Question about Manual Setup and Upgrade

Windows XP Professional Update Pack discussion.
AndutzU

Question about Manual Setup and Upgrade

Post by AndutzU » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:46 am

Hello everyone, after lots of tries it seems I got accepted to this forum. Appreciate the people that do a great job on releasing updates for the software I integrated in my OS.
Quick question: After slimming xp and making it perfect for personal use a while ago, it came through my mind that it would be easier to install from USB. Of course firstly I will test if it installs correctly with all the modifications but there's a problem. I removed "Manual Install and Upgrade" and usb installations require this feature.
The question is: What files does nLite remove and modify when this feature is eliminated and... Is there any way I can reintegrate it without starting over?

If trying to install without that using a USB integrated with WinNTSetup v2 it gives an error saying: Cannot find GRLDR
Disk Error

If integrated with Novicorp WinToFlash it just says "NTLDR is missing".

mooms

Post by mooms » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:04 am

Just redo the work with nLite ( minus the "Manual Install and Upgrade" obviously)
You can load the last session in nLite so you do not have to redo all the selection.
But don't forget to start on a non-modified source!
Alteration of the world
Want to thank me ? If you buy something on Banggood with this link, I will earn a little %.

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:32 am

personally I remove manual install and upgrade (I is required if your installing windows by upgrading old one
by running setup.exe,removal saves 44 mb) then I use winsetupfromusb or rufus to make bootable usb stick.

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:20 am

why r we waking the dead ?