patcher

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:20 am

mmm, Adobe is too big to arraign it: it's easier to remove the single MS hotfix ;)

bober101

Post by bober101 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:46 am

altho im prety sure its how they packaged their redist(adobe reader 9) and made it register files at a bad moment considering the way we integrated it to our setups.
XP theme source patcher

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:01 am

well, don't ask me why but it seems at this point if KB953609 request-only hotfix (included also in Ryan's Post-SP3 beta pack) is removed from UpdatePack files the Adobe 9 Reader issue disappears.

At this moment Onepiece is tired out by 10 hours of tests and 12 VM installations: later he'll keep on investigating

EDIT: :oops:
Last edited by nonno fabio on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.