Windows XP Activation is really pissing me off!!!

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Bazza

Post by Bazza » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:30 pm

I got "caught" on this re-install. I saved my original copy of wpa.dbl (from my 1st install a few weeks ago) & re-installed WinXP Pro SP2 on the *SAME* hardware. After I re-installed all the HDW drivers I replaced wpa.dbl with my original copy but it wouldn't work for whatever reason. The only driver change that I'm aware of between the 2 installs was the ATI graphic drivers ... v6.5 -> v6.7.

At least when I called I didn't have to answer a 1000 Q's just an automated service that took about 5 mins or so.

Jondar

Post by Jondar » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:47 am

Bazza wrote:At least when I called I didn't have to answer a 1000 Q's just an automated service that took about 5 mins or so.
Don't be surprised that the next time you get "caught" that instead of the automated service, you have to deal with a person.

This recently started happening to me in my latest couple of reinstalls due to hardware problems. Got denied using the internet check, then denied using the automated phone check... now it's off to an operator (who, invariably speaks rather hard-to-understand English :/ )

-- Jondar

Bazza

Post by Bazza » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:18 am

Jondar wrote:
Don't be surprised that the next time you get "caught" that instead of the automated service, you have to deal with a person.

That's what I'm afraid of. Right now I'm having software exception/runtime errors in IE6. So far I haven't found a possible cause or a fix. If I can't find identify the cause then I'll probably have to re-install WinXP again. :cry:

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:44 pm

Windows Activation Pissing this guy Off also http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/3379

Microsoft releases Windows Genuine Key update tool http://bink.nu/Article8072.bink (thanx to SoKoolZ)

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:41 am

Get this... a few days ago I called to activate and the guy decided to be funny. He read out the code I had to type really fast. Way too fast for anyone to type... Laughed (also others in the background laughing) then he hung up on me!

Another time the guy on the other end would say one number then pause for a very long time. I'd say... "ok... ok... what's the next set of numbers? Hello... hello?" then finally he says a few more numbers and the process repeats.

Microsoft better wise up and monitor their employees or something cause I don't have time for these games. I run a business... I am sic and tired of this bull sh!t!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:29 am

Siginet next time you call Microsoft to activate, Tape the Suckkers!
It could be another AOL type scam, you know... The one were the AOL subcriber taped the conversation while he was trying to cancell his account and got a whole lotta dirt on AOL. lol
http://www.insignificantthoughts.com/fi ... tfinal.mp3

Maybe you can get something like that on Microsoft and maybe you will be famous :P (not that your not famous enough alredy)

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:38 am

I'm sure they'll do this to the wrong ambulance chaser at some point. Then it will be just one of many other current lawsuits Microsoft has at any given time.

marzsyndrome

Post by marzsyndrome » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:39 am

ricktendo64 wrote:Siginet next time you call Microsoft to activate, Tape the Suckkers!
It could be another AOL type scam, you know... The one were the AOL subcriber taped the conversation while he was trying to cancell his account and got a whole lotta dirt on AOL. lol
http://www.insignificantthoughts.com/fi ... tfinal.mp3

Maybe you can get something like that on Microsoft and maybe you will be famous :P (not that your not famous enough alredy)
That link doesn't work for me? I'm keen to listen to this thing out of interest lol.

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:04 pm

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:20 am

Great news everyone! I pretty much finished my investigation on the best method to bypass activating windows. Thanks to Bezalel of msfn.org. He also gave me permission to put together a tool to do it... so I hope to have something released very soon. I will be releasing the project as addons that will easily be installable by the integrator. :D It will mainly consist of two files. OEMBIOS.EXE and OEMBIOS.INI

The exe will be the file that is run and it will look at the bios to find the manufacture. Once it finds the manufacture it will read the ini to see what oembios.* files are needed for the system. Then it will grab those specific oem files. The integrator will make all modifications to your disk to make this project work. ;)

So stay tuned!

For more info about Bezalel's findings check out this thread:
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?sho ... hl=oembios
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:53 am

I don't even use windows update anymore. I just use windiz update http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/ they give all the windows updates and if ryan's update pack is legal so is this site. This site does not require wga or anything and it works with firefox so you can delete iexplore.exe and avoid spyware and virus infections!

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:02 am

Siginets talking about Activation...

For the ppl who dont have a Corporate version of XPthey have to phone Microsoft everytime they format their machine.

Its a real pain in the a$$

toco1971

Post by toco1971 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:02 pm

hi all wanted 2 know how to copy a dll to the system32 folder and regiter it automatically on the install

i know regsvr32 /s *******.dll

would i have 2 create a batch file and have that copied to the system32 folder aswell????
and how would i run it

any help would be much apreciated

thanks

tony

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:36 pm

toco1971 wrote:hi all wanted 2 know how to copy a dll to the system32 folder and regiter it automatically on the install

i know regsvr32 /s *******.dll

would i have 2 create a batch file and have that copied to the system32 folder aswell????
and how would i run it

any help would be much apreciated

thanks

tony
this is definatly not the right thread to ask that. you'd get much more help asking in the correct place.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

toco1971

Post by toco1971 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:06 pm

lol

thanks Siginet i never did mention the name of the dll i wanted to register

any how thanks to ricknintendo64's videos on making silent switches i managed to make my own addon that installs at runonceex using SilentSwitchMaker.7z not even any need to resart the pc

infact thanks to all yous guys RyanVM Siginet 5eraph nonno fabio and ricknintendo64 ive read through countless posts and yous guys r always there to help

thanks again Tony(toco1971)

ps. i cant seem to find those videos again any1 got the linkl

toco1971

Post by toco1971 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:17 am