Burning Software

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Burning Software

Post by DisabledTrucker » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:49 am

I realize that most of you don't give a damn about a Mac, but I use one a lot, and I've used Roxio's toast on it up to version 6, but now it's getting rather dated and I was looking to upgrade it, only to find out that it's been purchased by Sonic, not liking their products, I'd rather not have to purchase anything else from them. Is there any better/comparible recording applications for OSX? I need the ability to copy/burn .ISO's, Movie DVD's UDF ISO, Of course music CD's, and and other "basic" features that 99.9% of all the major burning apps provide.

I was hoping that Nero would support them to fill up the slack, but they don't seem to be interested, Alcohol isn't either, Blindwrite I haven't asked. I've tried searching for something else, but everything I keep coming up with is mostly for the OS8-9, which is rather outdated, I need something for OS10.3 at the least. I don't have 10.4 yet, but will soon, so that's also a possiblity. I'd preferr it to be able to be used on both the PowerPC and the x86 processors if available. The interface can be as dull as the one for DVDDecryptor for all I care as long as it's in English and is easily understandable of it's features/settings. I shouldn't have to go all over the place to look for the settings, they should all be in one location! I don't care much about the cost of it, I don't mind paying for good software, I'm just trying to find a decent alternative to Toast, that's also easy enough that a 7 year old can use it. I'm not the only one who will be using it as I'll also install it on other family members Apples too, (of course it will be their copies not mine,) which is why I need the simplicity factor there.
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:41 am

I guess noone here cares enough about a Mac to reply to this one :(

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

ViVa

Post by ViVa » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:54 am

I use Nero on my Windows XP if that's a comfort to you. ;)

Daemonforce

Post by Daemonforce » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:57 am

DisabledTrucker wrote:I guess noone here cares enough about a Mac to reply to this one :(
If by noone you mean me, you're right. :lol:
Roxio doesn't make things any better either. I'm hoping Ahead Nero is willing to run on a Mactel. Until then you're out of luck. You're not able to build ISOs, I'm stuck dealing with some problem in Nero where if I copy a Windows image and try to exatract and rebuild, it turns to crap.

This has been quite a month. I don't think anyone has been able to get anything done these past few weeks.
Do you have stairs in your house?

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:20 am

I love Nero for the PC, I had Roxio for years but found there was always times I was running back to Nero to do most everything I needed so I finally quit messing with it...

I too am hoping that Nero will finally run on a Mac be it the PowerPC or Mactel versions, but it's not likely since all the responses I get back from them say they aren't interested in supporting that operating system at this time. And Roxio really doesn't do much on the Mac which is why I was hoping to find something else to use, preferrably freeware, but I'd be willing to pay for it if it has near the completeness as Nero Ultra.

For most of my burning needs on the PC though I find that DVDDecrypter/ImgBurn are just as good if not better than anything else out there. Combined with CDImage_Pro that's available from MSFN.ORG, it's rather easy to burn a CD/DVD.

But all that doesn't do me a hill of beans on a Mac... :?

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:00 pm

I knew I was in a PC forum but I had hoped for more responses then this, oh well, I'll just keep searching then. Thanks everyone... :?

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:23 am

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:28 am

That's a good find, I'll have to check that out ... thanks ;)