New computer questions

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Raider

New computer questions

Post by Raider » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:35 am

I have been waiting to build a new computer because I hear that the new M2 (AMD) sockets are due in April. Does anybody know if there will be a NForce 5 or just an overhualed NForce 4 board for these? And if DDR2 is the only real difference is it worth it? I mean does DDR2 really help that much?

I have already purchased two WD Raptors of the 74GB variety, an X-Fi Platinum sound card and a Ultra / X-Finity / 600-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / SATA-Ready / SLI Ready / Titanium / Power Supply.

I will probably go with a X1900XT video card (not interested in Sli), an additional 400GB or 500GB hard drive, a Thermaltake Tai-Chi Super Tower Case with water cooling and a few other goodies. I am undecided on the mobo and processor for obvious reasons.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome. I am trying to stay in the $3000.00 range

I have already purchased and am using a Gateway 21" widescreen LCD Flat Panel with built in TV Tuner.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:11 am

I'm pretty sure a new chipset is in development
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:23 am

Hold off from the graphic card, non of today's graphic card are HDMI ready. Even if they say so.