XP x64 Edition Key Question, (Not Hacking!)

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

XP x64 Edition Key Question, (Not Hacking!)

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:48 pm

Does anyone know if I can still use the download from M$ with my current x32 key for x64 or not?

I've just purchased the upgrades to do an x64 upgrade to my system, (nothing fancy,) and I want to be able to run the x64 version of the OS on it, but I need to know if I will still be able to use my x32 Key with it and just quit using my x32 O/S that it goes to, in favor of using it with x64 that you can download from M$. Somewhere around here, I did have a copy of the version that you could do this with, but I believe that was a beta version, and I'm not sure I still have it, what I'm needing to know is if the current version has changed that or not, or has anyone tried it?

Just to let you know, I do have multiple copies of XP Pro, one is SP1 and the other is XP Gold that I've slipstreamed to SP2...among others.
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:24 am

The keys are incompatible, just as is the case for all other XP versions. The key will only work with the specific XP version it was intended for.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:12 am

That's what I was afraid of, thanks... :(
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!