How does this look for a first timer...

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

How does this look for a first timer...

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:30 am

WindowsX gave me permission to redo his Aero Glass theme as I seen fit, so I made a few modifications to it, I'd like some feedback on it, since this is my first somewhat successful tweaking of a theme, I've attempted to create some in the past that turned out looking like crap, and I broke down and downloaded Stylebuilder to take a shot at this one. Honestly there are a few things I want to fix such as the common tasks thing on the left down to the bottom again and in color with the photos on the left instead of the right, as soon as I figure out how to do that, once I do, WindowsX has even said I can release it here as an Addon Pack so I will do that when I get it done. Without further ado, here's the shot:
(Click On Pic To See Full Size!)
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

glent

Post by glent » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:46 am

wow great work :D

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:31 am

Thanks, I'm slowly fixing the few problems I was having except I still have to figure out how to create the common tools for the bottom of it, if I only had a copy of the original Vista files to work with...

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:45 am

Slowly but surely getting there here's an update on what I got thus far:

avneet25

Post by avneet25 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:51 am

wow ..i love it.. love the task bar and the tsrat button.. the icons too..

hey if u get time how about relaseing it in another colour then black/grey ( the title bars) ..maybe bluish or royal colour

cheers

nice work

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:53 pm

IF I release it at all, (at this time it's still in development stage,) it will only be in slate, if somone else wants to port it to blue or any other color you'll have to take that up with WindowsX, I only got permission to do the slate one. And for that matter, it may not stay slate for long at all, see below for more details.

My goal is to make the taskbar totally clear except for the icons/buttons on it while bringing back the coloring of the start button, right now I'm using Transbar to do it, but I've found a way to make it clear I've just not implemented it as of yet. The buttons on the task bar will be the reverse of the buttons on WindowsX's latest revision of the Vista Beta 2 theme so they are blue normally, then will turn slate when they are pressed.

I'm also working on doing the same thing for the explorer bars as well, and trying to find out how he managed to move the "common tasks" to the bottom of the screen the way he did it, (top or bottom doesn't matter,) the difference is I want to make them static, using the larger version he used for the previous version and fix it so that the photos that show up in it are done on one side or the other instead of where he had them placed in the previous version. To keep the stupid thing from resizing if you click on a pic or anything else for that matter, is my main objective. As soon as I figure that out, I'll also integrate the transparent bars, then I'll be just about done with it. I also have some tweaking to do on the explorer bar until I get the colors just right on it. I also want to see if I can do something about when it themes Firefox, that it also makes the tabs more a 3-D look then flat like they are now, but that will have to wait until I've completed everything else I need to do with it. ;)