Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
HosseinMoradi

Post by HosseinMoradi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 am

it seemed that i broked the dxm my bad

but in new version this files has been downdated

3DAudio5.dll
acteng32.dll
acteng33.dll
XAPOFX11.dll
XAPOFX12.dll
XAudio22.dll
XAudio23.dll

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:24 am

In DirectX Web Installer from MU these files are older than those from DirectX Redistributable:
3DAudio4.dll
acteng31.dll
XAPOFX10.dll
XAudio21.dll

In DirectX Redistributable these files are older than those from DirectX web installer from MU:
3DAudio5.dll
acteng32.dll
acteng33.dll
XAPOFX11.dll
XAPOFX12.dll
XAudio22.dll
XAudio23.dll

We need to do a mix in the next release
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

mfarmilo

Post by mfarmilo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:50 pm

The 2.6.0 file is no longer publically available, according to ADrive.

sT0n3r

Post by sT0n3r » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:11 pm

wolfsoul wrote:Apparently it must be fixed.. see no errors this time so no sweat
Both pack play well together so I stand corrected :p
Yes i use XPtsp Blue edition and have had zero problems using it and this great update pack :D

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:14 am

kaitsevaim wrote:ok...i have a question..if i wanna use the 3 packs

1)ElectrogensMCEUpdatePack_Beta6c_AddOn.rar
2) Ricks_XP_to_MCE05_en_Addon.7z
3) your pack

Ricks Pack needs netfx11 and WMP10/11 installed before it can be integrated. Electrogens Pack needs to be integrated after that i guess. Your pack includes netfx11, but also most recent updates.

If i put the order so...your pack, ricks pack and electrogens pack, is it all right or could the updates in your pack be overwritten? I´m just confused...
Some times ago Onepiece tested an integration of Ricks MCE pack (I guess it needs Nlite) over its UpdatePack and worked all like a charm.

Unfortunately we don't know Electrogen's pack: you should ask in his topic or test a one-by-one integration using Nlite

EDIT: v2.6.1 (minor update)!
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:04 am

nonno fabio wrote:v2.6.1 (minor update)!
nonno fabio wrote:2.6.1-090716: added DirectX newer files; improved .Net 1.1 integration
We can use old .NET 1.1 removal addon or new one required?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:16 am

yes, you can. Removal addon doesn't need to be changed.

Soroush_Gholami

How to suppress the overwrite messege?

Post by Soroush_Gholami » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Nono Fabio.

Thanks for your convenient update pack.There was something unusual in your update pack I wonder you can handle.Here comes the problem:

I was installing this windows which was next to the other windows on the same drive.When it was about T=26 the setup asked me for an overwrite confirmation which I think relates to Internet Explorer in program files.

Can you handle that?Can you arrange it in such a way that it copies the file without confirmation?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:56 am

If you are installing XP on a clean partition, you shouldn't see any overwrite message.

Verify you haven't integrated duplicate programs (already included in Onepiece's AIO pack). Could you also report the filename asked by XP setup?

Soroush_Gholami

@Nono Fabio: How to Supress the Overwrite Messege

Post by Soroush_Gholami » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:03 am

@Nono Fabio

This is the prompt:

Source G:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\MUI\0409\SETD4D.tmp
Target G:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\MUI\0409\mscorier.dll

the tager file exists and is newer than the source.overwrite te newer file?

** Plz note that this messege only occurs when you install the same windows on the same drive (as a new installtion) for the second time.

Ligushka

Post by Ligushka » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:33 am

Windows Desktop Search still does not seem to install properly with 2.6.1. The service is not listed in services.msc. I'm integrating using nLite 1.4.9.1 on a clean MSDN XP SP3 image (tried both Home and Pro, neither's Search worked).

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:21 am

@Soroush_Gholami: those are .net 1.1 files. This could happen only in a repair installation because file copy command of integrated .Net is "filename.xxx,,,64", the same of default installer and not "filename.xxx,,,32" which overwrite older files.
We don't know why MS choose this behavior but Onepiece decided to keep it. So we suggest simply to click OK or if you need a totally unattended setup, format your Windows partition.

@Ligushka: please read this and try if that fix works for you too: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php? ... t-running/

geoslake

Post by geoslake » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:50 am

I tried this update pack a few times, and was never able to complete windows installation.
The boot and cd to hd files copy are done, then on first reboot, there's a message, which starts with "an attempt to write...".
Ive got no time to read it entirely, as it only appears for like, 0.5 secs.

I applied Onepiece on clean xp sp3 with nLite, then I removed unwanted stuff with Rvmi.
Then I nlited my windows folder.
Then I applied a few addons (m$ runtimes addon, and openal) with nLite, and saved the iso.

Any help welcome.

Cheers

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:36 am

@geoslake:
try to integrate only Onepiece pack and RVMi Compatibility addon on a clean XP SP3 source, save the .iso then test a VM installation.
If it is OK, then integrate with RVMi on the newly created source the Removal Addons you need, one-by-one (this means integrate first addon - build .iso - test on VM, integrate second addon - build .iso - test on VM, and so on).
If it's OK again, then use Nlite. If you got problems now you should verify every single addon or removed components (but at this stage it doesn't depend by this pack)

geoslake

Post by geoslake » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:54 am

Thanks for helping me out :)
Can I integrate the onepiece + rvmi compatibility fix in the same run, as this is not clearly stated.
Or do I have to integrate onepiece first, then close rvmi, then re-run it to integrate the compatibility addon ?

Thanks

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:14 pm

geoslake wrote: ...
or do I have to integrate onepiece first, then close rvmi, then re-run it to integrate the compatibility addon ?
EDIT: that is the right way.
Sorry, I wrote a wrong sentence before.

geoslake

Post by geoslake » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:14 am

Ok thanks.
So I just tried again, went through the tedious "one by one" thing. The finished iso, BEFORE NLITE, was ok, and booted properly.
But after I nlited it (i didn't integrate anything else, just enlighted), the same problem came up.
So I guess there's a problem with this addon, as I never encountered such issue with other update packs.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:43 am

Setting up personalized settings for: Microsoft Update

Advanced INF Install
Error: could not locate INF file 'OPMWXPUP.inf'

------

Since 2.6.1

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:11 am

@geoslake: what did you remove with Nlite?

@biatche: never seen that: have you used RVM Integrator?

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:44 pm

i used rvmi 1.6.1. tested with and without the 1.6.1 addon fix

Soroush_Gholami

@geoslake

Post by Soroush_Gholami » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:44 pm

@geoslake

Hello,

RVMi integration should be preceded by that of nLite.Moreover when using RVMi the target distination should be the same as the Source distination because if not RVMi either overwrites boot img files or copies only i386 and ValueAdd Folders.

Soroush_Gholami

Addding Additional Components

Post by Soroush_Gholami » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello Nono Fabio

I was wondering if you can arrange for the installation of .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 in your pack as a component (not a t=13 addon).

Also such other windows components are really worth being installed as Microsoft OpenType Font Extension.

By the way, since Klite Codec Pack can be installed thorugh its own inf you can add that to the pack as an upgrade to the WMP Codecs.

Could you arrange for .NET 3.5 SP1?

By the way, if you don't mind I can arrange for DirectX 10 to be installed on Windows XP.

beats

Post by beats » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:35 pm

The .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 can't be integrated as a true addon. And why on earth would you want non-Microsoft components like kLite in an update pack?

Soroush_Gholami

Post by Soroush_Gholami » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:41 pm

@beats

I didn't mean to do it as a simple addon with klite registered files.I just meant to update WMP codecs to make it capalble of handling a large number of files.

What about DX 10.I'm working on it.Do you think it is ok to do that?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:49 am

biatche wrote:i used rvmi 1.6.1. tested with and without the 1.6.1 addon fix
The RVMi Fix is always needed (unless you use Nlite... :wink:). It must be added separately in a second RVMi run in the updated XP source, before making the .iso. I want to clarify this because (my bad) it wasn't clearly stated in the first post

@Soroush_Gholami: please don't crosspost http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95039#95039

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:20 am

I had formatted 2 pcs previously without integrating the fix or integrating it properly.

what should i expect to go wrong with them?

beats

Post by beats » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:03 am

Soroush_Gholami wrote:I didn't mean to do it as a simple addon with klite registered files.I just meant to update WMP codecs to make it capalble of handling a large number of files.
There are many 3rd party codec packs already. Vista Codec Pack for example, does exactly what you (seem) to want. Besides, maintaining codecs will cost a lot of extra time due to all individual codec updates, solving conflicts between them, chasing bugs, et cetera.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:30 am

@biatche
If you haven't integrated the compatibility fix, Integrator could miss to add some reglines in dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif files. But in that case you get immediately errors like missing IE and WMP, no icons and so on.

About your issue, nothing important has changed from 2.6.0 to 2.6.1. If 2.6.0 worked for you, there's absolutely no reason for 2.6.1 not to work.
I assume you've done your integration test on a clean XP SP3 source, verifying pack MD5 hash, without adding any addon other than RVMi fix etc.
So, after having just completed 5 different integrations with english pack (using different sources) and 3 with italian one without a single error message, I don't know exactly what could be happened: a failed integration?

You could retry to integrate the pack in a new source using both RVMi (and fix addon) and Nlite and see if that message comes back again

Ligushka

Post by Ligushka » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:07 pm

nonno fabio wrote:@Ligushka: please read this and try if that fix works for you too: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php? ... t-running/
The command worked perfectly. Any chance of it being fixed in the update pack, though?

L38Crow

Post by L38Crow » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:08 am

Thanx for a good update-pack. With a newest version I had a problem - missing Internet Explorer short-cut in Start Menu.

I can still launch it from Program Files\Internet Explorer but it's not on Start menu by default. I tried integrating with NLite and with Ryan Integrator (+fix) - same results.

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090725/jtT4TW4wrW.jpg
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090725/qhc930AVW0.jpg
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090725/2mUUb0e61o.jpg

Choosing Internet Explorer as default Internet browser (picture 3) fixes a problem.

Update:

I didn't find the cause of the problem. But I found how to fix it. Running this command fixes a problem with IE shortcuts:
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\ie4uinit.exe" -reinstall

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:33 am

@Ligushka: No, because after hundred of successful tests, seems such a uncommon issue (Windows Search Service not started at first logon) is not related to pack itself.

@L38Crow: nothing is changed with this new release (only 3 updated fix). it seems a failed integration (.inf file not entirely applied). Retry using RVMi on a clean source with UpdatePack and then RVMi Repair addon, and build a new iso

Ligushka

Post by Ligushka » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:04 pm

nonno fabio wrote:@Ligushka: No, because after hundred of successful tests, seems such a uncommon issue (Windows Search Service not started at first logon) is not related to pack itself.
It's not even in the list of Services, not just disabled/not started.

KaptBlasto

Hi nonno. Have some things for you to look at...

Post by KaptBlasto » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Has Either You or Onepiece looked at Coreboot?

Understood that although it may have nothing to do with your addon, tho.
On a quiet night you can hear an old Packard Bell Box squall as it finally gives up the ghost, and yet another disgruntled victim of BillG, curses loudly as they crate it up and head back to COMPUSA to violently hurl it at the low-paid, pimply faced, customer service techs, placed there as cannon fodder, forever having to call on managers that never ever come to approve of the return.

geoslake

Post by geoslake » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:06 pm

nonno fabio wrote:@geoslake: what did you remove with Nlite?
Hi, this is what I removed :
http://rapidshare.com/files/260350812/X ... uly.09.ini
(no waiting)

geoslake

Re: @geoslake

Post by geoslake » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Soroush_Gholami wrote:@geoslake

Hello,

RVMi integration should be preceded by that of nLite.Moreover when using RVMi the target distination should be the same as the Source distination because if not RVMi either overwrites boot img files or copies only i386 and ValueAdd Folders.
Thanks for trying to help, but I don't quite understand.
If I integrate with nLite first, there's no need for Rvmi then...

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:52 am

updated IE8

geforce

Post by geforce » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:51 am

thanks nonno,263 is good

geforce

Post by geforce » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:39 am

hope add Adobe Flash Player ActiveX_10.0.32.18

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:48 am

done

moebius

Post by moebius » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:33 pm

hi,
We have some problems with KB973690 which contains a french language msi.dll file.
I used it in a french update pack replacing KB967756 (which give no problem) but some silent installers based on msi installers crash with unknow error. This take place on an integrated system but same thing on a live system.
Uninstalling KB973690 from a live system to back to KB967756 and all installers are installed succesfully..
So, Could you confirm or not this problem with this kb ?

Thanx for your great work :lol:

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:32 am

moebius

Post by moebius » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:14 pm

Thank you :lol:

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 am

you're welcome ;)

geforce

Post by geforce » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 pm

waiting 2.6.5

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:41 am

KB960859 07.08.09 Security update for Windows XP
KB968389 07.08.09 Update for Windows XP
KB956744 10.08.09 Security update for Windows XP
KB971557 10.08.09 Security update for Windows XP
KB971657 10.08.09 Security update for Windows XP
KB973354 10.08.09 Security update for Outlook Express
KB973507 10.08.09 Security update for Windows XP
KB973815 10.08.09 Security update for Windows XP
KB973869 10.08.09 Security update for Windows XP
KB961371 11.08.09 Security update for Windows XP

KB973540 08.09.08 Security update for WM10/WM11

KB958469 10.08.09 Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac v2.0 to v2.0.1
KB890830 11.08.09 MRT

geforce

Post by geforce » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:20 am

2.70 is good

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks again for such a speedy update! Insane!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:34 am

consider that the update was ready since yesterday but Onepiece's bad connection hold it back...
thanks!

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:20 am

Nonno Fabio or Onepiece,

there have been a couple of users in my update pack thread that say they get errors on Office2003 install because of KB973690 (msi.dll hotfix).

i was wondering if any users here of the Onepiece pack have any issues with the same so we can track down if reverting back to KB967756 is required.

other than that error i personally don't see anything wrong as i can install MSI or MSP installers.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:01 am

up till now (KB973690 is inside the pack from 2.6.4, 2 weeks ago) nobody has pointed it out.

IMHO the cause is not Windows Installer but a customized Office installation. I saw a long time ago with italian pack similar issues, but later we realized they were caused by some messed Office addons or shrinked Office setups
Last edited by nonno fabio on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:43 am, edited 4 times in total.