SERVICE PACK 1 ????

Windows Vista Update Pack discussion.
JUDGE

SERVICE PACK 1 ????

Post by JUDGE » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:02 am

:?: Hi ,well vista sp1 is upon us ,can we intergreat it like updates eg as in Vista_Update_Pack_V1.0.7....
everything i am reading says that you can not slipstream it.but sum MS tech's have been quoted as saying you can simply add it to the updates folderof origanal DVD image with iso program and then simply burn and it auto deploys? sounds a bit to simple. any thoughts

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:13 am

SP1 for Vista cannot be integrated with a Vista DVD. There is an unofficial method that was worked out which you can find on the web, but it was extremely complicated and too much like a hack to make it worthwhile in my opinion.

Reportedly when SP2 comes out for Vista, then it will be made integratable. Vista has no Updates folder and my understanding is that even making an Updates folder will not enable automatic installation of updates added to that folder.

The Updates folder does exist in Office 2007 and is how SP1 for Office 2007 is added to it, because it's not integratable either. All this method does is after Office 2007 is installed as normal, it automatically runs all the updates found in that folder, so it's not integrating obviously, it just does the separate steps of installing and updating more conveniently in one go.

The only way of having SP1 already integrated on a Vista DVD is to buy it that way.

JUDGE

Post by JUDGE » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:52 am

:D Well looks like vlite had done the impossable.

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:23 am

Yep, posted about that here http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6124. I wonder what method he uses: if he basically implements the reverse integration technique that people had manually figured out for themselves but was complicated and long?

I think I'll head over to that forum and see what he's said about this.

electrogen

Post by electrogen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:27 am

Well it looks like Vista SP1 can now be slipped with "WAIK".

Here is the info for those who dont already know.
http://www.msfn.org/board/Tutorial-How- ... 16725.html