XP Security Issue after installers

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
hughes40

XP Security Issue after installers

Post by hughes40 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:31 am

XP Security Issue after installers. After a clean install even before i plug my pc to a network cable i get these violations that ive never gotten before i silently installed any of the many addons featured in this site. This is the end result.

are these add ons included with hidden malicious code ?[/img]

Fencer128

Post by Fencer128 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:18 am

Hi,

We need more information on this. Did you start with a clean installed and untweaked source? What is the list of installers that you used.

Cheers,

Andy
RISult a utility to integrate RyanVM Updates and/or BTS DriverPacks into your RIS image.

hughes40

list

Post by hughes40 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:31 am

new xp install, i used nlite to add sp2 and hotfixes i have downloaded from ms my self, no other hotfixes from anyone else, the only thing i did add to this installation is these addons i got from this here website.

only thse were installed and nothing else.

Fencer128

Post by Fencer128 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:40 am

EDITED POST: Please re-read.

Hi,

OK - so this is not a switchless installer issue, so it should possibly be in the update pack addon forum if you believe that to be the cause of your troubles. Since it's already here, please don't create a duplicate topic however.

You mention:
After a clean install even before i plug my pc to a network cable i get these violations that ive never gotten before i silently installed any of the many addons featured in this site
Can you confirm that an identical install, without any addon packs, works fine and does not produce these errors?

Thanks,

Andy
RISult a utility to integrate RyanVM Updates and/or BTS DriverPacks into your RIS image.

hughes40

Yes Identical

Post by hughes40 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:48 am

Identical fresh Install without addons no security concerns.