Who uses a VPN?

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
GH0st

Who uses a VPN?

Post by GH0st » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Wanting to know who is using one and what your exsperience is with them. I think I should start running them for torrenting. I do have Peerblock and until recently, its always worked good for me. Starting last summer, I started to get letters from ISP. One more and I'm done.

I really just download TV shows and the occassional movie.

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Re: Who uses a VPN?

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:47 am

For torrenting, yes I would say a VPN is your best bet.

I don't download via torrent and therefor never bothered to throw money at a VPN supplier .... the free ones work, but then again they sit with ALL your browsing habits/info :x

ronaldlee

Post by ronaldlee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:11 am

i agree with jigsaw, i also use free VPN, and Hola is better then other paid VPN providers, you should try Hola VPN

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:21 am

I did try Hola, as an extension from Chrome store, worked fine. But did not install for the system, so uTorrent could work thru it ... still looking (but not hard)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:31 pm

I just started receiving letters as you have, Ghost, so I'll be very interested in the advice given in this thread.

Cheers and Regards

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon May 01, 2017 12:28 am

Doesn't look like any one here uses such thing. These in browser add on's are neat, but, not whats needed! I don't really surf into illegal stuff, where this is needed. Just the downloading of torrents, I wonder why the DLing of TV shows is wrong, I mean, they have already aired! I get them after that ...

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue May 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Edit

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon May 15, 2017 8:07 pm

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Tue May 16, 2017 5:31 am

I'm still investigating the options, but this is what I've come up with so far:

Free VPN's are available. But like Tor they are probably slow and really only useful for file lockers that limits the frequency of downloads from your IP. And sites that censor or block access from your country. Or if your country censors or blocks sites (such as torrent sites). Also, the only practical way to use these with bittorrents is to set your torrent client to only 'Resolve Hostnames through proxy' and not the actual peer-to-peer connections themselves. (for uTorrent, disable 'Use proxy server for peer-to-peer connections' under Connection Preferences).

--VPN Book
--VPN Gate
--Opera has an unlimited, free built-in VPN now. Not sure how to use it outside the browser though.

After HideMyAss turned out to SellYourAss instead, TorrentFreak maintains lists (and reviews) of some of the VPN's available: Which VPN Services Keep You Anonymous in 2017? And more articles from TorrentFreak. And this article from TorrentFreak: 5 Ways To Download Torrents Anonymously.

ExpressVPN seems to be ranked #1 by the all of the VPN comparisons I've read. It's not the cheapest, but it does seem to be the fastest, might have the most available servers and has a speed test available for the servers. It's been around awhile and is pretty stable, works with torrents and P2P, is available for all of the various OS including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android, and allows simultaneous connection by 3 devices. There is also a custom OpenWRT router firmware available with a built-in ExpressVPN client to protect your entire network yet only count as a single connection.

NordVPN seems to be ranked in the top 3, is currently the cheapest of the paid services when you pay for a 2yr subscription, is reasonably fast, works with torrents and P2P, is available for the same OS as ExpressVPN except Linux, allows simultaneous connection by 6 devices (I think), and offers double-VPN and Tor-over-VPN options for more secure connections.

Of the paid options, to me those two seem to be the top two contenders.

Cheers and Regards

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Tue May 16, 2017 10:50 am

I use GHOST VPN to visit some warez site(TPB and all hell) in india which are blocked by my isp.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu May 18, 2017 9:20 am

Yes, I been thinking (when I move) to just get one of these routers, and let everything be VPN'ed thru it. Seems like the best way to go for privacy and protection! Hoping for some Fiber line to the house. One area has Google Fiber, 1000d/1000u speed, this has got to be awesome. Though, Having Google as your ISP, is like having CIA/FBI/Homeland Security as your ISP

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 am

Like I said, I dont do torrents, and don't see the need why? ... Everything you're looking for on a torrent is also available via http(s) ??

harry56

Post by harry56 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:49 am

Just to add... If you use a router you may need to forward a port to your computer. Or else your downloads will be very slow. utorrent has some pretty good help on how to do it. ;)

คาสิโนออนไลน์

DesignerMark

Post by DesignerMark » Sun May 28, 2017 5:45 am

You should try Pure VPN. Its cheap and good. I'm using my VPN for a long time and I recommend to everyone who is using torrent for your own safety.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sun May 28, 2017 9:40 am

I see Pure VPN can work thru the router, I think this is what I would like to do. I think I will be moving soon, new area has Fiber, If this happens, then I will get one of these routers and use the VPN thru it, makes everthing have 256bit protection

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:02 am

lol

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:08 am

The spam bots are getting more and more clever.

Cheers and Regards

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:54 pm

That is my thoughts ... since they have aired, it should be ok, but ...

mooms

Post by mooms » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:56 pm

This is a spammer...
Alteration of the world
Want to thank me ? If you buy something on Banggood with this link, I will earn a little %.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:25 pm

I had already marked his post to be deleted because of the spam.

Cheers and Regards

jerrysmith

Post by jerrysmith » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:42 pm

yup i use vpn and because there are hundreds of blocked site by govt, anyway accessing to these sites isnt a crime but still, i use Hola, and i will suggest you that. have a nice day