Inclusion of DontetFx-Sp1 ?

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
zainreavi

Inclusion of DontetFx-Sp1 ?

Post by zainreavi » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:41 am

can netfxsp1.exe (switchless package from Ryanvm.net) be included in svcpack.inf and (obviously) the SVCPACK directory in \i386 of anFully Automated unattended install?????

also can other switchless install packages provided at ryanvm.net be included in svcpack.inf and (obviously) the SVCPACK directory in \i386 of an Fully Automated unattended install?????

amirali_esh

Post by amirali_esh » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:01 pm

netfxsp1.exe and jre504.exe are working fine for me in svcpack.inf.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:06 am

amirali_esh wrote:netfxsp1.exe and jre504.exe are working fine for me in svcpack.inf.
can u tell how u do tht?

amirali_esh

Post by amirali_esh » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:38 pm

Copy netfxsp1.exe and jre504.exe to svcpack directory of i386 and add the following two lines inside [SetupHotfixesToRun] section of svcpack.inf :

netfxsp1.exe
jre504.exe

maniaq

Post by maniaq » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:55 pm

when are they going to be installed, and will i see when they are installed?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:41 pm

amirali_esh wrote:Copy netfxsp1.exe and jre504.exe to svcpack directory of i386 and add the following two lines inside [SetupHotfixesToRun] section of svcpack.inf :

netfxsp1.exe
jre504.exe
yay, thanks, so i can use it for adobe reader of course.:D

muijsenbergq

Post by muijsenbergq » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:32 am

amirali_esh wrote:Copy netfxsp1.exe and jre504.exe to svcpack directory of i386 and add the following two lines inside [SetupHotfixesToRun] section of svcpack.inf :

netfxsp1.exe
jre504.exe
I don't have a svpack.inf, all the files in that dir don't have the last letten of the extention..(svpack.in_)
is this because i used nlite?

can i use nlite to intergrate these installers as service-packs?
(i should'nt i ask this question here?)

thanks!

PS : whats the advantage of this method over the runonceex-method ?

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:15 pm

muijsenbergq wrote:snip...
PS : whats the advantage of this method over the runonceex-method ?
The runonceex method requires you to make scripts to do it unattended, this method, if done correctly, can be used without any scripts. Basically by placing the files in the svcpack directory and calling them in the svcpack.inf file you can install them when you install the service packs thus no need for a script to do it also no need to use them only in an unattended setup. Assuming, that is, if it works this way, as I have not tried it myself as of yet. I am going to rebuild my DVD again soon to do yet another wipe/reinstall, (this will be my 100+ for this year.)
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:12 pm

The last letters of the files in your I386 folder are replaced by an underscore because Microsoft compresses them for distribution. 7-zip can open them.

aspenjim

Post by aspenjim » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:19 pm

This is slightly off topic, but I'm getting a 7zip "unspecified error" when I install netfxsp1 using runonceex.cmd every since updating to 1.31. It didn't do this before the update. i used an original xpsp2 cd and did the manual integration method (since nlite 1.06 hadn't been posted yet). After the install, I can manually install netfxsp1 with no problems. Has anyone else had this error, or do I need to just to start from scratch and use the nlite to integrate the updates. I've never tried the svcpack.inf method, so if this doesn't work, I'll try that.

thx for all of the hard work ryan. Your work is greatly appreciated by all.

aj

amirali_esh

Post by amirali_esh » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:29 am

svcpack.inf is compressed by default. To uncompress it as Seraph suggested you can use 7-zip or if you like the old fashioned way open a command prompt, navigate to i386 folder and issue the command expand -r svcpack.in_. you should now have a svcpack.inf in i386. Also remember to delete svcpack.in_. Now modify it and apply your changes. When you are finished you can either leave it uncompressed or compress it by issuing the command :
makecab /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 svcpack.inf
and then removing svcpack.inf.

maniaq

Post by maniaq » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:29 am

netfxsp1.exe
jre504.exe
can i put these files into a folder?? and what then i should write in the svcpack.inf file??? tnx

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:51 am

maniaq, you will put files (that u want to be installed) in xp_source/i386/svcpack folder. then u need to extract svcpack.in_ file, and after that u will open that file and add entries under [SetupHotfixesToRun],
just so easy :P
you dont need to compress svcpack.inf file.just put it in i386 and be sure to delete svcpack.in_ file.

maniaq

Post by maniaq » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:15 am

MrNxDmx wrote:maniaq, you will put files (that u want to be installed) in xp_source/i386/svcpack folder. then u need to extract svcpack.in_ file, and after that u will open that file and add entries under [SetupHotfixesToRun],
just so easy :P
you dont need to compress svcpack.inf file.just put it in i386 and be sure to delete svcpack.in_ file.
no yu didn't undertanded me....i know how to run those files when there are in single(compressed), i want to put extracted files in here /i386/svcpack/java and /i386/svcpack/dotnet folders and then i want to run them by that [SetupHotfixesToRun] methot, but it doesn't work for me, iused this

[SetupHotfixesToRun]

dotnet/dotnet.exe
java/java.exe

any ideas??

maniaq

Post by maniaq » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:32 pm

any help?? :cry:

thuun

Post by thuun » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:21 pm

geez.

your svcpack.inf:

RunOnceEX method requires defining %cdrom% variable which makes this a little easier, but I use RunOnceEX because it runs after system is completely setup and looks cool with a hacked .dll (nevermind, just do what's between the lines). Good luck...

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:24 pm

Or use this addon.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=5 ... opic=57769

Install it with the RVMIntegrator program. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software