Possible new sticky?

Questions or comments on the switchless installers? Want to create a new one? Talk about it here.
user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:51 pm

so now since i have created the thread with MY releases it can be a template for others.

a pretty simple list nothing fancy as the actual threads the links reffer to have all of the
information required.

other "creators" make thread of their releases and then PM myself or 5eraph afterwards to have it stickied.

i think this is all we can do at the moment.

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:38 pm

5eraph wrote:
dumpydooby wrote:some dickhead is just going to bury it underneath a bunch of worthless no-effort shitpacks.
dumpydooby wrote:ask the guy to stop being a jerk. This shouldn't really be presented as a polite request. He should just be told to kick rocks if he's unwilling to cut the shit.
dumpydooby wrote:[current thread participants] are collectively more valuable to this community than ELiTE or the no-names that download his stuff.
dumpydooby wrote:ELiTE is the eHow of RVM Forums.
Are these disparaging remarks entirely necessary, dumpydooby? Other members have been banned for less.
I view ELiTE as being a jerk for his unwillingness to do what rado did. He has also been gratuitously insulting and hostile toward other members of this site. I make no apologies for addressing him in a manner that is commensurate with his behavior. That said, I'd be willing to provide the guy with a place to host his "no-effort shitpacks" (similar to what rado does) if it meant removing all the clutter from this place.
5eraph wrote:Perhaps there would have been a more heated argument if Mrs Peel weren't so charismatic. Quality doesn't enter into it. I liked her just fine, but didn't use most of her releases. I could just as easily call her a spammer. But I won't.
Because she's not a spammer. Her threads were wanted. Quality should enter into the equation. I think calling ELiTE the "eHow" of this community isn't disparaging so much as it's simply descriptive of the quality. A single release thread by yumeyao or user_hidden will no doubt get more attention than all of ELiTE's combined; that's because their releases are high quality and worth discussing, and there's a greater demand for their work. Their threads are more "wanted."

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Enough, dumpydooby. Your opinion is valued, but your subjective assessment of another member is insulting, regardless of how you justify it.
dumpydooby wrote:I view ELiTE as being a jerk for his unwillingness to do what rado did.
5eraph wrote:ELiTE PMed me before this thread was made. I've been meaning to have a closer look at what I can do to help, but have been busy lately.
Blame me for that. Not him.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:43 pm

A new sub-forum has been created "ELiTE's Apps".

user Elite will be posting his contributions to that forum.

THREAD LOCKED!