=[FEAR]=JIGSAW wrote:With my latest integration the install screen hangs a while just before the "F8 eula" screen ....
only thing that I added extra this time was the silverlight addon.
there is also a longer than normal pause at T39
that's exactly the time dedicated to detect possible storage media from within or attached to the computer, that might serve to xp installation or:
- partitions, some problems with the formatting of
- usb disks & sticks forgotten attached
- newly added disks
- resident tiny partitions forcibly and stupidly created by prior win7 installations
- preexisting boot files from older but still viable xp installation
- bios disabled floppy along with physically present floppy unit
- new sata oem drivers integrated
and more like it
delete the partition, targeted to install xp, before recreating and formatting it ntfs.
it is normally to hang more at t13, make the same silverlight addon with the proper switch to make it visible the progress bar... you will see an almost abnormal hanging time, right before finishing the install of silverlight on an installed xp