Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
bober101

Post by bober101 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:48 am

my bad,didint realise v1.4.3 was released.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

msdemich

Post by msdemich » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:26 pm

nono fabio wrote:1.4.3-080717: temporarily removed Microsoft .NET Framework waiting for Siginet and/or Nuhi fix releases; removed no more needed RVMi WBEM fix
I think that just means that the updatepack, by itself, doesn't need the WBEM fix; you can integrate and install the updatepack without introducing the 'file missing' issue. However, if you integrate other addons, you may need to integrate the WBEM fix with them.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Yes, it's true but only if you're using RVM Integrator, because Nlite gets rid of WBEM fix addons, and only for a short time: Siginet is already updating his Integrator
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:25 pm

Stimpy wrote:Just in case anybody is interested... I fixed the issue I was having with the Wireless Zero Config Service refusing to start...

The addon that causes the problem is ENU_User's BVProSvcDescriptions_v1.4a_SP3. I don't know if this behaviour is intentional or not...
I just stumbled on this
for you & any one else experiencing the same looking for a quick fix
try making some entries_.ini with the following contents:

Code: Select all

[general]
title        = XPSDHPID fix attempt
version      = 0.1

[extrafileedits]
XPSDHPID.inf|0001","PreferenceOrder",0x10001,01|0001","PreferenceOrder",0x10001,00|1
XPSDHPID.inf|0002","PreferenceOrder",0x10001,00|0002","PreferenceOrder",0x10001,01|1
this will cause the "defaults" load of services at machine start\boot instead of "Safe" preset which has a few services disabled = set to (current)

integrating this after the mentioned addon!

if this doesn't fix it I'll look into cleaning the inf file some extra more & a test in hand ...

if it does fix .., in dependencies some service is supposed to be running
then, I'll look how to bypass the problem with an update ;)

TIA

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:45 pm

I found another bug: SHIFT-RIGHT-CLICK RUN AS doesn't work on Admin Tools (nothing happens)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:28 am

@Pistolero:
Could you post a screenshot?
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:56 am

well I'm not sure if it is this pack or not... but I am having issues with CPU load getting stuck at 50% from time to time... can't ever seem to "cause" it, it just happens when it feels like it seems... i thought it was related to adding/removing PnP devices at first... but have since determined it is NOT that... also when I open task manager it shows system idle process is @ 95%-98% cpu... (ie: only 5-2% actual cpu load according to win task manager...) but when I open sysinternals process explorer it shows that "Deferred Procedure Calls" is what is eating the cpu time up... and attempting to "restart" or anything of that nature that particular item just causes the system to freeze completely... going to test with redxii's and ryanvm's packs to see if I get any different results...
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:59 am

nonno fabio wrote:@Pistolero:
Could you post a screenshot?
Well, that's the thing... nothing happens :-(

Very easy to repro:

Install the W2k3 SP2 AdminPak MSI and then try to SHIFT-RIGHT-CLICK RUN AS on any of the installed snap-ins. Nothing will happen. However, please note that it works as advertised on the built-in admin tools.

Onichan

Different download loaction?

Post by Onichan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Could anybody please put the latests update pack on a different site like qsave please?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:06 am

@Onichan: http://ifile.it/uvemsl9

However Sharebee means Rapidshare/Megaupload/zShare/Badongo: probably is not enough... ;)
Last edited by nonno fabio on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:34 am

benjamminzIS wrote:well I'm not sure if it is this pack or not... but I am having issues with CPU load getting stuck at 50% from time to time... can't ever seem to "cause" it, it just happens when it feels like it seems... i thought it was related to adding/removing PnP devices at first... but have since determined it is NOT that... also when I open task manager it shows system idle process is @ 95%-98% cpu... (ie: only 5-2% actual cpu load according to win task manager...) but when I open sysinternals process explorer it shows that "Deferred Procedure Calls" is what is eating the cpu time up... and attempting to "restart" or anything of that nature that particular item just causes the system to freeze completely... going to test with redxii's and ryanvm's packs to see if I get any different results...
UPDATE: REBUILT INSTALLATION CD using ryan's post sp3 and exactly the same settings / addons / component removals as I used with OnePiece's update pack... except I did not integrate/slipstream IE7 or WMP11... so far I am having zero issues with cpu load... I will report back in another day or so after some more testing... next I will rebuild using, if I can find one (pm me if you know where one is), a switchless IE7+updates installer from t-13 (if possible) and will slipstream wmp11 via boooggy and see if I get the problems back or not.
Last edited by benjamminzIS on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 am

Thanks for your testing, benjamminzIS: if it isn't IE7 I guess it won't be easy to find the request-only hotfix which causes an issue shown only by Process Explorer from time to time :(

Onichan

Thanks

Post by Onichan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:17 pm

Thank you very much nonno fabio it seems like sharebee is the only file sharing site thats blocked here.

XIII

Post by XIII » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 pm

This week I have been installing XP on my new PC using this update pack. After several days of work I discovered that my Philips ShoqBox PSS231 (an MTP MP3 player) was not recognized by this installation. XP could not find some driver files and kept discovering it as a new device (for which the drivers could not be found)... (even when XP was still searching the drivers, the device was already discovered again!)

I seem to have worked around that by taking the WMP11 update pack from the same author; after unpacking the contents, installing wmdm.inf + wpdmtp.inf + wpdmtphw.inf (by right clicking on these files and selecting the menu option "install"), and a reboot, my device was discovered again, but this time drivers were installed and I could actually use it!

Is this safe what I did? I'd rather not re-install everything again (several days of work), but I prefer a stable system (normally I test all my HW first in a new install, but my focus was now on the new PC stuff, not on some old device that worked in the past).
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:23 am

Yes, it's safe right-clicking those .inf files and choosing Install because... they do nothing. ;)
They don't contains an executable section like [DefaultInstall] o [DefaultInstall.Services]; Wmdm.inf is is called by Syssetup.inf during setup; the other infs are used by Windows only when needed but all of them are passive.

XIII

Post by XIII » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:01 pm

nonno fabio wrote:Yes, it's safe right-clicking those .inf files and choosing Install because... they do nothing. ;)
Then how can this solve my problem? (it did!)

I believe at least the first mentioned inf registered some DLL's.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:40 am

if you could create a new XP CD with Onepiece XP Update Pack changing (before the .iso) the default WMDM.in_ with this one:

WMDM.in_
http://ifile.it/mg8jyo4
Hash MD5 DE7D58D6AD099ED427525D1443F766CD

install again Windows (you could save an image of your actual installation and restore it after done...) and then report if you have problems again with your MP3 player, this would be very helpful

XIII

Post by XIII » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Quite busy installing my new PC at the moment.

If I find a free moment, I will try it on a spare partition and let you know the results.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:35 am

thank you very much, XIII

XIII

Post by XIII » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:45 pm

In fact the test just finished! Unsuccessfully I'm afraid, although we may be a step closer to the solution...

When I plug in the device I get these errors in a popup:

Cannot Install this Hardware
There was a problem installing this hardware:
MTP device
An error occurred during the installation of the device
The specified service does not exist as an installed service
The last line is interesting though! I did not remove any components with nLite (1.4.8 - current), but I do disable a few services. However, my production system is installed using the same disc (except for your new wmdm.in_ file of course) and there I did not need to re-enable any services to get the device to work using the workaround I posted before...

Any ideas?

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:37 pm

XIII wrote:In fact the test just finished! Unsuccessfully I'm afraid, although we may be a step closer to the solution...

When I plug in the device I get these errors in a popup:

MTP device
The specified service does not exist as an installed service
The last line is interesting though! I did not remove any components with nLite (1.4.8 - current), but I do disable a few services. However, my production system is installed using the same disc (except for your new wmdm.in_ file of course) and there I did not need to re-enable any services to get the device to work using the workaround I posted before...

Any ideas?
Did you slipstream any drivers? If you did, did you use any DriverPacks? If you used any driverpacks, did you include any 3rd party packs?

I had this exact same issue before, and it was caused by a 3rd party driver pack...

Hope this helps!

XIII

Post by XIII » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:30 am

Pistolero wrote:Did you slipstream any drivers? If you did, did you use any DriverPacks? If you used any driverpacks, did you include any 3rd party packs?

I had this exact same issue before, and it was caused by a 3rd party driver pack...
Yes, I integrated several drivers (the most recent Intel Inf, Intel SATA/RAID, ATI display, DELL monitor, Realtek audio and network drivers).

No driver packs; just unpacked drivers downloaded from the manufacturers site and integrated them via selecting their INF file in nLite.

bober101

Post by bober101 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:26 am

Pistolero, what was this 3rd party pack?
XP theme source patcher

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:09 pm

bober101 wrote:Pistolero, what was this 3rd party pack?

DP_Input_wnt5_x86-32_60929.7z
DP_Misc_wnt5_x86-32_612.7z
DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_612.7z
DP_WebCam_wnt5_x86-32_61209.7z

However, this time my problem was the same as XIII's. Nonno Fabio, any chance to get this fixed for the next pack?

Chironz

Post by Chironz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:10 am

XIII's, I have the same problem with my Creative Zen 8GB MP4 Player,
I Can't Install it properly...

And One other thing is on my internet explorer...
http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx (this is for the first time I run IE right?)
I'm getting stuck here...
It says Done But with errors on the page. so it doesnt save my settings on ie...

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:13 am

Pistolero wrote:
bober101 wrote:Pistolero, what was this 3rd party pack?

DP_Input_wnt5_x86-32_60929.7z
DP_Misc_wnt5_x86-32_612.7z
DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_612.7z
DP_WebCam_wnt5_x86-32_61209.7z

However, this time my problem was the same as XIII's. Nonno Fabio, any chance to get this fixed for the next pack?
mmm...it's really hard because WMP .inf files are the same identical as the one from MS.
However we can try: he who had those MP3 players issues would try a new install using a clean XP SP3 CD with Onepiece UpdatePack only integrated with RVMi (not Nlite) and then report if MTP issues are here again.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:05 am

benjamminzIS wrote:UPDATE: REBUILT INSTALLATION CD using ryan's post sp3 and exactly the same settings / addons / component removals as I used with OnePiece's update pack... except I did not integrate/slipstream IE7 or WMP11... so far I am having zero issues with cpu load... I will report back in another day or so after some more testing... next I will rebuild using, if I can find one (pm me if you know where one is), a switchless IE7+updates installer from t-13 (if possible) and will slipstream wmp11 via boooggy and see if I get the problems back or not.
Sorry for the lapse in time getting back here... have had a hectic week or so... not much time for myself... sleep deprived... anyways... I spoke too soon apparently, as I am still having issues with CPU load getting stuck @ 50%, but now it is with redxii's update pack and my usual addons a couple of those I have updated to latest versions available... but nothing else really has changed in that list... I did however notice that after going to redxii's and not including a ie7 or wmp11 addon/slipstream that I had forgotten to remove the "Window Media Player" folder I had under the $OEM$\$Programs that automatically copied over the wmplayer.exe from boooggy's slipstream that has the custom icon and also some custom skins for wmp11... I doubt this would be causing the random CPU load locks, as I never use wmp... windows would NEVER do something stupid like that!?!?!?!111!! haha...

I am going to rebuild and live install one last time now that I have removed that folder and written into my finisher.bat a check for wmp11 and for those files to be copied over only if wmp11 is present.

nonno, I will try rebuilding with the other pack you sent me.

I will report back as soon as I have done a live install and some further testing... If this issue is still present I am at a loss as in how to determine what on earth would be causing it...

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:19 am

hmmm.... tried reinstalling wmp... and now after some heavy load testing I can't get it to lock up or get stuck @ 50%... will keep trying... maybe it was just because of that dumb mistake of copying wmplayer.exe (from wmp11) over top of the wmp9 exe... jeeez... I'm feeling like a tard right now... hopefully this is it... I don't feel like reinstalling again if I don't have too... crossing fingers now!

Roland702

Post by Roland702 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 am

Ok, WGA removal for this pack does not work no matter what I do :(. Followed inf instructions as in the fist post and when I try to integrate the pack when I've re-packed it has a 7z using 7zip, nLite thinks it's a unsupported file. I'm using XP Corporate and making a new image build to use around work so a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Pistolero

Post by Pistolero » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Roland702 wrote:Ok, WGA removal for this pack does not work no matter what I do :(. Followed inf instructions as in the fist post and when I try to integrate the pack when I've re-packed it has a 7z using 7zip, nLite thinks it's a unsupported file. I'm using XP Corporate and making a new image build to use around work so a solution would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure you are not packing the folder where the files are in the path... in other words, do not right-click on the top folder, but select all it contents and do the compression there.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Pistolero wrote:Make sure you are not packing the folder where the files are in the path... in other words, do not right-click on the top folder, but select all it contents and do the compression there.
yeah this is most likely your problem... I have made the same mistake before... unlike compression bin where you select the top folder, with 7z you select all the contents IN the folder then pack.

benjamminzIS

Post by benjamminzIS » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:47 pm

A further update on my situation is, that after installing WMP11 after realizing that I had overwritten wmp9's wmplayer.exe with one from wmp11 (boooggy's custom icon version) I have done quite a bit of load testing and haven't experienced any CPU Time lockups due to "Deferred Procedure Calls." "normally" in the time since I have installed wmp11 I would have had this problem occur at least 3-4 times per day... so the fact I haven't had to restart my computer in 2 days, just to get back CPU time is really nice.

going to let it go a couple more days before I claim it to be actually "cured."

laddanator

Windows File Protection

Post by laddanator » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:40 pm

Just wondering been using this pack for awhile and last night I tried to install a printer got this message,(this is the first time I tried to install 3rd party equipment)
Windows File Protection: Please insert the Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 CD and click OK

and then loaded PRO got the same message with both the printer and webcam,if you hit ok says the files being copied or older than whats on the machine,seem to only get this message when installing drivers.

Using a clean sp3 oem disc from microsoft left out all my addons and just using this pack

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Do you have remove drivers with nLite ?

laddanator

Nlite driver

Post by laddanator » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:32 pm

Do you have remove drivers with nLite ?

Sorry,you know what good thinking I have two source folders I use for each(Home,Pro)one is clean,one is slimdown with nlite,removed some drivers
didnt even think about that,ok now next question is their a fix for that or just not remove drivers with nlite.

Thanks Outbreaker

bober101

Post by bober101 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Chironz wrote:...
And One other thing is on my internet explorer...
http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx (this is for the first time I run IE right?)
I'm getting stuck here...
It says Done But with errors on the page. so it doesn't save my settings on ie...
Ive had this issue, read back on the older posts, but it was from adobe reader,think its the explorer plugin if i remember right, ive gotten rid of it and am using foxit instead less load/faster no updater crap.
XP theme source patcher

catbert

Could it be possible to manually remove the IE7 component?

Post by catbert » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:39 am

This service pack is great, but IE7 is repulsive enough for me to go through the pain of not slipstreaming just to avoid it. Is there a way that I can manually remove IE7 from the package? I'd really appreciate any help on that.

Thanks!

Izen

Post by Izen » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 pm

WMP 11 and DX9 is update on dowmload center

XIII

Post by XIII » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:07 pm

Izen wrote:WMP 11 and DX9 is update on dowmload center
I installed that WMP11 and it has a lower version number than the one in this pack, while it did not offer any updates after installation...

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Hello to all, Nonno Fabbio and on holiday, so here's the link, wait for more information returning Nonno Fabbio (after about 10 days).

OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v1.5.0_ENU.part1.rar 31.9 MB
http://tgtbcw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p ... r?download

OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v1.5.0_ENU.part2.rar 31.8 MB
http://tgtbcw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p ... r?download

OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v1.5.0_ENU.7z 63.8 MB
Hash MD5 97305BE9571EC61C341A0BB59076ADC8

v1.5.0
Add: KB889333-IE7, KB942213, KB945015-v2, KB945060-v3, KB946648, KB947100, KB948698, KB950820, KB950974, KB951066, KB951072-v2, KB951531-v2, KB951618-v2, KB952954, KB953546, KB953838-IE7, KB953839, KB953929, KB953930, KB953955, KB954193, KB954494, KB954708, KB954956, KB955109, KB955417, KB95557,
Update: Microsoft Silverlight v1.0.30716.0, Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool v2.1, Directx August

Remove: KB945060, KB946554, KB950759-IE7, KB951618, KB951072, KB946666

bober101

Post by bober101 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:53 pm

thx,will test.
XP theme source patcher

galileo

Post by galileo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:05 pm

@OnePiece Alb

CRC Checksum fails on Part2..... :(

(download 3 times....same error)

EDIT: User Error on my part....works fine...but, more importantly...THANK YOU !!!

(although this particular release does appear to be a "TwoPiece" sort of thing.......LOL..... :P
Last edited by galileo on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

bober101

Post by bober101 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:09 pm

both parts get rebuilt fine here and resulting 7z matches given md5.
XP theme source patcher

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:26 am

Many thanks for the update!

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:46 pm

uppon fresh instal ie7 points to this link to do its runonces setup:
http://www.msn.com/404.aspx?aspxerrorpa ... once2.aspx
for new v 1.5.0

while it is supposed to run the new
http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
instead,old updatepack worked fine.
XP theme source patcher

galileo

Post by galileo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:40 pm

@OnePiece & Nonno

KB946648 shows up in MU as still being required.

The update executes just fine but, your KB list for Version 1.5 indicates that it was included.... :shock:

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:06 pm

@OnePiece
Would it be not also a good idee to include Shockwave ?

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 am

bober101 wrote:uppon fresh instal ie7 points to this link to do its runonces setup:
http://www.msn.com/404.aspx?aspxerrorpa ... once2.aspx
for new v 1.5.0

while it is supposed to run the new
http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
instead,old updatepack worked fine.
Didn't have that problem, goes to runonce3.aspx for me.
galileo wrote:@OnePiece & Nonno

KB946648 shows up in MU as still being required.

The update executes just fine but, your KB list for Version 1.5 indicates that it was included.... :shock:
Don't have that problem either, I get a clean slate on MU (except for stupid MS Search 4.0). I suggest you test with just your source and this pack, nothing else.

Edit: I found the issue - KB946648 shows up if you integrate with nlite!

All tests fine here, thanks!
Last edited by Fragbert on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

code65536

Post by code65536 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:14 am

I don't see KB950582 on the list...
My addons: CmdOpen - HashCheck - Notepad2 - MS Runtimes - DirectX

Into the breach, meatbags!

XIII

Post by XIII » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:42 pm

galileo wrote:KB946648 shows up in MU as still being required.
Here too. And it installs way too fast in MU to be a real install. Futhermore, it is no longer listed in the second run.

Unfortunately my MTP device (Philips PSS231 ShoqBox) does still not install. New error though. Hope that helps:

MTP device
The file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
With the Dutch 2.0.1 pack from this forum it installs just fine.