AVG 8 and comodo 3 silent install - include test ADDON

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
Nico

AVG 8 and comodo 3 silent install - include test ADDON

Post by Nico » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:34 pm

silent install works for both AVG 8 free and comodo firewall 3, tested with the onepiece update pack.

http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/re ... ;msg138034

(ricktendo64, it's your thread...)

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/07/1 ... nt-switch/

and

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/i ... 16212.html

hope it will some people...
Last edited by Nico on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:44 pm

LOL after 6 months

BTW -s switch works but it only extracts the files to the proper dirs, I had to use INF to add the uninstall reg entries and shortcuts then I used a autoit EXE to run the wizard

I stopped making the addon for Comodo because I know nothing about autoit and the program wizard keeps changing eacht time so I did not want to depend or bother another person to update the script each time

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:26 pm

ricktendo64 wrote:I stopped making the addon for Comodo because I know nothing about autoit and the program wizard keeps changing eacht time so I did not want to depend or bother another person to update the script each time
Dude, you've figured out an awful lot of things in the last year that are way more complex than your basic AutoIt script. I'm not trying to sway you one way or another, but give it a chance and just jump into it. I'm not talking about AutoIt programming on the level of something like the Integrator, but I have a bit of know how just from screwing around and it's come in handy on several occasions when VBScript or batch just isn't the right tool.

Nico

Post by Nico » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:09 am

Guys, as I writte in the first post, it has been tested, once again yesterday night with succes running from runoncex like vista codec pack or like the roguespear .NET addon 2 .

for AVG, releasing an addon will be a loss of time as it is updated often. For comodo the same has it's a beta...

Anyway, the best will be a builder (both soft will be in my next "CDA" addon builder), and/or a page that explain how to fast build the addon (I will do the both next week if no one did).

Nico

Post by Nico » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:32 am

Here is my first test :

Entries_AVG8SI.ini
##;to update, download all files from
##;http://free.avg.com/ww.download?prd=afe#tba4
##;Rename the files according to the names
##;found in the dosnet_files section.
##;Upgrade the title, the version and the
##;buildate in the general section.
##;You can use the CFG files from your main computer

[general]
builddate=27/07/2008
description=AVG Free Personal Anti-Virus
title=AVG 8 (260708) - CNC
version=8.0.138 DB1575
Windows=XP

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[dosnet_files]
d1,u7a.bin
d1,u7i.bin
d1,x8a.bin
d1,AVGF8.exe
d1,sched.cfg
d1,update.cfg

[txtsetup_files]
AVGF8.exe = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0
u7a.bin = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0
u7i.bin = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0
x8al.bin = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0
sched.cfg = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0
update.cfg = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0

[AddProgram]
AVG8SI.cmd,HIDE

[i386_compress]
rvmtemp\extracted\AVGF8.exe
rvmtemp\extracted\u7a.bin
rvmtemp\extracted\u7i.bin
rvmtemp\extracted\x8a.bin
rvmtemp\extracted\sched.cfg
rvmtemp\extracted\update.cfg
AVG8SI.cmd in svcpack
@echo off
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /VE /D "AVG 8.0.138 DB1533 (240708)" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 01 /D "\"%systemroot%\AVGF8.exe\" /HIDE /NO_WELCOME /NOAVGTOOLBAR /DONT_START_APPS /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 02 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\AVGF8.exe\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 04 /D "\"%systemdrive%\progra~1\avg\avg8\avgupd.exe\" /pri=5 /session=0 /source=folder /path=\"%systemroot%\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 07 /D "\"%systemdrive%\progra~1\avg\avg8\avgupd.exe\" /pri=5 /session=0" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 08 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\u7a.bin\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 09 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\u7i.bin\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 10 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\x8a.bin\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 11 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemdrive%\progra~1\avg\avg8\avgmwdef_us.mht\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 12 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemdrive%\progra~1\avg\avg8\avgresf.dl\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 13 /D "cmd.exe /c copy /Y /B \"%systemroot%\sched.cfg\" \"%systemdrive%\Docume~1\AllUse~1\Applic~1\avg8\Cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 14 /D "cmd.exe /c copy /Y /B \"%systemroot%\update.cfg\" \"%systemdrive%\Docume~1\AllUse~1\Applic~1\avg8\Cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 13 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\sched.cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 14 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\update.cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 15 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemdrive%\Docume~1\AllUse~1\Desktop\AVG Free 8.0.lnk\"" /f
exit
The install is ok, but the upgrade is not working and my CFG files are no applied even if they are copied... so the database show as outdated and the update manager is disabled (upgrading from the folder and then trying to update from internet should avoid both problem, according to the links on first post)

I'm obliged to use short name for folder to avoid problem like "cannot found "c:\program "...

the del part is working
the copy part is ok

maybe the problem is related to the install switch "/DONT_START_APPS", I will try to remove it and give another test...

If someone have an idea ?

Nico

Post by Nico » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:28 pm

Ok, removing the "/DONT_START_APPS" switch did the job and every thing is correct except two things :

1. the update need a user confirmation, I will try not to include update file and only launch "avgupd.exe /pri=5 /session=0" to activate the update manager.

2. a whole scan start as soon as window start... maybe it's related to the "/DONT_START_APPS"...

I will give a first try without update and without "/DONT_START_APPS", then a second one without update and with "/DONT_START_APPS".

Nico

Post by Nico » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Great, it's working without update and without the "/DONT_START_APPS" switch.

The icon in the notification bar that indicate a whole scan is in progress is a fake alert, the icon is here but nothing append in the background. I will give another try, using the switch "/no_cc_startup" and maybe a different config file without tray notification ?

Nico

Post by Nico » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:35 pm

so here is my final test files :

Entries_AVG8SI.ini
[general]
builddate=27/07/2008
description=AVG Free Personal Anti-Virus
title=AVG 8 - CNC
version=8.0.138
Windows=XP

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[dosnet_files]
d1,AVGF8.exe
d1,sched.cfg
d1,update.cfg
d1,user.cfg

[txtsetup_files]
AVGF8.exe = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0
sched.cfg = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0
update.cfg = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0
user.cfg = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0

[AddProgram]
AVG8SI.cmd,HIDE

[i386_compress]
rvmtemp\extracted\AVGF8.exe
rvmtemp\extracted\sched.cfg
rvmtemp\extracted\update.cfg
rvmtemp\extracted\user.cfg
AVG8SI.cmd in svcpack
@echo off
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /VE /D "AVG 8.0.138 (240708)" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 01 /D "\"%systemroot%\AVGF8.exe\" /HIDE /no_cc_startup /NO_WELCOME /NOAVGTOOLBAR /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 02 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\AVGF8.exe\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 11 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemdrive%\progra~1\avg\avg8\avgmwdef_us.mht\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 13 /D "cmd.exe /c copy /Y /B \"%systemroot%\sched.cfg\" \"%systemdrive%\Docume~1\AllUse~1\Applic~1\avg8\Cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 14 /D "cmd.exe /c copy /Y /B \"%systemroot%\update.cfg\" \"%systemdrive%\Docume~1\AllUse~1\Applic~1\avg8\Cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 14 /D "cmd.exe /c copy /Y /B \"%systemroot%\user.cfg\" \"%systemdrive%\Docume~1\AllUse~1\Applic~1\avg8\Cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 13 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\user.cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 13 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\sched.cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 14 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemroot%\update.cfg\"" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\AVGF8 /V 15 /D "cmd.exe /c del /f /q \"%systemdrive%\Docume~1\AllUse~1\Desktop\AVG Free 8.0.lnk\"" /f
exit
The two remaining things:
the scan icon present in the notification area after the install is a fake alert (don't know why ?, and it's not present when using the "/DONT_START_APPS" switch, and the "/no_cc_startup" do nothing ?)

And off course the fact that the database outdated because it need user interaction if you try to update (from folder or from internet)

Anyway, some people can test, because it's over for me today, after 7 installs...

Note:
the three file sched.cfg, update.cfg and user.cfg can be found in your main computer install... (I didn't test using a system path variable like %systemdrivve% in the AVG GUI to set for example the log path for people who have program files in another disk than "C"...)

Nico

Post by Nico » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:03 am

Here is my 2 test addons for AVG 8.0.138

:arrow: AVG Free 8.0.138 - AddOn 0.4 - CNC
Size: 46,6 MB

No update include, A fake icon can be show in the notification area after install that indicate a scan is in progress, but nothing append and no activities, after reboot, the icon is gone ?

:arrow: AVG Free 8.0.138 (MANUAL DB 1580) - AddOn 0.5 - CNC
Size: 79,0 MB

Put a shortcut on the desktop to update (update 1580), A fake icon can be show in the notification area after install that indicate a scan is in progress, but nothing append and no activities, after reboot, the icon is gone ? (same as 0.4 but with update shortcut and update files)
Next build will use inf and ini instead of rar sfx.

:?: Can someone have a test to confirm what I write :?:

Thanks.
Last edited by Nico on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nico

Post by Nico » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:04 am

Here is my test addon for Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.25.378

Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.25.378 - AddOn 0.1 - CNC
size: 18,9 MB