Media Player 11 No Audio on DVD Playback

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
cjjester

Media Player 11 No Audio on DVD Playback

Post by cjjester » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi there- i upgraded MP 10 to 11 and now cannot hear any audio on dvd playback. I upgraded two of my machines and am having the issue on both. I have also uninstalled MP11 per MS instructions and still no audio. I have also done a system restore- no difference, uninstalled dvd players, no difference and uninstalled sound card, still no difference. I have googled for this issue and not found anyone else to be having it. Runnign Media Center 2005. I do have all the updates taht were needed. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
Kitten

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:34 pm

are you picking the correct audio track from the DVD??

cjjester

Post by cjjester » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:56 pm

There is no audio to choose from unless something has changes recently. I jsut put my DVD in as normal and it should play- which it does, just without sound...
Kitten

twig123

Post by twig123 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:33 pm

maybe you are missing the optional cd-rom analog audio cord that connects your DVD-rom to the sound card?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:46 pm

More than likley you do not have the correct audio codec installed on your system for dvd audio. Windows doesn't normally come with the audio codec for DVD movie audio playback. Could it be possible the dvd audio did not work prior to the upgrade to Windows Media Player 11? Maybe Windows Media Player 11 somehow uninstalls the codec or something. I'm not positive why this happened to you... but I am pretty positive if you search for "KLite Codec Pack" you should be ok. That's the easiest method I have used in the past to fix most video/audio codec issues. Or you can download the exact codec needed... but sometimes that can be a bigger hassle. Klite's latest codec pack seems to work very well in my opinion.

Hope this info helps.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software