whats is genuine windows xp validator

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
maverickwhistler

whats is genuine windows xp validator

Post by maverickwhistler » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:34 am

hi

im using windows xp sp2 cd made for me by my fiend from an original cd which he is using too. so 1 key in use by 2 people

now what is genuine windows xp validator and how to use it? i wont be able to validate on ms site for sure i know. but then whats its use?

Fencer128

Post by Fencer128 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:48 am

Hi,

Unless you and your friend both work for a cpmpany that has a volume licence agreement with MS and they have given you a VLP copy of the Widnows media, then it sounds like what you are doing is illegal. You should not share the product key and WGA validation is designed, I believe, to check such things.

End result is that you may not be able to successfully validate your copy of Windows. In fact, I'm wondering how you activated Windows in the first place if it had already been activated by your friend?

Cheers,

Andy
RISult a utility to integrate RyanVM Updates and/or BTS DriverPacks into your RIS image.

maverickwhistler

Post by maverickwhistler » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:51 am

well im not sharing it and its for my personal use only and that too home use

but he cracked it somehow to make it preactivated and also added a new key and said it was unique. but wheni checked on ms site, it said it was not legal/valid key

keytotime

Post by keytotime » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:01 pm

Crack's are not to be discussed. What you are doing is illegal.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:42 pm

Errr....no.

:lock:
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357