Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:06 pm

phox wrote:
nonno fabio wrote: Every Removal addon takes only 4-5 seconds to integrate.
The only annoyance is that you must integrate them one by one in single RVMi sessions
but I think it's nothing so impossible

It is not just question of time and annoyance but of principle:

Why first put everything in and then run RVM several times to remove unwanted components?
Why not make optimal update pack with options?
Is it to much work to make those components optional?

Thank you for your time and attention.
Please quit askin for major modifications...

This is called an all-in-one pack just like everyone has told you.

If you don't like it use another pack, there are a handful to choose form.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:31 pm

My question is:
why allow to remove "unwanted" components in an AIO pack, when there are more than one excellent plain updatepacks? Just for 1-2 hotfixes more? Anyone can add them with Nlite...

But Onepiece is more gentle and kind than me... ;)
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

phox

Post by phox » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:47 am

[quote="nonno fabio"]My question is:
why allow to remove "unwanted" components in an AIO pack,
when there are more than one excellent plain updatepacks?
Just for 1-2 hotfixes more? Anyone can add them with Nlite... [/quote]

Why offer scripts for removing "wanted" components?
Why nLite exist?

You are doing great job, but on the MS principle:
put everything in and leave users to strip it down.
Why it's not better do make it modular and give to the users opportunity to chose?
The only real XP post sp3 improvements are IE8 and WMP11, the rest is just MS forced marketing!

Thank you kindly for your time and attention.

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:51 am

phox wrote:Why it's not better do make it modular and give to the users opportunity to chose?
You can choose: use not AiO update pack, there are many such packs exist.
And use separate addons for each element...

phox

Post by phox » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:03 am

Thank you for enlightenment, I didn’t know that I am allowed to do it that way!!!

For your information, I am just trying to convince nonno fabio to make his
Update Pack even better!

woodburyman

Post by woodburyman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:00 pm

Hello! I've been a long time user of RyanVM's and your update pack, I largely remain silent however as your update pack works 100% perfect and I never have any issues with it. I usually make new CD's to use every 6mo or so. I am having a issue using your latest update pack.

I am using it along side the IE8 fix, and Search 4.0 remove, and also use Driver Pack installer for LAN devices only, and include a few installers such as JRE6, OpenOffice, and Infrarecorder as well at hte .Net 3.5 update that run at runonce from RougeSpear.

Once my install Finishes, everything works fine. However, I had issues when I connect USB HID class devices (Most of them that is...). I will plug in the device, a USB keyboard, after install, and it will prompt "Found new Hardware!" and will want me to click next to install. However.. if I only have the USB keyboard or USB mouse plugged in.. this presents a problem since the devices are not installed, and therefore mice do not work. On Vanilla SP3 install these devices just automatically install themselves such as a USB flash drive would with the standard USB Mass Storage driver.

If I hook a PS2 keyboard or mouse up, and click next, it will work fine and it auto-installs the driver after clicking next. Also, if I use these CD's on a system and use a USB keyboard or mouse during setup, they will also work. However, whenever they are plugged into a New/different USB port, istill am presented with the prompt.. however hte mouse and keyboard will work, I assume since USB HID mouse and keyboard dirvers were loaded previosly.

This again only occurs with HID devices. USB Mass Storage and any other hardware that normally just auto-installs itself without prompt work fine. I see there was some update a while ago that was included that did update USB HID device support .

Do you have a remedy for this? (Both a way to fix this in the intigration process and after setup). I have used these CD's I made on about 50 machines before I realized the problem, which causes our end users frustration to say the least. Any help is appriciated!
"I has a bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone"

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:00 pm

woodburyman wrote:I am using it along side the IE8 fix!
Do not use this addon (some strings in setuperr.log are better than broken install) or use nLite

woodburyman

Post by woodburyman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:27 pm

I'll give that a shot tonight. I'm not really sure why I used it other than I saw it fixed some errors in event log. This is my first time using this specific addon pack, I had used Ryan's in the past and just added my own updates on top of it.

It just seems odd for files that have to do with IE8 messing up just USB HID device drivers though, but i've seen odder things.
"I has a bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone"

avexmode

Post by avexmode » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:15 am

Is there any compatible Vista Bootscreen for "Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack v3.3.1-100123"?

So far I've tested this on "virtual Box" and it didn't work.

Code: Select all

ENU_AddOns_ResourcePacker_v1.5.4
ENU_UpdatePack_Addon_Vista_BootScreen
ENU_UpdatePack_Addon_Vista_BootScreen-Blue

Kontini&OnePiece_Vista_RTM_Blue_Boot_Screen_v5.1.2600.5857_AddOn_ENU
OnePiece_Vista_RTM_Boot_Screen_v5.1.2600.5857_AddOn_ENU
WinXP_Pro_Vista BootScreen Blue (5857)_addon
any help would be appreciated.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:04 am

@woodburyman: In some configurations IE8 cosmetic addon could contribute to mess up the XP setup, try to not integrate it as suggested by PashaZZZ.
On "live" systems, see if this work: insert your updated XP cd and run SFC /scannow from Start->run...

@avexmode: if you're using RVM Integrator you must rename Kontini&OnePiece_Vista_RTM_Blue_Boot_Screen_v5.1.2600.5857_AddOn_ENU file in Kontini&OnePiece_Vista_RTM_Blue_Boot_Screen_v5.1.2600.5857_Updatepack_ENU. Only in this way RVMi updates driver.cab too and not only i386 files
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

avexmode

Post by avexmode » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:11 am

nonno fabio wrote: @avexmode: if you're using RVM Integrator you must rename Kontini&OnePiece_Vista_RTM_Blue_Boot_Screen_v5.1.2600.5857_AddOn_ENU file in Kontini&OnePiece_Vista_RTM_Blue_Boot_Screen_v5.1.2600.5857_Updatepack_ENU. Only in this way RVMi updates driver.cab too and not only i386 files
Thank you nono for the tip (and yes I'm always doing my integration with RVMi) I will give it a try tonight.

However, I also found "LBS-Patcher.v2.4" from WinCert fprum and it works like a charm.

------

EDIT:

It worked, I should have integrate it as an "UpdatePack" and not as "AddonPack".

:D

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Just used this pack for a friend's computer that needed a format. Worked perfectly. Nice job!
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:34 am

Many thanks from me and Onepiece, Boss! ;)

BigBrit

Post by BigBrit » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm

You guys are amazing. To get this out the day after the Microsoft release is outstanding.
Thank you for your great work, you deserve medals.

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 pm

Sorry wrong Post topic.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:07 am

re: WBEM. Isn't this 'fix' essential to support the integration of SP3 on XP images that are created on Vista and Win7 systems?

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:39 am

The WBEM fix is essential when slipstreaming any addon or update pack into XPx86SP3 from within any host OS. But the fix has been incorporated into RVMi since v1.5.4 beta 2 and nLite since v1.4.5.5. It is no longer necessary to include it in any update pack or addon.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:34 pm

I understand. But I'm having a helluva time getting an SP3 integration to work without it. Using nlite 1.4.9.1 and/or RVMi 1.6.

The host OS is Win7/64, all was well 'last month' in that integrations ran correctly. They still run correctly if I stay at SP2, as soon as SP3 is in the mix things go south.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

You could try slipstreaming SP3 into your source from within a virtual machine running XP, then use that source as the starting point for all future integrations within Win7x64. Microsoft has documented at least one known problem when slipstreaming SP3 into XPx86 from within Vista/Win2008. Since Win7 is based on Vista this problem should still exist for you.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:16 pm

That's always the fallback but the $hit$ of it is that it *was* working as recently as last week. On the very same Win7/64 machine and hardware.

I wonder if shutting down all of WMI (the basis for the WBEM 'problem') on the host machine during an XP sp3 integration and subsequent nlite or RVMi run) would do any good.

And yes, I am integrating SP3 with a VL key.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:32 am

too late to update this inside updatepack, so here's an addon...
OnePiece_Adobe_Flash_Player_v10.0.45.2_AddOn_For_OPUPv3.4.0.7z
http://www.adrive.com/public/611757ac8e ... 455f4.html
http://www.uploadjockey.com/download/47 ... pv3.4.0.7z
Hahs MD5 8F1C5EA74118A58AB4411E2673E7D034
Size: 1.6 MB (1654028 bytes)

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:24 am

Tentative success with an SP3 integration on Win7/64.

I set the compatibility properties on the SP3 installer (WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe) to run as Administrator and in compatibility mode for WinXP SP2.

I did a few other things, but I believe that this was the key to get around the WBEM problems. Probably do NOT have to mess with the WMI/WBEM services.

I will do some deliberate testing over the next 2-3 days and report back.

mfarmilo

Post by mfarmilo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:15 pm

I always integrate using either NLite or the RVM Integrator, running under Windows 7 (as Administrator of course). Am I supposed to be seeing something not working ? Always seemed to work so far. I do occasionally get a disk that will give the 'new hardware detected' thing during install, but mostly I don't even see that.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Hmmm the winnt.sif removal method seems to have stopped working....

Botus

Post by Botus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi nonno fabio and OnePiece, great pack as always, thank you. A couple of things I would love an answer for.

1) since the last major overhaul of your pack I think in December. When installing Windows, integration now stops every time for driver install of terminal services (never used to). I always click don't go to internet and next step, have another look on the disk for the drivers. It always finds them and continues I think 3 times for screen keyboard and mouse. Only thing I do to the std pack is remove one at a time
OnePiece_Remove_Windows_Search_AddOn.cab
OnePiece_Remove_Windows_Management_Framework_Core_AddOn.cab

2) this pack is a great all in one addon, but if I use u_h pack and many of yours to create a very similar disk BOTH with:
DX9, IE8, MP11, Dot net 1.1, 2, 3, 3.5, Silver light, kels bonus pack and a few other tiny ones. On u_h's pack I'm left with a more than 100 meg smaller ISO. This means on u_h pack I can then add extras like quicktime, Java 6.18, Acrobat reader 9.31 and fit it on a single CD. I do not understand why 100 meg difference?

Any thoughts on either of these?

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:45 am

Botus wrote:1) since the last major overhaul of your pack I think in December. When installing Windows, integration now stops every time for driver install of terminal services (never used to). I always click don't go to internet and next step, have another look on the disk for the drivers. It always finds them and continues I think 3 times for screen keyboard and mouse. Only thing I do to the std pack is remove one at a time
OnePiece_Remove_Windows_Search_AddOn.cab
OnePiece_Remove_Windows_Management_Framework_Core_AddOn.cab
Try on clean XP SP3 & updatepack w/o removals. If driver install questions will be here, try other integration tool (RVMi/nLite).
Botus wrote:2) this pack is a great all in one addon, but if I use u_h pack and many of yours to create a very similar disk BOTH with:
DX9, IE8, MP11, Dot net 1.1, 2, 3, 3.5, Silver light, kels bonus pack and a few other tiny ones. On u_h's pack I'm left with a more than 100 meg smaller ISO. This means on u_h pack I can then add extras like quicktime, Java 6.18, Acrobat reader 9.31 and fit it on a single CD. I do not understand why 100 meg difference?
Using:
- Onepiece Update Pack
- Kel's Runtimes
- BTS text-mode mass storage DriverPack
- ENU_user SpeedUp post DPMS
- removed .NET 1.1
- removed DirectX for Managed Code
- removed BitLockerToGo
- removed WinMFC
- removed Windows Search
- some nLite removals

I386 folder is 420 Mb

krgh

Post by krgh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:09 am

Pasha_ZZZ wrote: Using:
- Onepiece Update Pack
- Kel's Runtimes
- removed .NET 1.1
- removed DirectX for Managed Code
- removed BitLockerToGo
- removed WinMFC
- removed Windows Search
- some nLite removals

I386 folder is 420 Mb
would You be kind enough to provide links for below addons/packs

Could you tel me what (what all if possible) you removed using Nlite.

Thanks in advance

regards
Hebbar

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:43 am

krgh wrote:- BTS text-mode mass storage DriverPack
http://www.driverpacks.net
Use DriverPack BASE to integrate drivers (i.e. text-mode mass storage drivers)
krgh wrote:- ENU_user SpeedUp post DPMS
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5800
Post DPMS version means "post DriverPack Mass Storage"
krgh wrote:Could you tel me what (what all if possible) you removed using Nlite.
I removed components long time ago from clean XP SP3 & now use already slimmed distrib...

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 am

updated.

BrowserChoice appears only to UE system at first logon but can be enabled for non-UE system too from Windows Component Wizard:

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/2447/catturaw.png

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8757/cattura2t.png

kandurak

Post by kandurak » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:32 pm

nonno fabio wrote:updated.

BrowserChoice appears only to UE system at first logon but can be enabled for non-UE system too from Windows Component Wizard:
Please explain what is UE system? If i use remove browser choice addon, what would happen and what would NOT happen to my system ?

Cheers.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:58 am

A Browser Choice update is available in the European Economic Area
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976002

Installing this hotfix on localized XP systems (DEU, FRA, ITA, ENG and so on) you'll see this at first restart
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1773/catturaqq.png
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/424/cattura2i.png

Nothing appears in the remaining localizations but according to this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019411/
Browser Ballot Screen can be executed even in non-EU system.

If you use "remove browser choice addon", nothing will happen to your system, simply Browser Ballot Screen will be removed from your source. If you don't use "remove browser choice addon" you can enable/disable/remove it from Windows Component Wizard and/or a Run... window.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Updated.

Now XP post-SP3 AIO UpdatePack can be integrated in a XP MCE 2005 SP3 source.

First you must slipstream Service Pack 3 on a clean XP MCE SP2 source with the help ofUniversal UpdatePack/Addon Creator.

Then integrate UpdatePack using Nlite or RVMi. As you know Onepiece's UpdatePack cannot include MCE-specific hotfixes, as RollUp KB900325 and KB973768, but you can run them from Svcpack at T-13: KB900325 needs a running .net 1.1 framework to install and it will find it.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:Hmmm the winnt.sif removal method seems to have stopped working....

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:39 am

Sorry, I've missed your previous post :oops:

The winnt.sif disabling component method isn't changed in latest versions.
Here's a test result with v3.5.1. using this winnt.sif file:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9189/catturac.png
MDX is not installed. See WCW:
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8113/cattura2x.png

Is this what you mean or have I misunderstood?

klob77

Post by klob77 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:43 am

I've been using your packs for over a year now....GREAT JOB Onepiece & Nonno! I was wondering if you guys would be able to incorporate the Code65536 FontReg 2.1.2 tool that's in user_hiddens pack into your pack. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication!!! :D

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Thank you very much. Unfortunately Onepiece has decided to include in his updatepacks Microsoft stuff only.
Sorry.

klob77

Post by klob77 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Ok. Thanks for the consideration. Keep up the great work! :)

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:02 am

klob77 wrote:would be able to incorporate the Code65536 FontReg 2.1.2 tool
You may run it at T-12 via cmdlines.txt

jqnson

Post by jqnson » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:04 pm

KB887606 - FIX: The Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) uses cached credentials incorrectly

umm isnt this an msxml 4.0 sp2 only update? you have sp3 in the pack :)
Danish Nerd :P

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:42 pm

jqnson wrote:KB887606 - FIX: The Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) uses cached credentials incorrectly
MSXML2.DLL in this update is the same version that in the pack. MSXML4.DLL in the pack is newer than in this update.

jqnson

Post by jqnson » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 am

Pasha_ZZZ wrote:
jqnson wrote:KB887606 - FIX: The Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) uses cached credentials incorrectly
MSXML2.DLL in this update is the same version that in the pack. MSXML4.DLL in the pack is newer than in this update.
I was right? :D Nice one :P

Also i found some other updates i dont think is needed? i would appreciate if the list could be updated and maybe if some more info about the content was added :)

really like this update pack btw <3

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 pm

jqnson wrote:
Pasha_ZZZ wrote:
No, this update partially replaced by MSXML4 SP3. MSXML4 part replaced, MSXML2 part is from this update...

jqnson

Post by jqnson » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:57 pm

Pasha_ZZZ wrote:
jqnson wrote:
Pasha_ZZZ wrote: MSXML2.DLL in this update is the same version that in the pack. MSXML4.DLL in the pack is newer than in this update.
No, this update partially replaced by MSXML4 SP3. MSXML4 part replaced, MSXML2 part is from this update...
Oh oka now i get it :)

ruslanx

Post by ruslanx » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:01 am

update pls !/?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:39 am

This month you must wait a few days more than usual:
New release will include .NET 3.5 (yes!!) and become 100% zero-MU, but it will weight 155 MB.
So Onepiece is waiting for Silverlight 4, to avoid to upload such a big load in a very short time:
# Silverlight 4 will ship on Thursday, April 15th
06:06 PM, April 13, 2010
At the Silverlight 4 Launch event at DevConnections in Las Vegas, Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft’s .NET Developer Platform, announced that Silverlight 4 will ship on Thursday, April 15th

ruslanx

Post by ruslanx » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:47 am

good news , will wait for release ...thx

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:25 am

If .NET 3.5 will be included then PLS double check that we can also install upcoming .net HotFixes. A lot of .net addons had update problems.

Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 am

nonno fabio wrote:New release will include .NET 3.5 (yes!!)
Include please .NET 4.0 too...

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:36 am

@Outbreaker: .net 3.5 will be integrated natively, "true mode", like 1.0 in XP MCE or like 1.1 in present updatepack (no installer is ran at T-13 or after) and it will include all MU-required hotfixes. It has been beta tested on a live pack-updated XP system by installing almost 100 request-only .net hotfixes (from Xable share) so I hope that it won't cause such issues.

@Pasha_zzz: .net 4.0 is totally different from previous 2.0/3.5 and its true integration needs a more accurate testing, so sure we'll have it but not inside this upcoming release.

jsp

Post by jsp » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:37 am

nonno fabio wrote:This month you must wait a few days more than usual:
New release will include .NET 3.5 (yes!!) and become 100% zero-MU, but it will weight 155 MB.
So Onepiece is waiting for Silverlight 4, to avoid to upload such a big load in a very short time:
# Silverlight 4 will ship on Thursday, April 15th
06:06 PM, April 13, 2010
At the Silverlight 4 Launch event at DevConnections in Las Vegas, Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft’s .NET Developer Platform, announced that Silverlight 4 will ship on Thursday, April 15th
When we expect for next release ?
Silverlight 4 has release.
Thanks