What with all the spam lately

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
mooms

What with all the spam lately

Post by mooms » Sun May 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Hello fellow members of RyanVM

I've noticed that since some weeks, about 50% of the new posts are spam, more or less elaborate, do you have an idea what happen ?
Alteration of the world
Want to thank me ? If you buy something on Banggood with this link, I will earn a little %.

bphlpt

Re: What with all the spam lately

Post by bphlpt » Mon May 29, 2017 12:06 pm

No, but I've noticed it as well and reported some of it, too. Some I haven't reported because it might not have been spam. Those were usually just a line or two, and could, at a stretch, have been remotely related to the subject. But when they occur in a thread that hasn't been active lately, and the poster just joined that day, it is suspicious.

Cheers and Regards

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:29 am

It's seriously getting out of hand .... I think it's time admin locks this forum down ... as in NO NEW MEMBERS randomly registering. ??

mooms

Post by mooms » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:32 am

Simple counter-measure: the first two posts must be reviewed by an admin/mod before validation.
Alteration of the world
Want to thank me ? If you buy something on Banggood with this link, I will earn a little %.

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:59 am

but you should also be limited to only 2 ... cause you'll get people like the latest "wty123" that does 200 posts on his first go

:tard: