Oh look, I've been a member here for 10 years

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
dumpydooby

Oh look, I've been a member here for 10 years

Post by dumpydooby » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:15 am

I still have a 500 GB HDD filled with a bunch of XP junk. All the funny batch files and VBScripts that I wrote and/or used, especially a huge collection of stuff from RogueSpear (that dude just fell off the face of the earth one day, not sure how he's doing).

Man, it's so crazy how much time we all poured into XP. I remember challenging myself to get everything small enough to fit on a single CD with HDD and LAN drivers and some basic applications.

Those were the good old days.

I never actually needed any of this stuff professionally. I mean, it was helpful, but unnecessary. I definitely spent more time doing this stuff than I would have just installing XP manually on every machine. I mostly did it because it was a fun hobby.

Honestly I'm surprised this forum is still around. Not just the fact that RVM has kept it open, but I'm also surprised it was never hacked or anything. Jesus. Kudos to phpBB group for writing a secure platform, I guess. lol

PS-
For anyone who is wondering what happened to DoItRightConsulting.net (the forum RogueSpear and I ran). It was hosted on the same filesystem as a blog that RogueSpear had. The blog got hacked, and the hackers took down the forum with it. RS had changed the FTP password due to a previous hack attempt, so I didn't have the FTP password to resolve the issue. I think he just gave up at that point; I never heard from him again after that.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Was thinking about RogueSpear the other day. Thanks for filling in some of the blanks.

And thanks for sticking around. You've certainly helped keep things interesting. :)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Hey DD! I was also wondering what happened to RS, and you. Last I heard RS had pretty much given up on MS and switched to Linux, I believe.

I have also been proud of the stability of this forum. WinCert has been pretty stable as well, but MSFN had many multiple problems until fairly recently.

Cheers and Regards, my friend.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:39 pm

I actually learned quite a bit at the beginning thanks to RogueSpear and yourself Dumpy

Glad you are still kicking ....

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:24 am

I learnt a lot from you guys after I joined in 2008 ... Thanks!!

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:56 am

thanks a lot , I have learned lot from you guys.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:46 pm

8)
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Re: Oh look, I've been a member here for 10 years

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Fri May 26, 2017 5:07 am

LOL