Is it possible: .NET Framework 4.0 for x64 addon?

Windows 7 Update Pack discussion.
SinCityZ

Is it possible: .NET Framework 4.0 for x64 addon?

Post by SinCityZ » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:10 pm

I use RT7lite to make a fully updated Windows 7 Home premium disk. Everything works great and all but I would LOVE to be able to get .net 4.0 slipstreamed in here as well.

Is it even possible? Can someone point me in the right direction to get this done?

Edit: I would like it integrated during the install just like any other update so I can also add the hotfixes as they come out to the install disc as well...

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 pm

The closest you are going to get is here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=. {Look toward the end of the topic for the latest download.} It will *not* be integrated. There are few people (if any) who can do a "direct" integration with the OS. The best (and as far as I am concerned) only way to get .net 4 installed is with an installer (in this case a silent installer).
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

SinCityZ

Post by SinCityZ » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Hmm, I just figured since it existed for XP that it would have been possible for 7 as well. What is keeping us from having a direct integration?

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:03 am

Go here: http://www.wincert.net/forum/ and look for the W7Toolkit - there as an addon developed specifically for that program that integrates .NET Framework 64-bit into a Win7 source.

shon3i

Post by shon3i » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:32 pm

ChiefZeke wrote:Go here: http://www.wincert.net/forum/ and look for the W7Toolkit - there as an addon developed specifically for that program that integrates .NET Framework 64-bit into a Win7 source.
Well this addon is nothing but classic switchless, and it's executed on runonce.

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:08 pm

SinCityZ wrote:Hmm, I just figured since it existed for XP that it would have been possible for 7 as well. What is keeping us from having a direct integration?
The install *can* be different for every system. However the truth is, no one has taken the time to actually create a directly integrateable .net 4 addon. As Windows 7 does things quite a bit differently than XP, the best way to do it for now is to just use an installer. The one I linked to previously is the smallest by far. In addition, the installer has all of the updates directly integrated (so no need to update).
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way