Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:18 am

Deleted... My error, read my post below.
Last edited by Stimpy on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:07 am

nonno fabio wrote:ROTFL change the words "Adobe Reader installer" with "XP update Pack" and you got same identical phrase written by Onepiece
The difference would be that nobody using Ryan's Update Pack is having this issue in combination with my Adobe Reader installer. At least nobody has brought it to my attention and despite my best efforts I have not been able to recreate the problem with RVM's pack.

Considering that my Adobe Reader installer is not the only one with the problem when used with this update pack, I consider that to be further evidence in my favor. I'm not going to continue a back and forth on this. Mainly I'm responding here because I've got about a million things to do and I've spent a good deal of time working on this issue. Time that could be better spent on productive endeavors.

As I stated earlier, there is no problem with the RVM pack. If someone can document and definitively demonstrate that there is something that could be done to make the installer compatible with this pack (like perhaps Adobe did something wrong making their .msi), then let me know and I'll look into that angle.

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:57 am

Well I still get the .INF failure if I integrate this pack together with Reapers (Rouge Spear's I think) Adobe 9 Addon.

But my WiFi problems have gone. And the Wireless service starts, which is a big improvement over what was happening before. ***EDIT*** Please please disregard this... I have a bad addon that seems to be interfering with the WiFi Zero Service. I'm trying to track it down, as it's a strange problem!!!

I would also like to say that I'm not an expert, and maybe I did not make all the right modifications to Onepiece's pack.
Last edited by Stimpy on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

techtype

Getting older version 1.3.1

Post by techtype » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:03 am

As I suggested earlier version 1.3.1 predates the questionable hotfix:KB953609 and all the dotnet crap.

Here is a link:http://rapidshare.com/files/130632799/o ... nu.7z.html
Last edited by techtype on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:15 am

Nobody wants to put in discussion your huge work, Roguespear (you've forgotten to post the last phrase "j/k, please don't flame") and I regret of my suggestion some time ago to ask for some tips in addon topic too if this has caused you a waste of time.

Onepiece Update Pack was downloaded hundred and hundred of times and despite its apparent complexity works flawlessly with the majority of users. He has never seen any problem with any kind of addon until someone here tells that Onepiece pack causes errors. There's nothing entered by his Update Pack which runs at that step. That's why Onepiece said a similar phrase and this made me smile. It's all: he hasn't be able to recreate immediately the issue (he too got a lot of things to do) but when it was clear that the only one addon problem (amongst 86 working, said Stimpy) was with Adobe 9 reader addon he started a long test session to find what is the cause.
I've just said in my last post you were right : the cause seems to be a file from a request-only hotfix (or a bad combination of different hotfixes), as you said in the post you quote.

Thanks.
Last edited by nonno fabio on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:34 am

I think what I am trying to say is this - I am not the only person to release an Adobe Reader 9 installer (or addon) and they all seem to have an issue with this update pack. This would lead me to believe that one of three things is happening:
  1. Something is wrong with this update pack. With an update pack of an epic scale as this one it would be understandable, maybe even expected, for an error to creep in and require debugging.
  2. The inclusion of a particular request only hotfix that is interfering. I am not a fan of request only hotfixes and have the battle scars to prove they are sometimes more trouble than their worth. This, is to me, the most likely scenario.
  3. Adobe created their .msi based installer in some sort of way that is different and that makes it a bit more sensitive or prone to failure. This is certainly possible as Adobe tends to do things their own way and they may not have created the installer with the new version of Microsoft Windows Installer in mind.
I did not want to insinuate that I am "flaming" Onepiece. I did not read your previous posting as an attack on me or the quality of work that I put out. Perhaps I should have made an effort to make sure that was communicated in my previous post. Sometimes what is going through your head is not always clear when put down in the written word.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:44 am

Regarding Adobe - glad to see I'm not crazy.

Did anybody happen to test Rouge's installer WITHOUT the update pack from svcpack? I concur that adobe9 in general is messed up in RunOnceEx with this update pack, regardless of which adobe9 installer. But I noticed that I could not get it from svcpack either, on an untouched SP3 VLK! (You will need autoimage to integrate the installer to run from svcpack)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:04 am

RogueSpear wrote:Sometimes what is going through your head is not always clear when put down in the written word.
For me, it's even worse to let you understand my thought in a bad english... :( ;)

Thanks for your suggestions and the clarification.
Stimpy wrote: After deleting all references to KB953609 from OPMWXPUP.inf, I can at least confirm that the Wireless Zero Config Service now starts and works.
I re-read the entire topic and I can't found when you have posted about these WiFi issues...(I've found you have "issues with a lot of addons" and "only one addon which doesn't work in a total of 86" but not this ;) )

KB953609 is also in RyanVM post-SP3 beta pack: could you try an integration with it and then report if you have same problems?

EDIT:
Stimpy wrote:***EDIT*** Please please disregard this... I have a bad addon that seems to be interfering with the WiFi Zero Service. I'm trying to track it down, as it's a strange problem!!!
:)
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:08 am

Sorry Nonno Fabio!

When you use a lot of addons, (I use nearly 90) it leaves the door open for the kind of problems I'm getting. But I always try to figure the problems out, and sometimes post before I have checked enough!!!

My appologies if I wasted your time with the WZC Service issue.

techtype

Re: Getting older version 1.3.1

Post by techtype » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 am

techtype wrote:As I suggested earlier version 1.3.1 predates the questionable hotfix:KB953609 and all the dotnet crap.

Interestingly Rouge's Adobe does not work with that one either from svcpack, but it does not cause the inf or IE7 errors. It just says it's installed incorrectly.
Last edited by techtype on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:06 pm

techtype wrote:
techtype wrote:As I suggested earlier version 1.3.1 predates the questionable hotfix:KB953609 and all the dotnet crap.

Interestingly Rouge's Adobe does not work with that one either from svcpack, but it does not cause the inf or IE7 errors.
Could you please test that Rougue's adobe9 from svcpack with NOTHING else? Just a plain SP3 ISO?

techtype

Post by techtype » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Fragbert wrote:
techtype wrote:

Interestingly Rouge's Adobe does not work with that one either from svcpack, but it does not cause the inf or IE7 errors.
Could you please test that Rougue's adobe9 from svcpack with NOTHING else? Just a plain SP3 ISO?
See Rouge's post above -- it works with Ryan's pack.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:38 pm

techtype wrote:
Fragbert wrote:
techtype wrote: Interestingly Rouge's Adobe does not work with that one either from svcpack, but it does not cause the inf or IE7 errors.
Have YOU personally affirmed this?

techtype

Post by techtype » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Fragbert wrote:
techtype wrote:
Fragbert wrote: Could you please test that Rougue's adobe9 from svcpack with NOTHING else? Just a plain SP3 ISO?
Have YOU personally affirmed this?
The short answer is no. The long answer is that RogueSpear has been around a long time, his word is more than good enough for me.

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:05 pm

So, Nonno Fabio and onepiece, what is the deal with the "Advanced INF Install" showstopper on both this pack and the Windows 2003 one?

Thanks!

Bhishmar

Post by Bhishmar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Stimpy wrote:I have to say that I saw this dot net addition coming. im not sure about its inclusion. I think dot net 1.1 is old, out of date, not needed as 2.0 is backwards compatible, and much better in general, as well as the fact that what the hell is coded to run only with 1.1 these days? And did I mention, slow, buggy, oh and a resource hog.
techtype wrote:Thanks for leaving out the latest dotnet crap. I hope it will remain out, the pack works fine without it. In fact, IMHO the best version (1.31) was before adding any dotnet stuff at all. We can add the version/versions of dotnet that we prefer ourselves. Dotnet has been the downfall of many packmakers.
Outbreaker wrote:The best way is to make a separate addon for dotNet or one update pack with and one without dotNet.
I know that it is ultimately the prerogative of OnePiece/NonoFabio to decide what to be & not to be included in their updatepack. But I would also like to say here that I subscribe to the views, expressed above by Stimpy, Techtype & Outbreaker, a view shared by many others in these forums. So I would humbly request OnePiece/Nono's consideration to accomodate this request if possible. (Separate AIO-Updatepacks with/without .net OR a separate addon for .net)
That is when he decides to re-include .NET later.
regards

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:29 pm

techtype wrote:
The short answer is no.
I am asking that SOMEBODY please verify what I have been saying since the release of the Adobe9 that is does not install at T-13 - without anything else.

Nobody has comfirmed or denied, it should be simple.

I can not get it to work with a MSDN SP3 VLK. I posted on his forum and nobody has confirmed either.

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Fragbert wrote:
techtype wrote:
The short answer is no.
I am asking that SOMEBODY please verify what I have been saying since the release of the Adobe9 that is does not install at T-13 - without anything else.

I can not get it to work with a MSDN SP3 VLK. I posted on his forum and nobody has confirmed either.
I can confirm that I have to install Adobe 9 from RunOnce as T-13 doesn't install it. It's never worked, even with version 8 and the old post-SP2 RVM update pack.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:33 pm

Pistolero wrote:
Fragbert wrote:
techtype wrote:
The short answer is no.

I can confirm that I have to install Adobe 9 from RunOnce as T-13 doesn't install it. It's never worked, even with version 8 and the old post-SP2 RVM update pack.
THANK YOU.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:39 pm

Fragbert wrote:
Pistolero wrote:It's never worked, even with version 8 and the old post-SP2 RVM update pack.
THANK YOU.
I'm sorry, but unless you're also having problems with Adobe Reader 8 under SP2 then I don't believe this validates anything.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:44 pm

RogueSpear wrote:
Fragbert wrote:
Pistolero wrote:It's never worked, even with version 8 and the old post-SP2 RVM update pack.
THANK YOU.
I'm sorry, but unless you're also having problems with Adobe Reader 8 under SP2 then I don't believe this validates anything.
A very simple request then, it should take no longer than 15min. Integrate your reader9 installer w/ autoimage on an otherwise untouched SP3 VLK and see what happens.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:50 pm

I already supplied you with a sample configuration that is working for me. And it is only one of roughly two dozen that I have made so far. Have you tried it?

I don't want to be difficult here but you're the one who is having this problem, not me. Why don't you try a config that works for me and give it a go. I'm sincerely not in the mood to make an install source and let it run it's course just for the sake of doing it. When I provide technical consultation outside of my main employer, I charge $100/hour (cash) to $150/hour (on the books).

Feel free to post your config and log files over in my Reader thread.

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Just in case anybody is interested... I fixed the issue I was having with the Wireless Zero Config Service refusing to start...

The addon that causes the problem is ENU_User's BVProSvcDescriptions_v1.4a_SP3. I don't know if this behaviour is intentional or not, but removing this addon restores the normal behaviour of the WZC Service, and my WiFi connection, every time!

With this addon installed, I am unable to start the service. It comes up with an error stating that there is no device connected to this service, even though the WiFi card is installed, and the service set to Automatic.

So now, appart from the Adobe 9 addon problem, I can say that this version of Onepiece's update pack works fine. (1.4.3)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Onepiece is working on his update pack: he will find a solution for sure, he's so stubborn...but unfortunately no news until Monday (GMT) because tomorrow I have a 2-days journey in the Alps (lot of hiking!)

However you can keep on chatting about pack issues and maybe somebody finds which is the cause of advanced .inf errors before Onepiece himself!

See you here ;)

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Have a good time, and enjoy the hike!

bober101

Post by bober101 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:10 pm

all i have to say is:
seems KB953609 is causing the inf error if a user integrates adobe read 9 to their setup.
no matter who's addon it is,their all made the same so that has absolutely no differences.
i have tested them at t13 and runonceexe and it dosent make any difference.
the only difference is to NOT include adobe reader.

aslo:
KB953609 seems to be a hotfix for wireless issues.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:48 pm

i have built iso's with all 3 packs (onepiece, ryan, redxii).
i used all of the same addons that i usually use includeing rougespears .net1.1 and .net2 installers at t13, adobe9....
it is correct to say that the onepiece pack has some issues
as described in this thread while there have been none on
my side testing the other 2 post sp3 update packs.
i would tend to think that with all of the KB's included in onepieces pack
as well wmp11 and IE7 some issues can arise. give some time and
i'm sure things will work out. if you have no time there are many choices
that can be used available on this forum.

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:29 am

RogueSpear wrote:
Fragbert wrote:
THANK YOU.
RogueSpear... nothing but respect for your mad pimp skillz and your knowledge, vastly more complete than mine. I don't doubt your non-eventual experience with your Adobe addon even for a second.

I must say that the Adobe 8 addon that caused me grief was that of Rado354, ditto for Adobe 9 (not his fault at all, though). For the past few months I have been installing the Adobe readers from RunOnce, as I firmly believe that Adobe's idea of an installer is like my idea of a new religion for the worship of the one and only true god, Harpo Marx: not a very good one, to say the least :shock:

My experience, however, rather than showstoppers, is that the app doesn't install at all from T-13, no matter what order I choose to integrate it with nLite.

Thank you for letting me clarify my previous statement.

BigBrit

Post by BigBrit » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:51 am

A new member here but a long time member and tester on the DriverPacks forum. Just to let you know I used the latest versions of Onepiece's Post SP3 addon and his IE7 with Nlite, Winaddons and Driverpacks plus about 50 other addons.

Had a fully successful install, clean Device Manager and all apps work. I used Autopatcher afterwards and it installs Adobe 9 and other patches I use.
(still have the INF error with the Adobe 9 addon)

To RyanVM, Onepiece and all the other guys who write and test these fantastic programs, thank you, you save me hours of work every day.

Great work you guys.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:11 am

so many, many hotfix tests for nothing: we put the blame on one of them but it was innocent.

Someone already said something about (Bober101 and/or Pistolero, etc.): simply Adobe Reader installed at T-13 blocks the IE7 reg which fixed IE7 runonce issue, pointed out by Siginet some time ago.

So unless you prefer to have this problem back, if you want to add Adobe Reader at your source together with Onepiece's UpdatePack you must execute a switchless installer from Runonceex.cmd or use an Adobe 9 Reader RunOnceEx Addon like this one

I hope this will end the long Advanced Inf Error story...

@stimpy: thanks, done ;)

@user_hidden: you're right: other Update Packs don't have a built-in IE7, unfortunately for us ;)

@BigBrit: you're welcome.

P.S. yesterday I was here in Gran Paradiso N.P., Aosta Valley :cry:
Last edited by nonno fabio on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:28 am

Pistolero wrote: RogueSpear... nothing but respect for your mad pimp skillz and your knowledge, vastly more complete than mine. I don't doubt your non-eventual experience with your Adobe addon even for a second.

I must say that the Adobe 8 addon that caused me grief was that of Rado354, ditto for Adobe 9 (not his fault at all, though). For the past few months I have been installing the Adobe readers from RunOnce, as I firmly believe that Adobe's idea of an installer is like my idea of a new religion for the worship of the one and only true god, Harpo Marx: not a very good one, to say the least :shock:

My experience, however, rather than showstoppers, is that the app doesn't install at all from T-13, no matter what order I choose to integrate it with nLite.

Thank you for letting me clarify my previous statement.
I never had any issue with Rogue’s Adobe Reader installers @ T-13 till v9. You need to use AutoImage to integrate them @ T-13, if you try to use nlite or rvmi they simply won't integrate. Also, you need certain C++ runtimes for Adobe to operate. The installers will still work, but you will get an error if you try to run the reader without those runtimes.

The specific issue with his v9 release was a XP/Win2K svcpack compatibility issue (which rouge has now acknowledged). The issue is "fixed" if you use Ryan’s updatepack because the pack automatically fixes the svcpack glitch, however the glitch will still occur if you use oncepiece or redixx's SP3 updatepacks, or just don’t use an updatepack altogether. It is important to note that every other current release of Rogue's multimode installers do not have the glitch and install fine.

For over a week Rogue accused me of having a bad source or I was simply incompetent because I was persistent in maintaining my position that the Adobe9 installer had a bug - and it was easy to test by just integrating the installer to a SP3 source with nothing else (to eliminate all variables). When Rogue finally tested and saw the issue, admitting there was a problem in the adobe thread on his forum, he became very angry at me(?) and stated that if I find a problem with his work in the future to go bother somebody else about it. I kept the conversation civil, but he then blew corks out of his neck, slew personal insults at me (called me a retard) and then banned me from his forum because I was "aggravating". This whole mess was aggravating, but I don't think I deserved to be blamed for all of it. Also, being accused of incompetence or having a bad source when all along I was correct in proclaiming a bug existed is quite aggravating as well.

So be it, sorry for hijacking this thread. Just putting it out there that you'll need to use a runonceex solution for Adobe9 for this pack and that the multimode installer simply will not run @ T-13 unless you use Ryan’s updatepack instead of this one.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:53 am

You asked for help. I offered you a working configuration which you ignored for close to a week. The bug in my program has nothing to do with mine or anyone else's Adobe Reader installer. The bug in my program would affect any of my installer used in the way you suggest.

Here is what made me blow my stack - you asked for help and I offered it. You then ignored it, went around bloviating a bunch of misleading and false information to anybody who would listen. And all the while something so simple like using a different update was apparently too much trouble for you. Instead you begged anyone within earshot to conduct a set of tests to your specifications - when YOU are the one having the problems.

Like I stated over at my place - find someone else to listen to your problems because I sure won't anymore. God forgives, I don't.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 am

RogueSpear wrote:You asked for help. I offered you a working configuration which you ignored for close to a week. The bug in my program has nothing to do with mine or anyone else's Adobe Reader installer. The bug in my program would affect any of my installer used in the way you suggest.

Here is what made me blow my stack - you asked for help and I offered it. You then ignored it, went around bloviating a bunch of misleading and false information to anybody who would listen. And all the while something so simple like using a different update was apparently too much trouble for you. Instead you begged anyone within earshot to conduct a set of tests to your specifications - when YOU are the one having the problems.

Like I stated over at my place - find someone else to listen to your problems because I sure won't anymore. God forgives, I don't.
Sorry you are flat out wrong! The bug is only present in your Reader9. Not in ANY other installer! I've said this from the beggining that no other installer of yours had a T-13 bug and have the test runs to prove it in a variety of configurations including this update pack.

So riddle me this - the svcpack compatability issue with Reader9 is by design? And by your own admission, "the false and misleading information" turned out to be not so false and misleading eh?

Food for thought.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:11 am

I guess you don't read so carefully no matter what forum it's on. I'm not doing your homework anymore. And I'm not polluting this thread any further. You may get the last word here, but you will still be wrong.

Signing out...

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:16 am

RogueSpear wrote:I guess you don't read so carefully no matter what forum it's on. I'm not doing your homework anymore. And I'm not polluting this thread any further. You may get the last word here, but you will still be wrong.

Signing out...
And your reader still has a bug I discovered and you acknowledge.

Sorry, I'm NOT wrong - and you say *I* have a reading comprehension problem?

Hilarious.

pen25jf

Post by pen25jf » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:24 am

:!: :::goes to teacher::: Ryan, Ryan!!!!

It's not a mortgage crisis, cancer, or gasoline - it's an update pack.

Relax.... find you're neutral space, it'll pass... anyone knows where that's from get's an imaginary $5 :D

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:02 pm

So what if AR9 doesn't install at T-13, it installs fine from ROE. Lots of SFX installers refuse to run from T-13. I don't see the problem. Why not use WPI like I do. It's brilliant!

My father (and I) has a saying: Someone who asks for (and receives) good advice, but refuses to listen and instead follows their own path to ruin; is branded a fool.

BTW, Thanks for this great updatepack Nonno & Onepiece! :D
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

bober101

Post by bober101 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:31 pm

my experiances state that ROE will not work cause the inf error appears right after,so one would have to delay in the same way explained here(just change dot net aido.exe by adobe reader:

bober101 wrote:....
*1; copy the dotnet aio exe in the $OEM$ folder in the root dir of ure winxp folder,then edit winnt.sif and add the exe here;
winnt.sif:

Code: Select all

[GUIRunOnce]
    %WINDIR%\dotnetaio.exe
OR

**2; you can do this so the install is delayed even more(after logon once you see the desktop)like this:
copy the dotnet aio exe along with urebatch.bat in the $OEM$ folder in the root dir of ure winxp folder,then edit winnt.sif and add ure batch file to launch the dotnet.exe later like this;

winnt.sif:

[GUIRunOnce]
    %WINDIR%\urebatch.bat
urebatch.bat:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"dotnetaio"="C:\\windows\\dotnetaio.exe"
XP theme source patcher

XIII

Post by XIII » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:43 am

pen25jf wrote:Relax.... find you're neutral space, it'll pass... anyone knows where that's from get's an imaginary $5 :D
According to Google and the IMDB: the movie "Withnail & I" from 1987.

You can send them the virtual $5 I guess... :lol:
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:24 am

bober101 wrote:my experiances state that ROE will not work cause the inf error appears right after,so one would have to delay ...
please, try the Adobe ROE Addon linked above. It would execute at the latest stage of ROE.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:52 am

Fragbert wrote:And your reader still has a bug I discovered and you acknowledge.

Sorry, I'm NOT wrong - and you say *I* have a reading comprehension problem?

Hilarious.
better to be thought a fool... :rolleyes:
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

pen25jf

Post by pen25jf » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:37 am

XIII wrote:
pen25jf wrote:Relax.... find you're neutral space, it'll pass... anyone knows where that's from get's an imaginary $5 :D
According to Google and the IMDB: the movie "Withnail & I" from 1987.

You can send them the virtual $5 I guess... :lol:

You're supposed to have WATCHED the movie!!! Best movie ever!! :D

Off topic, but thought it would calm the thread down, Nice one XIII :wink:

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:03 am

nonno fabio wrote:
bober101 wrote:my experiances state that ROE will not work cause the inf error appears right after,so one would have to delay ...
please, try the Adobe ROE Addon linked above. It would execute at the latest stage of ROE.
A sure fire way of using a preferred Adobe9 addon is to have it install in an additional ROE script (A 2nd automatic reboot).

- The Fool

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:51 am

After 4 :shock: pages of discussion, I'm a little bored with Adobe Reader.
Now that the Adobe/IE7 .Inf issue is identified and can be solved in different ways, is there something else? I read somewhere in this too long thread that "the pack has some issues" but I remember only this one.

msdemich

Post by msdemich » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 pm

I'm a big fan on this UpdatePack.

But like Stimpy et. al. I would prefer the .NET Framework 1.1 be SEPARATE from the UpdatePack because I don't need it or the 10MB of room it takes on a CD.

Thanks for all your work! :)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:12 am

I have almost convinced him to leave it as a separate addon. ;)
Making lots of addons he understands it would be handy having a working .net before T-13, even if it's 1.1. Furthermore he affirms some Windows Live applications need still .net 1.x.
Please note that very often, if you don't delete it, Dotnet stuff is already in XP CDs inside DOTNETFX or CMPNENTS/NETFX folders (and takes room ;) )

Bhishmar

Post by Bhishmar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:28 pm

I am confused as to the status of this UpdatePack (1.4.3) after such a loo.ng thread. What are the pending issues with this pack, when used with RVM-inetgrator-1.5.3? if any
- Can some experts here enlighten.
  • a. Is the Wbem-SP3 (MrNxDmX) Fix still required?
    b. Adobe Reader 9 addon, is the only issue (incompatibility)?
    c. Any other known addon issue?
It will be good if some expert can summarize here.
regards.

bober101

Post by bober101 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:28 pm

the wbem fix IS included,and with the arrival of new nlite 1.4.8,the fix in entries.ini should now work properly(havint tested).
adobe reader 9 seems to be the only other issue at the time being.
XP theme source patcher

msdemich

Post by msdemich » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:46 pm

UpdatePack 1.4.3 works well for me with RVMi 1.53.
I use this with RVMi:
  • OEM Home and Pro SP2 as source.
  • Slipstream SP3 and 143 updatepack
  • Several addons including Kels litepack and Control Panel, some of Rick's stuff
  • Several SVCPACK addons like RogueSpear's runtimes, Glary utilities, KeePass, etc.
Then I run nLite on the build, then driverpacks on top of that.

I've used this build successfully through muiltiple installs on several different machines including VMs, laptops, and desktops. Everything seems to work like it should.

Bhishmar

Post by Bhishmar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 am

Thanks bober101 & msdemich for your feedback.
bober101 wrote:the wbem fix IS included, and with the arrival of new nlite 1.4.8,the fix in entries.ini should now work properly(havint tested).
adobe reader 9 seems to be the only other issue at the time being.
bober101: I just saw the changelog last line in the first post. It says wbem fix is not there in this 1.4.3 pack.
nono fabio wrote:1.4.3-080717: temporarily removed Microsoft .NET Framework waiting for Siginet and/or Nuhi fix releases; removed no more needed RVMi WBEM fix
regards