Page 1 of 1
[Expired] Dougiefresh's Vista SP2 Update Pack (x64)
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:05 am
My site has been suspended twice due to excessive file usage since posting the Vista UpdatePack to my website. Due to this suspension, I am removing the Vista UpdatePack from my site. Please do ask for it, as I won't be posting it elsewhere.....
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:09 am
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:06 am
I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU!
Also do you plan on updating this and adding those 3.5 instructions?
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:54 am
Yup yup. Instructions on installing .NET Framework 3.5 and related patches can be found here
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 pm
(August 29, 2012) - 56.3 MB (MD5 Hash: A0D0F6DC07E0A636B0090FBF055329F0
Included Updates as of August 29, 2012:
- KB2722913 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
- KB2653956 - Vulnerability in Windows could allow remote code execution
- KB2655992 - Vulnerability in TLS could allow information disclosure
- KB2658846 - Security update for DirectWrite in Windows
- KB2659262 - Security update for Windows GDI+
- KB2660649 - Security update for Windows Journal
- KB2676562 - Security update for Windows kernel-mode drivers
- KB2677070 - Automatic updater of revoked certificates is available for Windows Vista
- KB2679255 - SQL Server data corruption when a memory range is accessed by the....
- KB2685939 - Vulnerabilities in Remote Desktop could allow remote code execution
- KB2688338 - Vulnerability in TCP/IP could allow elevation of privilege
- KB2690533 - Vulnerability in Windows Partition Manager could allow elevation of privilege
- KB2691442 - Vulnerability in Windows Shell could allow remote code execution
- KB2695962 - Update Rollup for ActiveX Kill Bits
- KB2698365 - Vulnerability in Microsoft Data Access Components could allow remote code execution
- KB2705219 - Security update for Windows Networking Components
- KB2712808 - Security update for Windows Networking Components
- KB2718704 - Unauthorized digital certificates could allow spoofing
- KB2719985 - Security update for XML Core Services 3.0
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:44 am
this updatepack work for windows 2008 sp2?
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:29 pm
To the best of my knowledge, this pack is meant strictly for Vista. I think Windows 2008 SP2 is closer to Windows 7 than to Vista, but update packs are usually designed for a specific OS so I believe that Windows 2008 would need a pack designed specifically for it.
Cheers and Regards
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:41 am
Thanks Dougie... I appreciate the hard work you put into this, to be sure.
I wonder if you have had any success in building an installation that has the updates applied to all versions?
I can do it with Win 7, but for some reason I cannot make a Vista disk that has the updates (and tweaks) applied to each of the versions on the DVD. My results, using VLite or WinToolKit, are such that whatever version I build is tweaked and updated, but none of the others.
I have tried running VLite several times, selecting a different version to be rebuilt, but it has only corrupted the installation disk.