Problems for RogueSpear

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
RogueSpear

Problems for RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:43 am

I'm announcing this here since many of the members of my forum are also members here.

I live close to Buffalo, NY and as some of you may have seen we got about two feet of snow in one day. Unfortunately most of the trees still had a lot of leaves on them. This means there are downed trees everywhere. My power is out at home and could be for several more days.

So if anyone is waiting for answers in a thread or a response to a PM you sent me, it's going to be a few days.

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:52 am

sorry to hear it. Glad you're ok too.

On a side note, we were near neighbors not so long ago. I lived in Niagara Falls (canada) for several yrs until recent health problems forced me to move closer to family members and out of that area.

shark

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:16 pm

Well I hope you keep yourself warm, safe and healthy. :) We'll be here waiting for your return. Soon I am gonna have a need to build a ris server... so I'll be chatting with you soon my friend. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Post by Bâshrat the Sneaky » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:56 am

Awtch! Keep yourself warm and safe! Good luck and talk to you soon :)

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:52 am

Wow we lucked out and got our power back. I own a generator so I was at least able to power my sump pump, refrigerator, and the electric blower for my gas fireplace. We got out of this without suffering any structural damage to the house or a flooded basement.

We lost every single bush and shrub on the property and several large trees either came down completely or will need to be removed because so many major limbs broke off. So that sucks and is going to take a couple weeks with the chainsaw, but all in all we did good. There's still over 300,000 homes with electricity as I write this and it's projected that they won't have everybody back up again until Friday or Saturday.

I'll see about getting some pictures on my web site. You guys wouldn't even believe it. Looks like some sort of bomb went off that only destroys trees and plant life.

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:39 am

ouch, i live in vancouver so all i have had the last few dais is rain, rain, rain :(