OEM building

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
cactus

OEM building

Post by cactus » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:26 pm

I've seen this partially discussed around the net, supposedly it's possible.

I have 2 machines that came with OEM:SLIC licenses. I need to wipe the drives for reinstall, I'll be using SATA secure erase. Both are 7 SP1 Home/Premium x64. Is there a way to build a reinstall disk using the digital river SP1 ISO?

I've read partial instructions that seem to be editing one file and inserting some hardware certificates. Anyone know how this is done? I'm a legitimate user who needs to reinstall but wasn't given any disk..

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:20 am

Before you start, you need to extract both the OEM product key and certificate from your running OS. The key is NOT the key on the sticker.
Google search for "extract key from windows 7"
Or use Everest (now AIDA64) to recover the key.

Google search for "extract windows 7 oem certificate" to find the .xrm-ms file.

Once you have both, then Google search for "windows 7 oem activation slmgr"
or just follow the instructions here:
http://www.podnutz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5300
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Google "Slic Toolkit" and you will get an app that can back up your oem certificate (.xrm-ms) and your oem serial. You need to somehow get the certificate (any_name.xrm-ms) into %WinDir%\system32\oem during setup, either by adding it into your mounted wim, or using the sources\$oem$\$$\system32\oem folder structure in the root of your dvd

You could also later install it via cmd line (if you did not add it to your dvd)

Code: Select all

SLMGR.VBS -ilc <ANY_NAME>.XRM-MS
Also google "create oem dvd"

cactus

Post by cactus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 am

Google only gave partial instructions for different phrases 3 pages deep.

That post-install method looks clean and easy. This way the ISO can still be used for retail licenses during install. I think most people use OEM disks because the sealed discs are ~30+ USD cheaper than retail versions. In the case of 7 and 8. Especially SOHO resellers.

What I'll do is I'll make another partition and try the backed up SLIC backup on it after an install. I had to replace a motherboard in one, do I need to call MS for this one, can I even revoke an old motherboard on OEM, do I even need to?

Thanks

Side-Note: One of these OEM:SLIC machines has a COA with a product id and product key for the installed edition of 7. This makes no sense given how OEM:SLIC works.

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:29 am

All OEM's use the same exact serial for all their machines, so theoretically (if you wanted) you could find out the serial they use for Ultimate or any version you want and activate it thanks to your bios

BTW this is not that dificult, use Slic toolkit to back up your .xrm-ms and serial, you can also use it to determine if/what slic your bios contains (v2.1 is needed for Windows 7)

cactus

Post by cactus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:00 am

Doing ultimate from premium works with update and windows media center without any loader? I found a Netherlands site that seems popular and well managed that has all the vendors OEM:SLP keys. I verified they had my product key.

SLIC toolkit 3.2 reports 2.1 SLIC and exports the xml file and the productid.txt file.

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:31 am

You can swap/activate any sku as long as you have the oem serial for that sku

cactus

Post by cactus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Results
  1. I backed up with SLIC Toolkit 3.2 my premium OEM license
  2. Shrunk volume using manager
  3. Turned off box and loaded 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 ISO burned to DVD
  4. After install and at desktop run CMD as admin and ran "slmgr /ilc xxxx.xrm-ms" of a old HP(this machine is also HP) xml and productid.txt content of a ultimate 64 install. It failed
  5. Rebooted and went into the premium install through dual boot menu. The once "Licensed" license was now "Trial"
  6. I ran "slmgr /ilc xxxx.xrm-ms" with the premium xml I backed up earlier
  7. got "Error Code 0xC004E003" which means failed to activate. Machine was online if that matters
  8. Tried typing productid.txt contents in "slui.exe 0x2a0xBBA" dialog and the computer>properties dialog, both failed
SUMMARY:doesn't seem to work. I used daz loader to verify if methods worked or not. SLIC still shows same HP data there.

I also figured out the loaders just patch volume loader and modify bios shadow in RAM to spoof things. MS doesn't ban users of this method for logistical reasons..

UPDATE:The cert and productid.txt backups for my old backup and after daz loader install and reboot are identical, but I still get that error. Some research only reveals that activation might not be able to write to bios or something; I don't know how it all works, seems cert goes to SLIC table in BIOS and maybe some license data go to registry.

This is bad. It means you have to buy a new license to sale the OEM:SLIC machine if you don't have disc, because you have to wipe the drive or buy a drive. I use SATA secure erase or DBAN.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:59 am

enter oem:slic product key
slmgr /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

enter pkeyconfig
slmgr /lic xxxxxx.xrm-ms

activate
slmgr /ato

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:57 am

You don't need to activate online, its like vlk xp.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:56 pm

ricktendo64 wrote:You don't need to activate online, its like vlk xp.
I know but sometimes it kicks the activation.

@cactus
you are using the regular core/pro Retail DVD and not the VL correct ?

are you entering the slmgr commands from an ADMIN command prompt ?

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Were talking about Windows 7, there is no core/pro and for Windows 8 there is no need for a cert

You have these both mixed up

What I am saying, Windows 7 with OEM cert+OEM serial applied requires no internet activation...at all...ever

Maybe you do because you enter serial first, try registering cert first, then enter serial

cactus

Post by cactus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm using this as Admin CMD

Code: Select all

slmgr /lic [cert]
slmgr /ipk [key]
Those are successful, but before&after reboot:
-"slmgr /dli" still shows "Initial Grace Period"
-SLIC Toolkit shows "validated" and "cert ok"
-Daz Loader 2.2.1 shows "Trial"
-computer>properties shows 2 days remaining trial for product id "00359-OEM-8992687-00010"

The ISO is DigitalRiver Retail SP1 For both ultimate 64 and Home/Premium 32. I'm focusing on Home/Premium now because it was activated but is now trial. OEM SLIC still seems to be the same, giving HP info.

EDIT: After using slmgr /rearm and rebooting, SLIC Toolkit still had green on both, but slmgr /ipk [key] still has no affect. Everything still shows the same. The key SLIC Toolkit backed up in productid.txt was the same HP OEM key you see online and in Daz Loader starting with 4FG99. This is what I use with /ipk. It fails on UI key entries and that slmgr /ato

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:35 pm

ricktendo64 wrote:Were talking about Windows 7, there is no core/pro and for Windows 8 there is no need for a cert

ah Rick my head is spinning from the autumn cold I got 2 days ago.

cactus

Post by cactus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Is it possible for SLIC to go from 2.1 to 2.0? I'm pretty sure it was reading 2.1 in SLIC Toolkit 3.2 at first, now it shows 2.0. It could of just been me from rushing through things. I updated the BIOS just now and still showing 2.0. If it was always this way it explains a lot..

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 pm

2.0 can only activate vista

cactus

Post by cactus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:46 am

ricktendo64 wrote:2.0 can only activate vista
The SLIC 2.0 box came from a reseller with 7 HomePremium 32bit. It was activated so he likely used a loader..

The other is 2.1. I'm going to assume the methods described here will work on it, I wipe it today for resale.

cactus

Post by cactus » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Just to put closure on this thread:

SLIC tool backup then the two CMD slmgr entries works everywhere there is SLIC 2.1 and OEM BIOS. There are ways to do it with loader install-backup-uninstall-slmgr and OEM bios too on laptops you forgot to backup but have OEM BIOS. I haven't tried on bought-new motherboards where there might be SLIC 2.1 but no cert. I have an ASUS ITX like this but haven't looked at the SLIC 2.1 entry to see if there is an ASUS cert.

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:25 pm

If your computer did not come pre-built (like for ex a laptop) then it probably does not have a 2.1 bios slic

mooms

Post by mooms » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:31 pm

I agree with rick.
Also, I've found the easiest way to reinstall the serial/cert if you have a BIOS with slic 2.1, is Windows loader by daz: if a slic is detected, it will install matching cert and serial (and the actual loader if no slic is found).

sara10

Re:

Post by sara10 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:03 am

mr_smartepants wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:20 am
Before you start, you need to extract both the OEM product key and certificate from your running OS. The key is NOT the key on the sticker.
Google search for "extract key from windows 7"
Or use Everest (now AIDA64) to recover the key.

Google search for "extract windows 7 oem certificate" to find the .xrm-ms file.

Once you have both, then Google search for "windows 7 oem activation slmgr"
or just follow the instructions here:
http://www.podnutz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5300
Hello
I have followed all the instruction given by the website podnutz(dot)com but still the following error occurred while installing the loader. The system will not be bootable. Would you like to ignore this and continue with installation?

loader install failed

Dibya

Re: OEM building

Post by Dibya » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:57 am

Dear member Sara , Talking about cracks , activators like Windows7Loader by Daz etc is not allowed please kindly edit your reply
Thanks in advance

mooms

Post by mooms » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:35 pm

First post, and he (or she?) added a link to a suspicious website in the post quoted, clever way to make the link appears legit...
Don't download Windows Loader from it, the only place to find it is at mydigitallife.info, then search for windows loader by Daz.

I have reported the post.
Alteration of the world
Want to thank me ? If you buy something on Banggood with this link, I will earn a little %.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Thanks, Dibya and mooms. Removed the spuriously quoted ink from sara10's post.

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:36 pm

You are most welcome 5eraph .
I believe activating with loader is quite illegal . Better to buy a key as good guys at Ms deserves to get money of their hard work.