[Tool] DX WinNT6.x True Integrator for Vista/Seven/8/8.1/10

Windows 7 Update Pack discussion.
nonno fabio

[Tool] DX WinNT6.x True Integrator for Vista/Seven/8/8.1/10

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:44 am

Onepiece's DX WinNT6.x True Integrator for Windows Vista x86/x64, Windows 7 x86/x64 and Windows 8/8.1 x86/x64

WinNT6.x True Integrator v1.0.1.2
Image Update (18 December 2014)
Hash MD5 D2A6036C787226FEC545062DFB982F5F
Filesize: 1.75 MB (1841664 byte)

DX WinNT6.x True Integrator (formerly DX Integrator) is a DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) GUI, based on Microsoft command-line Dism.exe, included as default in Windows 7 (see here for info http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 10%29.aspx).

You can use it to integrate hotfixes, updates, drivers, features and especially .cab addons (even in "true" mode") inside your Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 source (only .cab addons can be integrated with DXI at this moment: no 7z, rar, etc.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlIPWj88ek0 NB. For time/space saving reason Windows PE x64 is used in this video tutorial, which shows also how to apply modifications to more than one Windows edition using the same mounted image.

For Addon Makers: WinNT6.x True Integrator Addon Syntax

Existing XP True addons can be added by simply modifying the entries.ini file and adding [SysPrepOC] section, for example:

Code: Select all

[SysPrepOC]
    CCleaner=advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection,CCleaner.inf,CCleaner
or

[SysPrepOC]
    Silverlight=setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection,MSSlight.inf,Silverlight
XP Svcpack addons don't need any modification but they won't appear in Installed addon list view, however they can be installable/uninstallable same way of true addons.

Credits: Siginet http://www.ittechware.com has inspired this tool. Thanks also to Nuhi, Kelsenellenelvian, ricktendo64 and all the mates.
Thanks also to Stephen Podhajecki Eltorro (Author of XMLDomWrapper) per _XMLGetAllAttribIndex function and trancexx (Author of CRC32, MD4, MD5, SHA1 -for files) for _MD5ForFile function.

Changelog:
1.0.0.0: final release
1.0.0.1-20110518: improved/fixed entries.ini ReplaceFilesIfExist directive
1.0.0.2-20110519: improved/fixed Run(Pre/Post)SetupCommands directive process
1.0.0.4-20120415: fixed EN-GB visualization issue (thanks to gray); fixed wrong MsgBoxes; fixed addons integration issues in Vista; added full compatibility with Windows 8
1.0.0.5-20120430: fixed a bug which could causes issues with HCKU registry
1.0.0.6-20120716: fixed a bug with DirIDs
1.0.0.8-20130419: improved Windows 8 integration
1.0.0.9-20130925: added support to ADK v8.1
1.0.1.0-20131007: enable .net v.3.5.1 install/unistall in Windows 8
1.0.1.1-20140512: improved Windows 8.1 compatibility
1.0.1.2-20141218: improved Windows 10 compatibility
Last edited by nonno fabio on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 47 times in total.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:44 am

Onepiece's DX WinNT6.x True Integrator is a DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) GUI, based on Microsoft command-line Dism.exe, default in Windows 7 (see here for info http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 10%29.aspx)

DX WinNT6.x True Integrator is full international: your system language is selected on start by default but if you have different languages you can force to start with needed one by adding the "language display name" in a /%LANG% switch, ie, if your Windows 7 has english and german langpacks add "/German" (without quotes) for german (switches list)

Once started, you must choose wim image path, mount directory and kind of image you want to modify, then press "Mount".
Mount dir must be any directory different than your %systemdrive% (if not, WNTTI stops with an error message to avoid damaging your running system) and must have at least 20,480 MB of free space. DX Integrator can work also on a previously mounted image and automatically remount it only if needed.

Now DX WinNT6.x True Integrator can process all Windows editions (starter, home, pro, ultimate,...) in single WIM files. The edition to be mounted is the one highlighted in blue with your mouse. If you need to process other editions, then add a check in correspondant checkbox (in the example, #2 will be mounted and modified. When finished, automatically #1 and #3 will be processed at the same way)

Important! you must click on "next" if you want to process all editions you've checked. If you click on "apply", only the edition higlighted in blue will be processed.

Next step you can enable and disable Windows features. Please be careful here, because if you choose to enable or disable unsupported features, your image will be damaged and become unusable, so you must unmount the image and mount it again. When done, press Apply to immediately apply the modifications to the image or Next to apply them at the end.

Then you can add packages like hotfixes and langpack. Both *.cab and *.msu are supported but it's better to use .cab files extracted from *.msu packages, because DISM.exe handles them more directly.
You can also uninstall from image an existing hotfix (listed in the upper packages list) by clicking on "state" column.
DX Integrator is also able to recognize file version and silently uninstall older hotfixes or deny obsolete ones installation.
The order of hotfixes integration can be changed and everything is checked when you press "apply". You can also check the correct integration of every single hotfix in image by switching "IGNORE-CHECK" (default) in "CHECK-STATE" but remember that this requires additional 20-40 seconds per hotfixes and now there are about 300 w7 official-unofficial hotfixes...

Now you can add drivers. The upper window lists existing third-party drivers which you can also choose to uninstall, in lower window you can add new drivers in your image (force unsigned driver to install option is activated by default)

to be continued...(?)
Last edited by nonno fabio on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 am, edited 11 times in total.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:47 am

Ooh, looks interesting...
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:56 am

Cool Thanks ;)

Will test this sometime soon.

PS: Does this only do hotfixes? or "addons" as well ?

Strych9

Post by Strych9 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:02 pm

This looks great! Another nice tool to continue the transition into the mass deployment of Win7...

My experience is that SYSPREP is so far beyond crippled that it leaves me searching for alternative methods.

Your thoughts???

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 am

Not sure about the name: DX Tools. When I first saw it I immediately thought of DirectX - I associated the Dx with DirectX and the name DX Tools could be a litte confusing. Why not DISM Tool? (Or is the use of DISM prohibited?) :D

Found DXTOLLLOG.log in \Temp folder - I think it should be created in the same folder as the Dx_Tool.exe is located.

Also the entries in DXTOLLLOG.log were all run together - all in one long line; that makes it difficult to read and see what had happened. :shock:

Suggest the .log file be created in such a manner that the date and time start each line entry for the action that occured; for example (from my attempt):
2010-08-01 20:32:18 : Installing 852.inf
2010-08-01 20:32:18 : Installing 1 of 56 - C:\Win7 Drivers\InfInst\Inf\All\852.inf: The driver package was successfully installed.
2010-08-01 20:32:29 : The operation was successful.
2010-08-01 20:32:30 : Installing 855.inf
etc

Also, when Dx_Tool is run it should create a subfolder \LogHistory and subsequent log files should be moved here as the program is run; similar to what happens when the RyanVM Integrator or Office Integrator is run. (I can assume checking with those folks on how that is done is a simple matter.)

When Dx_Tool finished I noticed the Mount folder was empty - is that what was supposed to happen? I ask because I had copied the DVD to a folder on the hard drive and was unable to tell if the contents had been changed/updated. I had assumed the files/folders in the Mount location were going to be changed/updated - was I wrong or did I miss something?

I was not quite sure of what was going to happen so if I missed something or more information is needed let me know and I will try to compile comments in a step by step fashion.

Over, though, the program looks very useful.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:11 pm

yes, the name could confuse somebody but only "DISM tool" is a little reductive because sooner or later it will be able to integrate addons and so on.

DXTOLLLOG.loG uses the default DISM syntax, at the moment is not complete again in this beta stage. Anyway the full and detailed log is in C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\*

Yes, when Dx_tool is finished the Mount destination folder must be empty
Last edited by nonno fabio on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:52 pm

I believe I found a pretty big typo

When it is looking for features and drivers it says "Check-in" when it SHOULD say "Checking"

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:26 am

Hi Kelsenellenelvian, Thanks, that's my English :(, not the past or to Nonno Fabio line before putting in those tools, because that is temporary, because I'm not yet finding the location of "Checking" in the MUI Win7, as the all-in Tool INTL but remain some parts still need to find the MUI Win7

Thanks again for reporting.

Ciao.

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:12 am

nonno fabio wrote: DXTOLLLOG.loG uses the default DISM syntax, at the moment is useless in this beta stage. Anyway the full and detailed log is in C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\*
I found the log in \Windows\Logs\DISM and after I quick look at it I wasn't sure what I was reading compared to the log file I found in \Temp which listed those actions taken after drivers and/ot updates were applied.

Are these two log files in different locations being used to list two different actions being taken by the program? What info is the user supposed to get from the two?

Still checking it out. Learning curve is rising.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:56 am

"\Temp" log describes basically DX_Tool, so it lists also a part of what DISM does.

"\windows\logs\" log is more detailed but it concerns DISM operations only.

Normally "/temp" log should be enough in case of small issues, even if it is not "final" but if you got big errors better refer to MS log in windows folder
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:54 pm

I'm a little lost. I started Dx Tool, did an image, selected Mount Dir, added hotfixes, added drivers, selected Apply, bar went across, files/folders in Mount Dir disappeared and I had nothing but Error: 0cx1420117 with no idea as how to fix, where everyhting went, or what was supposed to happen.

I am not familier with DISM or what it is supposed to do but make everything disappear I would think was not supposed to be the end result.

I did review the log files in \Tmp and \Windows\Logs\DISM but found nothing there to indicate problems. :cry:

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Yes everything was supposed to disapear.

See the mount dir is just a WORKING folder. After cooking your image the wim is repacked and the folder contents are deleted.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 am

ChiefZeke wrote:I'm a little lost. I started Dx Tool, did an image, selected Mount Dir, added hotfixes, added drivers, selected Apply, bar went across, files/folders in Mount Dir disappeared and I had nothing but Error: 0cx1420117 with no idea as how to fix, where everyhting went, or what was supposed to happen.

I am not familier with DISM or what it is supposed to do but make everything disappear I would think was not supposed to be the end result.

I did review the log files in \Tmp and \Windows\Logs\DISM but found nothing there to indicate problems. :cry:

You've seen this, isn't it?

This could happen when one of the involved folders is open in an Explorer window when DISM runs, so it guess it's used by another process and breaks.

How to do? Close and restart DX Tool

Click on "Cleanup-Wim"

and wait 2 seconds. That's all, now you can remount your image

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:Yes everything was supposed to disapear.

See the mount dir is just a WORKING folder. After cooking your image the wim is repacked and the folder contents are deleted.
Then what happens? The original image has now been updated to include all the items I had selected; i.e. update packages, drivers, etc? If this happened then what am I supposed to do next? Create and ISO and burn a new DVD?

I ask because I did have Explorer open, monitoring what was going on, when the files disappeeared and I did not see any change to the the files located in the Image Mount location - or is this what caused the error 0xc1420117? Explorer should not be open and then the original files are updated?

I am attacking this as a long time user of the RyanVM Integrator, the Office Integrator, the Office Slipstreamer, update packs, addons, and Driver Packs - so, again, a steep learning curve as I am very familier with how they operate and was expectign a similar functioning of the DX Tool.

Using Process Explorer I found out DX = Denis X (OnePiece): cute :D

Later the same day as above.

Ran DX Tool Beta with Explorer closed - no error message but I still have no idea what I did or what the result is - I noticed no change in the folder holding the copy of the DVD - the Image.

Somebody please explain.

Thanks

Still later - same evening. Above comments are from when I ran DX Tool beta on my Win7 64-bit system. After paying attention, above, I decided to try Win7 32-bit - went much better: DX Tool > Image > Mount > Updates > Drivers > Apply > Start > Done - no errors.

So, what did I really do? I did check and found that the install.wim file had a new create date: today; for both 32-bit and 64-bit Images - so, is that it? Now what - ISO and a new DVD?

Learning curve is flattening out. :shock:

jfcarbel

Post by jfcarbel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:11 pm

nonno fabio wrote:yes, the name could confuse somebody but only "DISM tool" is a little reductive because sooner or later it will be able to integrate addons and so on.
So this tool is aimed to become the RyanVM Integrator for Windows 7?

Does this mean that current "True" AddOns would be supported by this tool? Is that the goal?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:48 am

oh, well, with due respect to great Siginet, the goal is more and less that.
Thanks to Microsoft, is more easier to integrate "true" addons in Windows 7 than in XP. There are different ways to do it but probably Onepiece will choose SetupComplete.cmd, the safer one because it is ran at the end of windows setup.
But if integrating is easy, fine tuning will be more complicated. But stay tuned.. ;)

P.S. minor update: fixed typos pointed out by Kels (thanks) and McAfee (old version) AV false positive, due to Restorator (now Reshacker is used. File is UPXed as before)

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:34 pm

"McAfee" .... oh boy .... how i hate McAfee ....
probably the best "false positive" finder when it comes to AV software :(

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Great work OnePiece Alb! I think if anyone here can make sure our community has a Win7 Integration utility that we can support it would be you. :) I wish I was able to code a Win 7 tool. But my life seems to be very busy all the time. Every time I talk about doing a Win7 tool the real world gets in my way. ;)

I personally give OnePiece permission to use any concepts from the RVM Integrator. I actually welcome them to you. I will be beta testing this tool very soon as well.

Thanks Again OnePiece! May the force be with you! ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi Siginet, Thanks :wink:

Actually I'm working on the integration of the AddOn in DX Tool, and almost 80% of the work, I think we will succeed in integrating Win 7, all True AddOn that integrate RVMi nLite Windows XP, or thought it would be better after release DX Tool under the Name of SiginetSoftware (why not just say, but my work in AutoIt and was really inspired by your work, not only by fate that in RVMi, but all work in general), so after all the moderators (of SiginetSoftware.com) can improve the code if necessary, as happened to you could happen to me and all others, I mean not to have more time to connect often ect ect, so I think would be best for the whole community

however, my English is still that of Google Translate, just enter Nonno Fabio will write to explain well what I meant.

Thanks Again

Ciao.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:59 pm

That sounds great! So if I understand correctly you DX Tool will have the ability to convert most addons created for the RVMi to DX Tool addons for Win7?! That is a really cool feature! That is exactly what I envisioned in a Win7 integration utility. This way all of the work we did for the RVMi and nLite is not wasted. :) You are welcome to release the tool under the name SiginetSoftware as well. I would be honored.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi Siginet, Yes that's the idea, the DX too will work under the
[SysPrepOC]
CCleaner = setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection,CCleaner.inf,CCleaner
or
CCleaner = advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection,CCleaner.inf,CCleaner
ect ect ect

in every addon is required to add secion [SysPrepOC], after the Dx Tool check CCleaner section, see if everything is OK if you go ahead, otherwise (it will check if the. Inf, there are no errors) it will ignore the file

idea and do it all by entries.ini in win7, so will the entries.ini

these are just additional options, as the Dx tool when checking the inf file, automatically gets the permission to admin (to be sure it will not create problems TrustedInstaller) in any file that will copy the addon when you install OfflineMod, and all this will be done without the need of any other tool (like subinacl or xcacls ect ect)

[SysPrepOC]
CCleaner=setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection,CCleaner.inf,CCleaner

[SecurityRegistryBeforeIntegration]
"MACHINE\%KEY_SOFTWARE%\Microsoft\Cryptography\Calais\SmartCards",,"D:P(A;CI;GR;;;LS)(A;CI;GR;;;BU)(A;CI;GR;;;PU)(A;CI;GA;;;BA)(A;CI;GA;;;SY)(A;CI;GA;;;CO)"
"MACHINE\%KEY_SOFTWARE%\Microsoft\Cryptography\Calais\SmartCardsX1",,"D:P(A;CI;GR;;;LS)(A;CI;GR;;;BU)(A;CI;GR;;;PU)(A;CI;GA;;;BA)(A;CI;GA;;;SY)(A;CI;GA;;;CO)"

[SecurityRegistryAfterIntegration]
"MACHINE\%KEY_SOFTWARE%\Microsoft\Cryptography\Calais\SmartCardsYU",,"D:P(A;CI;GR;;;LS)(A;CI;GR;;;BU)(A;CI;GR;;;PU)(A;CI;GA;;;BA)(A;CI;GJ;;;SY)(A;CI;GA;;;CO)"

[SecurityFilesBeforeIntegration]
%11%\yyyyy\aaa.exe,,"D:P(A;CI;GR;;;LS)(A;CI;GR;;;BU)(A;CI;GR;;;PU)(A;CI;GA;;;BA)(A;CI;GA;;;SY)(A;CI;GA;;;CO)" 

[SecurityFilesAfterIntegration]
%11%\ssss\aaa.exe,,"D:P(A;CI;GR;;;LS)(A;CI;GR;;;BU)(A;CI;GR;;;PU)(A;CI;GA;;;BA)(A;CI;GA;;;SY)(A;CI;GA;;;CO)"

[TweaksAddReg]
    HKLM, "%KEY_SOFTWARE%\aaaaaaaaa\sss", "FileName", %REG_SZ%, "ect ect ect"

[TweaksDelReg]
    HKLM, "%KEY_SOFTWARE%\aaaaaaaaa\bbbb", "FileName", %REG_SZ%, "ect ect ect"

[ProcessesToRunBeforeIntegration]
"comand ect ect ect"           
"comand ect ect ect" 
"comand ect ect ect"  

[ProcessesToRunAfterIntegration]
"comand ect ect ect"           
"comand ect ect ect" 
"comand ect ect ect" 
process of integration
1 [SecurityFilesBeforeIntegration]
2 [ProcessesToRunBeforeIntegration]
3 [SecurityRegistryBeforeIntegration]
4 Install AddOn
5 [TweaksAddReg]
6 [TweaksDelReg]
7 [SecurityRegistryAfterIntegration]
8 [ProcessesToRunAfterIntegration]
9 [SecurityFilesBeforeIntegration]

but we still do them, we decide to be a good bit of things seen to have a solid following, as I said is not finished, but I hope that everything will be ok, just need a little time to do all the necessary tests, once after you send the finished code in order to review the GUI seen the addition of the symbol SiginetSoftware

Ciao.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:54 pm

It seem that new version out.

Is addons and switchless installers from xp compatible?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:51 am

Updated.

Now it is compatible with XP addons (I don't know if it works with Switchless installers).

The limitations are:
You can use only .cab addons (recompress them with CabTool);
You must add a section in True Addons entries.ini file (not needed fo Svcpack addons)

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Thanks nonno :)

That's basicly means we can use for example NET 4.0 True Addon and integrate it ?

btw can you ask onepiece for switchless installers?

ps. XP SVCPACK addons are switchless adoons basicly?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Yes. Onepiece's .net true addon needs to be updated but you can add the svcpack .net addon (only 4.0 for W7!) you like, user_hidden's or yumeyao's or Ricks, adding offline Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-x86.msu and Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu hotfixes in your image.

.exe installer can't be directly handled but it is easy to create a svcpack addon from a switchless installer.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:07 pm

nonno fabio wrote:Yes. Onepiece's .net true addon needs to be updated but you can add the svcpack .net addon (only 4.0 for W7!) you like, user_hidden's or yumeyao's or Ricks, adding offline Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-x86.msu and Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu hotfixes in your image.
Aha i think figure. These hotfixes are for Onepiece True addon and or user_hidden's or yumeyao's? :) thanks
nonno fabio wrote: .exe installer can't be directly handled but it is easy to create a svcpack addon from a switchless installer.
Yes i mean of that! so svpack addon like this should work ? http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8078 , only repack from 7z to cab is need?

May i ask when when this addons are installed? at what stage of installation?

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:19 pm

shon3i wrote:
nonno fabio wrote: .exe installer can't be directly handled but it is easy to create a svcpack addon from a switchless installer.
Yes i mean of that! so svpack addon like this should work ? http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8078 , only repack from 7z to cab is need?
Yes
shon3i wrote:May i ask when when this addons are installed? at what stage of installation?
after the installation of the update (after installing dotnet20-30-35), he meant as in T27-T14 Windows in XP, the installation starts sysprep (as sysoc in windows xp)

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Thank you very much OnePiece and nonno fabio.

I am now successfuly integrate NET 4.0 True Addon.

I will post my feedback soon :)

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:40 pm

I have problem. I integrate yumeyao .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Standalone Addon: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8516 but i don't see is installed. WU still show it as hotfix, i don't saw v4.0.30319 folder in windows\microsoft.net\framework.

There is no errors during install or integrating.

What can be?

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Sorry, there was an error compile exe :(, download and try even once

Ciao

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Ok, not problem i realy love your tool :), but tell me from what link to download updated version?

Thank you

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:58 pm

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Still no success, but this time i watch mounted directory for changes and i notice that new folder is created "SetupAddOnToRun" which after integrating stay empty? I suppose that should contain that addons.

Thanks.

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:01 pm

is that to the folder that contains Setup.exe (svcpack addon), I'm already testing some XXX Addon, integrated still and just firefox.exe svcpack addon and everything was ok

restart your system after mount a new image, and after integrates svcpack addon, after not clicking Next, but click Apply, and integrates the addon and see if the file folder in SetupAddOnToRun, and if in windows\inf\OCSysPrep.inf, we wrote the name of all the setup.exe under section [SetupAddOnToRun]

my english google translator, it is not enough to explain it properly in such cases, where Nonno Fabio will explain everything better

DXI is whether the problems in an addon ignores it, so do not integrate, always look at the %temp%\DXIintegrator.log

Ciao.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Ok, here is part of log that point of this integration

2010-10-14 23:33:29 : Mounting image - 1~Windows 7 STARTER~Windows 7 STARTER~8,573,084,709 bytes~x86~acpiapic~6.1.7600~16481~0~Starter~Client~WinNT~Terminal Server~WINDOWS~9402~48164~14/07/2009 - 7:24:44 AM~14/10/2010 - 4:35:40 PM~en-US (Default)~F:\WIN7.X86.SEPT\sources\install.wim~F:\MOUNT

2010-10-14 23:34:34 : The operation was successful.

2010-10-14 23:41:58 : Adding package .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
2010-10-14 23:41:58 : Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package .NET Framework 4 Client Profile~~~English~2010.09.07~~~http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8516 - C:\Users\shon3i\Desktop\DotNetFX40C_20100907_Addon_ENU.cab

2010-10-14 23:42:09 : The operation was successful.

2010-10-14 23:42:18 : Unmounting image - F:\WIN7.X86.SEPT\sources\install.wim - F:\MOUNT - Commit Mod

2010-10-15 00:10:55 : The operation was successful.
And it seem that evertything is fine.

I looked into OCSysPrep.inf and under section stay dotnet40.exe which is ok

I will now try to click to apply instead next to see what is happend, and i will report tomorrow, because now i go to sleep :)

Btw, i understand you correctly for now :)

Thank you.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:07 am

Ok finished, now i am clicked apply and after this process dotnet40.exe is not showed in SetupAddOnToRun folder :(

But i copied manually and finished building image, and it's installed during setup normally.

Best regards.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:11 pm

OnePiece, i figure out why addon is not copied to SetupAddOnToRun.

It's because enteries.ini looks like this

[general]
builddate=2010/09/07
description=.NET Framework 4 Client Profile
language=English
title=.NET Framework 4 Client Profile
version=2010.09.07
website=http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8516

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
dotnet40.exe [color=red]-qn[/color]
The problem is because have switchess like here -qn

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi shon3i, Thanks for your report

Unfortunately forgot to put it right, because I have concentrated in svcpack uninstall addon, that's OK (if a manual integration xxx.exe-xxx, then select will remove you will see that everything is OK), but here it seems that the Add AddOn hmmmmm forgotten), you know the addon svcpack be added provisionally for the time being until I decide how to put them by default, as you see are not in the list of addons already installed, because of them being exe I miss the info, or so many ideas in head, but not yet decided who to use or, for the moment the only way to remove a svcpack addon, and add to the list yet (Add AddOn) and then click Uninsntall Pendin, and click Apply.

Anyway here's the link again http://voidseesaw.com/onepiece/DXIntegr ... 49A123.exe

Ciao.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Thank you so much :) I will test it and report :)

Tell me is somehow possible to automatize process integrating on SKU dvd's for example, if i integrate something to STARTER edition, that automaticly integrte to other same (HOME, PRO, ULTIMATE) etc.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:32 am

Amazing work OnePiece!!! I like it a lot!!I should have time this week to test it some more!

I'm wondering... would it be possible to have DX Integrator automatically check true addons for the [SysPrepOC] section... and if the info does not exist it could automatically add it?

Plus if you need to extract other types of files there is a cmdline exe that is in the RVM Integrator I use for this process. It is called 7zdn.exe.
It can be found in the "Plugins\7zip" folder in a directory with the rvm integrator. ;) If you need cmdline info it is in the src code for the rvm integrator... which I think you have access to right?

Once DX Integrator is known to be fully functional it would be great to add cmdline capabilities to run it unattended. To allow people to create batch files to automate the process of creating an AIO win7 disk and so on. ;) And/Or use ini files to keep settings which people could Save/Load and even chain link together to automate processes like the rvm integrator can.

Thanks a lot!!! I know a lot of work went into this!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:51 am

Siginet wrote: I'm wondering... would it be possible to have DX Integrator automatically check true addons for the [SysPrepOC] section... and if the info does not exist it could automatically add it?
that is easy to do (I mean, do we hold now, if we want), but either way because actually preferred in windows vista-Win7 we do nothing, we have endless possibilities, and embarrass them choice to say about how to integrate or install an addon :wink:, called this because the first idea was to directly read the [Sysoc] and read the section [Optional Components], and it was ok, but actually the addon windows XP are not all ok in vista-win7, so after we have miles to report problems ect ect ect, more from [SysPrepOC], we choose to use or SetupAPI AdvPack, all have two different options, use the AddService SetupAPI & RegisterDlls (widely used from us in the addon) instead AdvPack uses, RegisterOCXs & RunPreSetupCommands & RunPostSetupCommands ect ect, if we want to do this by reading the [Optional Components] and complicated, because Sysoc.dll and a file that includes all the two is both avdpack setupapi, and thus almost impossible to choose to use or advpack.dll setupapi.dll, such as an addon to Windows XP may have both inside and RegisterDlls RunPostSetupCommands, and in that chest if we choose to use the command "CCleaner = advpack.dll, LaunchINFSection, CCleaner. inf, CCleaner "the most RegisterDlls not work during installation, but if we use the command" Silverlight = setupapi.dll, InstallHinfSection, MSSlight.inf, Silverlight "the RunPostSetupCommands not work during installation, so it is very complicated in this chest, so used to force that user chooses to write as if his addon inf file or who use or advpack setupapi, after [SysPrepOC] is more advanced in the use of compressed and DXI INF Files for Multiple Platforms and Operating Systems , DXI install an addon where they are working according to the OS, as Windows Vista or Windows 7, X32 or X64 ect ect,

for example Dotnet4 True AddOn X32 for Windows XP-Windows 2003-Windows Vista-Windows 7

[netfx40.6.1] ; Windows 7
    CopyFiles    = RefAssFmwk_x86.3643236F_FC70_11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8, ect ect ect ect
    AddReg       = Base.NETFX4.AddReg, NETFX40.Installer.AddReg
    ;AddService   = clr_optimization_%URTVersion%_32,%NOCLOBBER_SERVICE%,CLR_Install
    ;AddService   = WPFFontCache_v0400,%NOCLOBBER_SERVICE%,FontCache_Install
    RunPostSetupCommands = ActionInstall6.1:1, Action_Install:1

[netfx40.6.0] ; Windows Vista
    CopyFiles    = RefAssFmwk_x86.3643236F_FC70_11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8, ect ect ect ect
    AddReg       = Base.NETFX4.AddReg, NETFX40.Installer.AddReg
    ;AddService   = clr_optimization_%URTVersion%_32,%NOCLOBBER_SERVICE%,CLR_Install
    ;AddService   = WPFFontCache_v0400,%NOCLOBBER_SERVICE%,FontCache_Install
    RunPostSetupCommands = ActionInstall6.0:1, Action_Install:1

[ActionInstall6.1]
    %11%\wusa.exe %10%\%MigrationFmwk%\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x86.msu /quiet /norestart

[ActionInstall6.0]
    %11%\wusa.exe %10%\%MigrationFmwk%\Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-x86.msu /quiet /norestart
we almost thought of everything there :wink:, I mean the [SysPrepOC] and as well as the user writes the same, because the only way we hold to be 100 % sure that after everything will be ok

Siginet wrote: Plus if you need to extract other types of files there is a cmdline exe that is in the RVM Integrator I use for this process. It is called 7zdn.exe.
It can be found in the "Plugins\7zip" folder in a directory with the rvm integrator. ;) If you need cmdline info it is in the src code for the rvm integrator... which I think you have access to right?
I know about 7zip, but it was a choice so temporary use only cab model, since the idea is to mimic Microsoft's update, with more cab mod work even faster because when you add a addon DXI also takes the info, but either I know, the use 7zip dle and will be inevitable, but as mentioned, and only a temporary choice, after which the already told them there as an experience of 6 years with RVMI, and so easy to them, there just a few seconds, add code that uses RVMI

Siginet wrote: Once DX Integrator is known to be fully functional it would be great to add cmdline capabilities to run it unattended. To allow people to create batch files to automate the process of creating an AIO win7 disk and so on. ;)
there is still more there, his idea was to do them all, and we almost succeeded, why did not anything that a user can not do them, really can do it all everything, there are sections [ProcessesToRunBeforeIntegration ] and [ProcessesToRunAfterIntegration], them I'm already improving, now also know all these sections "dirid" since the default in this release that only the %mountdir% = windos 7 mount dir, and the %SourceFiles% = where directors and extract the addon

example entires.ini

[ProcessesToRunBeforeIntegration]
%SourceFiles%\reshacker.exe comand ect ect %MountDir%\windows\system32\shel32.dll ect ect
reshacker.exe for example, and an included file in addon to use it to configure ect ect, and the goalscoring stakes before you can use the [SecurityFilesBeforeIntegration] and [SecurityFilesBeforeIntegration] to take the permissions of each file (since TrustedInstaller by default, not allows you to edit files), so they do whatever it wants

Siginet wrote: And/Or use ini files to keep settings which people could Save/Load and even chain link together to automate processes like the rvm integrator can.
this option is not there, because the DXI, takes info from the update or addon, and then decide what to do ect ect, so it is a bit complicated, but we hold it, we just need a bit more time to review things well, so do it right
however, are certain things called as an option extra special, here is your specialty, so at a later time if you have time, maybe they'll add them yourself :D (you to an already great experience with certain things in RVMi)

but either already in mind, that maybe an option to enable everyone to seek more, updating entire dvd of Windows 7, whether we have a good code structure, so do we place so that a user chooses the settings for a version of Windows 7, and once finished, the DXI after automatically mount-unmont all versions and update them all, ehhhh ask this a long time ehhhh maybe 10 hours, but if DXI will do everything automatically, perhaps it will be useful for everyone as a write access to the PC whole notes, so in the morning will find everything OK

but we need more time to review all well there, I wanted to dotnet4 addon I wanted to do for Windows 7 (90% already in fate), to me at 7 days of work, why do addon in windows7 take long, because there all the REG and almost protected, serve thousands of checks hmmmmmmmmm, idea was to release some addon as well as so everyone understands more later, but completely blocked here say, perhaps even Windows XP Update Pack I can not update this month

Ciao.

@ALL
Nonno Fabio and very busy, so lately I'm writing with the English google translator, but we hope that the ninth will come back online soon so make it all okay

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:17 pm

I checked and all addons now integrated correctly. But i have huge problem with x64 windows and addons. None of them are not installed correctly. I use classical SVPACK, like Java runtime, DirectX. It's look like something break or terminate installation before they installed.

OnePiece, can you check that. Once again, it happen only with Windows 7 x64, but work fine with x86

btw about integrating to AIO DVD, and mount-unmount images, can take long time, but is good solution because, don't need to wait one image, than another, just click and wait for finish :)

Do you work on uninstalling addons?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:56 am

Before DXI release a standard set of test has been done with x64 too, so there shouldn't be major issues but at this moment Onepiece is focused on svcpack addons uninstall.

Currently for Svpack addon uninstall, you must add addon again in "add addons" list, then select Uninstall Pending then click Apply

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:29 am

released RC2 (improved true addons integration in x64 images)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:28 am

updated

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Is there some changelog? Thanks

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Unfortunately no, but there's a lot of improvement in .inf files handling and setupapi.dll complete compatibility, to prevent unwanted behaviors in thousands of different situations

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:03 am

updated: speed improvement in addon integration

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:11 pm

I was trying it today. I finished one mount dir. But in the end I got an error about the mountdir being in use. But I get no option to cleanup-dir when I relaunch the program. :(
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician