I love Dreamhost

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
RyanVM
Site Admin

I love Dreamhost

Post by RyanVM » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:10 pm

So they just upped my monthly bandwidth quota to 1TB/month and the disk quota to 20GB :shock: :D

What that means is that in the eventual future I'll be moving everything back to ryanvm.net (instead of ryanvm.msfn.org). Should make everybody's life easier again :).

While we're on that topic, I'd be happy to refer anybody who wants to sign up for the same hosting plan while they're still offering the special. It's a great way to help support my site as the referral bonus goes straight to paying for my hosting which expires at the end of February. To sweeten the deal, I'll even give you a $50 off coupon :)

PM or email me if you're interested.
Last edited by RyanVM on Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:40 pm

I've gotten $4,000+ from them for making ONE post in an online forum. I even told everyone I was getting referral credit for it. This was before they let people make their own custom coupons. I just received $200 from them today via Paypal. lol.

So yeah, call me bias, but I HIGHLY recommend them.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:42 pm

I've almost gotten enough referrals from this thread to up my hosting to an account which would give me a lot more breathing room on the bandwidth quote. In February, I used a bit over 800GB of the 1100GB I get per month. With 2 or 3 more signups, I can up my account to one which provides 1600GB per month :)
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:41 pm

Wow, you're only getting $47 per signup, huh? That's impressive to have gotten enough to upgrade your account. gj. :)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:41 pm

I've got enough referral credit built up (along with a pro-rated refund that would come from refunding the current year's subscription fee) that I only need 3 more referrals to be able to upgrade the hosting.

So, who needs a boatload of bandwidth and disk space (and a free domain!) for a really cheap price? One year of hosting which provides 20GB of space and 1TB/month of bandwidth would only cost you $69.40 with the coupon I'm offering! That's a bit under $6/month. Not too shabby ;)

war59312

Post by war59312 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:56 am

Yeah me too buddy. I signed up the day after you. hehe
God Bless America

TokSik

Post by TokSik » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:48 am

Can you provide some more details of whats on offer with this package - i.e. Windows 2003 hosting with ASP, compiled CGI, PHP, Perl, SSI, virus & spam protection - or - Linux hosting with PHP, Perl, Python, SSH, virus & spam protection ?
Can non-US people use it and can we get a .US domain from outside the US with the package?

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:58 am

I'm pretty sure they run Debian on most of their servers. Here's a list of the services they offer with each hosting plan.
http://www.dreamhost.com/shared/comparison.html

I know they're open to non-US people (heck, at least one of my signups is from halfway around the globe and I also know that BtS uses them). I have no clue about the .us domains, but I'm sure they could tell you if you contact them directly.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Xable

Post by Xable » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:02 pm

I use them TokSik so you`ll definitely have no problem if your in the UK.

rusty_steele

I'd love to love dreamhost

Post by rusty_steele » Fri May 12, 2006 11:42 am

I'm sending a PM, but if anyone spots the reply first, I could use a referral (Read that as "fat discount coupon" :wink: ) My host doesn't treat me that nicely, and I host 2 seperate large accounts with them.