Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:17 am

OnePiece_Update_Pack_Disable_DXM_Registration_AddOn.7z 1 Kb
http://pyhuvq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p ... z?download
Hash MD5 7FA12AD2E17B89B652EBAC7BF1163413

sT0n3r

Post by sT0n3r » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:34 pm

thanks Pasha_ZZZ link is working fine i will test this now
if an admin could replace the link on the front page with Pasha_ZZZ one.

thanks

bretmaverick999

Post by bretmaverick999 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:45 am

I used version 2.1.0 of
OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v2.1.0_ENU.7z

I'm getting a pop up error message immediately after my system boots.
Pop up window title: WindowsSearch.exe - Unable To Locate Component
Pop up window text: This application has failed to start because MAPI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
After I click "OK" the Search toolbar appears in the Taskbar and seems to work.

How I built my CD:
- start nLite
- inserted WinXP SP1 CD and selected it
- slipstreamed in SP3
- did version 2.1.0 of All-In-One
- did .NET 1.1
- did Cosmetic Problem Addon
- did the drivers for my system
- removed some components, such as Briefcase, ATM driver, music samples, client for NetWare, Desktop Cleanup Wizard

I tried copying the MAPI.DLL file from another system, rebooted, and the error message did not appear.

Anybody have any idea what is causing the error messge?

sstouffer

Post by sstouffer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:54 am

bretmaverick999 wrote:I used version 2.1.0 of

Pop up window text: This application has failed to start because MAPI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

How I built my CD:
- start nLite
- slipstreamed in SP3
- did .NET 1.1
- removed some components, such as Briefcase, ATM driver, music samples, client for NetWare, Desktop Cleanup Wizard

I tried copying the MAPI.DLL file from another system, rebooted, and the error message did not appear.

One of your components you removed from nLite was Outlook Express, which is causing your problems. Outlook Express uses the mapi32.dll file that windows search also uses. Found that out the hard way as well.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 am

sT0n3r wrote:thanks Pasha_ZZZ link is working fine i will test this now
if an admin could replace the link on the front page with Pasha_ZZZ one.

thanks
Fixed: sorry for the delay.

Also updated IE7_remove.exe and added WMP11_remove.exe: see link on first topic
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:02 am

sstouffer wrote:
bretmaverick999 wrote:I used version 2.1.0 of

How I built my CD:
- start nLite
- slipstreamed in SP3
- did .NET 1.1

One of your components you removed from nLite was Outlook Express, which is causing your problems. Outlook Express uses the mapi32.dll file that windows search also uses. Found that out the hard way as well.
If you remove Outlook Express you should do this in nlite:
At the option KeepFiles put this files name in it:
inetcomm.dll
inetres.dll
msconfig.exe
msoert2.dll
ntprint.inf

And at the RunOnce option put this in it:
START "" /B /WAIT "%SystemRoot%\system32\fixmapi.exe"

galileo

winnt32 hard disk based install - file copy error

Post by galileo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:45 am

@ Nonno & OnePiece:

I raised this issue over on Siginet's Forum in the RVMI beta thread. 5eraph's comment is included herein for reference. I believe this is a OnePiece UP issue not related to RVMI. I have not seen this issue arise in earlier (1.5 and 1.6) versions of the UP when executing winnt32 initiated installs.

It exhibits itself when executing a winnt32 hard disk based install because as files are installed (i.e. copied) from the installation folder to the OS folders, they are then deleted from the installation folder as part of the normal installation process. In a CD based install this issue will not occur since files will always remain on the CD after they are installed and thus, would be transparently accessible to any duplicate downstream installation calls.

Following is the issue:
  • RVMI 1.5.4 beta 10 using XPPro with SP3, OnePiece's UP 2.1.1 (current), and 8 other addons.
  • Integration completes successfully.
  • Text mode setup completes successfully.
  • GUI mode setup generates a file not found error for "spupdsvc.exe" when attempting to copy from the root setup files folder "$win_nt$.~ls\i386" - the file is in fact not there.
  • This file is in fact present in the source I386 folder (after an RVMI integration).
  • Pressing "Cancel" permits the installation to continue and complete without further errors.
  • And, finally, the file actually is present in the final installation system32 folder...apparently, earlier in the GUI mode setup, it was copied over and deleted from "$win_nt$.~ls\i386"...there appears to be something in the setup routine that is calling this file a second time.
This is a full stop error dialog that requires user interaction before the unattended install can continue.

Follow-up:

[QUOTE=5eraph;5904]I seem to remember a problem with that file unrelated to the Integrator, galileo. It is strange that the same file is causing a problem in another pack/addon. But it's not the first I've heard of it.

I'll look into it, but the error's probably not directly related to the Integrator.[/
QUOTE]

In evaluating the issue further (RVMI 1.5.4 beta 11 was used herein), I have benchmarked against the following:
  • XP Pro SP3 + RVM UP 1.03 (current) and nothing else...no problems at all with a winnt32 install approach.
  • Above plus OnePiece IE7 and WMP11 and nothing else...no file copy problem although there is an SFC warning on first boot (that can be dismissed without issue).
  • XP Pro SP3 + OnePiece UP 2.1.1 (current) and nothing else...generates the file copy error with "spupdsvc.exe".
While this is not an exhaustive test, it appears that the issue is with OnePiece's UP and not with RVMI. I note that this is most likely due to a duplicate file copy call within the update pack....I have not attempted to inspect any of the "inf" routines as yet....on the assumption that Nonno and OnePiece are most likely to recognize more quickly where this issue may be arising. Unfortunately I did not make specific note but, if memory serves me correctly, I believe the file copy error dialog box arises around the T28 mark.

There is no actual performance error involved with the functionality of an installed OS. This issue only results in a "stop" during the unattended installation process which requires user interaction to dismiss. Nonetheless, it would be desirable to have this addressed since it does halt the unattended process.

Thanks in advance for taking a look into this...

galileo

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Thanks, Galileo, for the detailed report. We already know it because it's the old followed and felt story of RVMi (and recently Nlite too) which aren't able to write two times the same file. Onepiece will fix it in the next release.

In the meantime you can use this workaround:
after RVMi integration go to your XP source, open txtsetup.sif, search for "spupdsvc.exe = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0" line and add immediately below

Code: Select all

spupdsvc.exe = 100,,,,,,,,3,3
Save and create your .iso.

PS. added Onepiece Update Pack Optional Components Remover utility (see first post) which allows you to remove unwanted components before integration.
Last edited by nonno fabio on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

galileo

Post by galileo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Thanks for replying Nonno. Are you saying to find and remove the existing line and replace it with your new line...? Or, are you saying to find and keep the existing line and add the new line just below the existing line...?
nonno fabio wrote:In the meantime you can use this workaround:
after RVMi integration go to your XP source, open txtsetup.sif, search for "spupdsvc.exe = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0" line and add immediately below

Sorry...but, I am not quite clear on whether or not you mean to remove the existing line....or not.

When you say this issue will be fixed in the next release, will this be after the next MS patch cycle (i.e. March) or will the next release be sometime sooner than that...?

galileo

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:29 pm

he meant this:

spupdsvc.exe = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0

since integrator doesn't allow adding two instances of the same file under [destination..]

I think with extrafileedits the change can be implemented

if this doesnt help I'll look into the addon and see how I can help you with this (just let me know..)

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:19 pm

When it enters Nonno Fabio explains better, however I try write from me, then complements this addon in the CD that to them

spupdsvc.exe_Repair_AddOn.7z 1 Kb
http://ifile.it/6bh9f8m
Hash MD5 914B8979F059AEAC4526B6132D99B79A

This and in [editfile]che and more or less the same thing, important and that functions, but if and better to use extrafileedits (ENU_user know them better than me those commands them), then perhaps we will use the next, but for the time you use this addon, and after view and all is ok or no?

EDIT
addon amended
Last edited by OnePiece Alb on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

galileo

Post by galileo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:32 pm

@ENU_user & OnePiece:

Thanks...I will edit accordingly and will use the "fix" file in another integration.

galileo

edit:

No joy...Adding the additional line in txtsetup.sif did not solve this issue - "Copy Error" still occurs with "Setup cannot copy the file spupdsvc.exe." The error occurs @T25 during setup when attempting to copy from $win_nt$.~ls\i386.....any further thoughts...???

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:45 pm

i just opened the entries and didn't see the file as flagged
so I suggest you try flagging it out .. before we'll try other stuff

[txtsetup_fileflags]
spupdsvc.exe        = 16
Last edited by ENU_user on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi, onepiece , you can try adding spupdsvc.exe=16 in [txtsetup_flags].
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

galileo

Post by galileo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:31 pm

@ ENU & Yume:

Thanks...Have edited Entries.ini and re-integrated....will test install tomorrow and let everyone know how this fix turns out....

galileo

galileo

winnt32 hard disk based install - completed cleanly

Post by galileo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:39 pm

@ENU & OnePiece & Yume:

Thanks to all....The file flag addition in Entries.ini solved the problem. Full unattended winnt32 hard disk based install completes without any issues. Looks like this addition in file flags needs to be incorporated into OnePiece's UP... :wink:

galileo

Cipherfx2

Post by Cipherfx2 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:18 am

Guys,

I'm a bit confused: :rolleyes:

[txtsetup_fileflags]
spupdsvc.exe=16
by Enu_user
Hi, onepiece , you can try adding spupdsvc.exe=16 in [txtsetup_flags].
by yumeyao

which one is correct : txtsetup_flags or txtsetup_fileflags?

and this is regarding: spupdsvc.exe_Repair_AddOn.7z :?:

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:54 am

[txtsetup_fileflags] is correct..
sorry i made it confusing.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

Cipherfx2

Post by Cipherfx2 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:18 am

Thanks yumeyao.

galileo

Post by galileo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:19 am

Cipherfx2 wrote:and this is regarding: spupdsvc.exe_Repair_AddOn.7z :?:
The fix addon does not solve the issue - it adds a line to txtsetup.sif which does not solve the file copy error.

The [txtsetup_fileflags] fix for "Entries.ini" does correct the file copy error for "spupdsvc.exe". You will need to expand the UP, edit the "Entries.ini", and re-compress the UP files. No working fix has been issued by OnePiece - as yet - for this issue.

galileo

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Ok need to integrate this addon after the update pack usually have to be ok, I think we will do so in the new release, the [txtsetup_fileflags] and OK (I thank everyone for the support :wink: ), but I think the better way to copy the file in system32 even from OPMWXPUP.inf and after will be less complicated.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89927#89927

whether there will be problems when you enter Nonno Fabio explain things better.

Ciao.

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:28 am

geforce wrote:Image

I'm having the exact same problem. I had this problem back in 2006 with one of ryanvm's update packs, until his next version came out. so it was definitely the updatepack then and possibly could be now. I've tried about 10 nlite installs in the last 24 hours all ending in this result.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:46 am

Crufix wrote:
geforce wrote:Image

I'm having the exact same problem. I had this problem back in 2006 with one of ryanvm's update packs, until his next version came out. so it was definitely the updatepack then and possibly could be now. I've tried about 10 nlite installs in the last 24 hours all ending in this result.
I've had my fair share of this error and I can safely say it is NOT because of this update pack. For a sure test, start with a clean source and ONLY integrate this update pack. An addon is causing this, gauranteed.

FYI, the "fix IE7 cosmetic problems" addon listed here will trigger that error for me, so I avoid it.

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:52 am

Fragbert wrote:
I've had my fair share of this error and I can safely say it is NOT because of this update pack. For a sure test, start with a clean source and ONLY integrate this update pack. An addon is causing this, gauranteed.

FYI, the "fix IE7 cosmetic problems" addon listed here will trigger that error for me, so I avoid it.
I don't use any other addon except for rvmaddons 1.9 and i've never had an issue with it. Oh and i don't use the "fix IE7 cosmetic problems" addon either.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:59 pm

Crufix wrote:
Fragbert wrote:

I don't use any other addon except for rvmaddons 1.9 and i've never had an issue with it. Oh and i don't use the "fix IE7 cosmetic problems" addon either.
Do yourself a favor and try without any addons and use the latest RVM integrator beta (NOT 1.5.3!!) I would also acquire a new source for testing. A great reference is the latest MSDN build of XP w/ SP3 natively built in. I can affirm 100% you will not have that error with that build.

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:02 pm

thanks ill give it a go. i did try without rvmaddons and also without drivers but still no luck. ill try a new source.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Crufix wrote:thanks ill give it a go. i did try without rvmaddons and also without drivers but still no luck. ill try a new source.
And most definitely use the latest 1.5.4 build XX beta of RVMI, 1.5.3 will give you that error every time!

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:47 pm

can i do an unattended install with RVMI?

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Crufix wrote:can i do an unattended install with RVMI?
Yes.

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:33 pm

After doing what you said only AIO update pack and clean source with RVMI
seems i cant win!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:40 am

If you don't want to click OK, you could, at your choice:

a) add the Onepiece's Disable DXM registration Addon in your integration list;
b) disable before integration the optional component DirectX for Managed Code, using OnePiece Update Pack Optional Components Remover;
c) add Onepiece's .NET 1.1 True Addon in your integration list.

All links and tips are in the first post.

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:08 am

thanks nonno!

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:28 am

if i remove "directx for managed for managed code" from onepiece aio am i removing directx for gaming?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:35 am

I'm not 100% sure but i guess that "Onepieced" XP CD installs DirectX for Managed Code only if it finds .NET always present and active in your system. In other words, only if you have placed in your integration list .NET 1.1 true addon before Onepiece's Update Pack.

However this involves only games which use XNA framework , based on .NET (I don't know if they exist...), not DirectX itself.

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:43 am

how do i recompress your pack after customizing it? i tried but its huge compared to the original.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:33 am

I recommend just using the DotNet 1.1 trueaddon.

galileo

Post by galileo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Crufix wrote:how do i recompress your pack after customizing it? i tried but its huge compared to the original.
7-zip Ultra compresssion..... :wink:

galileo

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:13 pm

it would appear as though i still have a problem, but a different one this time. so i was able to extract the onepiece addon, run the customizer, then 7zip the resulting folder with ultra compression. i now have a custom onepiece addon totaling 70.4 mb. my problem is nlite says it is an unsupported file. any ideas?

scarface

Post by scarface » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:18 pm

your pack is good nonno but some stuff would deserve another pack. I mean directx 10 and directx 9 sdk (xact and other files are used in case of games development for xbox I think) are not very useful and they are quite heavy in size. In my pack they were removed.
PS : KB958259 & KB950305-v2 are in the chinese pack but I dont find link for english or french version. is it only for asian version?

galileo

Post by galileo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:21 pm

Crufix wrote:it would appear as though i still have a problem, but a different one this time. so i was able to extract the onepiece addon, run the customizer, then 7zip the resulting folder with ultra compression. i now have a custom onepiece addon totaling 70.4 mb. my problem is nlite says it is an unsupported file. any ideas?
Using 7zip - Open the original UP file (that you downloaded) and open the UP file that you rebuilt. Looking at the two - does your rebuilt UP have the identical file/folder structure as the original....if not...then you compressed your revised UP starting from the wrong folder location. Most likely is, that your rebuilt pack has a single folder showing when you open it in 7zip...whereas, OnePiece's original will show the file and folder structure itself......which would explain why nlite is "complaining" since all it would find would be a folder instead of the required files..... :shock:

...at least that's my SWAG given your question/information... :wink:

galileo

Crufix

Post by Crufix » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:23 pm

well that made me feel dumb...lol
thats exactly what happened.
thankyou very much!

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:28 pm

scarface

Post by scarface » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:47 pm

ok in fact they arent publicly available. it answer why I couldnt find them anywhere. I made the request but I dont need that "A Microsoft Professional will respond to you via e-mail within 8 business hours"

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:51 pm

scarface

Post by scarface » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:53 pm

no not available publicly alb. for a mere ole32.dll they give them extra work

scarface

Post by scarface » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 pm

ok thanks onepiece alb. available in fact but you have to put the number here http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBH ... spx?kbnum= but in the search for kbs they are unavailable. Even in the site that lists the hotfixes they are not included. I ve been informed just by looking in the chinese pack by yumeyao.

kandurak

Post by kandurak » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:36 am

nonno fabio wrote:If you don't want to click OK, you could, at your choice:

b) disable before integration the optional component DirectX for Managed Code, using OnePiece Update Pack Optional Components Remover;

Hi,
If I use this update pack alone along with adding .NET AIO (DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2.4.7z) found at

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5657, I guess I would not be getting the errors right?
Can anyone please confirm.

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:56 am

kandurak wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:If you don't want to click OK, you could, at your choice:

Hi,
If I use this update pack alone along with adding .NET AIO (DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon_v2.4.7z) found at

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5657, I guess I would not be getting the errors right?
Can anyone please confirm.
No, you must use Onepiece .NET 1.1 True Addon. Or remove DX for MC

armond

Post by armond » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm using that DotNet addon with this update pack for a while without any problem. Pasha_ZZZ, Have you really tested that? We should not use that DotNet addon with this XP Update Pack? I'm using it and don't receiving any error messages in any part of installation. :?: :!:

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:53 am

armond wrote:We should not use that DotNet addon with this XP Update Pack?
For a while there was .NET 1.1 installation check while installing DirectX for Managed Code. This check was removed in 2.1.0. You can use .NET AIO addon (i'm using Stimpy's one w/o .NET 1.1), but must integrate OnePiece_Update_Pack_Disable_DXM_Registration_AddOn after update pack or unpack UpdatePack & use OnePiece Update Pack Optional Components Remover for DXMC