Would it be against the rules to release a wga tray deleter?

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
The Creator

Would it be against the rules to release a wga tray deleter?

Post by The Creator » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:39 pm

How my addon works is it runs a small exe program that removes the wga tray program and the regestry entries. IT IS NOT A CRACK, i do not promote warez. It simply deletes the main execute file... Could someone please enlighten me? It is so that if you integrate ryan's pack you can remove that program. I have legit windows but i do not like microsoft knowing every darn thing i do on my computer. This is a separate program that does not patch anything and just deletes one file. It runs after ryan's pack does, i made sure of that. Do not take this in the wrong way ryan if you are reading this, i just don't like wga tray on my comp.

From

"The Creator"

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:51 pm

I don't see how that would violate anything. Sounds to me like it's just an uninstaller. I'm sure if you go to windows update it has to reinstall WGA right?
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:53 pm

it was posted here before and Ryan deleted the post and banned the poster......so its your choice.....free will baby....

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:59 pm

it is sort of an uninstaller, yes. If you go back to windows update it will be there again. If ryan could answer my question though after what i heard that would be great. It does not block it, it is a simple bat file that i made. And it is not a crack. And i belive everyone has a right to delete files off their computers. At least in canada that is, i do not know about the us. I am assuming so though.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:37 pm

The guy who got banned posted a cracked WGA DLL as well. Let's put it this way, I have no problem with people making a WGATray removal addon, so I don't see a problem with making an uninstaller either.

But never the less, thank you for asking before posting :)
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:08 pm

thanks ryan for the info. i will post it very soon :) cya later

thuun

Post by thuun » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:24 am

"I'm sure if you go to windows update it has to reinstall WGA right?"
.................................................................................................
ANY time you pull that littl'fukr WU wants to reinstall it. Why integrate it at all?

nLite now updates source files directly when integrating hotfixes. Custom 'update packs' may be made on demand from any type 1 updates, we may now update our CD/Dist, directly, the moment we grab the hotfixes. I've turned autoupdate OFF. My server tells me when to go grab updates.

So, thank's nuhi, simply awsome.

And all you M$ surf bots can tell Bill I've just said NO to KB905474, and now we're watching YOU!

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:40 am

ryan has every right to integrate the wga tray, it is an official update. Go legit if you have a problem with it :) or just remove it with my new wga tray remover addon, that i made to be used with ryan's pack :) This is not a thread to ridicule ryan.

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:30 am

The Creator wrote:ryan has every right to integrate the wga tray, it is an official update. Go legit if you have a problem with it :) or just remove it with my new wga tray remover addon, that i made to be used with ryan's pack :) This is not a thread to ridicule ryan.
Yeah, completely agree. It's up to Ryan, but seeing how the "black" screen problem is going about maybe all wga stuff will be left out afterall..

Just if you didn't know. Theres One repack prog and One addon already to remove it though.

here:
[Release] Replace WGA-Notify with WGA-Only Addon

and here:
Modified Ryan's pack 2.0.6 without wgatray

Three different ways to remove now, this thing is hated by many it seems.. ;)
//Aserone-Foxy | EULA: Everything I say/post is a lie and/or forwarded from swim.

SolidasRock

Post by SolidasRock » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:53 pm

The Creator wrote:ryan has every right to integrate the wga tray, it is an official update. Go legit if you have a problem with it :) or just remove it with my new wga tray remover addon, that i made to be used with ryan's pack :) This is not a thread to ridicule ryan.
Where is it? Place a url in your signature?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:31 am

SolidasRock wrote:Where is it? Place a url in your signature?
No need for that anymore. wga try tool is not in update pack anymore, its a seperate download. But if u really need a wga remover, try Aserone's.

SolidasRock

Post by SolidasRock » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:56 am

MrNxDmx wrote:
SolidasRock wrote:Where is it? Place a url in your signature?
No need for that anymore. wga try tool is not in update pack anymore, its a seperate download. But if u really need a wga remover, try Aserone's.
It is included in the dutch updatepack (from meulc)