[NoobQuestions]Ryan integrator + Switchless installer?

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
SoKoOLz

[NoobQuestions]Ryan integrator + Switchless installer?

Post by SoKoOLz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:13 am

Hi guys,
I'm new here, I just want to ask you guys about the new Ryan integrator 1.3. Can I use it to integrate the switchless apps into the Unattened Windows XP cd?

Thanks

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:44 am

Only if they have been made into an addon, which most of the ones in the switchless installer thread are.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:11 pm

It is rather simple to make a switchless installer addon as well. They are one of the easiest addons to make. Just download one from the Switchless Installer Addons forum and I'm sure you'll pick up on it pretty easy. Or you can use CreatureXP Addon creator.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:00 pm

Siginet wrote:It is rather simple to make a switchless installer addon as well. They are one of the easiest addons to make. Just download one from the Switchless Installer Addons forum and I'm sure you'll pick up on it pretty easy. Or you can use CreatureXP Addon creator.
Thanks, but how can I make them install automatically for Unattended WinXP SP2 CD. is Nlite thje only solution?

UtCollector

Re: [NoobQuestions]Ryan integrator + Switchless installer?

Post by UtCollector » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:10 pm

SoKoOLz wrote:Hi guys,
I'm new here, I just want to ask you guys about the new Ryan integrator 1.3. Can I use it to integrate the switchless apps into the Unattened Windows XP cd?

Thanks
If you Are going to use Ryan intergrator with the .cab addon files make sure the word "addon" is in het name of the addon. (Myprogram_addon.cab)

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:40 pm

Thanks for the tip Utcollector, how about integrate the switchless installer to the Windows unattended CD?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:07 pm

The integrator will place it on the unattended cd for you as long as you make an addon out of it.

The most important thing to know is the entrie_*.ini file. This is your config file.

Download one of the switchless addons created by someone else on the forums here. Look inside that cab file and loof at the entrie_*.ini file. Basically copy that entry file and modify it to suit your switchless installer. nLite and the integrator use switchless installer addons in the exact same way.

To use the integrator to integrate it is very simple. Open the integrator selct your source, select destination and select your addon(s) and/or UpdatePacks. Then hit Integrate.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:10 pm

Thanks for all the help, so I just need to integrate addons(.CAB) with RVMintegrator, and after that for the switchless installer applications, I need to put it on the same CD and run them at the end of Windows Installation by GUIrunonce or something link that?

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:01 pm

You can make an addon from the switchless installers (exept dotNet 2.0) just use nlaom or createur addon just dont put any swithces, leave it blank.

OK try this: Download Firefox and use nlaom and the foowing switches: -ms -ira

Now test it by decompressing the cab and double click the firefox installer(dosnt work with nlpc), when using Creatèur addon insert the switch before selcting the program.

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Thanks mate, where can I get nlaom?

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:27 pm

See my post above with all the links for nlaom, nlpc, Creatèur Addon.

Look up^ :)

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:44 pm

ohh sorry about that

Thank you so much

jcinacio

Post by jcinacio » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:05 pm

Hi,

since RVM integrator now supports 7-zip, i think turning switchless installers into addons is much easier, (no need for any apps besides 7-zip).

I hacked out a quick howto in a wiki page for this. It should take no more than a minute to do it...

Feel free to correct anything that might be wrong,

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:43 pm

jcinacio wrote:Hi,

since RVM integrator now supports 7-zip, i think turning switchless installers into addons is much easier, (no need for any apps besides 7-zip).

I hacked out a quick howto in a wiki page for this. It should take no more than a minute to do it...

Feel free to correct anything that might be wrong,
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!