[Everybody Please Read] Housekeeping Announcement

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Everybody Please Read] Housekeeping Announcement

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:49 pm

Good Housekeeping Announcement from Not-Your-Mom:
Please Put Your Socks In The Sock Drawer Kids

Hiya peeps, Kel and I just spent half the afternoon tidying up this forum and the Switchless Installer Addon Packs and we've had to move and edit over 2 dozen posts so far. So if any of y'all are wondering where your posts went to, please check in there first. I started PMing you all one by one about it but there were just so many to clean up that I gave up and decided to post a public announcement here instead.

Delgwin has been struggling to keep the addon list up to date here and part of the reason that is so hard to keep track of and current is cos many of you here are not labelling your posts properly as [Releases] and neither are you placing them in the correct forum. Some of you are posting releases half way down existing posts and so they are getting missed altogether.

So, as Delgwin has already requested on a handful of occassions, can we all please pull together here and get this section shipshape. The first thing y'all can do to help is to follow this guideline when posting....

########################################################################

Switchless Installer Discussion

General discussion about switchless installers and version releases goes in here. Please do not post addon releases and addon requests in here and if you made a release in response to somebody's thread in here then remember to go start up a new thread with your release in the Switchless Installer Addon Packs sub-forum (see next)

Switchless Installer Addon Packs

Addon pack releases AND requests go in this forum. Please prefix your post accordingly so that mods and members can easily spot them and act accordingly, eg:

[Release] Britney Spears Tank Top Changer v1.15
Please include appropriate info such as version and info link and credits where necessary if you got the pack from somewhere else.

or....

[Request] Ozzy Osbournes Quadbike Racer Game v3.21
Do include link to software website and a polite "please" is always a nice motivator for us addon pack makers ;)

If you happened to make an addon as a result of one of the other posts in this section, please start a new thread to post your release (so it doesn't get lost and buried in a stream of other replies) and direct peeps from the original thread to your new post in the Switchless Installer Addon Packs section.

If any of you are needing to update an existing addon, there is no need to start a brand new thread for that - you can just edit your existing post with the new version details and links and modifications or whatever.

Oh, and DO include your full program/version in your thread titles and please don't shout in them cos it hurts my eyes :shock:

OK next thing kids, is we need to get the Program Addons Downloads List up to date and outdated addons removed from there and we need everyones help to do that. Please post any ommissions or expirations in the thread that Delgwin started for that task here and we'll try and get that fixed too. Thanks to the nice peeps who already stepped forward to help there as requested. You all get a chocolate fish after supper ;)

So... if you just posted a new release and haven't noticed that it is added to the Program Addons Downloads List after a day or so then shoot either Kel, Xable, Siggie or me a PM with a link to your post. But if you forgot to label it properly as a [Release] then you forfeit the right to complain at us for missing it ;)

Oh, and if you accidentally posted in the wrong forum then pleeeease don't go start a new thread there, just notify one of us about that too via PM, cos it doesn't take a moment to move your post to the correct forum.

OK so what else.... oh yes it's time for your Cod Liver Oil kids.... please form a line and open wide....

Now go tidy your room!

:D

PS: I'll leave this thread stickied for a few days to make sure you all get a chance to read it