Promising news about vLite and Vista Service Pack 1

Windows Vista Update Pack discussion.
roirraW "edor"

Promising news about vLite and Vista Service Pack 1

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:09 am

http://www.vlite.net/

vLite 1.1.6 beta 2
2008.03.31 by nuhi
Here is the fixed version. Besides few fixes there are 2 components, WLAN and Firewall that are really tied into the Slipstreamed SP1 finalization routines so they are hidden as of now, but only when configuring slipstreamed image, others don't have that limit. Will fix that eventually, but for now those two issues (loop and blank features) are solved.

vLite 1.1.6 beta - SP Slipstream
2008.03.28 by nuhi
Oho, another version. Service Pack Slipstream support. Consider that feature a true beta test.
vLite had a hidden Slipstream page since the service pack betas so this was not so hard to adjust. You can see it by running older vLite with /sptest switch.
However it stopped working on the final SP1 when MS locked it down.
So this version should work again. Try this latest one and let me know of any issues with the Slipstream.
Of course it is always better to either capture or get a preintegrated DVD because MS said that integrating is not recommended before SP2 is out.

Important notes:
- slipstreaming x64 SP from x86 host is not supported, you need x64 host
- make sure that you have at least 4GB free at the partition where your temp folder is located (check in Options)
- SP1 supports only these 5 langauges for now: English (US), French, German, Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).
vLite 1.1.5 beta
2008.03.27 by nuhi
Some new removals, important language integration fix and finally a universal preset format.
Older version non-English saved presets will not load.

Changelog:

v1.1.6 beta 2
new: 'Media Metadata Handler'
fix: Cpanel - Features blank after SP1 slipstream
fix: Logon loop after removing components with slipstreamed SP1
v1.1.6 beta
new: Vista Service Pack 1 Integration (Slipstream)
v1.1.5 beta
new: 'Character Map'
new: 'DHCP'
new: 'Disk Cleanup'
new: 'Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC)'
new: 'Interactive Services Detection'
new: 'Notepad'
new: 'Photo Metadata Handler'
new: 'Quality Windows Audio Video Experience'
new: 'TV Tuners'
new: 'Windows Ultimate Extras'
new: More Languages removable
upd: Universal preset files (old non-English will not load)
upd: Display drivers separated
upd: Removed the (vLite) tag from the OS title
fix: Windows could not install the selected language
Last edited by roirraW "edor" on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:20 pm

That is very encouraging news!
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Very good news. Have to give a test.

ScOOt3r

Post by ScOOt3r » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:00 pm

Well i slipstreamed Vista Service Pack in my x64 but during a test in vmware it keeps telling me that its installing service pack 3/3 and keeps rebooting, and rebooting etc.. not sure if this is something i did or if its a result of vlite.

ScOOt3r
Go Canada Go!

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:03 pm

You should report it in the vLite forum and help them fix issues like this since the slipstreaming support is still beta. Did you do anything else with vLite other than slipstream SP1?

ScOOt3r

Post by ScOOt3r » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:57 pm

thats the only problem i have encountered so far all my other modifications/changes have worked flawlessly. i love vlite

ScOOt3r
Go Canada Go!

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:03 am

Just thought I'd ask because if you made other modifications with vLite, then it could be the problem they already knew about (in the first post):
be careful with removals after Slipstream. Some reported loop on first logon. Slipstream alone works just fine, it is the removals that has to be checked. Use virtual machines for testing before real install. Checking this.
Yeah, I love vLite and nLite too! :)

ScOOt3r

Post by ScOOt3r » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:16 am

Yeah thats exactly what it is doing, "looping", well im suprised that they cant narrow it down to what the removals are that is causing the problem.. i guess i will wait and see. i posted something on the forum about it..just waiting for a reply.

ScOOt3r
Go Canada Go!

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:23 am

I'm confident it will be resolved. It's probably a removal in conjunction with his method of SP1 slipstreaming, because the latest non-beta of vLite (v1.1.1) worked fine with my Vista Ultimate installation disc that already has SP1 slipstreamed (by Microsoft), and I do fairly heavy customization.

ScOOt3r

Post by ScOOt3r » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:05 am

Well i appreciate the info, and im hoping that this gets resolved quickly, but at the moment i can live without the service pack as vlite does some great work.

Now if only vlite could/would allow for installation of addons of svcpacks eg: office, nero etc., but i hear thats the next step.

Thanks (roirraW "edor")

ScOOt3r

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:30 am

Edited with latest info (and also changes which were done in previous beta):

vLite 1.1.6 beta - SP Slipstream
2008.03.28 by nuhi

Update: recommended to wait for beta 2 if you plan on slipstreaming, otherwise it is fine.

- be careful with removals after Slipstream. Some reported loop on first logon. Slipstream alone works, it is the removals that has to be checked. Use virtual machines for testing before real install. Checking this.
- SP1 supports only these 5 langauges for now: English (US), French, German, Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).
- Control Panel - Features blank, fixing.

vLite 1.1.5 beta
2008.03.27 by nuhi

Some new removals, important language integration fix and finally a universal preset format.
Older version non-English saved presets will not load.

armond

Post by armond » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Guys
,I think that this forum is not a discussion for VLite issues. Please talk about VLite in its forum. Thank you!

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:28 pm

armond wrote:Guys
,I think that this forum is not a discussion for VLite issues. Please talk about VLite in its forum. Thank you!
:shock: Uh, already said this:

[quote="roirraW "edor""]You should report it in the vLite forum and help them fix issues like this since the slipstreaming support is still beta. Did you do anything else with vLite other than slipstream SP1?[/quote]

Guess we're not allowed to mention vLite here. Maybe you should let the moderators moderate. :rolleyes:

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:04 pm

Edited with latest info about vLite v1.1.6 beta 2.