Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
armix7

Post by armix7 » Sat May 09, 2009 9:48 am

Hi guys, 2.3.1 is a total disaster !!! Everithing is broken - IE8, Outlook express, installation complains about missing .Net components - OMG !!!
I tried both nLite and RVM Integrator - all the same faults. Nothing works properly.
No Desktop Search appears, mess...

And I was so stupid - I overwrote my previous PERFECT !!! OnePiece 2.3.0 add-on with this new one.
Now I have no working XP installation disk.

Guys, would anyone have a link to the previous 2.3.0 add-on - please !

BigBrit

Post by BigBrit » Sat May 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Have to agree. I am having problems with IE8 starting during the last part of the install. Even if this is closed down IE8 is missing from the completed install. I went back to 2.30 and am about to test.
Will post my findings.
I can give you a list of the Addons I am using if it will help.

Nlite 1.4.9.1 and DriverPacks

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sat May 09, 2009 2:20 pm

BigBrit

Post by BigBrit » Sat May 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Just tested the older 2.30. IE8 again started almost at the end of the install. Able to close it and continue, same as 2.31. The difference is, ie8 in 2.30 works, it does not even show an IE icon under 2.31. Maybe one of my addons is causing a problem ??

XIII

Post by XIII » Sat May 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Can you guys add the Quick Launch Toolbar to the taskbar?

I'm unable to do so under VirtualBox and Virtual PC (and have several IE8 problems as well) with 2.3.1.
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

armix7

Post by armix7 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:15 am

To Pasha_ZZZ
http://rapidshare.com/files/231054918/O ... 3.0_ENU.7z
------------------------------------
I love you man :-) Thank you for your time for doing this - much appreciated !!
Took me some time to download it. Then I replaced the broken 2.3.1 with 2.3.0 one - changed nothing else. And my Windows is back in business - perfect installation, not a single problem. Thanks again!

To Nanno and OnePiece:
-----------------------------------
My evidence that AIO 2.3.1 addon is a broken one - would you please look at what might cause it.

My intergation steps are:
- XP Pro SP3 fresh ISO
- nLite 1.4.9.1 (the latest one) - I tried exactly the same with RVM Integrator, even worse ...
- OnePiece AIO addon only - NOTHING ELSE - just one addon.

Results of integration with 2.3.1 add-on:
- RunOnce stage fails with Microsoft Powertoy Color Applet requesting dotnetfx.exe download ???
- After installation IE8 menu link is broken, Quick launch link is missing, desktop shortcut is mising - have to run IE8 manually from "Program Files" directory
- The same with Outlook Express
- Entertainment section - completely empty !!! No sound Recorder - nothing
- Wordpad - completely missing
- Remote Desktop - completely mising
- A lot of other stuff is just not there...

I gave up after these and moved on to 2.3.0 (Thanks to Pasha_ZZZ).
Again, I used nLite, fresh XP SP3 ISO, and just one AIO add-on version 2.3.0.

- Absolutely clean PERFECT install, all my extras including Powertoys from "RunOnce" stage installed 100% as they have been doing for years, all Windows menus, links, Quick Launch, file assosiations etc. are perfect, clean Windows log, etc, etc.

All tests are done with exactly the same steps, same ISO burning software etc.

It appears that 2.3.1 contains some unexpected side-effects, I would not recommend it - keep your 2.3.0 for now :-) But I am very grateful to OnePiece and Nanno for all your hard work !!
Hope my comments help ...

krgh

Post by krgh » Sun May 10, 2009 10:17 am

Hi guys,

know what, the same happened to me but with 2.3.0. I had mixed many addons and one of them was having some issue. Now i am trying to find the culprit but that was with 2.3.0.

here whats i did.

1 clean winxp sp3 source
2 added 2.3.0 using rvmi
3 removed wgan, search, mxml4 stuff using one step removal addons
4. added many addons (8-10. my mistake i know)
5. tried nlite with lots of addon.

(2,3,4 in seperate seesions)

u know what, avg, ccleaner & unlocker addons didnt run atall. also IE link from desktop, programs missing & also same with wmp.

so, i think its not because of 2.3.1.

1 q?. r u all using rvmi beta i.e., 1.6.2.1 or stable 1.6 (i used beta).

hope this will help.

i will try & reply back

regards
Gururaja

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:29 am

new 2.3.1 is working,had had problems but was caused by a failing pc,ran the exact same integration on a clean pc and worked perfect.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sun May 10, 2009 10:32 am

1) Windows XP Professional SP3 English - original MSDN image
2) OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v2.3.1_ENU.7z
3) Siginet's RyanVM Integrator 1.6 Final

No errors during setup at all.
QuickLaunch was showed manually - OK.
IE8 started from QuickLaunch shortcut - OK.
Outlook Express - via Start menu - OK.
Entertainment section is here.
Windows Desktop Search works.
WordPad, Remote Desktop Connection etc. - all OK.

apex910

Update 2.3.1

Post by apex910 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Install went off without a hitch. Thanks for all the hard work.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon May 11, 2009 2:58 am

All the issues posted seems originated by a broken sysoc.inf file. Full Powershell has added in v2.3.1 further 2,000 line in entries.ini file (now the uncompressed Update Pack is 500 MB with about 2,000 files!) and RVMi take 6-8 minutes more to integrate the Update Pack with nothing else.
Despite that, 3 weeks of tests haven't show any issue, but I can't exclude that something could go wrong, especially if you add a lot of stuff in one integration session and you don't use a clean SP3 source.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

XIII

Post by XIII » Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 am

So 2.3.2 (file no longer broken) might be better?
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon May 11, 2009 5:57 am

Update Pack 2.3.2 is in italian only and contains only a fix for a minor bug with XP Home edition, never pointed out in english release and IE8 Compatibility Update.

However upcoming 2.4.0 will include them, along with May MRT, but with no further improvements, I guess.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

klob77

Post by klob77 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:21 am

I'm having the exact same problem as krgh. I don't remove anything and use Nlite to add the updatepack. This is the first time that I have ever had any problems with this updatepack.

krgh

Post by krgh » Mon May 11, 2009 10:11 am

Hi,

small correction, i removed manythings using nlite as well as one-steps removals addon.

and now good news. all of my stuff with 2.3.0 addons, removals addons, nlite stripping is working fine. it was due to .net addon('s) messed up. now thngs are cool.

here is what i did
1. clean xp sp3 source
2. RVM_Integrator_1.6.1b2.1
3. OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v2.3.1_ENU.7z
3. in next session removed few steps using
Disable_WGAN_AddOn.7z
KTT_IndexSrv_DeleteAddon_1.4.CAB (--> this is having issues with noise.* & wbdbase.* its the problem with this addon)
KTT_MessengerService_DeleteAddon.CAB
KTT_RemoteRegistry_DeleteAddon.CAB
OnePiece_Repair_IE_Cosmetic_Problems_AddOn.7z
Removal_MovieMaker_DeleteAddon_v1.5.CAB
Removal_MSNExplorer_DeleteAddon_v1.7.cab
Removal_Srchasst_Deleteaddon_v1.2.CAB
Removal_WindowsMessanger_DeleteAddon_v1.5.cab
Removal_WindowsTour_DeleteAddon_v1.8.CAB
Remove_Microsoft_Update_AddOn.7z
Remove_MSXML4_AddOn.7z
Remove_PowerShell_AddOn.7z
Remove_Smart_Card_Driver_AddOn.7z
Remove_Windows_Feature_Pack_for_Storage_AddOn.7z
Remove_Windows_Search_AddOn.7z

4. in next session added many apps addons.

5. then again nlited/stripped unwanted features

6. iso from nlite

7. wonderfull setup as i require.

thanks to onePiece & other gr8 developers/supportes everything is working fine.

regards
Gururaja

mfarmilo

Post by mfarmilo » Mon May 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Well I've integrated the 2.3.1 pack into a clean MSDN XP Pro, using the RVM Integrator 1.6.1 beta 2.1 (which I believe is the one specifically recommended). The integrated image installs perfectly, with no issues at all. For the record, 2.3.0 (integrated the same way) gave a couple of odd messages during the installation, as I reported back in April. Those went away when I used NLite to do the integration. So if anything, 2.3.1 has fixed a couple of small issues for me.

The above is a straightforward integration, nothing added or taken away afterward.

armix7

Post by armix7 » Tue May 12, 2009 8:55 am

I am clueless why my 2.3.1 integration falls apart :-(

I got both packs 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 , and use the same integration steps with nLite (latest version) on the same clean dedicated PC as I've always been using with many packs before (including Ryan's packs)...

- I create an empty directory
- I extract Windows XP Pro Volume English ISO into this directory
- I choose 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 to integrate
- I add the text-mode Intel SATA driver for my testing Toshiba notebook
- I choose nLite "Option" for TCP/IP tweak to increase number of half-open connections to 250
- I choose nLite "Option" to enable unsigned themes support
- I choose nLite :Option" to disable SFC
- I confirm integration
- I then add my WINNT.SIF with my unattended Windows product key and other standard MS stuff
- I create an ISO and burn it

2.3.0 - no issues at all
2.3.1 - as I wrote earlier, hips of issues - IE8 link is broken, etc, etc.

What I am doing wrong? I'd really hate not to be able to move on past 2.3.0.
OnePiece's AIO packs are such a fantastic help !

Alleine

Post by Alleine » Tue May 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Nonno fabio:
Sorry if you have answered this but, why do you include Framework 1 with his updates? Would be better if you would include framework 2 and remove 1?

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue May 12, 2009 8:02 pm

He includes .net 1.1 because it is the ONLY one that is truly integratable.

The others are not fully and properly integratable hence why they are not included.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed May 13, 2009 2:30 am

new 2.4.0 is out.

No structural improvements: only MRT May update. The pack has been tested and retested and works flawlessly.

Maybe the issues a few of you have posted are generated by the fact that this pack is really big now and could overload the integration tool task (nlite or rvmi)...

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Wed May 13, 2009 2:53 am

OK...so...maybe someone could explain me, what is the cause of this "limitation"? Why can the integration task be overloaded? This might not be the right place to ask that, but is it only problem of the RVM integrator or some sort of problem with windows inf files capabilities? sysoc.inf, dosnet.inf etc.?
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

krgh

Post by krgh » Wed May 13, 2009 5:35 am

Hi,

kaitsevaim, you see once i had an old system( or laptop to be straight round 1g ram, 40gb hard diskb lah blah). whenever i tried nliteing a huge addons list to windows xp sp3 source with many stripping, the system always used to crash (either nlite or my system saying less virtual memory).

then with the same config i moved all things to my office ( plz dont tel my HR), which has huge systems, (4gb ram, dual core blah blah) & everything worked flawlessly.

i think this is what is the limitation i understand. may be nonno has a different diffinition.

regards
Gururaja

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Wed May 13, 2009 6:13 am

i c...so it might all hang of the "powerfulness" of the system, where the xp setup cd is modified? :rolleyes: Not enough memory or processor power to cache all the lines of some ini or inf file... :?

geforce

Post by geforce » Wed May 13, 2009 11:35 am

setup cannot copy the file:ie4uinit.mui
iedkcs32.mui
ieframe.dll.mui
mshta.mui
msrating.mui
hope fix update

mfarmilo

Post by mfarmilo » Wed May 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Just done 2 test integrations with 2.4.0, with clean XP Pro source. First one, using latest NLite, appeared to integrate fine but during installation it was clear something was very wrong. It got to T-26 minutes, then said 'Setup cannot copy the file psmuieul.txt', with the usual dialog to let me tell it where to find the file. It didn't appear to be on the CD at all. Clicking Cancel brought up the same message for file psptbugu.rtf, then again psptbsmr.dll. At that point I cancelled the setup.

Next I integrated using the latest beta RVM integrator. The resulting image installed fine, and everything looks good.

fluid

Post by fluid » Thu May 14, 2009 2:39 am

Can someone kindly mirror to another site? ADrive for some reason gives me only an average of 10 kb.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu May 14, 2009 3:50 am

mfarmilo wrote:Just done 2 test integrations with 2.4.0, with clean XP Pro source. First one, using latest NLite, appeared to integrate fine but during installation it was clear something was very wrong. It got to T-26 minutes, then said 'Setup cannot copy the file psmuieul.txt', with the usual dialog to let me tell it where to find the file. It didn't appear to be on the CD at all. Clicking Cancel brought up the same message for file psptbugu.rtf, then again psptbsmr.dll. At that point I cancelled the setup.

Next I integrated using the latest beta RVM integrator. The resulting image installed fine, and everything looks good.
I confirm there's a problem with Nlite.
Please integrate the UpdatePack using RVM Integrator only: those who don't like it must wait for 2.4.1. Sorry.

armix7

Post by armix7 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:28 am

Thank you Nonno confirming a problem with nLite and 2.4.0 integration. I had the same problems with 2.4.0 as with 2.3.1 last night, and completely ran out of ideas what might be wrong.........

I look forward to 2.4.1 release - I just can't use RVM Integrator as I need SATA driver integration and a couple of tweak options in nLite ... :-)

beats

Post by beats » Thu May 14, 2009 7:06 am

armix7 wrote:I just can't use RVM Integrator as I need SATA driver integration and a couple of tweak options in nLite ... :-)
Huh? You can simply run nLite for tweaks and driver integration after integrating this pack with RVMi.

armix7

Post by armix7 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:50 am

beats wrote:
armix7 wrote:I just can't use RVM Integrator as I need SATA driver integration and a couple of tweak options in nLite ... :-)
Huh? You can simply run nLite for tweaks and driver integration after integrating this pack with RVMi.
I tried that - but something goes off in the integration after that - with all consequent problems noted by me and others in the earlier posts...

geforce

Post by geforce » Thu May 14, 2009 11:06 am

nonno fabio wrote:
mfarmilo wrote:Just done 2 test integrations with 2.4.0, with clean XP Pro source. First one, using latest NLite, appeared to integrate fine but during installation it was clear something was very wrong. It got to T-26 minutes, then said 'Setup cannot copy the file psmuieul.txt', with the usual dialog to let me tell it where to find the file. It didn't appear to be on the CD at all. Clicking Cancel brought up the same message for file psptbugu.rtf, then again psptbsmr.dll. At that point I cancelled the setup.

I confirm there's a problem with Nlite.
Please integrate the UpdatePack using RVM Integrator only: those who don't like it must wait for 2.4.1. Sorry.
when rls 2.4.1

setup cannot copy the file:ie4uinit.mui
iedkcs32.mui
ieframe.dll.mui
mshta.mui
msrating.mui
hope fix update

why

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Fri May 15, 2009 9:47 am

Setuperr.log gave me following

Code: Select all

Error:Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\Windows\System32\mshtml.dll because of the following error:
GetProcAddress returned error 127 (the specified procedure could not be found).
and exactly the same errors with these 6 files
msrating.dll, imgutil.dll, inseng.dll, occache.dll, pngfilt.dll, webcheck.dll

There was also something wrong with Adobe Reader 9.11 Lite Addon that i integrated.

I dont know why, but i cannot tweak visual effects, crash control values, ctf and delete superhidden warningifnotdefault value. Not big problems, but annoying that i cant do it. This might not be related to this pack, but i wanna make sure it isnt.

djkc

Re: Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack v2.4.0-090513

Post by djkc » Fri May 15, 2009 10:03 am

nonno fabio wrote: IE8 integration esthetic side effects (not UpdatePack bugs):
* only for RVMi users - Integrator will warn about 2 files exceeding 8.3 format, ieframe.dll.mui and msfeedsbs.dll: don't worry because integration works fine anyway
* setuperr.log will point out harmless error messages about some IE files like imgutil.dll, inetcpl.cpl, inseng.dll, mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, pngfilt.dll, occache.dll, webcheck.dll (caused by the patched Syssetup.dll used for integration and then restored with the original one). If you don't tolerate it you can integrate in addition this Onepiece Repair IE8 cosmetic problems addon
(Hash MD5 5C7AF8CA9F637C993F4AEEFFB63F39ED - Filesize: 1.28 Kb - updated 2008-03-27) which does nothing else than cleaning those false errors in your setuperr.log file.

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Fri May 15, 2009 11:41 am

oh...sorry, i was blind...but what causes the restrictions, that the registry entries are overwritten (?) i mentioned about? I tried to integrate these registry lines also at T13. No effect! Will try also at runonceex later, maybe then it works. :rolleyes:

galileo

Post by galileo » Fri May 15, 2009 12:14 pm

nonno fabio wrote:I confirm there's a problem with Nlite.
I can also confirm that there is a problem with the 2.4.0 pack when attempting a Winnt32 hard drive based install. Integration was performed using RVMI 1.6.1 beta 2.1 with Optimize System Files checked. Using XP Pro and Onepiece AIO 2.4.0 - no other addons. File copy errors occur during textmode setup.

There are 5 files that are failing to copy - these are the same 5 files files that geforce notes in his post regarding a failure with nlite - NOTE that I have used RVMI and then a WINNT32 hard drive based install. The 5 file copy errors are for: ie4uinit.mui, iedkcs32.mui, ieframe.dll.mui, mshta.mui, msrating.mui

This appears to confirm that the errors are not limited soley to nlite and that RVMI is affected also - unless you are using a CD based install.

galileo

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri May 15, 2009 12:21 pm

yes yes I know the problem of winnt32.exe, guilty of great confusion hmmmm, now pack 2.4.0 nLite writes every line in dosnet and txtsetup, but no goals in nearly 400 cd file, and not because of nLite, but for fault of the changes made entries.ini), boys and created confusion in entries.ini fault that fate was too heavy, but soon will be all things to post them all under control.

when it enters Nonno Fabio explains everything better.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri May 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Also onepiece you can get rid of the whole i386 compression section.

The integrator and nLite BOTH do this on their own now and have for awhile.

Thats ALOT of space and cleanup done there.

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri May 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Hello Kelsenellenelvian, Thanks :wink: , and a somewhat confusing situation, I better keep a pack of the original structure (as we know already and nLite Ok), for the moment to add a addon RVMi to repair, to put on, so everything will be ok, who will use RVMi will be two additions, integration addon repair take almost 20-30 seconds, so it will not be any problem.

Ciao.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat May 16, 2009 5:23 am

Update Pack v.2.4.1 restores Nlite compatibility but now a small compatibility addon must be added when RVM Integrator is used

Pasha_ZZZ

Re: Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack v2.4.1-090516

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sat May 16, 2009 7:39 am

nonno fabio wrote:* **Remove NETFX1.1 SP1 & DMX AddOn
to be updated

*Remove PowerShell AddOn
to be updated
When?

djkc

Post by djkc » Sat May 16, 2009 9:56 am

nonno fabio wrote:Update Pack v.2.4.1 restores Nlite compatibility but now a small compatibility addon must be added when RVM Integrator is used
Does it need to be run in a separate session or should they both be done at once?

galileo

Post by galileo » Sat May 16, 2009 10:32 am

nonno fabio wrote:Update Pack v.2.4.1 restores Nlite compatibility but now a small compatibility addon must be added when RVM Integrator is used
@ Nonno
Has this addressed the WINNT32 textmode file copy errors...?

FWIW: user_hidden's UP installs using WINNT32 without any errors - however, when Onepiece's Internet Explorer 8 RTM for Windows XP with updates Addon is integrated with his pack, the same 5 textmode file copy errors occur...it appears that the IE8 coding is where the textmode errors are occurring...

galileo

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat May 16, 2009 10:44 am

@Pasha_ZZZ: new Powershell is really big and its remover needs a lot of testing before the release

@djkc: the RVMi compatibility addon need to be run in the same session of update pack

@galileo: I hope so...

galileo

Post by galileo » Sat May 16, 2009 11:07 am

[quote="nonno fabio@galileo: I hope so...[/quote]

...LOL...(me too)...I will let you know shortly..... :D

galileo

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sat May 16, 2009 11:23 am

nonno fabio wrote:@Pasha_ZZZ: new Powershell is really big and its remover needs a lot of testing before the release
& what about .NET 1.1 & DXM remover?

geforce

Post by geforce » Sat May 16, 2009 11:44 am

2.4.1 is very good ,thanks

BigBrit

Post by BigBrit » Sat May 16, 2009 6:02 pm

2.41 is working just GREAT.

None of the earlier problems are showing.

Nlite + Addons.

You are guys are awesome.

voidseesaw

Post by voidseesaw » Sat May 16, 2009 8:27 pm

I would also like to throw my thanks in here (again). You guys are really awesome and I love this update pack a lot.

armix7

Post by armix7 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:05 am

Completed my tests - 2.4.1 IS PERFECT ! All reported problems with 2.3.1 and 2.4.0 are gone now !

Many thanks for your efforts OnePiece and Nonno - 2.4.1 it just works ! :-)

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:29 pm

on my part i cannot say everything is A ok. when giving simple commands like taskkill during the setup (t13) i get a framdyn.dll error. tests were made with and without the rvmi fix addon( yes i use the rvmi)and every time a fail.(i will have to add that the fix addon was tested alongside the upd pack integration and also was tested in a 2nd session after the upd pack integration was done.)

the same integration was then done with nlite and i did not have this error when the taskkill command was given at that same stage (t13).

-ill try to get a confirmation when done on an other pc.

edit: tested with no other addons seems to work so,i guess thats the prob!
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources