Windows IDENT Files and Setup.exe - ??

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Mythbinder

Windows IDENT Files and Setup.exe - ??

Post by Mythbinder » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:04 am

Heres my problem, my Father In-laws emachine ( out of warranty ) with XP Home, just blew the PSU and took out his MB. Of Course His "Restore Disc" is a Hunk of Junk doesn't even have windows on it unless its inside a 644mb .GHO file which I have No Use for.

I slaved up His HDD luckily the i386 dir is in his Windows Dir

But No IDENT file, after alil searching I find out these are just text files, so I copied the WIN51 and WIN51IP from my Pro disc, renaming WIN51IP to WIN51IC.

uh Well I was Just going to ask if I could Also use the Setup.exe from my pro disc, but the slipstream of sp2 I was attempting just finished "successfully"

The slipstream it seems has created me a Setup.exe even tho there wasn't one there when I started

Guess I'll burn a disc and see if it works.

Edit
On a side Note Anyone Know How I can get the Key for His MS works off the HDD?

Mythbinder

Post by Mythbinder » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:03 am

Welp Install Went Perfect..:) So I have a Fully Functional XP Home OEM /w SP2 disc... Now to make one with a few Packs On it for the real Install.

Sorry for wasting Space here Thought I had an actual problem. Maybe the info will help someone out tho