[Tool] DX WinNT6.x True Integrator for Vista/Seven/8/8.1/10

Windows 7 Update Pack discussion.
nikanuka

Post by nikanuka » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:32 pm

when i try to mount an image, it says

what to do?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:41 am

oops... this is a real bug but in Msgbox info.
The right message should be, more or less:

Code: Select all

You can't select %systemdrive%\ as Mount Dir
and it pops up when you try to mount an image in actual system drive, like c:\. As this can damage for obvious reasons the running system. WNT6.xTI stops with an error message and exits. You must choose another directory to mount the image.
Thank you for pointing out the bug.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

nikanuka

Post by nikanuka » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:37 am

thanks nonno fabio,but after moving all files and directories (include mount folder) on non-system drive, same message again

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:11 am

The bug is in message text only but the problem is yours and real.
Integrator verifies 3 conditions before it starts with integration:
1) if Install.wim is ok;
2) if drivers to be added are ok;
3) if there's enough free space on target support.
If one of these conditions is not true, it pops up an error message.
In your case the right text should be:
"You do not have permissions to mount and modify this image.
Verify that you have Read/Write permissions"

Your win7 DVD must be in a writable support (not a DVD drive or a virtual HD partition, for example).

Try to copy your win7 source in a HD directory and name it c:\win7DVD, then create a new mounting directory and name it c:\win7MountDir. Type the 2 paths into WMNTI and I'm pretty sure you'll see no error messages this time
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

nikanuka

Post by nikanuka » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:04 am

nonno fabio
sorry for the late answer and yes, it's all right now.

one more question
I have all-in-one image file of windows 7 installation dvd and when I choose only ultimate x86 edition in Details for image and made all changes, in result the size of final image is same - including all editions...
how to leave only one edition?

sorry for my english

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:53 pm

DISM doesn't delete other editions from Windows 7 DVD.

To do this you must use ImageX: here is an easy-to-use GUI for it

BigBrit

Post by BigBrit » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:43 pm

An amazing piece of coding. You are a master.

Question: What are the chances of being able to integrate drivers via DriverPacks, they are in RAR format.
It would be most helpful to be able to do this as we can get these files in one place and in 14 files for x64.
I did look at most of the posts and found very little mention of drivers.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 am

It should be rather simple: extract the driver packs in a temp folder and let Integrator point at its path.

However driver management has been improved in Vista/7 compared to XP so it's suggested to take updated drivers directly from MU or manufacturer's site. Process is the same: uncompress .cab or self-extracting .exe in a folder and show Integrator the path.

You can also integrate executable-only drivers: install them in a running system, then in Integrator go to Get Drivers Online section and take everything you need

Sydnelson

Post by Sydnelson » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:50 pm

I try several times processa all editions of my windows version but doesn't work.

I try check alll editions I want and than aplly hotfixes. Doesnt work.

I try follow the second post of this thread by highlighted the version to be mounted and check the other version to be processed and follow the next button until start. Doesn't work.

I try to mark all editions and follow the next button until start. Doesn't work.

I try use this program in my Win7 x64 and in a fresh install of Win7x86 and doenst work.

In all above scenarios only highlighted version is processed the other one are unchange.

What Im doing wrong?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:49 am

If you followed the video linked in first post there's no reason to don't work. Everything is done by DISM, script only executes the loop. To waste less time, you could retest everything on boot.wim, smaller than install.wim

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:33 am

@nonno fabio, seems that some problem exist, i didn't use DX Integrator some time, and yesterday i try to upgrade my starter, homepremium and pro installations, i leave it overnight, when i wake up everything is finished but i figure that starter is only processed. I followed guide exactly, i didn't touch apply button just next.

Sydnelson

Post by Sydnelson » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:53 am

I follow the video and doesn't work.

The only thing that I dont made is the imagex part that export image. It is really necessary?

Also when I try manually add hotfixes and packages version by version in the same WIM file only the first one is changed.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:56 am

Ok, will retest as soon as possible (Onepiece has some HW problems at the moment...)

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Thanks Nonno :)

adric

Post by adric » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:38 pm

nikanuka wrote:when i try to mount an image, it says

what to do?
I am having the same problem.
1. install.wim is on non-system drive
2. no new drivers added and worked before
3. I have 14GB free on mount drive (same drive where install.wim is)

If I do a mount with dism.exe there are no error msgs. If I run DXi after the manual mount, it works. Any ideas?

Al

adric

Post by adric » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Okay, the problem only arises if I use the select folder button for the mount directory. If I enter the mount directory by typing it in and then select the entry I want (win7 Ultimate), DXi works without problems. Something is broken. I hope this can be fixed.

Also, would it be asking too much to have DXi remember the Image File and Mount Dir that was last used and use them as default entries on startup?

Al

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:01 am

Mount directory can be every directory different from %systemdrive% on condition that it has at least 20480 megs of free space.

That's why the (wrong: Onepiece still got no time to fix it, sorry) msgbox pops out.

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm sure Onepiece will consider it

adric

Post by adric » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:05 am

Ouch!
20Gig free space on a drive just to be able to use DXi is a bit much.

Why is so much space necessary?

Al

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:17 am

adric wrote:Ouch!
20Gig free space on a drive just to be able to use DXi is a bit much.

Why is so much space necessary?

Al
16 GB for x86 e 20 GB for x64 is the free HD space required by Microsoft to install Win7, so it's a safe quantity for extraction and modification of a Win7 image

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:56 am

Asim_Omer wrote:When I try to integrate any true addon this error message appear:
You can get further info from %temp%\WinNT6TI.log or from DISM's log C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\.

You can test any file without WNT6TI directly using DISM.exe by command line to integrate it and see what happens. So you can verify if every file is compatible with W7 offline mode.

If you are integrating an addon, you can also select GetState option when you add it in WNT6TI. This option adds more information about the specific addon in WinNT6TI.log

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:13 pm

adric

Post by adric » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Asim_Omer wrote:When I try to integrate any true addon this error message appear:
You should not add the addon in the Packages Section. It needs to be added a few pages after.

Al

gray

Post by gray » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:16 pm

Great app, it really is, thanks for creating it.

One issue I have though is that on the "Local Settings" part I can't select "English (United Kingdom)" from the list... Why's that?

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:20 am

gray wrote:Great app, it really is, thanks for creating it.

One issue I have though is that on the "Local Settings" part I can't select "English (United Kingdom)" from the list... Why's that?
Oops, this is a real bug, thank you for pointing it out, it will be fixed next release.

But how to do in the meantime? Open Notepad and copy these lines:
Dism /image:C:\mountdir /Set-AllIntl:en-GB

change C:\mountdir with mounted image directory and save as cmd file. Then run it as administrator.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 10%29.aspx
Last edited by nonno fabio on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

gray

Post by gray » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:19 pm

nonno fabio wrote:
gray wrote:Great app, it really is, thanks for creating it.

Oops, this is a real bug, thank you for pointing it out, it will be fixed next release.

But how to do in the meantime? Open Notepad and copy these lines:
Dism /image:C:\mountdir /Set-AllIntl:en-GB

change C:\mountdir with mounted image directory and save as cmd file. Then run it as administrator.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 10%29.aspx
That's great, thanks for letting me know what to do and that you're going to fix it.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:19 am

For those interested, the discussion of Asim_Omer's .net issues has been relocated here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9402

Cheers and Regards

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:16 am

DX WinNT6.x True Integrator v1.0.0.4 is compatible with Windows 8 too.

If you prefer to use older but more tested v1.0.0.2 here are updated download links:
WinNT6.x True Integrator v1.0.0.2
Image Update (May 19 2011)
Image Update (May 19 2011)
Hash MD5 FF2F224DDF24C555D265A66D8EEE6B06
Filesize: 1.3 MB (1402354 bytes)

However v1.0.0.2 is not fully compatible with Windows 8 when you integrate True addons. In this case you must add this small "repair" addon to your integration list:

WInNT6.x_True_Integrator_Win8_Repair.cab
Image Update (02 March 2012)
Hash MD5 3FA2397E189BCF4DFCF33C854DDEE2B6
Filesize: 996 bytes (996 bytes)

How to update your Windows 8 DVD with v1.0.0.2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px269WHWU_M
Last edited by nonno fabio on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

digital john

new version

Post by digital john » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:09 pm

hi,
is there a new release of WinNT6.x True Integrator ?
I mean, will there be an update to work with windows 8

spawn

question

Post by spawn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:04 pm

does this work with windows xp oem? can i slipstream my oem core with service pack?

digital john

Re: question

Post by digital john » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:06 am

spawn wrote:does this work with windows xp oem? can i slipstream my oem core with service pack?
hi,
use nlite to slipstream service pack in xp and drivers.
i did with my media center and works fine..good luck

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:10 am

@digital john: yes, there will be. See 1 post up yours

@spawn: DX WNT6x True Integrator works only with Windows NT 6.x (Vista, 7 and in next release, 8) both x86 and x64 versions. With XP you can use latest releases of RVM Integrator and, as digital john says, Nlite.

RP

Post by RP » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 am

RP wrote:For those who don't want WINNT Integrator to show itself as a CPL upon installation, this is an addon that works at getting rid of it. Deletes the x86 or x64 registry entries based on whatever platform you're using. Addon INF file then deletes itself when finished. Note: does not delete the program .EXE, which is required for the Integrator to do its thing upon Windows Setup...only prevents it from showing in Control Panel on an installed system.

entries.ini

[general]
title = Remove WINNT Integrator CPL
description = Prevents WINNT Integrator from registering itself as CPL.
builddate = 06/23/2011
releasetype = True Addon

[SysPrepOC]
IntegratorCPLremove=advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection,IntegratorCPLremove.inf,IntegratorCPLremove
INF file (name as "IntegratorCPLremove.inf")

[Version]
Signature=$Windows NT$

[IntegratorCPLremove.ntx86]
DelReg = IntegratorCPLremove.x86.DelReg
UpdateInis = OCSysPrep.CleanUp
CleanUp = 1

[IntegratorCPLremove.ntamd64]
DelReg = IntegratorCPLremove.x64.DelReg
UpdateInis = OCSysPrep.CleanUp
CleanUp = 1

[DefaultInstall.ntx86]
DelReg = IntegratorCPLremove.x86.DelReg

[DefaultInstall.ntamd64]
DelReg = IntegratorCPLremove.x64.DelReg

[OCSysPrep.CleanUp]
%17%\OCSysPrep.inf,Components,IntegratorCPLremove=*

[IntegratorCPLremove.x86.DelReg]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{feb811e2-81e4-4727-ad0a-24a634db1720}"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{feb811e2-81e4-4727-ad0a-24a634db1720}"

[IntegratorCPLremove.x64.DelReg]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{feb811e2-81e4-4727-ad0a-24a634db1720}"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{feb811e2-81e4-4727-ad0a-24a634db1720}"
Compress all into a CAB file, and name the CAB so it has the word "addon" somewhere in the filename.
Added d/l link for an addon that applies this little regtweak. Tested and working on x64...should work on all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINNT True Integrator CPL Remove

File: cpl_Integrator_remove_addon.cab (http://www.mediafire.com/?30b5ktgpyduqq14)
Size: 858 bytes
CRC-32: 308e379d
MD5: 8c6348d4ce78a57e5fcf094de38ede57
SHA-1: e9691c7679f082990b07b5e720ef3fe1b7fb24ef

Addon Type: True Addon (INF Registry Tweak); WINNT True Integrator only
Platform: Vista/Win7
Uninstallable: No

Description: Removes WINNT True Integrator item from Control Panel (does not remove program .EXE, which is needed during Windows Setup).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

adric

Post by adric » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 am

I don't want DXIntegrator included in my install.wim. I'm not sure how it got in there but, would removing DXIntegrator.exe and OCSysprep.dll from the \windows\system32\setup\ directory be enough or are there more files to consider to keep it from installing?

Al

adric

Post by adric » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:38 am

@nonno fabio or @OnePiece Alb or anyone else in the know

Please provide intructions on how to completely remove DXIntegrator from an install.wim. I was under the impression at the time I used it that DXIntegrator was a stand-alone application. This does not seem to be the case since it is now part of the install.wim that I use for installation. When I remove the 2 above mentioned files from \windows\system32\setup\ Windows 7 will not install and I get the following msg:“Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware”. I may have missed it, but there does not seem to be an uninstaller nor any mention in this thread on how to completely remove DXIntegrator. I assume some reg entries in the wim also need to be removed. Thanks for your help.

Al

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:13 am

adric wrote:@nonno fabio or @OnePiece Alb or anyone else in the know
Al
the details of the RP do not look professional ? (For me it looks very professional)
RP wrote: Description: Removes WINNT True Integrator item from Control Panel (does not remove program .EXE, which is needed during Windows Setup).

So what?
Last edited by OnePiece Alb on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:17 am

However Nonno Fabio will give you an answer more detailed, in the event which will serve

sorry again for my English

Ciao a tutti.

adric

Post by adric » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:57 am

OnePiece Alb wrote:
adric wrote:@nonno fabio or @OnePiece Alb or anyone else in the know
Al
the details of the RP do not look professional ? (For me it looks very professional)
RP wrote: Description: Removes WINNT True Integrator item from Control Panel (does not remove program .EXE, which is needed during Windows Setup).

So what?
Yes, professional, but as far as I can tell it was talking about removing it from the control panel on a live system and not from the .wim. I really don't understand the reason why DXintegrator needs to be in the .wim.

As to so what, for me uninstall means zero-footprint.

ciao, Al

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:38 am

adric wrote: I really don't understand the reason why DXintegrator needs to be in the .wim.
in this case better the answer is in good English, when will enter online Nonno Fabio will try to explain more well this thing

However, try removing the Sysprep.dll == removing the sysoc.dll from windows xp cd, you think this a normal thing? (not coincidentally is just inside the folder Setup, OK)

Ciao.

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:59 am

[optional components] section of addons' *.inf file is no more processed in Windows NT6.x (since Vista, in other words). So to allow every addon to work flawlessly those two files are needed, even if during Windows setup only. Anyway their presence is harmless

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:17 am

bug fixes release. There's no more need for repair addon when used with Windows 8.

Anyway if you prefer to use older but more tested v1.0.0.2 go here:
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 850#121850

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu May 03, 2012 3:26 pm

a new maintenance release is available

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 am

HI,

Is there a list somewhere with all the addons that are compatible with this specific tool ?

Thx

JIGSAW

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:50 pm

you could start here

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:55 am

new bugfix release

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 pm

updated

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Spam removed.

Ultraform

Post by Ultraform » Mon May 27, 2013 8:36 am

Realy want to make a updated vista/7 maybe this can be the tool 4 me... gonna test this =)

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:31 am

updated to v.1.0.0.9

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:36 am

new release (see changelog)

Zosimos

Post by Zosimos » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:09 pm

How do you get the ORIGINAL install.wim file? Everything I have been able to find says you need to install the Windows AIK system to create the original. Installing this requires a 1.3 gb iso file. A bit much to download. Why can't you just copy the install DVD using something in Win 7 by default?