Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack FINAL

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
bbmak

Post by bbmak » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:59 pm

Thank you so much for all these years putting effort in the Windows XP update pack.

cosy

Post by cosy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:54 am

I have been one of your long followers on this wonderful journey you started.
I want to thank you for this wonderful job you have done up to the present...All appreciated.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:09 pm

thanks to all of you from Onepiece and me, really appreciate.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

maxtorix

Post by maxtorix » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:29 pm

@Onepiece The Very best Post-SP3 update pack ever made.
I think so, that is possible like final version of update pack for Windows 2000 which get from version 5.00 to 5.03 maybe also XP's Package to get some tweak/fix/change in next version maybe 1.01 or whatever. In that connotation I want to ask: Is there any possibility to be added all Visual C++ Redistributable Packages 2005-2013, and MSXML 4 and 6, to the package?

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:27 am

Woah man.... Thanks for the international packs.
I'm saving all your excellent intro texts, winnt.sif component lists, changelogs, whatsnews, etc. etc. in a single textfile, along with xpsp3 and the new packs, this (to me at least) is the ultimate XP pack...
I'm very impressed. VERY impressed!!! (Did I say I was impressed? I'm in awe!)
Thank you man, thanks x1000!!!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:50 am

you're welcome!

@maxtorix:
The very best UpdatePack doesn't exist, it's subjective matter. All the XP updatepacks available nowadays are here only thanks to first RyanVM's updatepack, so that will be always the very best updatepack for me, and for Onepiece too, I think.

I don't know if there will be one or more releases, but everything which was to be added has been already added.
Since the beginning of this project the idea is that All-In-One means "everything Microsoft Update asks for".
There are many useful tool to be added, like Powertoys, etc. but you can't add anything otherwise you'll never end.
Only VC++ runtimes required by integrated DotNets are integrated, you need just a good addon after Update pack like Kels' Runtimes v8.6.2 http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1954 or yumeyao Microsoft Runtime Libraries Collection (x86) http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8563
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:13 am

OK, I tested the Dutch pack, it worked fine, only thing is it had a few "file not found" errors during txtmode file copy. I believe there were around 6-8 files not found, among them ie4uinit.mui and mshta.mui.
I'm just a glorified noob, checked txtsetup.sif and looked for these two. I noticed the "_x" in the line, then I noticed there are only 6 lines in the file with both "_x" and a filename at the end of the line. So maybe these are the 6 files that are not found (sure looks like it...)

ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui
iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui
ieframe.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui
lhmstsc.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,,3,3,mstsc.exe.mui
mshta.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,mshta.exe.mui
msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,msrating.dll.mui

If you want me to do a reinstall to double check, I will... But maybe you already have a hint about what's the problem?
THANKS!!!!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks for pointing this out, it's all OK and you can ignore those lines, it's a workaround used to copy files in 2 different destinations for
installations from winnt32.exe (if you installs XP from CD they are useless ).
" _x" specify that file being copied is not archived as filename.xx_ but filename.xxx, so it tries to copy %Source%\ie4uinit.mui and it will not find it as in CD installation only %Source%\ie4uinit.mu_ is present.

lhmstsc.mui is antoher thing, it is not modified by UpdatePack, is default in CD and only following line is updated

Code: Select all

lhmstsc.mui  = 100,,,,,,_x,,3,3,mstsc.exe.mui  
this is a line added directly by Microsoft, the others are from entries.ini [TXTSETUP_SDFx86] file instead

Anyway it 's all OK as already said if the files are correctly copied in system like in this case

Use always qfecheck.exe /v for a deeper check:

QFECHECK>qfecheck.exe /v

Wind

ows XP Hotfix Validation Report for \\ONEPIECE-PC
    Report Date: 4/12/2014  10:57am

Current Service Pack Level:  Service Pack 3

Hotfixes Identified:
    KB909520:  Current on system.
    KB983234:  Current on system.

QFECHECK>pause
    Druk op een toets om door te gaan. . .

or Belarc Advisor Installed Microsoft Hotfixes NLD

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks, but what can I do to prevent the "file not found" errors at setup?
To be clear: right now, I have to hit Escape about 8 times at setup, of course I want to get rid of that.

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:21 pm

I did not understand during the installation open the Windows MesageBox which says etc etc etc that I have not found xxx file???
Image Image Image

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:12 pm

?? I'm talking about textmode setup not being able to find (around) 6 files.

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Nonno Fabio above refers to a info which may happen in some log files of windows setup, but not of an error that stops the installation of the windows or other etc etc etc, that should not happen, that not happened ever in more than 100 releases, all UpdatePack before putting the links online, always has been tested before

how did you integrated update pack, how install windows?, from the CD Boot or from the desktop (winnt32.exe) ??, it seems that something is wrong, because we have already installed the WinXPSP3 NLD MSDN + UpdatePack Final NLD (all 24 languages Exactly), and it's all OK

Ciao.
Image Image Image

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:40 pm

I used JFX's WinNTSetup, that must be it. Never had issues with it before (used it about 200 times with XP), so didn't suspect it.
Thanks very much for your help!

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:50 pm

I do not know, I have no idea what changes are running other programs, first you have to be sure that the official way is OK, so you need to do some testing yourself, install in Virtual Machine an clean WinXP, during the installation choose to create driver C & D, after integrate UpdatePack in WinXPSP3 clean with RVMi, after copy the WinXPSP3+UP in Desktop (Virtual Machine), and run\install (from "WinXPSP3+UP\I386\WINNT32.exe") WinXPSP3+UP in driver D, and see if you have problems

Sorry for my English

Ciao.
Image Image Image

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Just did a quick winntstup again, just to be sure which files are not found. They are:
ie4uinit.mui
iedkcs32.mui
ieframe.mui
mshta.mui
msrating.mui

Maybe somebody recognizes why they're not found. If not, no problem whatsoever, the install is working (just need to hit excape 5 times at setup), and someday I'm sure I'll find out what's going on.

Besides, I have a different updated XP iso that's working fine (it's just slightly less elegant, it has an older Dutch updatepack, separate Net/IE addons, couple of dozen loose hotfixes, etc).
It would just be nice to have this new one working 100% as well. I'm installing from a Win8PESE USB, using WinNTSetup. As I said, I've used this usb-setup for years now, it's very nice and has everything I need on one USB (boot, install XP/W7/W8, etc).

Thanks!

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:40 pm

OnePiece Alb wrote:first you have to be sure that the official way is OK, so you need to do some testing yourself, install in Virtual Machine an clean WinXP, during the installation choose to create driver C & D, after integrate UpdatePack in WinXPSP3 clean with RVMi, after copy the WinXPSP3+UP in Desktop (Virtual Machine), and run\install (from "WinXPSP3+UP\I386\WINNT32.exe") WinXPSP3+UP in driver D, and see if you have problems
Ciao.
Image Image Image

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Yes OnePiece Alb, I will do that, I just wanted to give some extra info on the missing files, because I hadn't been clear about them before. Your tips are VERY appreciated!!!

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:06 pm

there is nothing that can not be solved, but first need to make the point, to understand why you have problems

all doubts fall on dosnet.inf, maybe some third-party applications, are not able to know dosnet.inf well, maybe they do not know these line

d1,ie4uinit.mui,ie4uinit.mu_
d1,iedkcs32.mui,iedkcs32.mu_
d1,ieframe.mui,ieframe.mu_
d1,mshta.mui,mshta.mu_
d1,msrating.mui,msrating.mu_
d1,sqmapi.dll,sqmapi.dl_
to do one thing there are 1000 ways, so I have chosen this way as the safest way, will not ever fail

Ciao.
Image Image Image

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Thanks, I looked at dosnet.inf, the "not found" files seem to be those with that "double entry", all others are just single entries. Maybe I should test removing these lines, as the .mu_ versions of the files are not in the source folder. Maybe that's it?
I will ask JFX about them as well.

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Do not change anything, there's nothing wrong in UpdatePack
OnePiece Alb wrote:first you have to be sure that the official way is OK, so you need to do some testing yourself, install in Virtual Machine an clean WinXP, during the installation choose to create driver C & D, after integrate UpdatePack in WinXPSP3 clean with RVMi, after copy the WinXPSP3+UP in Desktop (Virtual Machine), and run\install (from "WinXPSP3+UP\I386\WINNT32.exe") WinXPSP3+UP in driver D, and see if you have problems
Ciao.
Image Image Image

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:27 pm

OK, I found a (first?) solution, thanks to JFX over at the WinNTSetup board:
copy (or compress) ie4uinit.mui (i386) to ie4uinit.mu_
same: iedkcs32.mui to iedkcx32.mu_
same: ieframe.mui to ieframe.mu_
same: mshta.mui to mshta.mu_
same: msrating.mui to msrating.mu_

Maybe this is not the official solution, but it works, maybe it will help others using PESE and WinNTSetup.
!!!!!Thank you again VERY MUCH for the new localized updatepack!!!!!

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi Atari800xl, Thank you

First - is important to know and understand, if a CD after the integration of UdatePack has or no problems during the installation for CD or from the WINNT32.EXE, this first step is very very important, because is how to integrate\do_something with nLite or RVMi and say I have problems is logical\obviou the first question is check\test the CD cleaner to understand and know if everything is OK, to understand and know later if the problem is in the integration\edit with nLite or RVMi etc etc, in this and all other cases need before making the official test first, and only after going to the other etc etc etc, can not I put my hand in the fire because everything is possible, human error is normal and always very possible ehhhhhh, but I'm more than sure that the official way (All the way Supported by Microsoft) is OKKKK because inside the UdatePack or CD after the integration of UpdatePack there is nothing non Official or unsupported by Microsoft, and because we tested it thousands of times, so I can tell you that the problem or error are not from UpdatePack, All this is very important because almost always due to lack of experience all (I do not mean just in this case, but I mean in general) immediately creating speculation about UpdatePack hmmmmmmmm

Second - Why this whole story, because by default txtsetup.sif (in WinNT32.exe mod not copy files, but it moves the file, so serves to indicate the lines in question (in DosNet.inf e TxtSetup.sif) to copy in two locations etc etc etc, I could put inside the UpdatePack also the cab file are only a few Kb ehhh but is not neccesary to do it, as said before there are 1000 ways to do one thing, we chose this as the most Save\Secure

Third - can not I tell you if the problem comes from WinNTSetup or anything other, because i have no idea on the changes they make the third-party applications, need to always ask the Dev of the program, for Real i have the greatest respect for the work of all and i can never judge the work of other, because it's not fair and honest (the problems will exist always who does not work does not make mistakes, Microsoft is the Best of Best, and every day at microsoft.com see only Update\Fix, we think of when they need them improve every day, think about the other after ehhhh), and in this case I do not know anything but I can only imagine of what may happen

Four - if I'm not mistaken for what we understand and what we are talking about an XP USB Boot (Right), I think since you want to call it txtsetup mod , I believe that the WinNTSetup calculates everything from txtsetup (in cases from the normal installation, txtsetup.sif is normal\obvious does not move but copy the file since is supposed the Source is ReadOnly ehhh, all this is not a problem because txtsetup.sif search\check for "filename.xxx" in %Source%\filename.xx_ && %Source%\filename.xxx so always finds the file, MSFN user knows well, gosh since 2004 already written about the txtsetup http://gosh.msfn.org/txtsetup.htm The _x means the file is not compressed on the cd. If this is missing, setup assumes the file is compressed etc etc etc ), if true that is the wrong way, Windows Setup (WinNT32.exe) does not work that way, Windows Setup (WinNT32.exe Mod 8.3 filename support only) copy the files from Dosnet.inf in %SystemRoot%\$WIN_NT$.~LS\*, and after reboot and after formatting use the Txtsetup.sif to copy\move files etc etc etc and This\Here is the problem in my opinion, for this reason after your modifications solve the problem, but normaly you do not need to do that, you need to report to Dev of WinNTSetup this thing, because this is not a real solution, if WinNTSetup has ignored the line of UpdatePack means ignored also these line, example (Default by Microsoft) Windows Xp Setup line

[Files]
d1,usetup.exe,system32\smss.exe
d1,ntdll.dll,system32\ntdll.dll
usetup.exe must be copied to system32\smss.exe etc etc, if all this is true this is a serious error in the interpretation of the Windows Setup File, I hope you understand the point

example in this case

;;DosNet.inf [Files] section
d1,filename.xxx,filename.xx_ 
d1,filename.xxx
I think\believe in USB Boot Mod need only (as the dosnet.inf indicate, here origial action of WinNT32.exe install)
to copy the filename.xxx, in %SystemRoot%\$WIN_NT$.~LS\i386\filename.xxx && %SystemRoot%\$WIN_NT$.~LS\i386\filename.xx_, because the compress uncompress file is not the problem, are just names to satisfy the txtsetup.sif, because during the installation the txtsetup use the SetupGetFileCompressionInfo && SetupDecompressOrCopyFile if is a cab file extract\copy it, if not copy the file as already, I have already written years ago some function in Autoit http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic ... ?p=1157806 I think that if WinNTSetup does not use SetupApi Function, must use always the SetupApi Function, for more compatibility with Windows Setup, so in poor words (if we talk for installation in WinNT32.exe Mod) WinNTSetup must read and copy the file by dosnet.inf (so how does the Windows Setup), I think\believe this is the problem there, thus during the normal installation (Boot Cd Mod) txtsetup.sif refers to the CD, instead during execution of WinNT32.exe mod, txtsetup.sif refers (as CD) to all the file indicated\copy by dosnet.inf (in %SystemRoot%\$WIN_NT$.~LS\*), and not to CD files,
as already mentioned above all this is just my opinion nothing else, Need to ask to the Dev of WinNTSetup for Save\Secure answers in this regard

as already mentioned in all post, is very important to first make the point, because in the end there is nothing that can not be solved, for a professional response\solutions wait Nonno Fabio

Sorry again for my English

Ciao a tutti.
Image Image Image

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:10 am

Wow! Thank you very much for that lenthy response! Thanks so much for taking the time to explain everything, I really appreciate that!
I mentioned your explanation on the WinNTSetup board, maybe JFX will take a look at it.

I want to say once more that I am REALLY impressed with the kindness of all you people!!! Making the packs, the software, explaining to (stupid) noobs like me, etc. etc. You're too kind!!!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:14 am

...professional...!?! Trust always Onepiece but not when he says I'm more professional than him! ;)

First of all, UpdatePack is not guilty in this case (and as usual...). When someone is asked to retry an integration with RVMi and nothing else than Updatepack and test on a VM is also to prove him that once again in windows default setup procedure everything works flawlessly.

Second, we can't support third-party tools for the above (Onepiece's post) mentioned reasons

third, but as we are very kind and helpful 8) so Onepiece has provided the above workaround to third-party app limitations, and here there is another one (provided by Onepiece, again)

Extract updatepack and delete following lines from entries.ini file:

d1,ie4uinit.mui,ie4uinit.mu_
        d1,iedkcs32.mui,iedkcs32.mu_
        d1,ieframe.mui,ieframe.mu_
        d1,mshta.mui,mshta.mu_
        d1,msrating.mui,msrating.mu_
        d1,sqmapi.dll,sqmapi.dl_

then rename:

ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui
        iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui
        ieframe.mui  = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui
        mshta.mui    = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,mshta.exe.mui
        msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,_x,244,0,0,msrating.dll.mui
        sqmapi.dll   = 100,,,,,,_x,44,0,0,sqmapi.dll

in

ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,,244,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui
        iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,,244,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui
        ieframe.mui  = 100,,,,,,,244,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui
        mshta.mui    = 100,,,,,,,244,0,0,mshta.exe.mui
        msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,,244,0,0,msrating.dll.mui
        sqmapi.dll   = 100,,,,,,,44,0,0,sqmapi.dll

then change these

[i386_compress]
    ;rvmtemp\extracted\ie4uinit.mui
    ;rvmtemp\extracted\iedkcs32.mui
    ;rvmtemp\extracted\ieframe.mui
    ;rvmtemp\extracted\mshta.mui
    ;rvmtemp\extracted\msrating.mui
    ;rvmtemp\extracted\sqmapi.dll

in

[i386_compress]
    rvmtemp\extracted\ie4uinit.mui
    rvmtemp\extracted\iedkcs32.mui
    rvmtemp\extracted\ieframe.mui
    rvmtemp\extracted\mshta.mui
    rvmtemp\extracted\msrating.mui
    rvmtemp\extracted\sqmapi.dll

under [EditFile] section add this:

I386\TXTSETUP.SIF,FileFlags,Add_FileFlags

and add this section:

[Add_FileFlags]
        ie4uinit.mui = 16
        iedkcs32.mui = 16
        ieframe.mui  = 16
        mshta.mui    = 16
        msrating.mui = 16
        sqmapi.dll   = 16

In other words, original entries.ini file was:

[EditFile]
        I386\TXTSETUP.SIF,SourceDisksFiles.x86,TXTSETUP_SDFx86

[TXTSETUP_SDFx86]
        ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui
        iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui
        ieframe.mui  = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui
        mshta.mui    = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,mshta.exe.mui
        msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,msrating.dll.mui
        sqmapi.dll   = 100,,,,,,,,3,3
and must become as follows

[EditFile]
        I386\TXTSETUP.SIF,SourceDisksFiles.x86,TXTSETUP_SDFx86
        I386\TXTSETUP.SIF,FileFlags,Add_FileFlags

[TXTSETUP_SDFx86]
        ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui
        iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui
        ieframe.mui  = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui
        mshta.mui    = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,mshta.exe.mui
        msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,msrating.dll.mui
        sqmapi.dll   = 100,,,,,,,,3,3

[Add_FileFlags]
        ie4uinit.mui = 16
        iedkcs32.mui = 16
        ieframe.mui  = 16
        mshta.mui    = 16
        msrating.mui = 16
        sqmapi.dll   = 16

archive UpdatePack again, never forget to select files from internal folder and not the outside folder.
Last edited by nonno fabio on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 am

Nonno Fabio, thank you VERY VERY much!!! I will try this when I get home, I have no doubts it will work perfectly. You are too kind!!!
Also once again thanks x1000 for all the localized update packs, really amazing...

PaulAuckNZ

Post by PaulAuckNZ » Thu May 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Will there be one more update??

Since MS just released a patch for IE inc XP?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri May 02, 2014 9:44 am

I don't think so.
For a single new patch, it's not worth rebuilding, retesting, reuploading and redownloading a full update pack.
Better adding the patch in your XP source with Nlite or extract the update file (-x:%DestUpdateDir% http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262841), copy KB*.cat inside ..\UpdatePack\SVCPACK and then copy files from %DestUpdateDir%\SP3QFE\* (mshtml.dll in this case) into UpdatePack, overwriting the existing one.

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Fri May 02, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks Nonno Fabio!!!! I tested it and it works nicely!
I extracted the new update and added the files to your localized Dutch pack. Now it's "Ultimate" 1.01 :-)
Thanks again!

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu May 15, 2014 11:02 am

new release (see changelog)

PJAmerica

Post by PJAmerica » Sat May 17, 2014 9:39 am

Any plans to include kb2932079, KB2931352, KB2926765 & KB2953522? I saw in the SP4 thread that the developer released his own modified hotfixes for these. You included the other stuff he made but not the above mentioned.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat May 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Since the beginning Onepiece has chosen to add only updates intended to be applied to XP, according to Microsoft update.inf files. There are no modified hotfixes in Onepiece's UpdatePacks and there will never be.
We haven't tested XP-embedded hotfixes yet but I think they should work. It's easy to add them using Nlite after Updatepack or manually add them as described 4 posts before, but at your own risk.

PJAmerica

Post by PJAmerica » Sat May 17, 2014 5:45 pm

nonno fabio wrote:Since the beginning Onepiece has chosen to add only updates intended to be applied to XP, according to Microsoft update.inf files. There are no modified hotfixes in Onepiece's UpdatePacks and there will never be.
We haven't tested XP-embedded hotfixes yet but I think they should work. It's easy to add them using Nlite after Updatepack or manually add them as described 4 posts before, but at your own risk.
Thanks for the reply and answering my question.

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Sun May 18, 2014 12:17 am

What about making an "Onepiece XP Post-SP3 EOL Update Pack"?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sun May 18, 2014 12:53 pm

There 's no need for it, DXUPAC is enough if someone wants to use XP Embedded updates

in MEGA & BOX UpdatePack\Windows XP Embedded folder is already available.

Open DXUPAC and add to source only XP Embedded Updates, then get files from OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_%Local% folder; as default DXUPAC copies always

AddOnRes.dll
entries.ini
NETFX20.IN_
NETFX30.IN_
NETFX35.IN_
NETFX40.IN_
OPMWXPUP.inf
qfecheck.exe
so all remaining files in OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_%Local% folder are the XP Embedded updates; in other words, you need only to copy/move/change all files from OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_%Local% to UpdatePack, or ignore (Default) files and using only files which remain inside OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_%Local%
or, again, delete entries.ini file from OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_%Local% and rename OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_%Local% in OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_EOL_AddOn, then open NotePad e copy this text

[general]
builddate=2014/05/18
description=OnePiece's Windows XP Post-SP3 EOL Update Pack
ServicePack=SP3
title=OnePiece's Windows XP Post-SP3 EOL Update Pack
version=2014
website=http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx
Windows=XP
save as OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_EOL_AddOn\entries_EOL.ini, archive OnePiece_WinXP_Post-SP3_EOL_AddOn with CabTool or 7-Zip and integrate the AddOn after UpdatePack using nLite\RVMi

link: VIDEOTUTORIAL
Last edited by nonno fabio on Mon May 19, 2014 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun May 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Well, I feel like a complete moron, because I still don't understand how to do it. I've downloaded the localized Embedded updates from "Box", downloaded and ran DXUPAC, and have "Dutch", "Windows XP" and "Update Pack" selected.
Could you please help me along a tiny bit, what do you mean by "add to source only XP Embedded Updates", I can't figure out what's the next step.
Sorry, as I said I already feel so dumb...

EDIT: Wait, I just used DXUPAC and used "Browse to the location which contain the hotfix/ Update file *.exe" to select the folder with the two Dutch Embedded updates, then hit "Start". So it was as simple as that... Looks like this took me one step further...

EDIT2: Wow... I think I got it now. Sorry, but I didn't use DXUPAC before, after using it once I see all the folder names you were talking about etc. I also see now how you were talking about either adding the "stuff" to an existing pack, or creating a second pack alongside it. Amazing work...

You're a genius, thank you so much for sharing all this great stuff with us.

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun May 18, 2014 2:07 pm

Just to be clear: With this method, we can use the original/ unchanged POSReady updates?

Outbreaker

Post by Outbreaker » Sun May 18, 2014 2:22 pm

You can use the changed or unchanged POSReady 2009 updates the changed one have only a unlocked installer for Windows XP Home/Professional. ;)

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun May 18, 2014 2:34 pm

Thanks Outbreaker. As you might have noticed, I'm following both harkaz' thread (to create the standalone updates) and this (nonno's) thread. The standalone ones obviously need the modification (just learned how to do that), but it looks like nonno's method doesn't even require it.
Have you done any testing already? Quite nice, no?

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun May 18, 2014 2:43 pm

why need to complicate things ??, they are all very simple, as already mentioned\said Nonno Fabio just use nLite (the method used by millions of users for over 10 years, just add Hotfix) or http://youtu.be/leIdJLGsF9M

Ciao.
Image Image Image

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun May 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks for taking the time, really appreciate it.
I certainly don't want to complicate things, just trying to have a little fun :-)

don1959nLite

MS Silverlight did not install

Post by don1959nLite » Tue May 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Tried to use your Update pack 102 all went 98% ok: Silverlight did not install. Thanks to fixing this in the next version.
Regards, Don

tor44

Post by tor44 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:46 pm

I integrated OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v1.0.2_FINAL_ENU into Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.N.Retail.SP3 with nLite and after installation and system startup I get "Application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found" error.

I found framedyn.dll on some dll website and placed it where it belongs to %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Wbem\ and everything seems to work again.

It's just weird it was missing in the first place, for some reason..

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Tue May 20, 2014 6:22 pm

don1959nLite wrote:Tried to use your Update pack 102 all went 98% ok: Silverlight did not install. Thanks to fixing this in the next version.
Regards, Don
there are no problems there (there's nothing to fix in UpdatePack), check again the process of integration, use a WinXP CD Clean, and integrates UpdatePack with RVMi, and do a test to see if everything is OKKK
tor44 wrote:I integrated OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v1.0.2_FINAL_ENU into Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.N.Retail.SP3 with nLite and after installation and system startup I get "Application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found" error.

I found framedyn.dll on some dll website and placed it where it belongs to %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Wbem\ and everything seems to work again.

It's just weird it was missing in the first place, for some reason..
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 316#136316
nonno fabio wrote:framedyn.dll//srclient.dll, the mother of all integration errors! I was really young... SP2 integration!!
http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/faq.html
I get errors involving "framedyn.dll" after integrating your SP2 update pack.
This problem is caused by a failed integration of the Update Pack.
As all of us ol'guys knows, you get a framedyn/srclient.dll error mostly when an .inf file doesn't find a file in XP CD.
The cause is never the updatepack itself, but probably a corrupted XP source

If you want to know what's happened, real windows setup log files, for example C:\Windows\setuperr.log, or remove from WinNT.sif file the option

[Unattended]
    UnattendMode=FullUnattended
or change it in

[Unattended]
    UnattendMode=DefaultHide
so windows setup can tell which file it isn't able to find

Regarding Windows N edition see here
http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/5143 ... entry82946
Ciao.
Image Image Image

PJAmerica

Post by PJAmerica » Tue May 20, 2014 11:37 pm

Something changed because nLite screws it up everytime. The final 1.0 worked fine. But since 1.0.2 nlite fails to slipstream it in one way or another. That's without altering anything at all. Clean source. So something changed for sure. I can't download RVM Integrator as it throws errors on siginet's site.

I need RVM_Integrator_1.6.1b2.1

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed May 21, 2014 1:17 am

You can get the latest Integrator from Siginet's forum.

I'm curious, how does nLite fail? What errors or symptoms do you have?

PJAmerica

Post by PJAmerica » Wed May 21, 2014 9:07 am

5eraph wrote:You can get the latest Integrator from Siginet's forum.

I'm curious, how does nLite fail? What errors or symptoms do you have?
I don't feel like registering just to download something. As for errors. It seems to vary. I thought it was my system at first because various features would be missing or it would error on startup like mentioned above. Just odd. I tried it on my other PC and ended up with the same results. a lot of stuff ended up not being installed like paint accessories etc. I never remove anything. I am just at a loss really.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed May 21, 2014 9:53 am

I was mirroring v1.6.1b2.1 until a bad apple flagged it as a copyright-infringing file. Since I can't prove it's mine, I can no longer host it on my own file-share. :(

PJAmerica

Post by PJAmerica » Wed May 21, 2014 10:15 am

5eraph wrote:I was mirroring v1.6.1b2.1 until a bad apple flagged it as a copyright-infringing file. Since I can't prove it's mine, I can no longer host it on my own file-share. :(
Life goes on. Seems I can manually add hotfixes just fine. It's just hard to figure out what all hotfixes I need and that will install without modification in nlite. Anyways, this is getting off topic so I will refrain. Thanks for the replies.

maxtorix

Update XP today - still possible (hack)

Post by maxtorix » Sun May 25, 2014 8:53 am

How-to-Update-Windows-XP-after-End-of-Support!

Source

Just import this reg file:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001
(Today there are two updates (one of them for IE8)
@nonno fabio: Is it possible to use this workaround method for developing of this OnePiece Post-SP3 Update pack to continue?

,greets

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sun May 25, 2014 11:51 am

who wants to use it, can add it simply using an svcpack addon, example

config.txt
;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c REG ADD \"HKLM\\SYSTEM\\WPA\\PosReady\" /v Installed /t REG_DWORD /d \"00000001\" /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!
OnePiece Add Embedded Support v1.0.0.0 SvcPack AddOn
Image Update (25 May 2014)
Hash MD5 28460672575066366A629C210E55B42A
Filesize: 0.18 MB (188292 bytes)

in poor words is all simple, each Embedded hotfix has this inside, so need to satisfy [Prerequisite] section
[Prerequisite]
condition=CompositeOp,OrOp,Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded.Section

[Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded.Section]
OrOp=Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded1.Section
OrOp=Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded2.Section
Display_String="%A6Blocked%"
[Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded1.Section]
EqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded\ProductVersion",FeaturePackVersion,0x00000000,==,"SP3"
EqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"SYSTEM\WPA\WEPOS",Installed,0x10001,==,1
[Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded2.Section]
EqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"System\WPA\WES",Installed,0x10001,==,1
EqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"SYSTEM\WPA\POSReady",Installed,0x10001,==,1
so use the addon above, or
;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c REG ADD \"HKLM\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\WindowsEmbedded\\ProductVersion\" /v FeaturePackVersion /t REG_SZ /d \"SP3\" /f"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c REG ADD \"HKLM\\SYSTEM\\WPA\\WEPOS\" /v Installed /t REG_DWORD /d \"00000001\" /f"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c REG ADD \"HKLM\\SYSTEM\\WPA\\WES\" /v Installed /t REG_DWORD /d \"00000001\" /f"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c REG ADD \"HKLM\\SYSTEM\\WPA\\PosReady\" /v Installed /t REG_DWORD /d \"00000001\" /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!
OnePiece Add Embedded Support v1.0.0.1 SvcPack AddOn
Hash MD5 CCA2186A87F43DD7813C7AF1DC454848
Filesize: 0.18 MB (188386 bytes)

or
;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c REG ADD \"HKLM\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\WindowsEmbedded\\ProductVersion\" /v FeaturePackVersion /t REG_SZ /d \"SP3\" /f"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c REG ADD \"HKLM\\SYSTEM\\WPA\\WEPOS\" /v Installed /t REG_DWORD /d \"00000000\" /f"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c REG ADD \"HKLM\\SYSTEM\\WPA\\WES\" /v Installed /t REG_DWORD /d \"00000000\" /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!
OnePiece Add Embedded Support v1.0.0.2 SvcPack AddOn
Hash MD5 DB18BAC80EC8077096CBD35A543CB452
Filesize: 0.18 MB (188104 bytes)

or (example) open notepad
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded\ProductVersion]
"FeaturePackVersion"="SP3"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001
save as Embedded.reg and use http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9945 DX Registry TWEAKS True AddOn Creator to ceate Embedded True AddOn

remember microsoft will just have to use a custom.dll that will make a more accurate control as in the case of the timezone update
[Prereq.CheckRegistry.Section]
PresentOp=CheckCustom,,tzchange.dll,IsInstallable,"%TZ_VERSION%"
EqualOp =CheckCustom,,tzchange.dll,IsInstallable,"%TZ_VERSION%","==",1
Display_String="Update cannot be installed as a newer or same timezone update has already been installed on the system"
(the same thing add\using a CustomAction in update.msp) and will immediately close all ;), however just do as Nonno Fabio already suggested above http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 141#137141 and everyone will be able to integrate all unofficial updates in cd

Ciao a tutti.
Last edited by OnePiece Alb on Mon May 26, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Image Image Image