Onepiece Win2k postSP4 UpdatePack v5.0.3 FINAL

Windows 2000 Professional Update Pack discussion.
AndyMutz

Post by AndyMutz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:51 pm

thank you VERY much.

-andy-

alphasurfer

Post by alphasurfer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:26 pm

When integrating this win2k update pack and the directx update pack i get these errors while installing windows 2000. I noticed also that wmp 9 wont run, it gives an error. I am using nlite for the integration, Im gonna try it with the other intergrating app and i will report back later on. Thanks for the time creating these packs....

http://i36.tinypic.com/2wfljxv.jpg

and

http://i37.tinypic.com/2q30k7b.jpg

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:37 am

@alphasurfer: in first screenshot, if you click OK and give the path of wmp9 files in CD, W2k setup goes on? If yes, could you verify in dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif files if Plylst1.wpl is listed?

Could you also test an integration with RVMi 1.5.4 beta and see if you have the same result? Unfortunately we can't reproduce this error and we need your help...

thx
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

alphasurfer

Post by alphasurfer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks for the reply! I intergrated using rvmi and all was well. I think somehow nlite screwed things up when i removed some components from win2k, I made sure to keep all wmp and even internet explorer but somehow it must have removed the needed things. RVMi is what i will use for now on for intergrating!

mikeypsquared

8.3 long name support?

Post by mikeypsquared » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Thank you for making this software, and making it possible for an up-to-date windows 2000 install.

I have a request, i noticed how when i integrate your latest release (3.4.0) that in ryanvm int, a file (wsus3setup.cat) exceeds 8.3 long name support. I need this support, sometimes i have to start the windows install via dos mode (winnt.exe) It complains about the file missing. I would normal not need this, but i encountered a laptop without a cd-install option.
I was wondering tips or ways on how to optimize this file for compatibility.
thanks!

Donovan

Post by Donovan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:22 am

I'm having a problem with Update Pack 3.3 and 3.2 (haven't tried 3.4 yet) under VMware Workstation 6.5. WMP 9 is not the default player, and trying to make it the default player has no effect. You can check all the file extensions off but they don't stay checked when you restart WMP.

Is this a known issue because WMP9 is not officially supported under W2K? Any work-around, or should I just manually register all the extensions?

EDIT: I've tried both nLite (1.4.9.1) and RyanVM Integrator (1.5.3).

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:50 am

@mikeypsquared: yes, it's so because if a new MU/WU engine is installed, then there will be no duplicated .cat files, one with 8.3 filename and the other with long one.

To work around this before update pack integration, you should extract wsus3setup.cat and rename it in 8.3 standard (i.e. wsus3stp.cat) and change every referral in entries.ini from wsus3setup.cat to wsus3stp.cat.

If you have already integrated Update pack in CD you must uncab wsus3setup.ca_ file, rename it as wsus3stp.cat and recab it; then extract syssetup.in_ file, find wsus3setup.cat and change in wsus3stp.cat. Do the same with dosnet.inf e txtsetup.sif.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

mikeypsquared

Post by mikeypsquared » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:48 pm

thank you nonno fabio! Your solution worked, and in fact it worked with my just renaming the references in entries.ini

However, I'm having the same results as what Donovan posted, and i included screenshots to show you. WMP is the default media player, however with few filetypes.

When you open wmp, you can't set default file types, (can be done manualy) whether you use the select all, or manual select it to handle all those file types, it won't apply those associations.

Also another bug that wasn't discovered until now is the roxio burning for wmp is doesn't function at all. wmp cannot initialize and prompt me to reboot my computer(which i did, and retried). burning any music is broken in this wmp

So i decided to see if it was just my computer and vm 6.5, and so i installed copy of windows 2000, and install updates along with updated wmp, ie, direct x. And everything works. I'm pretty sure its not my pc, or installation disc for 2000, i use the OEM. This is a screenshot of what everything should look and work like

Im pretty sure this is a bug within this release along with your WMP addon(tried both) You can try yourself. I have not applied any custom tweaks to the windows, this is a clean win2k sp4 oem disc.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:50 am

WMP9 addition needs to be rebuilded from scratch.
Those issues will be solved in a next release.
Thanks you all for pointing them out

buletov

Post by buletov » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 am

Nice pack, but you should add the EnableBigLba registry entry to enable support for >128MB hard disk access on atapi controllers by default:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305098

Although support for 48-bit LBA is included in Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3) and later,
it is still necessary to create the registry change that is described in the "Resolution" section of this article.
Never know what life is gonna throw at you.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:35 am

Thanks for suggestion.

buletov

Post by buletov » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Huh, I meant >128GB drives... :)
Never know what life is gonna throw at you.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:09 am

Updated.

The reglines suggested by Buletov has been temporarily added in a separate addon

mikeypsquared

Driver issues

Post by mikeypsquared » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:55 am

Thank you for the updated release, and taking the time to completely rebuild the wmp. I am encountering a few errors, and i'm sure this issues weren't in previous releases.

I'm not 100% on what the issue is, just the symptoms include weird device driver install issues. I have confirmed this with nlite and ryanvm(1.5.4)

Whenever you plug in, say a flash drive, it goes to automatically install it(like it should) then it found new hardware, and you have to click next, etc. And it does find the drivers, however i have to click though a bunch of next, and yes i want to install this with no digital signature. A normal windows 2000 install, wouldn't even promt me, but install it automatically. Again, this problem has not surfaced in your previous releases. I am using a non-modified windows 2000 disc. I am integrating it on a windows xp host.

A normal windows 2000 install would normally just install it, and automatically install the thing. This isn't such a serious issue, just kind of an annoyance.

I have tried removing 'warn me if i install unsigned drivers' to ignore, various drive prompts in gpedit.msc, and removing WFP. It has the same symptoms as nlite setting where u can remove all the cat files, to save time on t39 installs. I've even tried microsofts registering re-registering of files

a screenshot can be seen here

i don't know where the issue resides, but i think it has something to do with catalog files, because i've seen this issue appear when i once used nlite to strip out catalog drivers and wfp. Please try yourself if you have a flash drive or any other device windows should work out of the box. I don't know much about making a pack, but perhaps u can see what you did in your older packs to make drivers not prompt?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:24 am

your setuperr.log file would help us.

However UpdatePack patches Syssetup.dll file: this causes t-39 non signed driver message but you can easily avoid them, if you have a Winnt.sif file in your I386 directory adding the famous driver signing policy exclude lines

mikeypsquared

Post by mikeypsquared » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:45 pm

my setuperr.log in the %windir% contains this:

Code: Select all

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\winnt\inf\drvindex.inf] is not signed properly
by Microsoft.  This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.
Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\winnt\system32\syssetup.dll] is not signed properly
by Microsoft.  This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.

I have installed windows with and without the winnt.sif; changing this has no effect, but my i think the line u were referring to was DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore. My winnt.sif reads:

[Data]
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=DefaultHide
UnattendSwitch="Yes"
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
It prompts for every pnp driver windows normally would just install. To give more examples, alot of times when installing windows sound drivers, it installs the drivers, but promts for every driver that could be attached to a sound device such as audio codecs, kernel hardware mixer, etc.

I tried patching the WFP(windows file protection) to be off. during and after the install. So whether WFP is on or off, the files in setuperr.log are still having issues

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:03 pm

@nonno fabio, did will onepiece release soon new update pack for win 2k ?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:26 am

mikeypsquared wrote:my setuperr.log in the %windir% contains this:

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\winnt\inf\drvindex.inf] is not signed properly

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\winnt\system32\syssetup.dll] is not signed properly

I have installed windows with and without the winnt.sif; changing this has no effect, but my i think the line u were referring to was DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore. My winnt.sif reads:

[Data]
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=DefaultHide
UnattendSwitch="Yes"
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
It prompts for every pnp driver windows normally would just install. To give more examples, alot of times when installing windows sound drivers, it installs the drivers, but promts for every driver that could be attached to a sound device such as audio codecs, kernel hardware mixer, etc.

I tried patching the WFP(windows file protection) to be off. during and after the install. So whether WFP is on or off, the files in setuperr.log are still having issues
Syssettup.dll is normal: you can ignore it because the original syssetup file is restored at the end of installation.
We aren't sure but when RVMi repacks Driver.cab, Drvindex.inf lost its signature. However we haven't never seen issues about this.

USB issue happens only in a few systems but we weren't ever able to reproduce it: Winnt.sif usually works.

Could you post a QFEcheck.log? thanks

@shon3i: I really don't know. Onepiece is very screwed up with his PC problems

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:30 am

@mikeypsquared:
Copy from a clean win2k sp4 CD LAYOUT.inf file in your %windir%\inf folder, overwriting existing one. This should solve the issue.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:39 am

Are the links not working or is it me having problems on my end?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:27 am

I've tried now but links seems to work

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:42 am

Odd but I can't get this with either IE7 of FF portable... I tried two different systems... maybe it has somehting to do with my internet routing
EDIT: I kept trying and trying and eventually got them using FF

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:29 am

Just got them both with IE...

Took several tries though :O

Any chance of an update soon? Pretty please...

AndyMutz

Post by AndyMutz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:57 am

i get the following error with the new 3.6.0 version:

after browsing manually to the i386 folder on the cd and selecting flash.oc_, the installation continues.

-andy-

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:17 am

check Hash MD5 2408242D56FB5FF8383DA9448707D592 ??

and posted the link was wrong in its first release, but already changed after 5 minutes, one sees that the downloaded pack 2 minutes after publication :D :wink:

Amitri

Post by Amitri » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Many thanks for the new version. Do we still need LBA 48 bit addon or is it included with 3.6.0?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:41 am

It isn't included yet.
The beta LBA addon will be probably re-released in setupreg.hiv mode and then included in a future UP.

AndyMutz

Post by AndyMutz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:35 pm

ok, my hash differs. i will redownload and retest.

-andy-

AndyMutz

Post by AndyMutz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:49 pm

sorry, it took me so long, i was out of town.
anyway, with the redownloaded version the problem is gone, so all is well :)

-andy-

the_guy

Post by the_guy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:02 am

The link is down, is there another location to download the update pack from?

the_guy

AndyMutz

Post by AndyMutz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:57 pm

http://ifile.it/aeysbnf

MD5: 2408242d56fb5ff8383da9448707d592

-andy-

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:14 pm

link is restored.

Sorry for the inconvenience

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:36 am

updated.

Now Update Pack includes .Net 1.1

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:42 am

I'm getting an error after integrating the pack in Windows Server 2000 SP4. It was asking me to insert the "Windows 2000 Professional" disk in the drive. When I said OK and clicked Browse, the file it needed, "xmleula.rt_" was there in the I386 folder of the CD. I just selected it and clicked ok. After clicking ok now, setup continued. But after copying files and installing some middle COM+ or something like that stuff, it restarted the OS. I was running on VirtualBox. I tried on VMware too, but the same problem.

Do you have any idea what's wrong with it ? I integrated the pack with Windows 2000 Professional and its working fine. :(

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:06 am

All I can say is a software without its support is waste of time. POOR SUPPORT.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:46 am

:rolleyes:

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:36 am

nonno fabio wrote::rolleyes:
Mate seriously. I really need that thing in urgent. I'm out of time already. If you want a list of things I tried to sort out, here is it. I tried my best, but seriously I can't do anything without. I just need to get rid of those 2 files.

I tried in following environments

1. Tried in VMware
2. Tried in VirtualBox
3. Tried in Parallels
4. Tried in Microsoft Virtual PC
5. Tried in my live system (It was hard due to my existing Windows 7 :( )

I tried with following software

1. Tried integrating with RMVi on Clean Windows 2000 SP4 Server
2. Tried integrating with nLite on Clean Windows 2000 SP4 Server

Everything's giving me that error. Also some things I've tried.

1. I've extracted the update pack and edited all files and removed all entries of

xmleula.rt_ and xmleula.rtf
9seriesd.wm_ and 9seriesd_wmz

from all files in the extracted files
2. Repacked it with 7zip and again integrated into clean source with RMVi and nLite too.
3. Same thing's happening.

Again.... I had a hope that there has to be some way to do this, googled a lot. Then did one thing, extracted the whole ISO and again removed all entried of those files.

Did again all that blabla, on every environment, but same problem. So you are my only and last hope. I just can't do anything from now. I sent you a PM and you didn't replied.

I know there's earthquake in italy and you're safe mate. :P

Would you mind giving me a quick solution. I want to help you to help me. What do I need to provide to you ? I will post all files you need. I just need to sort out that problem.

So please please please please please, help me to sort out that problem. Seriously, if you tell me how do you do that magic of creating the update pack, may be I can help you to write a documentation.

Thanks in advance, hoping to get support my friend. :)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:46 am

Sorry, I can't help you by myself: I've already informed Onepiece about your issue but he hasn't replied yet; I know he's very busy at the moment.

I'm sure he will verify and reply as soon as possible. But I hope you know that an Update Pack is not a software and it hasn't technical support...

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 am

nonno fabio wrote:Sorry, I can't help you by myself: I've already informed Onepiece about your issue but he hasn't replied yet; I know he's very busy at the moment.

I'm sure he will verify and reply as soon as possible. But I hope you know that an Update Pack is not a software and it hasn't technical support...
No, I'm sorry. I thought you are Onepiece :lol:
And yes, Update Pack does the more important work than a software can do and that's why technical support is must. I would love to provide the support here when he's busy. Its just that I don't know how things work.

By the way, thanks for your support. :)

AndyMutz

Post by AndyMutz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:56 pm

i tried the postsp4 3.7.0 updatepack together with the directx 3.7.0 updatepack and it all worked without any kind of error.
integrated with rvmi 1.6.1 beta 2.1 into a clean 2000 pro sp4 source.

-andy-

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:15 am

AndyMutz wrote:i tried the postsp4 3.7.0 updatepack together with the directx 3.7.0 updatepack and it all worked without any kind of error.
integrated with rvmi 1.6.1 beta 2.1 into a clean 2000 pro sp4 source.

-andy-
Its working fine for me too. But my problem is about Windows 2000 Server SP4 ;)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:11 am

Yes, because the pack is intended for Windows 2000 Professional only.

Add this small addon in your integration list to fit 2000 Server

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:37 am

nonno fabio wrote:Yes, because the pack is intended for Windows 2000 Professional only.

Add this small addon in your integration list to fit 2000 Server
Thanks mate for the quick reply and solutions. I've downloaded the file and building it with nLite. Will report back you soon. :)

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:58 am

It didn't work. Broke my existing setup. Its restarting the PC after filling the user details and at the part of copying files in GUI mode. setuperr.log file is empty. :(
Is there any other way to integrate updates ?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:49 pm

I'm sorry. That addon was created some times ago for an italian user who needed to update a w2k server source and it worked flawlessly.
Actually there would be no need for such addon because, as you did, this could be solved giving the right path to the requested files during setup.
The only difference in setup infs is this:
Professional:

[SourceDisksNames.x86]
1 = Windows 2000 Professional CD,\cdrom_ip.5,,\i386
Server:

[SourceDisksNames.x86]
1 = Windows 2000 Professional CD,\cdrom_is.5,,\i386
But probably there's something else: you wrote that you got the issues even with UpdatePack only on a clean SP4 source using RVMi 1.6.1b2.1 without touching anything, isn't so?

aimfiend

Post by aimfiend » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:56 am

i use rvmi 1.53 and upack 3.7 both on win2k pro and advserver, win2kpro passed all windows update check , but not on advserver , WU tells missing ROLLUP1V2 hotfix KB891861, i changed disk label and also some other sfc files , nothing worked , finally i found "llsrv.exe" is older version, as in rollupv1 , it is newone:) and it is server only file:) hope u guys know that and do some change

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:37 am

nonno fabio wrote:I'm sorry. That addon was created some times ago for an italian user who needed to update a w2k server source and it worked flawlessly.
Actually there would be no need for such addon because, as you did, this could be solved giving the right path to the requested files during setup.
The only difference in setup infs is this:
Professional:

[SourceDisksNames.x86]
1 = Windows 2000 Professional CD,\cdrom_ip.5,,\i386
Server:

[SourceDisksNames.x86]
1 = Windows 2000 Professional CD,\cdrom_is.5,,\i386
But probably there's something else: you wrote that you got the issues even with UpdatePack only on a clean SP4 source using RVMi 1.6.1b2.1 without touching anything, isn't so?
Sorry mate for the late reply. I was thinking there's some problem in my actual source, so I just tried some other clean SP4 source. Tried integrating with nLite and RVMi 1.6, both things are giving me same problem of browsing those 2 files. I checked for errors in my update pack, but the hash is same.
Also then I checked txtsetup.sif as you said, I found no entries of cdrom_ip in that. All entries are related to cdrom_is. Then I scanned the whole directory for the cdrom_ip using ultraedit "search in files" feature, but not found a single entry of that.

if you need logs of anything, ask me. I will be happy to provide you those.

Thanks in advance and once again sorry for late reply. As I was getting another source, just to make sure the source is clean and there's no problem at my side.

Waiting for your reply. :)

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:24 am

Please reply, atleast tell me how to remove those 2 entries as those files are not important I guess. :(
I'm still waiting for the solution. :(

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:57 am

OMG

Extract update pack

open entries.ini

Delete the offending file names lines. xmleula.rtf & 9seriesd.wmz

Add:

[obsoletefiles]
xmleula.rtf
9seriesd.wmz

to the bottom of the entries.ini

SwapsRulez

Post by SwapsRulez » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:OMG

Extract update pack

open entries.ini

Delete the offending file names lines. xmleula.rtf & 9seriesd.wmz

Add:

[obsoletefiles]
xmleula.rtf
9seriesd.wmz

to the bottom of the entries.ini
Yay, its me creating multiboot DVD. :P I remember you telling me the project is ambitious.

Anyways, I extracted that. Removed all entries of those files and inserted the

[obsoletefiles]
xmleula.rtf 
9seriesd.wmz
At the end of the entries.ini. After that packed the thing with the 7zip again and applied the update pack using RMVi 1.6 to the clean source of Windows 2000 Server SP4.

Still there coming the same prompt. But another gotcha, when I browse the file and continue the install, computer(virtual machine) is restarting. No idea why its happening, but I guess setup requiring those files because they are not actually from the 7zip update thingy, xmleula.rtf may be coming from MSI of xml setup. Though no idea what's its scope or how to remove it.

Its becoming more and more critical. :rolleyes: