Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive. Now with 2 free support incidents for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
Improvements in Windows Defender
• Enhanced performance through a new scanning engine.
• Streamlined, simplified user interface and alerts.
• Improved control over programs on your computer using enhanced Software Explorer.
• Multiple language support with globalization and localization features.
• Protection technologies for all users, whether or not they have administrator rights on the computer.
• Support for assistive technology for individuals who have physical or cognitive difficulties, impairments, and disabilities.
• Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
• Automatic cleaning according to your settings during regularly scheduled scans.
Date Published: 10/23/2006
Download: Windows® Defender
View: Release notes
More Info: Windows® Defender
Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Found Story at Wincert.net
Please, donate any old PC hardware
Save time & space on your HDD/SSD with these installer repacks