MySpace Gets Goatse'd!

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
UtCollector

MySpace Gets Goatse'd!

Post by UtCollector » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:58 am

Jason Scott discovers that MySpace users are hotlinking an image on his site. And not just a few -- this image is being requested over 400,000 times per month. He decides to use the best known method to stop bandwidth leechers: goatse. In two days, he goatse'd over 25,000 people. Hilarious

Readmore here:
Nice story i did digg it up from digg :D

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:06 am

LOL :P

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:07 am

The image is a bit vulgar, but I suppose it serves them right. Stealing an image for uncredited public use is one thing, but hotlinking said image is much worse because it can cost the victim an obscene amount of money for bandwidth if it is large and not hosted for free.

The punishment fits the crime.

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:03 am

Hahahaha....

Nice post, UT!!
I don't know what this says about me personally, but I'm still wondering what that guy did to get his anus that wide!

Rather than teaching a lesson on hotlinking, it looks more like a lesson on 'Why you shouldn't go to Tijuana...'

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:44 am

My favorite part of the story was how an AOL moderator thought AOL owned the internet and demanded a website be shut down because it violated their Terms Of Service. LOL

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:30 pm

It's very well-written. Perhaps this Jason Scott guy missed his true calling as a writer. However, I Google'd him, and found that he IS releasing a book.

I just wish the font and background colors on his forum were a little easier on the eyes. I had to copy and paste it to a Word document about halfway through. I was getting dizzy. :D