Looking for Mobility Radeon Drivers?

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
The Creator

Looking for Mobility Radeon Drivers?

Post by The Creator » Sat May 05, 2007 2:59 am

Hey people who are using ATI Mobility cards. I just started making my own set of ATI Mobility drivers and i finally decided i might as well share them with the world. I have a website http://www.atimobility.net that has the most recent version available for download. If you guys could please tell me what you think of them that would be great. They also come with ati tray tools and i may release them as a switchless installer here too. Let me know what you think :)

Thanks,

The Creator

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Sat May 05, 2007 10:55 am

I'm testing a new ISO tonight on my notebook. I'll give them a shot and report back.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Sat May 05, 2007 12:40 pm

I just took them apart and had a look. Don't take this the wrong way, I think you've done a fairly nice job.
It's just that the drivers are just standard ATI drivers that you've run the DriverHeaven ModTool on, added the ATI Tray Tools, wrote a nice batch file, and repackaged as your own.

It's a novel idea, and you are on the right track.

Some helpful hints:
Spellcheck is your friend. :wink:
Add widescreen support to the INF files (my tutorial is here)
Give props where they are due. (used DHModTool, repacked using ***.exe, etc)

BTS Driverpacks have supported mobility chipsets for a long while now but I like this idea of yours with a standalone switchless installer. Gives people more choice...choice is good.

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Sat May 05, 2007 4:08 pm

I did run the mod tool on them yes, but i wrote the bat file and the autoit script to automatically install atitraytools with overclocking disabled so that they would install with the correct settings selected. And thanks for your suggestion with the widescreen, i think i will add it. Did the autoit script work for you? I only tested it on my computer and i did it all at 2:00 am my time lol so there were spelling mistakes i will guess. Ill fix that stuff and see if it still works. I do plan on doing mods past the dh mod tool and i hope to get omegadrivers's permission to include some of those mods that omega wrote. BTW autoit is a really good programming language, i like how it underlines the letters for you and you just tell it what you want it to do. It is very simple and easy to code. I hope to release some good addons here using autoit.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Sun May 06, 2007 3:31 am

I built your package into a switchless installer using CreateurSFX and everything installed fine, although it was far from 'silent'. Your AutoIt script doesn't suppress the tray tools installer window (although it does 'auto select' the prefs for the user.
I haven't had a chance to play with the tray tools utility, interesting though. The auto-overclock utility has my interest.

Not a bad start.

Do you know if your autoit script would be svcpack compatible? I'm going to try integrating my switchless installer at T-13 and see what happens.

The switchless installer I built took your existing packages, added the ATI HW DVD decoder package, modified your BAT file (CMD), and packed them all into the EXE using CreateurSFX. Sweet.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Sun May 06, 2007 8:48 am

OK, my switchless installer addon worked fine at T-13 in VPC. I'll install this XP build on my laptop tonight and report back.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Sun May 06, 2007 2:38 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:OK, my switchless installer addon worked fine at T-13 in VPC. I'll install this XP build on my laptop tonight and report back.
Nope :(
Bad news. Your AutoIt script is not svcpack compatible. The ATI tray tools installer froze as it was being launched, halting all progress. The drivers loaded fine, just not the tray tools.
I guess the only reason it worked in VPC was because there's no ATI hardware emulated.

You've got work to do.

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Mon May 07, 2007 3:10 pm

I didnt make ati tray tools but yeah it is a great utility. How do i make my script svc compatable?

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Tue May 08, 2007 1:01 am

The Creator wrote:How do i make my script svc compatable?
I don't know :oops:
I don't use AutoIt so I don't know what's wrong. Maybe an AutoIt guru around here can chime in and tell you what's going on.
'svcpack' means that the installers (or service packs) run at T-13 (time remaining: 13 minutes) during GuiRunOnce of the windows setup.

All I can say is your silentinstall.exe (AutoIt) breaks during T-13.
I don't know why or what to do to fix it.
Sorry.

Everything else works fine from the Windows desktop though. :D

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:15 pm

unfortunately a fairly large percentage of games in the last 10 years have the ability to detect whether your drivers are "official" or not...and invalidate them. permanently. i used to use the omega radeon drivers for my ati card, until this happened.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Wed May 09, 2007 12:41 am

Really? Which games specifically?
I mod my own drivers and I've never had a game 'invalidate' them...ever.

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:45 pm

axis & allies, the one produced by atari. does it every time. omega drivers worked fine with sims2, diabl2, need for speed carbon, a few others. but axis and allies can somehow detect that theyre not the "official" drivers.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Sun May 13, 2007 2:24 pm

I'm toying with my own switchless installer addon (drivers, ati tray tools, ati dvd decoder) and came across this line of code from the MSFN forums that might solve the whole svcpack issue.

MSFN "cyberyeye" wrote:

In Runonceex.cmd

Code: Select all

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T) DO IF EXIST %%i:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%i:

[b]IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll[/b] REG ADD %KEY%22 /VE /D "ATI Tray Tool" /f
[b]IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll[/b] REG ADD %KEY%22 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\Soft\AtiTray\[b]attsetup.exe /S[/b]" /f

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Tue May 15, 2007 9:03 pm

What about just using nlite addon maker and pointing it to the bat file as an executable? Because nlite adon maker puts the bat into a switchless installer.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Wed May 16, 2007 12:54 am

I do the same thing but use CreateurSFX. I'll work on it over the weekend, watch your inbox. :)

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Fri May 18, 2007 4:42 am

will do! Do you think i have somthing happening here that there is a demand for?