The BIGFOOT/Firefox connection!!!

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
GH0st

The BIGFOOT/Firefox connection!!!

Post by GH0st » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:39 am

YES!!! ... BIGFOOT created Mozilla Firefox browser ... its true!!!

I share this as part rant and chronicle of a man who is transitioning from Chrome Browser to Mozilla Firefox Browser. My preferred Chrome version of choice is SRWare Iron. I have been using it for years now and really, just one word can be used to describe my daily use ... its the word LOVE! Problem is they, like all Chrome variants stopped supporting WinXP back in April 2016, version 49! No online banking supports IE8 any more. So a change browser needs to be had, to keep WinXP alive. I was continuing with Iron but certain sites were causing my ESET Nod32 to alert me thru HIPS, that something was going on and wanted me to make a rule, to block or allow. Been using this version of browser for 8 months straight, what ever was happening behind the scenes needed to be blocked, but the real problem was my browser was no longer up to date and things were slipping thru. So I share my journey, which in part is jovial and a part of this transition for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did a complete uninstall of Chrome yesterday and then installed the Firefox 50.1, I am using "uBlock" and "HTTPS Everywhere" extensions, as I always do. Must say, I have never been a fan of Firefox and after a night of surfing, I hate it more now then ever! Its like Bigfoot shoved a laptop up his ass and after a day of walking around with it there (in his rectum), he shit out a browser, called it Firefox! (wonder if the google bot will pick this up)

GH0st

Re: The BIGFOOT/Firefox connection!!!

Post by GH0st » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:51 am

Extensions being used now:

- HTTPS Everywhere
- uBlock origin
- SpeedTweaks (Speedyfox)
- Canvas Defender

I did allow Firefox to install the update service and set it to check and install updates automatically, along with updating all extensions is set to "ON".

- SpeedTweaks has helped some, but overall it is NOT smooth feeling, chugging around. But I am tweaking it and getting used to it! Slow process, but working with it, trying to force self to like it.

Side note, that Firefox is going to be releasing version 52esp, this is the version 52 but the extended release program, where they will continue to UPDATE the browser, to fix security holes. No new features will be added, just fixing the security holes on this version. This suites me find, cause I don't really like NEW FEATURES, just like old stuff, trimmed down, tweaked, super smooth ...
Last edited by GH0st on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:43 am

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:12 pm

The only real benefit with that browser is the encrypted DNS, which I already have a system wide encrypted dns , running as a service.

This browser is ok, but, not what Blink (chrome) is for me. Will use it for alittle more, but ...

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:27 am

You can try Slimjet and Opera36 . They still receive security patches /updates .
Best Of Lucks
Wish you all a happy new year .

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:32 am

Slimjet was able to get Chromium v50 to work, but nothing newer, for XP

Wishing you a happy new year as well

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:34 am

Mozilla announced the introduction of a new privacy protection mechanism to Firefox 52 that prevents websites from fingerprinting through system fonts.

The technique is widely adopted by advertising companies via hidden scripts delivered with ads that take the list of local fonts and along with other data create a unique fingerprint (ID) for each user.

http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/549 ... ivacy.html

mooms

Post by mooms » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:42 pm

That's good.
Everybody should use µblock Origin with the Fanboy, antisocial, antitracking list, etc.. and also Noscript (configured to only allow scripts on the visited domain, and allow third party scripts only if mandatory).
Alteration of the world
Want to thank me ? If you buy something on Banggood with this link, I will earn a little %.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:13 pm

I do use "uBlock Origin", for years now, best tool, with lots of SAFETY features too it.
Lists I use:
~~~~~~~~~~~~

uBlock filters‎
uBlock filters – Badware risks
uBlock filters – Experimental‎
uBlock filters – Privacy‎
uBlock filters – Unbreak‎
Basic tracking list by Disconnect
Malvertising filter list by Disconnect‎
Malware filter list by Disconnect‎
Anti-ThirdpartySocial
Fanboy+Easylist-Merged Ultimate List‎
Adguard Annoyances Filter
Adguard English Filter
Adguard Social Media Filter‎
Adguard Spyware Filter‎
facebook annoyances blocker‎
Youtube: Pure Video Experience‎
~~~~~~~~~~~~
This might seem like a lot of lists, but it is really LITE for me on my computer. I get the best of Fanboy, Easylist, Adguard, Disconnect, uBlocks lists ... is a nice safety net.

In Ublock I also make use of security options:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disable pre-fetching
Disable hyperlink auditing
Prevent WebRTC from leaking local IP addresses
Block remote fonts
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also run "HTTPS Everywhere" extension. Also have a System Service "DNS encrytion" (man in the middle attacks)!

Edit to add: I use "uBlock origin", as there was a split with in that group, the main guy (gorhill) went his own way!
Last edited by GH0st on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:15 pm

@mooms: Is this the noscript you talk of???

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... iefnifjeni

mooms

Post by mooms » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:24 pm

No it's this one: https://noscript.net/
I don't use the google's spyware aka Chrome.
Alteration of the world
Want to thank me ? If you buy something on Banggood with this link, I will earn a little %.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:05 am

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:06 pm

If you don't already have Electrolysis enabled (multi-process), you can try forcing that on too, which may help for responsiveness. Mozilla is doing a staged roll-out of it, so not all users are getting it enabled by default yet. If you want to try it out, you can go to about:config and set browser.tabs.remote.force-enable to true (or create the pref if it doesn't exist). Also, uBlock is dead at this point - you should be using uBlock Origin instead.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:21 pm

Thanks for the info, this may come in handy. I am currently trying out OPERA, which for XP is version 36. Which is the same as Chromium/Chrome/Iron 49. They have promised to keep updating this and have twice now done an update to this browser, to try to keep it patched. They say no more new features, just security patches. They have not indicated how many holes were plugged at all. So have no idea. I am using it now, seems to be just like any other BLINK engine. Does have a different GUI though. One complaint is ... the bookmarks portions where made to look like Firefox, which I did not like the way Firefix did book marks and done like how Opera does it either. Guess I will have to get used to it, cause, for security reasons I will have to either go Firefox or Opera just to remain somewhat update!

Sorry, guess I should have specified, I do use uBlock Origin, latest edition, with the filter lists specified above. I do have the same installed on Opera, which is quite nice!

In March/April 17, when Firefox 52esr come out, I will try again, and use this tweak you mention here! Not sure if Chromium uses multi proc, but its fast browser, super smooth ... Firefox was chuggy, spitting, sputtering

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:24 pm

https://get.geo.opera.com/ftp/pub/opera-winxpvista/

Opera-36.0.2130.80, is the most current version for XP, and it works real nice. Has book marks like Firefox, very lean, super fast, nice and smooth. Opera has promised to make updates, but I suspect it might happen every 2-3 month, rather then monthly, which I guess is ok, since my current browser, Iron 49, is from April 2016 (10 months old)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:44 am

Thanks for the update. If you're interested in providing more feedback on Firefox 52 before it goes to ESR (and the bar becomes much higher for fixing anything other than security or stability issues), you can try out a current DevEdition build which is currently tracking 52. Otherwise, it'll go to Beta in about 2 weeks' time. I'd be really interested in any particular instances you find of particularly bad suckiness (I happen to work for Mozilla ;)), because the sooner those problems are found and filed, the better the chance of getting them fixed before the ESR release.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:35 pm

ok, I will try this out, force self to unstall my IRON (which I love) and make the move, so I can focus on the the little things, which often are signs and sypmtoms of bigger problem

EDIT: When I downloaded from the link you provided it gave me "firefox-45.0a2.en-US.win32.installer.exe" ... so I will find another DL site for the DEV version for v52

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Just got the version "firefox-52.0a2.en-US.win32.installer", will install later tonight ...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... ox_51.html

mooms

Post by mooms » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Alteration of the world

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:53 pm

@mooms, thats the NIGHTLY, which is v53 ... going with v52

I do have it installed now, its (a little) smoother now ... will explain later

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 pm

RyanVM wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:06 pm
If you don't already have Electrolysis enabled (multi-process), you can try forcing that on too, which may help for responsiveness. Mozilla is doing a staged roll-out of it, so not all users are getting it enabled by default yet ... go to about:config and set browser.tabs.remote.force-enable to true (or create the pref if it doesn't exist)
Ok, This Force-enable was NOT present in my DEV-version ... I did add it, just to make sure I copy pasted correct ... I added "browser.tabs.remote.force-enable" then set it to "True". It is NOW present and I can't say I see an improvement, cant say I DON'T see one either. Is there a way to check. My CPU is a Intel C2Q-Q9300 (2500mhz) which is more then enough for everything I do ... except video editing, which take over an hour, where my brothers i7 SandyBridge can do it in 40min.

I like the look of this, but its slow all around. But as long as I use just one tab, its (barely) ok. As soon as I have multiple tabs, it turns into a studder box. More tabs, more studder. If I have a uTube video play in one tab, open two other tabs, I can't select the other tabs and I cant PAUSE the uTube video in the first tab either. Till they all load fully. I have a Cable modem, 5M/1M, which is more then adequate for many tabs of chrome. I sometimes will have 7-8 tabs open, but normally 2-3 tabs. Mozilla is ok at best, with one tab.

I have done no other tweaks ... do you want me to try some?

I do have uBlock (origin) installed, with the lists shown above. HTTPS everywhere and the latest FLASH.

EDIT to add: It just gave me the 2017-1-11 update automatically, this was nice. The online notes to aurora version aren't shown yet. So I have no idea what was fixxed.

Also noted, that when I crank Chrome, it opens 5 "exe"'s in the task manager, which combined use 312mb ram and about the same in page file. Firefox shows 2 instances in task manager, which combined use 289mb ram and about 279mb page file. If using more ram and/or less page file is an option, I'm ok with this if it offers more performance.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 pm

mooms wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:25 pm
@GH0st:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/nightly/all/
Nightly 53 won't run on XP, FYI.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:32 pm

GH0st wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 pm
Ok, This Force-enable was NOT present in my DEV-version ... I did add it, just to make sure I copy pasted correct ... I added "browser.tabs.remote.force-enable" then set it to "True". It is NOW present and I can't say I see an improvement, cant say I DON'T see one either. Is there a way to check. My CPU is a Intel C2Q-Q9300 (2500mhz) which is more then enough for everything I do ... except video editing, which take over an hour, where my brothers i7 SandyBridge can do it in 40min.
about:support will show you if multiprocess is enabled. That said, if you're seeing multiple firefox.exe processes in Task Manager, it almost certainly is.
I like the look of this, but its slow all around. But as long as I use just one tab, its (barely) ok. As soon as I have multiple tabs, it turns into a studder box. More tabs, more studder. If I have a uTube video play in one tab, open two other tabs, I can't select the other tabs and I cant PAUSE the uTube video in the first tab either. Till they all load fully. I have a Cable modem, 5M/1M, which is more then adequate for many tabs of chrome. I sometimes will have 7-8 tabs open, but normally 2-3 tabs. Mozilla is ok at best, with one tab.
Hrm, that's disappointing. Do you mind pasting in your about:support results here?
EDIT to add: It just gave me the 2017-1-11 update automatically, this was nice. The online notes to aurora version aren't shown yet. So I have no idea what was fixxed.
DevEdition updates daily, so you won't see release notes unless you look at the actual code repository those builds came from.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Code: Select all

Application Basics
------------------

Name: Firefox
Version: 52.0a2
Build ID: 20170112004017
Update Channel: aurora
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Multiprocess Windows: 1/1 (Enabled by default)
Safe Mode: false

Crash Reports for the Last 3 Days
---------------------------------

All Crash Reports

Extensions
----------

Name: Application Update Service Helper
Version: 1.0
Enabled: true
ID: aushelper@mozilla.org

Name: FlyWeb
Version: 1.0.0
ID: flyweb@mozilla.org

Name: Form Autofill
ID: formautofill@mozilla.org

Name: HTTPS Everywhere
Version: 5.2.9
ID: https-everywhere@eff.org

Name: Multi-process staged rollout
Version: 1.6
ID: e10srollout@mozilla.org

Name: Pocket
Version: 1.0.5
ID: firefox@getpocket.com

Name: uBlock Origin
Version: 1.10.4
ID: uBlock0@raymondhill.net

Name: Web Compat
ID: webcompat@mozilla.org

Graphics
--------

Features
Compositing: Direct3D 9
Asynchronous Pan/Zoom: wheel input enabled; touch input enabled
WebGL Renderer: Google Inc. -- ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Direct3D9 vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
WebGL2 Renderer: WebGL creation failed: * Error during ANGLE OpenGL init. * Error during ANGLE OpenGL init. * Error during ANGLE OpenGL init. * Error during ANGLE OpenGL init. * Error during ANGLE OpenGL init. * Exhausted GL driver caps.
Hardware H264 Decoding: No; Failed to create H264 decoder
Audio Backend: winmm
DirectWrite: false (0.0.0.0)
GPU #1
Active: Yes
Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Vendor ID: 0x10de
Device ID: 0x0615
Driver Version: 6.14.13.4052
Driver Date: 7-2-2014
Drivers: nv4_disp
Subsys ID: 0593196e
RAM: Unknown

Diagnostics
AzureCanvasAccelerated: 0
AzureCanvasBackend: skia
AzureContentBackend: skia
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend: cairo
Decision Log
D3D11_COMPOSITING:
unavailable by runtime: Direct3D11 not available on this computer
DIRECT2D:
unavailable by default: Direct2D is not available on Windows XP
D3D11_HW_ANGLE:
disabled by env: D3D11 compositing is disabled

Important Modified Preferences
------------------------------

browser.cache.disk.capacity: 358400
browser.cache.disk.filesystem_reported: 1
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run: false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max: false
browser.cache.frecency_experiment: 1
browser.download.folderList: 2
browser.download.importedFromSqlite: true
browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion: 8
browser.search.update: false
browser.sessionstore.upgradeBackup.latestBuildID: 20170112004017
browser.startup.homepage_override.buildID: 20170112004017
browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone: 52.0a2
browser.tabs.remote.force-enable: True
browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled: false
browser.urlbar.daysBeforeHidingSuggestionsPrompt: 3
browser.urlbar.lastSuggestionsPromptDate: 20170111
browser.urlbar.suggest.bookmark: false
browser.urlbar.suggest.history: false
browser.urlbar.suggest.openpage: false
dom.gamepad.extensions.enabled: true
extensions.lastAppVersion: 52.0a2
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.appVersion: 52.0a2
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.deviceID: 0x0615
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.driverVersion: 6.14.13.4052
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.feature-d2d: true
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.feature-d3d11: true
gfx.crash-guard.status.d3d11layers: 2
media.gmp-gmpopenh264.abi: x86-msvc-x86
media.gmp-gmpopenh264.lastUpdate: 1484128347
media.gmp-gmpopenh264.version: 1.6
media.gmp-manager.buildID: 20170112004017
media.gmp-manager.lastCheck: 1484244748
media.gmp.storage.version.observed: 1
media.hardware-video-decoding.failed: true
media.peerconnection.ice.default_address_only: true
network.cookie.cookieBehavior: 1
network.cookie.lifetimePolicy: 2
network.cookie.prefsMigrated: true
network.dns.disablePrefetch: true
network.http.speculative-parallel-limit: 0
network.predictor.cleaned-up: true
network.prefetch-next: false
places.database.lastMaintenance: 1484139393
places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages: 122334
plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types: application/pdf
privacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdown: true
security.ssl.errorReporting.automatic: true
services.sync.declinedEngines:
storage.vacuum.last.index: 0
storage.vacuum.last.places.sqlite: 1484139393

Important Locked Preferences
----------------------------

Places Database
---------------

JavaScript
----------

Incremental GC: true

Accessibility
-------------

Activated: false
Prevent Accessibility: 0

Library Versions
----------------

NSPR
Expected minimum version: 4.13.1
Version in use: 4.13.1

NSS
Expected minimum version: 3.28.1
Version in use: 3.28.1

NSSSMIME

NSSSSL

NSSUTIL

Experimental Features
---------------------

Sandbox
-------

Content Process Sandbox Level: 1

mooms

Post by mooms » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:49 pm

GH0st wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:53 pm
@mooms, thats the NIGHTLY, which is v53 ... going with v52

I do have it installed now, its (a little) smoother now ... will explain later
RyanVM wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 pm
Nightly 53 won't run on XP, FYI.

Sorry, wrong link...
Here is the correct one:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/all/
This one leads to all editions:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/
Alteration of the world

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:53 pm

GH0st wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:15 pm
<snip>
Thanks, nothing horribly obvious stands out there. I've been talking to one of the engineers who focuses on perf and responsiveness and they'd be willing to look at a profile if you're willing to collect one when Firefox is being sluggish/laggy. If you're willing to do so, grab the Gecko Profiler Addon from the page below and I'd be happy to pass it along.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... n_Profiler

Thanks!

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:40 pm

ok, let me look at doing it

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:09 pm

ok, I went thru the guide, downloaded the extension, then try to move the GLOBE Icon to the bar, but there is no icon, no icon anywhere for it. Look at the guide word for word, look at pics in guide, no F'ing globe icon no where!!!!!!!!! The extension is installed, set to auto update, but ......... I'm to pissed to work on it now, will try again later! (what a P.O.S.)

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:18 am

ok, looked at this again, decided I didn't want to waste the time ...

Spent enought time on web, googling tweaks for this browser, ect ect ... problems I am noticing are similiar for everyone. I suspect your buddy in mozilla will see nothing notable there, as this is the norm.

My Iron-49, using same extension and lists in uBlock, which loads to a BLANK PAGE, in like HALF SECOND. My system is lean, fast and has a 10,000 Velociraptor HD which will benchmark at 183-185MB/s (AS SSD Benchmark), its faster then the Western Digital BLACK. This Firefox will usually take 5-6 second and sometimes as much at 8-9 ... just to start the program.

My Intuition says, there is no improvements to be found/made, just security patches.

I am going to continue to play with it, tweak it some, maybe reduce some stuff that loads ....

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:53 am

They just updated to the FINAL version v52. I wonder if this is the same as "52esp" or do I need to wait for that to update?

Mozilla Firefox 52.0 Final

Firefox Extended Support Release

on the ESR version (Extended Service Release), it still is version "45.8.0esr"

I'm thinking this ESR version is some how different then the regular version, thus we need to wait till 52.0esr, Ryan, can you confirm please!

EDIT: Just updated to 45.8.0esr
EDIT: They just updated it to 52.0esr

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:22 am

So, best recommendation is to install the ESR version , This is the last version for XP, that they will continue to apply security updates, no new features, but added security!!!

Also consider using gHacks for more advanced "Privacy and Security" in Firefox. They have not updated for FF v52 yet, as it just came out. Give them a few days.

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:01 am

I see the problem with chats on sites like "Vaughnlive" is still not fixed ... was last working on v49.0.2

Im specifically referring to the 64bit version :?

long-lurker

Post by long-lurker » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:02 pm

i'm with you, i *DESPISE* Firefox - **only** virus i have **ever** caught was while running so-called "most secure" Firefox...

have you tried a web browser called "QupZilla" ?

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Never heard of it before, will have to check it out ... assuming it still support XP

long-lurker

Post by long-lurker » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:57 pm

i use version 1.8.9 on XP...
but it's not the "newest" version though...

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:50 pm

k

long-lurker

Post by long-lurker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:19 am

my absolute favorite is actually GreenBrowser (most recent update is 12/23/2016)...

but it is just a "shell" to IE8 (my IE is actually *disabled* [i rename IEXPLORE.EXE to IEXPLORE.EX_ then create a FOLDER by the name IEXPLORE.EXE to prevent the OS from re-creating the .exe])...

GreenBrowser is the **FASTEST LOADING** web browser i have *EVER* used...
i *hate* clicking an icon on my desktop or start menu and waiting several seconds for the GUI *only* to load (no start page, just the GUI)...

my Portable Opera 12.18 takes ~ 2-3 seconds to load...
my Portable QupZilla 1.8.9 takes ~ 3-4 seconds to load...
my Portable Pale Moon 26.5.0 takes ~ 4-5 seconds to load...

those times are just way, way, way tooo d@mn lloonngggg to wait just for a GUI to load on an Intel i7 @ 3.4 GHz with 8 GB RAM and no other programs open...

mooms

Post by mooms » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:04 pm

That's because the DLL are already loaded by Windows.
Also, because GreenBrowser is based on IE8, it may have the same security holes, and can be dangerous to use.
Alteration of the world

long-lurker

Post by long-lurker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:02 pm

it's all "personal preference"...
*ALL* browsers have "security holes", if you think otherwise than i have a bridge to sell you in London...
and add "add-ons" to your 'safe' browser just leaves you open for the security holes that the "add-on" *INTRODUCED*...

i actually submit that my browsing experience is safer than 99% of anyone else out there - no javascript, no flash, no silverlight, no shockwave, no off-site images, no off-site .css, no active-x...

i mean, think about it, i find it funny how MACROMEDIA FLASH leads to TONS of "vulnerabilities" on the internet but people still blame the Operating System for the "vulnerability"...

but anywhooo :)

mooms

Post by mooms » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:57 pm

I use NoScript since several years, I don't install Flash anymore since a year, and I don't have any plugins (but a lot of addons, for security, privacy, and adding features).
Alteration of the world

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:00 am

mooms wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:57 pm
I use NoScript since several years, I don't install Flash anymore since a year, and I don't have any plugins (but a lot of addons, for security, privacy, and adding features).
So how does one get sites like "vaughnlive" that runs on flash to work without it being installed ....
or do you just go without sites like that ?? :?:

mooms

Post by mooms » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 am

I just go without sites like that :wink:
Alteration of the world

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:17 am

@Ghost
SRWARE Iron latest version still work on XP , is nt it ?

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:07 pm

v49 is the last version that will install/work on XP ... This is from April 2016. I am still using this version, with extensions to keep me safe.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:19 pm

So, getting ready to do another install, I may make the move to FireFox, with no Chrome installed at all, nothing to fall back on, force myself to like it!

But really, here are my two options, as I see it. Keep with XP (super light, no laggy) and run Firefox (box-o-lag), or change to Win7 (box-o-lag) and use the latest SRWare Iron (super light, no laggy)

Why can't I have No laggy OS and No laggy Browser????????

SRWare Iron makes a version for Mac ... maybe I should buy a Mac!?!? Who has both (Win/Mac) and can comment? Would "I", a WinXP snob, Chrome snob ... like a Mac?

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Can anyone comment on MAC os???????

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:38 am

use this browser on xp and be happy https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/wiki

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:06 am

Go here more up to date build from MSFN
Palemoon is pretty good when optimized by XP Guys
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/176386- ... nt-1145337
Unless you have too great love for SRWARE Iron You can go for Yandex Browser . Based on latest Chrome but work like a charm on XP
https://browser.yandex.com/desktop/main/
Yandex has lot better Security technologies than Google Chrome

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:56 am

Thanks, will check this out latter