Anyone tried out Word 2007?

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Draknar

Anyone tried out Word 2007?

Post by Draknar » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:26 pm

M$ went crazy with Huge Icons and graphics.

Either you total like or hate it the new way it works.

Many will feel lost just look to open a file which took me awhile to find.

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:26 pm

i will be switching to open office because that interface is too bloated. All those big buttons are hard on my eyes and i have to squint to see what things are and my vision is perfect... i have 20/20 so that is not an issue. Office 2007 is also unstable on vista and xp which is what i have tested it on. I found it randomly crashed. Besides, it would be much harder to make a switchless installer for than the simple /s for openoffice.org :)

underdone

Post by underdone » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 pm

Personally I loved the redesign of the interface. But, the true test came when my mom, who is about as technically unsavy as it gets, got on the computer with word 2007 and absolutely loved it. She said that it was much easier than the older versions she had used a couple times. I think that this is the true test for software, can someone with little to no experience with a computer pick up the program and easily use it.

ViVa

Post by ViVa » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:20 pm

I love Word 2007 as well, nevertheless I hardly ever use it... When I need to hand in a report, I always use LaTeX.

Tasslehoff

Post by Tasslehoff » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:30 am

If they had a tweak for the old bloated menu bar like IE7 I'd love it, that and the fact it puts a useless 529MB msocache on the %systemdrive% :evil: for some reason. Earlier versions simply used the install location eg my temp f: administrative/download stuff partition to add/repair office components. Apart from that it doesn't seem too bad. I guess I'll get used to it in a couple of months after figuring out the new alt shortcuts. :rolleyes: